• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How about 'STOP MULTIBOXER'???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is this list of illegal 3rd party programs located? I keep seeing it mentioned but can't find anything on uo.com.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a sample of what multiboxing looks like, 29 characters (names halved blocked out by me) in one spot. One moves they all move. You cannot target the balron in that room as whatever script the dude had running auto targetted it before a 'person' had a hope in hell and the balron was dead in about 5 seconds.

View attachment 60824

Seen people regularly at eM events with one char moving and their 'alts' following in a nice procession. This dude was reported only without all the names blocked out but nothing was ever done from what I could see.
OH MY GOD... I am so naive. I would have never thought that is possible/anybody would do something silly like that. I mean, what do 29 accounts cost??? You can also throw your dollars out of the window...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OH MY GOD... I am so naive. I would have never thought that is possible/anybody would do something silly like that. I mean, what do 29 accounts cost??? You can also throw your dollars out of the window...
They aren't throwing them out the window... they are using them to gain as much as fast as possible and selling everything for RL money..... including Gold they obtain from selling the items in game... so they are likely making much more than they are spending.

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say they are getting the items from blackthorns and everywhere else to sell for cash on one of those illegal sale websites.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just stupid apparently. Or lacking criminal energy...:gee:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's funny as those characters have never been used at an event. They were pretty good at busting out some fire spawns though.
So they are your char's that is why you know that. What does 29 accounts cost you every month.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw alot of thread's about combat changes, Nerfs,etc.....
What's with the multiboxing.....

They make it alot harder for casual ppl who go on events for month/year's to get a single drop...
I have no luck on events. i dont care, but it make me sick when i see ppl getting more than 1 item because of the high numbers of there own charakters...

My question is: why nobody can't Stop multiboxers??
On the most Events there are lots of them, and it wasn't hard to see who was multiboxing or not...
Anybody a idea, why nobody stop them??
They could stop giving out the items that spark the greed that leads to multiboxing. That would do it. :D

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs don't care about multiboxing

I asked Kyronix on TC1 what are they going to do to deter people from just having their multibox armies camped outside of the rooms waiting for legitimate groups to get the Dark Father up so they can cheese it for an arty with 10 accounts.

This was the response I got..

tl;dr

devs dont give a ****. get over it.
lol, Classic. :p

Well, I admire the fact that he's honest about it, anyway.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well then either someone copied the names to use at events, or it's a stunning coincidence. The ones that start with "The De" "Vla" and "Wha" are seen very frequently at Atlantic events, sometimes multiples named "The De" standing on top of each other all dumping armor ignore shots on the boss with archery. The others appear less often, but do still appear. By themselves the names could just be random, but them being in a group like that in both places seems to imply it is the same person.

Entirely possible I'm wrong and it's just a coincidence, but that many names starting with the same letters seems to defy the odds of it being a coincidence a bit.
I think the names were "The Destroyer, Vlad, wham bam, nosferatu, count Orlok, pixie dust, sweet cheeks, axem red, axem black, Peredo nox/lux," And a few others, all retired now and still on oceania. My old guild used to run fire spawns over there because of the server issues Oceania had back in 2013 made the server beyond dead. I think its still at the bottom of the list below Mugen when you sort them by % full. I'd venture to say that Oceania probably got a lot more love than it normally would have because of its increased population during our time there. We have servers with probably less than 10 players active at peak times(Including the scripters) and we worry about 29 accounts sitting in a single room killing a single monster that could of just as easily of covered all the monsters in the dungeon or been split across all the servers and technically wouldn't of been viewed as "Multiboxing" but as just scripting. Doing that at events and pvp is an entirely different ballpark though, but same concept. Players will cry about the obvious ones, but I promise that there are many there that you wouldn't think are doing anything, but are.

