How many more EA?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
How many more will leave? There are more water troughs than houses on Siege. You know the ones I speak of... Maybe you don't. I do not expect you devs ever walk those lands. We were a proud people. We few.

Now we are resigned to oblivion. The Vets are leaving. There will be no place for other bored players to go.

That is why I joined Siege seven some odd years ago. I have toyed with the idea of going "trammie"... That will not happen.

As much as I enjoy my friends from other shards, that is not my UO.

EA (I use the generic term) call your self what you will. The bleeding is only going to get worse. Yeah, Siege does not really count... Who is next?

What is Siege to you folk? A head ache? A wish it would have never happened thing? Please let me know.

If you do not give a damn, I will not waste my time. Most of my shard has quit or moved on.

If you think I am kidding, I am not.

C

canary

As much as it pains me to say this to a mod, but this imo belongs in the rants and spiels forum.

Rants and Spiels Forum: "Gripes, Rants and Venting."

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Yes... I know.

C

canary

Yes... I know.
OK, just wanted to clear that up. Just because someone is a mod that shouldn't be a full free pass to get carte blanche to post anything or anything other posters wouldn't be able to. IMO mods should set the example and tone for the board, not exercise ability that they would not allow others to do.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
This is a full blown rant. I admit it. You are right to call me to task. I expect it will be moved soon.

I am a mod. I am Stratics staff.

I am also a UO player.

This is where I am coming from now. My shard has either guit or is moving.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 2, 2006
I thought you guys got agreement to get the "low lying fruit" developed for Siege?

SP players are their own worst enemies.

Everyone is saying they hate ROT, yet you guys continue to want to keep it. Surely that would be simple and quick to make it exactly the same as all the other shards.

Everyone is saying they want more character slots, yet you guys want to only allow 2. Surely that would be simple and quick to make it exactly the same as all the other shards.

S

Stupid Miner

Everyone is saying they hate ROT, yet you guys continue to want to keep it. Surely that would be simple and quick to make it exactly the same as all the other shards.

Everyone is saying they want more character slots, yet you guys want to only allow 2. Surely that would be simple and quick to make it exactly the same as all the other shards.
You're speaking as if having these opinions is causing the death of Siege.

I would offer an alternative perspective: The Dev team's total disregard of the existence of the shard is what's causing the death of Siege.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Siege folk love ROT... Try it some time.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
To be honest, I am wondering. Is it worth it? All my friends are leaving.

S

Stupid Miner

What percentage of Gripe versus Productive Debate is required to stay on the Uhall?

Despite not having been directly addressed in the original post, this post is actually addressing a very relevant issue. It's being stated in an emotional argument, not necessarily a blander version of a logical argument that most would recognize.

My reasoning is this:
If the issue is enough to make Kelmo willing to break the rules to be heard, then it's a very relevant issue.
If you know Kelmo, this will have meaning to you, if you don't, it wont have meaning to you.
However, the meaning is still there whatever you know about Kelmo.
Not recognizing the meaning doesn't say anything about the meaning but rather about the viewer.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
I spend over sixtey dollars a month on a game I am not happy with.

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 1, 2003
Lake Superior, Iowa
I spend over sixtey dollars a month on a game I am not happy with.
I still play rarely on siege. The lack of people is everywhere but greater on SP. :( Keep up the fight for siege.... but.. If you can find some friendly folks to play on another shard... I know, I know... It can be a fun break IF you can play with some good and semi active people. I do feel the pain tho :( Doing the above.... was hard at first but still keeps me going.

D

DarkScripture

IMO Let Siege burn. I left too. I thought to go back on July 4th. We could get the awesome colored staves after all. Something to play with for awhile. I logged on to get me a staff and it was stole from me in town in less than 2 secs. Let the few , oh so very few keep their ill begotten spoils. No one likes the skill gain anyway. I have brought about 200 ppl over and they never last more than 5 days. It's a sinking ship mate .. BAIL!!

