• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How about 'STOP MULTIBOXER'???

Status
Not open for further replies.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So where do you get them cheaper in the USA
If you insist on buying at a US-retailer - fine, it's your own decision. But don't be mad at other US residents who understand how to buy from international markets for their own profit.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you insist on buying at a US-retailer - fine, it's your own decision. But don't be mad at other US residents who understand how to buy from international markets for their own profit.
LMAO I just asked a simple question and get this. Where in that question am I MAD as you say. Do you use PayPal

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you want to see a really good example of multi-boxing...come down to Doom on Origin ;)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 60899 View attachment 60900

5 toons all dressed the same, same weapons all following each other....very clever
In all honesty, that looks more like skilled multi-clienting to me. Those characters look like they are using the built in "follow" function as they are moving on seperate tiles. A multi-boxer would not use the "follow" function and all the characters would be on the same tile.

Certainly not defending multiboxing, I think it needs to be dealt with.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah Frodo that's it exactly.

Until the multi-boxers go away I cannot test Doom accurately.

@Kyronix PLEASE visit Doom on Origin, these guys..or GUY...will be down there all day and night, they have packies parked in the secret room.

Also, the spawn is a bit....much...

I think if those Multi-boxers weren't down there it wouldn't be half bad..but this is ridiculous.
TOOMUCH.jpg
woww.jpg

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LMAO I just asked a simple question and get this. Where in that question am I MAD as you say. Do you use PayPal
And people told you multiple times how to get codes cheaper. You just refuse to recognize it and come up with silly questions. But feel free to go on with it :D

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
In all honesty, that looks more like skilled multi-clienting to me. Those characters look like they are using the built in "follow" function as they are moving on seperate tiles. A multi-boxer would not use the "follow" function and all the characters would be on the same tile.

Certainly not defending multiboxing, I think it needs to be dealt with.
I multi-client 2 accounts and usually follow one of my chars with the other..BUT to have FIVE? And to have them ALL Whirlwind at the SAME time....I don't see that happening....but I could be wrong....

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Until the multi-boxers go away I cannot test Doom accurately.
You cannot accurately test the thing that's been on TC1 for over a week now just because people are down there playing the game? Say, step down of that pedestal some time and walk among us peasants sometime, yeah?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You cannot accurately test the thing that's been on TC1 for over a week now just because people are down there playing the game? Say, step down of that pedestal some time and walk among us peasants sometime, yeah?
It's not just SOME people...and with all SEVEN of them in there Whirlwinding at the same time the spawn it stupid crazy....so no I cannot. If some NORMAL players would come down like we did, maybe it would work..but when you have people like that spamming gen chat selling the new items for 500mil? No thank you.

YOU, however, are more then welcome to try..I will even give you a gold skull ;)

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It's not just SOME people...and with all SEVEN of them in there Whirlwinding at the same time the spawn it stupid crazy....so no I cannot. If some NORMAL players would come down like we did, maybe it would work..but when you have people like that spamming gen chat selling the new items for 500mil? No thank you.

YOU, however, are more then welcome to try..I will even give you a gold skull ;)
No thx, I'm already setup on Izumo and farming with a 12 man party.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

Have any of you even read this thread, have any of you even gave one thought about what's going on, do any of you give two sh*ts about this game any more or is it simply just a paycheck to you? I ask myself each day why I stay when the game I fell in love with crumbles down to multi boxers, cheaters and a DEV team that could give a rat's @ss less about it all. That's the impression you give by staying silent.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I multi-client 2 accounts and usually follow one of my chars with the other..BUT to have FIVE? And to have them ALL Whirlwind at the SAME time....I don't see that happening....but I could be wrong....
I regularly run 4. With macros (in EC or UOA) it only takes a little setup to record a macro that will run for several minutes at a time doing nothing but AI pause, AI pause, etc. Then you hit your play button on each character once every couple minutes.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They get it cheaper by changing their IP location to particular countries where it costs less than in the American version of the store. I think the Mexico version of the store currently has the cheapest price.

Step 1 change your IP to somewhere in Mexico

Step 2 go to the Origin store, and since it thinks you are in Mexico the prices will be different and it will be Pesos instead of USD.

