• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Holiday Gift is available!!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Jewelry box is a nice container if a little lacking in functionality but the Firefly Garlands are about the prettyist things i've seen in UO for a LONG time.:heart:
Oh and lets not overlook that ALL the new gifts are spot on with the isometrics :D
Kudos to the Art team :love:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so a list is in order ;)

Garland:

Hand Strung By:

Yappy Yamadons
Inebriated Ice Fiends
Venerable Vollums
Upbeat Unicorns

Bells:

Embossed with:

The Likeness of Astaroth
The Likeness of Juo'nor

I have yet to do any trading but I'm sure others will add to the list :)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hand strung by : Bashful Bog things, Cheery Changelings, Tidy Terathans, Goofy Gazers, Happy Headless and Xenial Zombies
Bell : The Likeness of Dr. Spector

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I second the kudos to the new artist!!!!!!! These gifts are absolutely awesome looking!!!!!! Well done :):):)

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the graphics are well done but the jewelry box is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. it doesn't free up any lockdowns and there is no filtering. it is sorely lacking features.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
the graphics are well done but the jewelry box is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. it doesn't free up any lockdowns and there is no filtering. it is sorely lacking features.
It does frees up storage space, which is what i thought it was supposed to do. I'm not sure how it would free up lockdowns.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It DOES free up lock downs. I locked one down and started filling it from a locked down backpack right next to it. And watched my available storage increase.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If your jewelry box is acting funny, try releasing it and re-securing it.

When I first placed mine, it wouldn't go over 125 items.

I released it and re-secured it, and it went over 125 - but ONLY if you used the button to add the new items. Thankfully, you can target a container in your backpack to add all the jewelry in it - but you have to do and sub-containers in those directly.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to be the only one who is disappointed with the jewellery box, I had hoped it would have had a sorting filter on it, like a BOD book ... but its just a storage saver :(
You are not the only one. Most people who keep jewelry collections will have them organized in bags by type of jewelry / intensities / combination of properties, etc. Why would I want to just dump them all back into a random "pile"? I spent countless hours organizing them so I knew what was what. If I dump them into a jewelry box, then I have to manually search through them all to find what I want instead of being able to sort by property or being able to tag each piece of jewelry such as... caster, melee, LMC / SDI, or some other combination or custom tag.

The same thing goes for talismans. I have about 30 crafting talismans laid out by type in two bags with intensities from high to low. It takes me 5 sec to pick the one my crafter needs that moment instead of paging through them randomly.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The one problem with the beautiful jewellery box is that it loses normal EC container functionality. There isn't a search function as there is on all containers in EC/Pinco's.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so a list is in order ;)

Garland:

Hand Strung By:

Yappy Yamadons
Inebriated Ice Fiends
Venerable Vollums
Upbeat Unicorns

Bells:

Embossed with:

The Likeness of Astaroth
The Likeness of Juo'nor

I have yet to do any trading but I'm sure others will add to the list :)
The 2 Garlands i've hung are :-

Pleasant Pixies
Funny Fan Dancers

And Bells are :-

Geoffrey
Nystul

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You are not the only one. Most people who keep jewelry collections will have them organized in bags by type of jewelry / intensities / combination of properties, etc. Why would I want to just dump them all back into a random "pile"? I spent countless hours organizing them so I knew what was what. If I dump them into a jewelry box, then I have to manually search through them all to find what I want instead of being able to sort by property or being able to tag each piece of jewelry such as... caster, melee, LMC / SDI, or some other combination or custom tag.

The same thing goes for talismans. I have about 30 crafting talismans laid out by type in two bags with intensities from high to low. It takes me 5 sec to pick the one my crafter needs that moment instead of paging through them randomly.
Being such a advantage freeing up lock downs it's still a must have. Perhaps use several of them to organize it a bit?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Being such a advantage freeing up lock downs it's still a must have. Perhaps use several of them to organize it a bit?
If they had them sorted in containers they could have put used a box for each container. Your aren't just lucky, you have common sense also. I got 21 tokens from a Pacific trader. I had all kinds of rewards on pacific, even a soulstone frag.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh i had an idea for the animated Firefly garlands.......i popped one on the floor and mixed it with some Priceless Treasure stealable pieces and gems.
Totally makes the treasure look so much more Priceless :love::love::love:

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So far I have gotten my characters names on the bells, candy canes and the garlands (if anyone's keeping track heh)

Think this is a new hue of box; ?

hue: 2651

hue: 2741

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ohh i had an idea for the animated Firefly garlands.......i popped one on the floor and mixed it with some Priceless Treasure stealable pieces and gems.
Totally makes the treasure look so much more Priceless :love::love::love:
I like how the ribbon goes on the doors.

