How much magery to cast Mass Dispel 95-100% of the time?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 19, 2004
UO, Atlantic Shard
How much magery do you need to cast Mass Dispel 95-100% (preferably 100% lol) of the time? I know that at 120 magery it's your best bet but I am working with only 69 magery and trying to see if I could get by with throwing on a crystaline or if I need more then 89 magery to cast it almost every time. Reason I say 69 is because thats the lowest you can have for 4/6 casting with chivalry. This template i've been running with spellweaving i'm trying to see how much extra to magery pieces I am going to need to carry to dispel pixies whenever i feel like it.

V

Vaneca

Minimumskill for Mass Dispel is 67.
To cast it 100% you should need 40 Skill above the minimum.
That would make it 107 Magery.

I dont want to ruin your idea here, but I think its the modified skill that counts towards the FC. Meaning any Skillbonus that will take you over the mark, will reduce your FC to 2.
You could just try using scrolls instead of the actual spell.
According to intel provided by uoguide, using a scroll requires the same skill as a spell 2 circles lower. So instead of 7th circle, the requirement that counts is same as 5th circle. Minimum for 5th is 38 magery -> for 100% with scroll you need 78.
Now as you have to stay below the mark, I guess that leaves you with a success chance of roughly 88-90% using a scroll.
Assuming I am correct with my thoughts.

However, the solution for your problem might be too easy for you to recognise.
Your template leaves you with quite a few good options for a summons problem :thumbup:

I know, since I am running something like that aswell :thumbup1:
Just think about it and check all your charakters abilities.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Trinsic, LS
You can use this to calculate casting success: UO Stratics - Magic: Magery

Magery spells cast via a scroll count as 2 circles lower (only magery scrolls work this way). Scrolls only get used up when the spell is successfully cast.

Since you are running Chivalry, can you use Dispel Evil instead?

Stayin Alive,

BG

V

Vaneca

Magery spells cast via a scroll count as 2 circles lower (only magery scrolls work this way). Scrolls only get used up when the spell is successfully cast.

Stayin Alive,

BG
Exactly :)

Dispel Evil
Holy Light
Thunderstorm
Conflag/Explo Pot (depending on the situation)
Area-dmg weapon
Whirlwind

to name a few options.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 19, 2004
UO, Atlantic Shard

Stayin Alive,

BG
no dispel evil only dispels other players summons, I have NEVER had it dispel my own... I am glad it works that way in a sense thatif another person were comming up to me and i had to dispel there summon it would leave mine alone. I wish they would implement a command though specifically for summoned creatures to RELEASE ALL SUMMONS because single clicking each pixie to release is RIDICULOUS.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
I wish they would implement a command though specifically for summoned creatures to RELEASE ALL SUMMONS because single clicking each pixie to release is RIDICULOUS.
Pixies can be released by calling their names together with the keyword 'release'.

Examples:
  • Iril release
  • Dan123The123Man release

I have seen people make UO macroes in the client which calls out all possible pixie names with the release command. A lot of spamming with just one key press. I don't have a list at hand, the pixie spawn in the Stygian Abyss dungeon might help you compile a list fast. Or just cast summon pixie.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 19, 2004
UO, Atlantic Shard
Pixies can be released by calling their names together with the keyword 'release'.

Examples:
  • Iril release
  • Dan123The123Man release

I have seen people make UO macroes in the client which calls out all possible pixie names with the release command. A lot of spamming with just one key press. I don't have a list at hand, the pixie spawn in the Stygian Abyss dungeon might help you compile a list fast. Or just cast summon pixie.
yes I know this, but since pixies have ALL Random names everytime you summon them... You have to say that for all four pixies seperately? No thanks, there should be something to say that will release all four of them. The way it works when you summon a pixie they have a random name so you cant set a macro to release them because you don't know which random name it will have at that time. So being able to release all of the summons at once would be a nice command to have. Example would be, "Release all summons" "All Release Summons" or something of that nature.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 6, 2010
does hit dispell on a bow actually work for pvp enemies summons ?
i have a bow at 50%, the max i think and it takes forever and a day to actually dispell... or maybe it never does and it's a guildies spell that is dispelling the summons...