Step 3 buy the same 6 month game time codes for 10%-20% less than the American store charges for them.

I don't do this personally, but it's how many people save money on their accounts. The third party illegal websites make profit this way to, they save 20% automatically by using the Mexican store, on top of whatever sales show up along the way. When they buy in bulk for 40% off combining a sale and the Mexican store reduced price it lets them significantly undercut the actual Origin store prices on their website while still profiting.

All of this (Edit: except for selling/trading the codes) is completely legal and doesn't violate the UO terms of service at all too.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They get it cheaper by changing their IP location to particular countries where it costs less than in the American version of the store. I think the Mexico version of the store currently has the cheapest price.

Step 1 change your IP to somewhere in Mexico

Step 2 go to the Origin store, and since it thinks you are in Mexico the prices will be different and it will be Pesos instead of USD.

Step 3 buy the same 6 month game time codes for 10%-20% less than the American store charges for them.

I don't do this personally, but it's how many people save money on their accounts. The third party illegal websites make profit this way to, they save 20% automatically by using the Mexican store, on top of whatever sales show up along the way. When they buy in bulk for 40% off combining a sale and the Mexican store reduced price it lets them significantly undercut the actual Origin store prices on their website while still profiting.

All of this is completely legal and doesn't violate the UO terms of service at all too.
Um yes it does violate UO's tos.

• Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, unless expressly authorized by EA.
To Clarify that you it gives a list of what Entitlements are.

Entitlements are rights that EA licenses to you to access or use the online or off-line elements of EA Services. Examples of Entitlements include access to digital or unlockable Content additional or enhanced functionality (including multiplayer services); subscriptions; virtual assets; unlock keys or codes, serial codes or online authentication; in-game achievements; virtual points, coins, or currencies.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Um yes it does violate UO's tos.

To Clarify that you it gives a list of what Entitlements are.
That doesn't seem to say that changing your IP to a cheaper store is illegal, only that selling gametime codes is (when I said none of it was illegal, I meant the process of getting it, not the selling part).

All that says is selling/buying/trading is against the rules, I see nowhere where it says you can't use their own website, to pay them their legitimate prices, but on another countries website instead of your home country.

The closest I can see to it would be "trading personal access" but it also wouldn't really be trading, since it's just altering a location setting, not trading one item/service for another item/service.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran

I would love to point how how this website's administrators and moderators are contributing to the derailment of this thread.... But I don't feel like getting banned for talking about staff actions.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That doesn't seem to say that changing your IP to a cheaper store is illegal, only that selling gametime codes is (when I said none of it was illegal, I meant the process of getting it, not the selling part).

All that says is selling/buying/trading is against the rules, I see nowhere where it says you can't use their own website, to pay them their legitimate prices, but on another countries website instead of your home country.

The closest I can see to it would be "trading personal access" but it also wouldn't really be trading, since it's just altering a location setting, not trading one item/service for another item/service.
That's possibly true, though if they aren't paying the proper taxes on their sales, depending on volume of sales they could be risking a felony charge for tax fraud/evasion.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I would love to point how how this website's administrators and moderators are contributing to the derailment of this thread.... But I don't feel like getting banned for talking about staff actions.
I just don't want misinformation or unclear information being spread.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1740$ for playing 29 charakters for 6 month Or 3480$ for a year.....(if the GTC costs 60$) but i cant believe that these guys buy them from origin....
14P 500 Mil for playing 29 Charakters for 6 Month Or 29P per year...
so these ppl need to make nearly 30p of gold Per year, to get Profit...( i never get so much gold in 8 Years, Playing Uo)

So it must be Profitable to do this and earn *DOLLARS*
People that aren't even working hard are making 5 plat a week. The math you guys use to calculate in game transactions is WAY off. ;) 30 plat is 1.5 months. The rest of the months at the amount are all gravy. That's IF you're only doing 5 plat a week. And that's not hard at all.