We were losing players long before you guys even knew what "Multiboxing" was and I've said it before but i'll say it again. All conversations like these do is advertise their existence to players who probably didn't even know about them. And a few of those people will actually go and seek them out leading to more players doing it, as can be seen by the # of them at events now vs before certain members of this forum began posting public videos as an outcry. Discussing multiboxing here should be classified the same exact way as describing the Mechanics of a script/3rd party program and what it is capable of, which is against the TOS. Like Scripters, report it to the dev's/gm's.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Where is this list of illegal 3rd party programs located? I keep seeing it mentioned but can't find anything on uo.com.
You would be looking for the list of approved 3rd party programs.

Anything else is considered illegal.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You would be looking for the list of approved 3rd party programs.

Anything else is considered illegal.
That would be true.... There were only 7 applications ever given UO Pro status, and I can only think of a few others that were given the OK afterwards. Though there are a number that hook in via UO Assist that didn't need approval or didn't interact directly with the client(s) Data Stream at all and wouldn't need it.

The 7 UO Pro appliactions are...
  1. UO Assist
  2. UO Calculator
  3. UO Journal Converter
  4. UO Curse Tool
  5. UO Magic Tool
  6. UO Auto-Map
  7. UO Spawn Map
Other applications that weren't "Endorsed" with a UO Pro status that I recall being ok are:
  1. UO Cartographer
  2. UO Mapper
  3. UO Wedding (Doesn't Interact with the Data Stream)
  4. UO Rudder (Doesn't Interact with the Data Stream)
  5. Pinco's UI
Other than that I can't really think of anything that's authorized by the Developers for use. Maybe @Mesanna, @Bleak or @Kyronix can clarify if I missed anything.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aquarius, I feel your pain! You are absolutely right. Its a damn shame. However, nothing will ever happen. Those people pay accounts, many accounts, and thats the currency at the moment. Sad but true. Sometimes, when a patient is really sick, doctors even give more dangerous drugs...
the thing is those accounts arent contributing money to broadsword. they are paid in gold. if any money is actually reaching EA or Broadsword at all, its extremely little if you look at how much those codes are being bought for compared to how much gold they are sold for (with room for profit from the seller)

I dont think mesanna even realizes that these arent valued accounts, and contribute extremely little funds, if any at all, to the game.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
the thing is those accounts arent contributing money to broadsword. they are paid in gold. if any money is actually reaching EA or Broadsword at all, its extremely little if you look at how much those codes are being bought for compared to how much gold they are sold for (with room for profit from the seller)

I dont think mesanna even realizes that these arent valued accounts, and contribute extremely little funds, if any at all, to the game.
They wouldn't sell the codes at the price they do if they were not happy with the profits.

A 6mo code = an upfront payment. Doesn't matter when or on what account it is used. That money has been paid upfront and can be allocated into their revenue stream. They can justify it as an account because once the code is utilized they can match the upfront payment to it. It's really pretty simple.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How in the world do people buy game time codes with in-game gold??

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It does not matter what a 3rd party charges for a code, that code at some point in time had to have been bought from EA/Origin. EA/Origin still got the GREEN stuff

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They wouldn't sell the codes at the price they do if they were not happy with the profits.
agreed. thats my point. judging from the gold cost of codes, its only logical that EA / Broadsword has recieved anything close to retail price for those codes. they are not as valueable to Broadsword / Ea as a retail paid account.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
agreed. thats my point. judging from the gold cost of codes, its only logical that EA / Broadsword has recieved anything close to retail price for those codes. they are not as valueable to Broadsword / Ea as a retail paid account.
So you think that these 3rd party sites are getting a supper discount from EA

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And EA still got the $60. I guess Smoot thought they came out of thin air.
your in the dark if you think the well known sellers are paying 60 for a code. absolutely absurd.

but hey this is UOhall what should i expect.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So you think that these 3rd party sites are getting a supper discount from EA
It wouldn't be the first time. Markee Dragon was getting codes at a discount by purchasing in bulk back when he was dealing in UO stuff, at least according to him.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It wouldn't be the first time. Markee Dragon was getting codes at a discount by purchasing in bulk back when he was dealing in UO stuff, at least according to him.
And that was when we were buying from UO but now we have to go to Origin that has a 1 item limit so where is the bulk deal now?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an utterly interesting thread. Go ahead, please... I am learing so much...