Taking a leason from Tina Small a while back. She Made suits for new players to be welcome on Origin. Siege breeds hate.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 2, 2006
"Many" are telling you guys they would play Siege except for one of the 3 main reasons: RoT, character slots, and housing.

Now RoT might be better, but would you rather have more players without RoT or less players with RoT. Same with characters slots.

You have to start somewhere, but if the things that do get done will have a insignificant impact, you are going to have to wait another 6 months for round 2 of "enhancements".

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
I think I am done with UO...

My apologies to every one.

S

Stupid Miner

"Many" are telling you guys they would play Siege except for one of the 3 main reasons: RoT, character slots, and housing.

Now RoT might be better, but would you rather have more players without RoT or less players with RoT. Same with characters slots.

You have to start somewhere, but if the things that do get done will have a insignificant impact, you are going to have to wait another 6 months for round 2 of "enhancements".
Holding such opinions can only have meaning if they are held by those who have the power to do something about it, or they are influencing those who do.
I contend that those who have the power to do anything about it barely remember that Siege exists, let alone know that something needs to be done for it.
If they though about and cared about this issue, they would have said something, or they would have done something.
We know they haven't said anything, and when was the last time they did something for Siege?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 19, 2002
I contend that those who have the power to do anything about it barely remember that Siege exists, let alone know that something needs to be done for it.
If they though about and cared about this issue, they would have said something, or they would have done something.
We know they haven't said anything, and when was the last time they did something for Siege?
Problem is this... you have a limited number of people working on the game, and Siege represents a very limited number of people in your playerbase.

Where do you spend your time?

I will say that if a "Classic Shard" comes to fruition while Siege Perilous players are kept on the back burner, and other serious game issues are ignored, and SA remains an incomplete expansion, EA may begin to lose my money too.

S

Stupid Miner

Problem is this... you have a limited number of people working on the game, and Siege represents a very limited number of people in your playerbase.

Where do you spend your time?

I will say that if a "Classic Shard" comes to fruition while Siege Perilous players are kept on the back burner, and other serious game issues are ignored, and SA remains an incomplete expansion, EA may begin to lose my money too.
The left thumb is one of the smaller limbs, especially unnoticed by right-handed people, but it still has a necessary, unique, and definite purpose, and the body would be incomplete and flawed if it was lost.

C

Crystal Canyon

I sure hope you are just "thinking" that your done with UO. Tomarrow you may feel differently.

No need to apologies for anything you have said here. Everything you wrote came from your heart because of the love for this game and the disappointed you have in it as of late.

Those who would call you out because of your words here are only trying to lay a guilt trip on someone whom they find superior to themselves. You have as much right as anyone to post your concerns and dislikes in these forums.

If people want to get technical, they should go read UHAll and pay attention to the posts and what they say. (comprehension) I think they would find a good big part of them are much like this and lean more towards speils and rants than they do just an informative post.

*passes the love beads to Kelmo*

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 2, 2006
Maybe someone else should repost a similar thread in UHall.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 23, 2010
Washington

Since no ones asked, Let me be the privileged one to ask can I have your stuff?!

To keep on topic though, I tried Siege a few times, but every time I try all the reds feel the need to gank someone in newbie gear, and sure Siege is all about pvp, but they whine this shards dead, but don't let anyone skill up

O

olduofan

Kelmo I feel you you are by far my fav mod here you are always fare and seem to always share an un-biased opinion I respect that. I just logged into SP and you are right its a ghost town. I played SP 6 years ago and it mite seem lame/silly to you but I didnt like how it looked like fel why would they remove all the leaves from the trees on SP? I also had a hard time meeting good peeps that played when I did (same time zone) so I moved on and went to Pac I wish I had just stayed on ALT back in 1999 It was packed but even in 2003 Pac was packed as well now pac feels empty to me and after logging onto SP it depressed me its gone I feel, anther part of UO that will be lost forever I hope the DEVS man up and do something I doubt they will though. I hope you stay a little longer give it some time lets wait and see what they have planned for this summer. :sad4:

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Apr 29, 2004
Minoc, looking for that orc that killed me
Since no ones asked, Let me be the privileged one to ask can I have your stuff?!