C

Cloak&Dagger

yes I know this, but since pixies have ALL Random names everytime you summon them... You have to say that for all four pixies seperately? No thanks, there should be something to say that will release all four of them. The way it works when you summon a pixie they have a random name so you cant set a macro to release them because you don't know which random name it will have at that time. So being able to release all of the summons at once would be a nice command to have. Example would be, "Release all summons" "All Release Summons" or something of that nature.
you should be able to spam all the names just once and it will release all 4 pixies. On a side note, and more towards your original question, Use Mass dispell scrolls. And as someone mentioned it is modified skill. So if you have 69 real magery and add +20 skill items you will cast chiv spells at 2/6 again.

C

Cloak&Dagger

does hit dispell on a bow actually work for pvp enemies summons ?
i have a bow at 50%, the max i think and it takes forever and a day to actually dispell... or maybe it never does and it's a guildies spell that is dispelling the summons...
it works, but 50% is the chance to proc....so its 50% chance each hit. Then take your actual chance to dispel the creature. (Only mass dispel has a 100% chance to dispel a summons each time, the normal dispel spell can fail.)

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 19, 2004
UO, Atlantic Shard
what do you mean spam all of the names just once? If your talking about like

jiji release

neferi release

avri release

ect ect everytime... That's what I have to do already, i'm talking about a command that will release all of them without me having to go through the hastle of typing each and every one of there names out every single time. Meanwhile the enemy is running and getting away i'm stuck standing there typing <name> <release> :-/

C

Cloak&Dagger

what do you mean spam all of the names just once? If your talking about like

jiji release

neferi release

avri release

ect ect everytime... That's what I have to do already, i'm talking about a command that will release all of them without me having to go through the hastle of typing each and every one of there names out every single time. Meanwhile the enemy is running and getting away i'm stuck standing there typing <name> <release> :-/
I mean just that, but have it set to a hotkey. You can look up the full list of possible Fairy names, and then set all of them to one key with "release" and just hit that key and viola.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 19, 2004
UO, Atlantic Shard
u know I never thought about that, I wonder how long it would actually take to say this in one macro lol:

Klian release
Klistra release
Laeri release
Ciline release
Shiale release
Ourie release
Piepe release
Liera release
Sili release
Sefi release
Cynthe release
Nedra release
Hali release
Jiki release
Piku release
Rael release
Zanne release
Zut release
Sini release
Os release
Wienne release
Xian release
Ybri release
Calee release
Shendri release
Shri release

A total of 26 possible names according to UOGuide, I don't think you can make a macro that says all of that in one line of text, it has to be individual... So the entire macro would have to all of that... How long would it take to do that though lol... I'm at work atm so I can't test it to see how long it'd take to say all of that in one macro. Would you even put a pause inbetween using UOAssist or by Options in the game?

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 28, 2008
Couldn't you just hit them with a weapon and kill them?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 19, 2004
UO, Atlantic Shard
Not really, you would lose about 200 karma per pixie and with chivalry being based upon karma that wouldn't go to well lol. By the end of the day you'd go from 20k positive karma to like 20k negative lol.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
Klian release
Klistra release
Laeri release
Ciline release
(about 20 other names)
Calee release
Shendri release
Shri release
Yes, that's what I meant, a macro that spams out all possible names. Sorry for the confusion, I am not a native speaker.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 28, 2008
Not really, you would lose about 200 karma per pixie and with chivalry being based upon karma that wouldn't go to well lol. By the end of the day you'd go from 20k positive karma to like 20k negative lol.
Ah yah I forgot, I play mostly reds so I don't think about things such as karma or flagging criminal.

C

Cloak&Dagger

u know I never thought about that, I wonder how long it would actually take to say this in one macro lol:

Klian release
Klistra release
Calee release
Shendri release
Shri release

A total of 26 possible names according to UOGuide, I don't think you can make a macro that says all of that in one line of text, it has to be individual... So the entire macro would have to all of that... How long would it take to do that though lol... I'm at work atm so I can't test it to see how long it'd take to say all of that in one macro. Would you even put a pause inbetween using UOAssist or by Options in the game?
You should be able to put a good portion of that on one line. Also if I was you I would do a test and and summon 4 pixies, put their names into a hotkey and then after all 4 names put "release", so like "Shri shendri Klian Klistra release" just like that. I am not sure if it works in the original client, but in the new client you can do it like that. (I never tried in the original client and I did try to summon pixies it told me I didn't do the quest on that character so I didn't bother.)