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you really think 3rd party sites sell codes and aren't making a profit somewhere? REALLY?!? LOL

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Nah, @Smoot is refering to the stolen CCs that would buy GTC and sell them at a discounted price. With the changes that system is gone. So now he really is just grasping at straws

And no, Frodo I do not sell GTC. Never have and never will. I was merely teaching that person how the transaction is done.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you are telling everybody that @Old Vet Back Again is one of those sellers and in fact he did not pay the $60 he said he did.
absolutely not, but i dont appreciate words being put in mouth.

i think anyone who has been around the game long enough knows enough without names being metioned.

I dont know how i feel about the selling of codes in general. Personally, its a complicated issue when the subsciption cost is so high. But what i do know is that it only takes basic logic to see that those multibox accounts do not contribute the same amount to the game monetarily as a retail paid account. And because of the degradation these global loot farming / EM item farming account cause to the game, it might actually be making broadsword LOSE money overall if the "discount" accounts cause just a few retail paying costumers to quit.

Overall, personally i dont see codes as the issue. just a contributing factor that would have to be taken into consideration when seeing if having these farming accounts is "worth it" to broadsword.

Personally, and i have been ridiculed over the years by the same old suspects so wont say more than i dont think Mesanna realizes just how detrimental the current multibox scene is to the health of the game.

Last edited:

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
People sell a 6 month game time code for 500m.
So you can prepay your account for 1 year with 1b gold. Nowadays...

And about making profit...you have the 10% discount coupon and ofc there is other tricks (((((legal)))))) to buy them cheaper FROM origin.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, @Smoot is refering to the stolen CCs that would buy GTC and sell them at a discounted price. With the changes that system is gone. So now he really is just grasping at straws

And no, Frodo I do not sell GTC. Never have and never will. I was merely teaching that person how the transaction is done.
im actually not referring to anything specifically. just simple logic judging from how much codes are sold for, and that profit must be being made or it wouldnt be done in the first place. really just simple math, it doesnt matter where those codes come from.

Aquarius88

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1740$ for playing 29 charakters for 6 month Or 3480$ for a year.....(if the GTC costs 60$) but i cant believe that these guys buy them from origin....
14P 500 Mil for playing 29 Charakters for 6 Month Or 29P per year...
so these ppl need to make nearly 30p of gold Per year, to get Profit...( i never get so much gold in 8 Years, Playing Uo)

So it must be Profitable to do this and earn *DOLLARS*

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They aren't throwing them out the window... they are using them to gain as much as fast as possible and selling everything for RL money..... including Gold they obtain from selling the items in game... so they are likely making much more than they are spending.

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say they are getting the items from blackthorns and everywhere else to sell for cash on one of those illegal sale websites.
Pretty much. Or trial accounts - it only takes 2-3 days to get a sampire up and running for Blackthorn mages. Leaves you plenty of time to get a ****load of Blackthorn turn-ins with the remaining 11 days, especially if you have a bunch of characters down there killing stuff.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most of my games i buy i use a VPN to get the cost down, same goes with game time codes right?

I am sure there is far better methods out there

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
@drcossack
Pretty much. Or trial accounts - it only takes 2-3 days to get a sampire up and running for Blackthorn mages. Leaves you plenty of time to get a ****load of Blackthorn turn-ins with the remaining 11 days, especially if you have a bunch of characters down there killing stuff.
Trial Accounts Cant go to dungeons!! (Last I check , it is 1 of the many restrictions)

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There was a website selling 6 month tokens for 20 bucks people bought a lot of them once the well went dry the scripting seemed to slow down

hecate

Journeyman
It's apparent the leadership at Broadsword has no intentions of doing anything about it and it has been slowly deteriorating game play and the player base for a while now. Look at how often this topic comes up - it's more and more frequent. A quick search shows we're at about once a month now on Uhall with the first thread about it over 3 years ago. If that's not enough of a big fat giant sign to the game's developer saying, "Hey maybe we should do something about this" I don't know what is. I have only been back a few months and it's already too much. I have opened and then promptly closed several accounts all except my main one.