To keep on topic though, I tried Siege a few times, but every time I try all the reds feel the need to gank someone in newbie gear, and sure Siege is all about pvp, but they whine this shards dead, but don't let anyone skill up
did you try joining [NEW] guild, most of the people on Siege give NEW players a break. if you want to try it again just log on and ask for Shalimar in general chat.

O

olduofan

As much as it pains me to say this to a mod, but this imo belongs in the rants and spiels forum.

Yes... I know.
OK, just wanted to clear that up. Just because someone is a mod that shouldn't be a full free pass to get carte blanche to post anything or anything other posters wouldn't be able to. IMO mods should set the example and tone for the board, not exercise ability that they would not allow others to do.

How effed up way to go :bs:

K

Kiminality

Oh, hi, Kelmo :D

In Kelmo's defence, mods are people, too.
It's easy to play the "you're a mod" card, but the mods have just as much right to post what's on their mind as any other poster.
Yes, mods should know the rules, and post by them. But then, so should every other poster, and there shouldn't be a need for mods.

*Bans Kelmo, anyway*

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
Felucca
Siege folk love ROT... Try it some time.
I like ROT. You never had to bother much with skillgaining. Do a few skills here and there and enjoy the rest of your playtime (for that day) with the stuff you like. All the pain in the ass skills on prod shards where so easy on Siege. You just had to bring a little time with you. I expected to get my ass handed to me since i suck at pvp. But i grew up gathering regs in Moonglow many years ago. That was my UO. The UO that was destroyed on all other shards in 2000.

I have noone left on Siege. Everyone i used to play with is gone. The timedifference makes it hard to keep in touch with the americans. Is there any other european left on Siege? :)

W

wee papa smurf

I like seige, iv been making a char there for months, takes so long to make a decent usable char.
Seige definitly needs more loving imo ♥♥

:grouphug:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oct 21, 2008
Baltimore, MD
taylorvsmith.com

Well, that just sucks. Though, I do understand the sentiment.

I wish that I had been involved in Siege when it was busier. After developing a thief and detective there, I learned that there was no one to steal from or detect. :(

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 26, 2005
Maybe it would be worth making new friends you crusty old immovable fart.

:grouphug:
Cant help but...lol!

I understand dude, all my mates left, an entire guild of 100+ as did I. But I'm back, for now.

I tried siege, tried [NEW] and couldn't stick it. Loved the idea, was non-plussed with the reality...

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 6, 2010
Kelmo other shards have a fel you could live in solely if you wanted to and you would never have to venture into tram. Hope you're ok.

F

Fayled Dhreams

I spend over sixty dollars a month on a game I am not happy with.
...la

the darkness barely twitched
as the form appeared into being
holding the hickory handle
of a worn kaiser blade
(buried just beneath Kelmo's sternum)

Heh !
"Oldman ... I'd cut your heart out
but you've already said
ther'ed be no "fruit" fer me labor ... "

*twists and pulls the doubled edged blade*

best to leave you to the decay cycle ...

circle of life
being what it is

nar as much glory as a foul jabberwocky for thee ... :danceb:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
How are you folks doing on your private forum? I considered it... I know I would not really be welcomed...

F

Fayled Dhreams

How are you folks doing on your private forum? I considered it... I know I would not really be welcomed...
"Private Forum" ... ??? what are you on about bitter old man?

>I< certainly don't know >anything< about some hypothetical "private forum" ...
>I< don't "do" friends nor PM's (well established and documented over the years)

*wry smile*

I can see how YOUR private forum is doing ...

no need to inquire ... :danceb:

D

Draken-Korin

While I respect the obvious passion the OP has/and has always had for UO, I call into question the poor me attitude concerning what Siege has become, and frankly I think has been for a long time.