And smoot: Every post of yours I read, all I can think is that person is blowing smoke into the wind. Multiboxers aren't harming UO. Well, let me correct myself, MOST multiboxers aren't harming UO. There's a select few that most certainly are, and I'm sure the team is and has taken measures to weed them out. I hear GMS are going crazy for multiboxers atm. I've warned tons of them to tone it down a bit. ;) They're not very smart, and those are the people who I have no idea how they ever got access to a script of that caliber. Anyone handing those out is just silly. I discourage it all the time. I'll even say it again here:

If you are a scripter, capable of writing a script of that nature, you're shooting yourself in the foot giving it to anyone. Don't be dumb. And I hope you get banned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lug

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People that aren't even working hard are making 5 plat a week. The math you guys use to calculate in game transactions is WAY off. ;) 30 plat is 1.5 months. The rest of the months at the amount are all gravy. That's IF you're only doing 5 plat a week. And that's not hard at all.

And smoot: Every post of yours I read, all I can think is that person is blowing smoke into the wind. Multiboxers aren't harming UO. Well, let me correct myself, MOST multiboxers aren't harming UO. There's a select few that most certainly are, and I'm sure the team is and has taken measures to weed them out. I hear GMS are going crazy for multiboxers atm. I've warned tons of them to tone it down a bit. ;) They're not very smart, and those are the people who I have no idea how they ever got access to a script of that caliber. Anyone handing those out is just silly. I discourage it all the time. I'll even say it again here:

If you are a scripter, capable of writing a script of that nature, you're shooting yourself in the foot giving it to anyone. Don't be dumb. And I hope you get banned.
LMAO Multiboxers aren't harming UO, what a joke. Go to any EM Event or go to DOOM and tell us MB don't harm UO. I bet you even thought the foul mouthed little PKers pre Tram didn't hurt UO.

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They're not very smart, and those are the people who I have no idea how they ever got access to a script of that caliber. Anyone handing those out is just silly. I discourage it all the time. I'll even say it again here:
I once knew a guy who would pvp with his team, defend harrowers, raid other people, post youtube videos of himself doing content like shadowguard and was known for bragging about its capabilities openly to anyone who would listen.

Wonder whatever happened to him. :rolleyes2:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, please tell a hard-working father of kids and husband of a demanding wife, how ANYBODY with a normal life can earn 5+ plat per month??? I mean, if you are not unemployed, student/schoolboy or -girl, millionaire or boss of your own company (or betraying your company) you cannot play UO 24/7. Who can attend ALL Idocs - I mean, all slots 5/10/15 hours? After 2 am in the morning? Arent people sleeping? (I know, there are timezones)... Who can place all those fancy houses? Who can attend ALL events all around the globe? Even if I had the time, I would not think it is worth it... I mean, there are smart guys trying to trick us... Smart guys who try to sell items worth 4 mil for 75 mil or other smart guys who farm Blackthorns afk all the time an so on...

But but but... If you have a normal job and a normal family (not in the IT-industry and not with a couple of folks working for you) - how can you do that?

In a nutshell, I am beginning to believe, that folks who do this game as a fulltime job might have the right to earn some money. I know that most jobs will make you richer than professional UO-playing. But at least, they made their hobby to a source of income. Not that stupid. But apparently it needs some efforts to be that successful. I would say most people are not to dumb to be comparatively successful but just too lazy or too much occupied with more important things like RL.

Irrespective of these considerations I would say that UO just mirrors modern capitalist world: be greedy, be faster, be better, use all available tricks and invest some efforts. That´s life. I am not complaining. I am living in my academic niche and enjoy RL and use UO for relaxation.

Hence, I would say: I have respect for all those players who are successful with their hunt for EM-rares, at Idocs, house-sales and farming. However, I will never like the idea, that a cetrain part of this "success" is based on non-legit behavior. I am not criticizing players working hard for their success (e.g. coordinating multiple clients, investing alot of time for scanning Idocs and visiting all possible EM events) - but I dislike HOW some people do this.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a nutshell, I am beginning to believe, that folks who do this game as a fulltime job might have the right to earn some money. I know that most jobs will make you richer than professional UO-playing. But at least, they made their hobby to a source of income. Not that stupid. But apparently it needs some efforts to be that successful. I would say most people are not to dumb to be comparatively successful but just too lazy or too much occupied with more important things like RL.

