• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How about we cut the candy ^*& BS and give EMs some POWER to deal with losers!!

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The PvP and PK few are trying to throw a smoke screen. Some of those folks are trying to sell that PvP is the driving force of UO. That is false. Most of the players on Siege are not even PvPers much less PKers.
It is not false, it is fact. Take a look at shards without PvP and count the number of stocked vendors. Then go to a shard with a PVP community, you will notice a stark contrast. It is simple math, pvp'rs are too busy pvping to farm items and they will spend ridiculous amounts of gold to have the best items. Why do you think a slither goes for 140-175 million gold? Who do you think is buying 200-300 barbed kits at a time? Smart Trammies wear cursed Shame loot for PvM now because of the unlimited SDI and other amazing mods, so it's not them. UO needs the pvp community to survive and don't let the care bears who spend more time posting than playing convince you otherwise.

Siege is not a valid comparison when it comes to just PVP. The community is very small there due to the lack of insurance, length of time to train a character, and the difficulty of the shard in general. Let's stick with apples to apples, please, if we are going to have an honest debate. Are there any other falsehoods I need to debunk?

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't believe that there are people here that stand up for griefing and other anti-social behavior.
I am not.

The number of griefers have always been comparatively few in this game.

However, what has been considerably more numerous is those who are willing to allow griefing in the name of "sandbox" or other similar concept which does not fit the activity in the slightest. Also considerably more numerous are those who indirectly support griefing by otherwise creating a philosophical space for them. There's many ways of doing this.

Using made up numbers for illustrative purposes: For every, say, 100 players there is, say, only 1 griefer.....But, say, about 10 griefer enablers.

The number of griefers will be cut considerably as soon as the enablers go away or change their stripes, but sadly that'll never happen.

-Galen's player

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It is not false, it is fact. Take a look at shards without PvP and count the number of stocked vendors. Then go to a shard with a PVP community
Which shard is that? Because blatant carebears do harrowers on Atlantic these days. I'm a total trammy and I can go with my guild to do a spawn whenever I want and 9 times out of 10 not even see anyone else. Unless you blatantly troll around the Fel Despise champ area during primetime, nothing is going to happen.

But yeah whatever, you five guys calling each other hackers at Yew Fel gate are the center of the universe.

Smart Trammies wear cursed Shame loot
ROFL

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give them the power to remove troublemakers from their events and said troublemakers are guaranteed to be on here next day claiming the EM evicted them for no reason so that the EM's 'buddies' got all the goodies.
The people at EA running UO just need to consider how cheap data storage is these days and start recording EM events so that the EM who bans someone has clear evidence of the problem child behavior that got someone tossed out of an EM event. The EM can jot down a note of who when & where in the event the griefer was griefing the Players who were trying to enjoy the event and someone higher up the food chain at EA can review it when the griefer whines and sends in a complaint. If someone higher up the power tower at EA gets his time wasted by griefer's complaints which are shown by the recordings to be lies, we may see some authorized permanent bannings.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give them the power to remove troublemakers from their events and said troublemakers are guaranteed to be on here next day claiming the EM evicted them for no reason so that the EM's 'buddies' got all the goodies.
Petra, just set up a thread heading entitled "EM's Won't Let Me Grief EM Events!!!" and move all such new threads someone starts on that topic to that official thread. The griefer's and their supporters can all gather there to pancake and moan about how unfair it is they can't get their jollies ruining the fun of others.

If anyone at EA wants to review it, they can read it all there.