One year after AOS hit and my guilds numbers on Atlantic dropped from 50 real people to around 15 (thanks item dependant UO). I took that number or close to it to Siege hoping to find this vaunted "hidden valley" of a shard that stood the test of time. LMAO.

The group i took were not all pvpers or even enjoyed it, but they did enjoy Sosaria and all the adventuring it brought. Amazingly we inhabitited a whole island/town so was fun for a bit. I found it interesting that each pvp battle I was involved in I was told to "go back to the shard you came from you trammie", which was ironic considering how few times I died to anyone there. The amount of house hiding/stealthing archers and pathetic arse tamers that call what they do pvp that inhabited your shard was amazing.

Posters call people out to please come to Siege its old school UO< blah blah blah... its not. Anyone that thinks it is never played pre trammel, or has a HORRIBLE memory or those times.

Oh one more thing, pvp blew in 2004 on Siege and I dont feel Im way off base saying I doublt 6 years has changed that much. If your going there in the hopes of recapturing what UO was I suggest you go to a private shard and get your fix, worked for me in 04.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Oh no a video game has changed my life is over

L

longshanks

Grace and class this one has. If true you will be sorely missed.

I joined the seige community sometime last year. I joined NEW guild and worked up a mage tamer. Graduated and played with Gilfane a bit.

I think seige has potential but the biggest obstacles for me were:

No housing. I'm not giving up my castle on chessy and 7 fully scrolled out and worked up char slots to put a house for 1 char on seige.

As such i have a full bank box. i had a room in one of the gilfane houses but having not played in a while i highly doubt its still there.

Item based. Seige is just as item based as any prodo shard. Faction gear and imbuing lets a guy run around with the same stuff on prodo shards. I find this ridiculous.

if you read the welcome to seige page it speaks romantically of crafters having a purpose here and that you can sell reg leather and gm armor is fine.... baloney. gm armor is fine if you dont mind getting face planted from the first factioned out stealthed red you come across.

Stealth should have a penalty. You want to run around in stealth mode, upon coming out of it you should have ur resists drop to 10 across the board and your casting time down to - 2 - 6 for a period of time. Or better yet do away with it all together.

This is nothing that has not been said before.

Frankly I find it outrageous that EA does not listen more to the seige player especially given the fact that many seige people carry more than one account.

Best of luck Kelmo.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Kind of like you whenever the unlikely possibility of the EC replacing the CC comes up.
I don't cry and go QQing all over the wrong subforums to get attention over it.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Just because the channel is dead and anyone saying anything is like screaming in a cemetery doesn't mean I'm throwing a tantrum.

K

Kiminality

Just because the channel is dead and anyone saying anything is like screaming in a cemetery doesn't mean I'm throwing a tantrum.
That is true.
But you throwing a tantrum means that you're throwing a tantrum.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
I do not throw tantrums. You are simply oversensitive.

U

UOKaiser

How many more will leave? There are more water troughs than houses on Siege. You know the ones I speak of... Maybe you don't. I do not expect you devs ever walk those lands. We were a proud people. We few.

Now we are resigned to oblivion. The Vets are leaving. There will be no place for other bored players to go.

That is why I joined Siege seven some odd years ago. I have toyed with the idea of going "trammie"... That will not happen.

As much as I enjoy my friends from other shards, that is not my UO.

EA (I use the generic term) call your self what you will. The bleeding is only going to get worse. Yeah, Siege does not really count... Who is next?

What is Siege to you folk? A head ache? A wish it would have never happened thing? Please let me know.

If you do not give a damn, I will not waste my time. Most of my shard has quit or moved on.

If you think I am kidding, I am not.
But what happened? We all know everybiody everywhere is bleeding out and leaving especially all vets of all playstyles.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
So Kelmo... can I have your stuff?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
You could not handle my stuff... I am better and have channeled energies into positive detections.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
You beat your kids, didn't you?