Irrespective of these considerations I would say that UO just mirrors modern capitalist world: be greedy, be faster, be better, use all available tricks and invest some efforts. That´s life. I am not complaining. I am living in my academic niche and enjoy RL and use UO for relaxation.
I always wonder how many of the people who use UO to provide themselves with an income stream properly and completely report that income stream and pay appropriate taxes on it. It's not like the U.S. government's Internal Revenue Service is completely ignoring the issue. No, they have been seriously considering how to tax virtual economies for about ten years now, and I don't think they are the only country engaged in that effort. I think it is within the realm of possibility that the IRS and similar agencies in other countries could end up putting the onus on game publishers/operators to facilitate reporting of virtual transactions and in UO's case, I think that would mean the shutdown of the game.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always wonder how many of the people who use UO to provide themselves with an income stream properly and completely report that income stream and pay appropriate taxes on it. It's not like the U.S. government's Internal Revenue Service is completely ignoring the issue. No, they have been seriously considering how to tax virtual economies for about ten years now, and I don't think they are the only country engaged in that effort. I think it is within the realm of possibility that the IRS and similar agencies in other countries could end up putting the onus on game publishers/operators to facilitate reporting of virtual transactions and in UO's case, I think that would mean the shutdown of the game.
I don't think it's a case of virtual economies here. The 3rd party shops get paid in dollar, and the profit they make there has to be taxed. I doubt authorities care how much "gold" you collect in some game (gold and all items legally belonging to EA!) - they start to care when you cash that gold out into "real" currency for your business' or your personal profit. And I'm pretty sure the shops wouldn't be around anymore, if they commited that obvious tax fraud for years and years.

Some people seem to think of the 3rd party sites as super evil villains, while in reality they are just small businesses doing what all small businesses do.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they start to care when you cash that gold out into "real" currency for your business' or your personal profit.
Isn't this exactly the purpose of the multi-boxing, i.e., to cash out the gold and other in-game items you collected by selling or bartering it for something else that has a value outside of the game?

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I once knew a guy who would pvp with his team, defend harrowers, raid other people, post youtube videos of himself doing content like shadowguard and was known for bragging about its capabilities openly to anyone who would listen.

Wonder whatever happened to him. :rolleyes2:
I am still that person. And I have no problem saying it openly. But I have standards. And one of those standards is, I would never give anyone that hadn't earned the right, and didn't understand the responsibility of using a multibox script. Do I use it for personal gain? Yes. Do I use it to kill people? Very rarely. But occasionally. Would I use it that way as a 24/7 playstyle? No. I actually pvp on a solo pvp character template, and enjoy playing that way. The game is still "fun" to me. And I often get angry at little noob scripters that think because they now have the ability to write a script, that there's no responsibility involved in that, and because they can do something, that gives them the right TO do it. With great power, comes great responsibility. I'll always think Spider Man is king in that regard. ;) People blatantly multiboxing in a way that interferes with someone else's gameplay should get a non lethal or account threatening 24-72 hour ban. The reason I usually don't get in trouble for it, is if someone shows up to farm where I am farming, I'll just leave, and give them the spot. Players that aren't fortunate enough to have the ability, or learn to do what I and others are able to do, deserve a bit of respect in that they actually want to play the game that way. I wanted that at one point in UO also... but now, I'm at the point, where grinding is boring, and trying new things, and creating really great code that gives me the ability to do some things that would normally require a group, is fun for me. Most days it's hard enough to find 3 to 5 people who want to do the same thing you're doing. So if you can do that yourself, why not? I use multiple accounts on most every west coast shard and there's only one or two shards people know who my characters might be. Because I overstepped once or twice on those shards. But I'm mostly covert, and don't want to stir the pot. And that's how every multiboxer should be. If you stick out like a nail, you should get hammered. If you don't hurt the game, and don't rile up the player base, then you should be left alone. I could easily cause serious support issues for Broadsword, but I'm not an idiot like some multiboxers. I don't want to draw their attention. I like Messana and the other devs right where they are. I never attend events, and if I do, I never multibox at them. That's just silly and asking to get hammered. And I hope that happens. I think the devs direction right now is the right one. Give a little leeway, but I'm also of the mind, if a multiboxer sticks his head out of the sand, it should be cut off. 72 hour account ban. Interfere with his gameplay and eventually he'll get the hint. You take away his ability to attend evens for a few days to a week, and he/she will get the point that you are not happy with his actions. Banning accounts is not necessary and is silly, and old thinking. Just let them know you won't tolerate it by taking away their ability to cause trouble or make gold. Or delete a plat of gold from their account if they have amounts like that. ;) First offense 72 hour ban. Second, 72 plus 1 plat. ;)

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i can help you with that.