Outside of the blatant EM event cheating, where finding cheaters is like shooting fish in a barrel, there are groups of a handful of archers that sit at common pvp areas/choke points. They pop up, 6x AI you and you're dead before you can react. Happens on Siege too and *poof* there goes your suit. Absolutely nothing you can do about it. Page on it and the two English speaking GM's play dumb.

The only thing us legitimate players can do is close accounts or quit entirely. I have spoken with dozens of players in my short time back that don't want to and/or can't keep up with the multiboxers and just quit/close accounts silently. We won't stand for it and if money is their only incentive we're winning that war too. Each multiboxer account opened I'm sure at least 5 legitimate accounts are closed.

I've seen the Dev M&G recaps and playing the, 'ignorance is bliss about multiboxers and blatant cheaters card' will only last for so long. It's the only reason why UO's population has dwindled and disintegrated to it's current state and slowly is becoming the death of Ultima Online. 'Mesanna - For The Love Of The Game' aka 'Mesanna - Short Signed Decisions That Can Make My Paycheck Bigger'

@Mesanna @Kyronix

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've seen the Dev M&G recaps and playing the, 'ignorance is bliss about multiboxers and blatant cheaters card' will only last for so long. It's the only reason why UO's population has dwindled and disintegrated to it's current state and slowly is becoming the death of Ultima Online. 'Mesanna - For The Love Of The Game' aka 'Mesanna - Short Signed Decisions That Can Make My Paycheck Bigger'
The population was massively declining long before 3 years ago when this first started being discussed.

hecate

Journeyman
The population was massively declining long before 3 years ago when this first started being discussed.
Yes as a direct result of doing nothing about cheaters. Games been known for a long while now for cheating... ever since the previous producers that actually DID something about cheaters. I miss Draconi still.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes as a direct result of doing nothing about cheaters. Games been known for a long while now for cheating... ever since the previous producers that actually DID something about cheaters. I miss Draconi still.
Warned you what would happen from your public outcry against the multiboxers and here we are today.

And what a load of bollocks. Cost of the game, inconsistency in the games clients, unrefined ui's that were handed off to players to modify, giving certain players who could code in Lua abilities that went even beyond 3rd party programs (Auto sort feature that moves all items in one button. Really?) , cost of 8 year old expansions that should of been included in the game long ago, lack of advertisement, lack of contact from the developers for extended periods of time, changes that were made to pvp that greatly effected pvm, massive increases in gear intensity that completely nerfed end game crafting, Expansions not being for sale in certain countries, terrible account management system, the worst checkout system with origin, freeservers that offered different generations of the game. REMOVAL OF CONTENT FROM THE GAME THAT WAS CODED BY AN ALREADY SKELETON CREW *Cough* And the list goes on and on and on and on. It would not be hard to handle multiboxers without even having to ban them. Freeservers already have methods for handling your average botter.

Acting like botters is the reason the game is dead is an extreme over simplification. but I don't blame the developers either as they don't have full control. The days you remember of supreme and draconi, the game was owned by the company running it, not handed off like an old person put in a nursing home with minimal effort to keep them alive until they die.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nah, @Smoot is refering to the stolen CCs that would buy GTC and sell them at a discounted price.
Since most of this sites are running for years now, I hardly doubt they use stolen CCs. They would have law enforcement on their asses if it was that easy.

I rather guess it's more about regional price differences, like buying from EU store than selling to US customers that don't have access to the EU store. Maybe even insiders inside Origin giving out codes, but hardly CC fraud.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since most of this sites are running for years now, I hardly doubt they use stolen CCs. They would have law enforcement on their asses if it was that easy.

I rather guess it's more about regional price differences, like buying from EU store than selling to US customers that don't have access to the EU store. Maybe even insiders inside Origin giving out codes, but hardly CC fraud.
It's all three and combinations of all three.

If you live in the USA that is the price.
....If you say so...:eyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.