upload_2017-12-2_19-22-58.png

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm posting this to warn people about jewelry box. after filling jewelry box with whatever amount and securing it, it will be one lock down. if u unlock it, u will need the number of storage equal to the number of jewelry in the box. if u don't have the storage, u cant lock back down until u make enough house storage. u will get message u will exceed house storage limit. I would keep boxes at 100 or less. hope no one finds out the hard way and puts 500 in it and tries to move/unlock it. they will need 500 storage to lock/secure it back down and wont be able to put in pack. not sure if retrieve will allow u to put in pack but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm posting this to warn people about jewelry box. after filling jewelry box with whatever amount and securing it, it will be one lock down. if u unlock it, u will need the number of storage equal to the number of jewelry in the box. if u don't have the storage, u cant lock back down until u make enough house storage. u will get message u will exceed house storage limit. I would keep boxes at 100 or less. hope no one finds out the hard way and puts 500 in it and tries to move/unlock it. they will need 500 storage to lock/secure it back down and wont be able to put in pack. not sure if retrieve will allow u to put in pack but I doubt it.
Yes it seems we now have some awesome artists on UO......now if only we could get some desent or heck i'd settle for competant coders? :(

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes it seems we now have some awesome artists on UO......now if only we could get some desent or heck i'd settle for competant coders? :(
I think it is AN awesome artist...not sure there are two

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is AN awesome artist...not sure there are two
Yup we have 2 artists now, Jim and Tori, they openly admit they don't play UO (not like the rest of the devs that claim to play and blatantly do not)

Primary Artist: Jim “Onifrk” Crawley
Secondary Artist: Tori Guarino

.....i think Mesanna did the hash job on the Phoenix which is why we are stuck with it.....there's no way an Artist would be happy with how that looks in 2d...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya this is something that needs fixed. If it somehow ends up under your house sign with 126 items in it, you cant pick it up or take things out. @Kyronix @Bleak

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes something seems up with that. I locked down the box empty and took the jewels to it and it seemed to work ok. But I think I had the storage available to cover it. I'm a little nervous about them mucking with it now. Would hate to lose everything. I do recall someone being very concerned about this not being on test center and everyone treated him like he was an idiot ;) Pretty sure it has to be locked down as a "secure" and it can't be just locked down.
Something untested in UO? Say it isn't so.

We ARE the testing team. The Devs dont' play the game so have no idea how to test anything. See the fact that the sorts here are by Ring and Brace. At a minimum you would have sort by human and gargoyle. Forget the fact that what we really want is a property search. LIke show me everything with more than 15% HCI.

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI : Jewelry box must be secure to use. Cant use in Bank.

Each toon can get one if 30 days old.

View attachment 74629
jewelry box is nice but when full cant put on you
if i want (change/transfer )house the jewelry box i need empty it?
if bug need fix it

ex: the jewelry box can take 500 items and will take only 1 lockdown but you cant take on you cause need 500 places in your backpack

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know how long we can get these rewards (redeem the tokens?)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anyone know how long we can get these rewards (redeem the tokens?)
You can "claim" the tokens till Dec. 31st however I will stress this ..... do NOT wait till the last min... I don't know how many times people cry on the last day that they didn't get it... do it now.

After you have the token you can claim your reward anytime forever from now that the game is still available....

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can "claim" the tokens till Dec. 31st however I will stress this ..... do NOT wait till the last min... I don't know how many times people cry on the last day that they didn't get it... do it now.

After you have the token you can claim your reward anytime forever from now that the game is still available....
The only time I got close to tears in UO was the first time I lost all my stuff to a PK haha (or the first time I got duped). I was like 13-years-old or 14 and I just completed my first bone armor set. Old trash barrel to block the door in a house trick, way before they added the eject from house on context (before Trammel, too, of course). Blue guy got me to the house acting friendly then switched to PK. Right after that, Magarock or something along those lines, stopped me as I was running around as a ghost, or a friend of his, and gave me a full, metal suit of armor.

It was my worst day and my best day of online gaming.

I was always hesitant to go red because of that once I started to PvP because I never wanted to have to be in a guild or a group that aimed to PK rather than PvP, but I had fun doing spawns while I did them. There may have been an IDOC or two in the past where I PK'd people, haha XD but um...I never PK'd outside of an objective.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those of you interested: View attachment 74733
Looks like the prototype of the grid containers they talked about adding to CC. I guess this will be the shape of all future containers, so what we EC people are used to have (sorting, customizing, complete container mods) will not work on future containers :( Those gumps are huge enhancements for the CC but at the same time huge steps back from what EC already has.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something untested in UO? Say it isn't so.

We ARE the testing team. The Devs dont' play the game so have no idea how to test anything. See the fact that the sorts here are by Ring and Brace. At a minimum you would have sort by human and gargoyle. Forget the fact that what we really want is a property search. LIke show me everything with more than 15% HCI.
The reoccuring theme is: Everything needs to be done with least effort as possible.

There is a single gump too large in EC? Let's scale all the gumps down!
There is a single particle effect crashing the client? We added an option to disable all particle effects!
A jewelry box for 500 rings without sorting functionality.
No QA. Players should find bugs on TC.

This list could be longer. Most stuff they pushed last 2 years felt basically like buying them time with least effort to me...

Fortunately there is also all the classic UO content from 15 years of other teams.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did too... was rather disappointed, especially since we all know there are bell sounds in-game.
Refers to my post about awesome artists being let down by below competant coders ;)

Can i also add they get 3 weeks off for Christmas????? plus normal holiday entitlement.....
If i asked my boss for 3 weeks off i'd be given my final paycheck whilst he was laughing on the floor.....
I bet they even get a "bonus" in their December wage too