@de LEET ed
You will find that my characters are never "spamming enemy of one," so no clue where that allegation is coming from. All I know is that I pay for my accounts, my accounts are all open at the same time across 3 monitors, and I have responded to GM's several times who were just checking in (including at an event today) and they never found me to be in the wrong.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You will find that my characters are never "spamming enemy of one," so no clue where that allegation is coming from. All I know is that I pay for my accounts, my accounts are all open at the same time across 3 monitors, and I have responded to GM's several times who were just checking in (including at an event today) and they never found me to be in the wrong.
what allegation?

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He himself is delusional.
Smashed his army scripts he brought out to pvp on four different servers and he pretty much doesn't come around anymore.
The guy just needs to feel important, and will tell himself and anyone who will listen anything to accomplish that.
Last time I seen him was on Pacific, he tried to gank me with his four character archer army, and ended up leaving every one of his bots to die just to ensure he got away. Before that? Two of us killed 9 people, and we found him randomly stealthing around looting the corpses of his own team, we kicked him out of stealth out in the middle of desert t2a and he was dead maybe 2 seconds later.
All that talk about "earning the right to have a script of such caliber"... Some grade-A peter parker talk from ol' Cantscripty right there.
I'm assuming you're cartel? Because they're usually the only noobs able to field enough people to get me come out with them. When you get the urge to fight solo, I'm right here waiting. We'll get everyone on Stratics and bet on it. I'm down to put a few plat up. Everyone knows that cartel can't hang solo. It's cute that you know who I am, and I don't have any clue who you are.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I'm assuming you're cartel? Because they're usually the only noobs able to field enough people to get me come out with them. When you get the urge to fight solo, I'm right here waiting. We'll get everyone on Stratics and bet on it. I'm down to put a few plat up. Everyone knows that cartel can't hang solo. It's cute that you know who I am, and I don't have any clue who you are.
You've cowarded out of every 1v1 offer I've ever made you.

So I guess for the nth time, name a server.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
MAYBE, just maybe, the problem is the creation of a dozen or more "instant rares" every single month? I mean, people are paying hundreds of millions for "rare" items that were sometimes created literally 5 minutes earlier. I mean how rare can that be?

Whatever... people can buy the pixels they want and pay the price they want, it is what it is. My real concern is that it's a self defeating prospect. Just how many 200m+ instant rare can the game support before they get boring. If they aren't generating new interest they are dying out. People keep paying for accounts to keep showing off what they've managed to accumulate but when they get bored with it the idoc rate jumps.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Warned you what would happen from your public outcry against the multiboxers and here we are today.

And what a load of bollocks. Cost of the game, inconsistency in the games clients, unrefined ui's that were handed off to players to modify, giving certain players who could code in Lua abilities that went even beyond 3rd party programs (Auto sort feature that moves all items in one button. Really?) , cost of 8 year old expansions that should of been included in the game long ago, lack of advertisement, lack of contact from the developers for extended periods of time, changes that were made to pvp that greatly effected pvm, massive increases in gear intensity that completely nerfed end game crafting, Expansions not being for sale in certain countries, terrible account management system, the worst checkout system with origin, freeservers that offered different generations of the game. REMOVAL OF CONTENT FROM THE GAME THAT WAS CODED BY AN ALREADY SKELETON CREW *Cough* And the list goes on and on and on and on. It would not be hard to handle multiboxers without even having to ban them. Freeservers already have methods for handling your average botter.

Acting like botters is the reason the game is dead is an extreme over simplification. but I don't blame the developers either as they don't have full control. The days you remember of supreme and draconi, the game was owned by the company running it, not handed off like an old person put in a nursing home with minimal effort to keep them alive until they die.
^^^^^ this ^^^^^

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't this exactly the purpose of the multi-boxing, i.e., to cash out the gold and other in-game items you collected by selling or bartering it for something else that has a value outside of the game?
Yea, I totally agree with that. But multi-boxing has nothing to do with taxes. It's just the vehicle to make the revenue. While the authorities normally do not care how you make your money (i.e. they couldn't care less if you multibox EMs or IDOC or kill monbats 24/7) as long as you actually tax your profits from it accordingly (and stay within the law of course).

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am still that person. And I have no problem saying it openly. But I have standards. And one of those standards is, I would never give anyone that hadn't earned the right, and didn't understand the responsibility of using a multibox script. Do I use it for personal gain? Yes. Do I use it to kill people? Very rarely. But occasionally. Would I use it that way as a 24/7 playstyle? No. I actually pvp on a solo pvp character template, and enjoy playing that way. The game is still "fun" to me. And I often get angry at little noob scripters that think because they now have the ability to write a script, that there's no responsibility involved in that, and because they can do something, that gives them the right TO do it. With great power, comes great responsibility. I'll always think Spider Man is king in that regard. ;) People blatantly multiboxing in a way that interferes with someone else's gameplay should get a non lethal or account threatening 24-72 hour ban. The reason I usually don't get in trouble for it, is if someone shows up to farm where I am farming, I'll just leave, and give them the spot. Players that aren't fortunate enough to have the ability, or learn to do what I and others are able to do, deserve a bit of respect in that they actually want to play the game that way. I wanted that at one point in UO also... but now, I'm at the point, where grinding is boring, and trying new things, and creating really great code that gives me the ability to do some things that would normally require a group, is fun for me. Most days it's hard enough to find 3 to 5 people who want to do the same thing you're doing. So if you can do that yourself, why not? I use multiple accounts on most every west coast shard and there's only one or two shards people know who my characters might be. Because I overstepped once or twice on those shards. But I'm mostly covert, and don't want to stir the pot. And that's how every multiboxer should be. If you stick out like a nail, you should get hammered. If you don't hurt the game, and don't rile up the player base, then you should be left alone. I could easily cause serious support issues for Broadsword, but I'm not an idiot like some multiboxers. I don't want to draw their attention. I like Messana and the other devs right where they are. I never attend events, and if I do, I never multibox at them. That's just silly and asking to get hammered. And I hope that happens. I think the devs direction right now is the right one. Give a little leeway, but I'm also of the mind, if a multiboxer sticks his head out of the sand, it should be cut off. 72 hour account ban. Interfere with his gameplay and eventually he'll get the hint. You take away his ability to attend evens for a few days to a week, and he/she will get the point that you are not happy with his actions. Banning accounts is not necessary and is silly, and old thinking. Just let them know you won't tolerate it by taking away their ability to cause trouble or make gold. Or delete a plat of gold from their account if they have amounts like that. ;) First offense 72 hour ban. Second, 72 plus 1 plat. ;)
Good ol' Stratics...
UO Community Forums - "Where we give scripters and cheaters a voice!"

Time to wake up. Start cleaning up your front yard.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've cowarded out of every 1v1 offer I've ever made you.

So I guess for the nth time, name a server.
Ok I'll play the circular game with you. Lets try... the arena on, Chesapeake. Now you say... one of 5 things that are going to halt an actual duel before it happens. And if you don't, you'll just keep circling down the drain of excuses like usual.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Ok I'll play the circular game with you. Lets try... the arena on, Chesapeake. Now you say... one of 5 things that are going to halt an actual duel before it happens. And if you don't, you'll just keep circling down the drain of excuses like usual.
Time.
Date.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Now you say... one of 5 things that are going to halt an actual duel before it happens. And if you don't, you'll just keep circling down the drain of excuses like usual.
Peekay is Paithan?

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
@Balinor of Pk? I heard you were in GODs discord begging anyone to come fight for you on chessy that you were offering 100m.

Anyone can PM me for evidence.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am pretty sure this thread has run its course. Not to mention, this is a touchy subject that leads to accusations and toeing the line of Stratics rules. Any concern regarding the enforcement of the EA/BS terms of service should be directed towards EA and BS directly through player feedback. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.