• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Holiday Gift is available!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FYI : Jewelry box must be secure to use. Cant use in Bank.

Each toon can get one if 30 days old.

upload_2017-11-30_23-11-50.png

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
One problem...it says that you can target a sub-container to add jewelry to the box...it doesn't work :(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One problem...it says that you can target a sub-container to add jewelry to the box...it doesn't work :(
If the sub-container is is your pack it works. Works multiple containers deep in your pack. It will take all items from a container in your pack as long as you click that container. Even if it is within a container.

When you remove an item it goes in your main pack. Hard to find in CC. Be aware.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If the sub-container is is your pack it works. Works multiple containers deep in your pack. It will take all items from a container in your pack as long as you click that container. Even if it is within a container.

When you remove an item it goes in your main pack. Hard to find in CC. Be aware.
No it doesn't work that way for me! I click on a backpack full of jewelry in my main and it cancels it out :/

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No it doesn't work that way for me! I click on a backpack full of jewelry in my main and it cancels it out :/
It is working with bags, gift boxes, and backpacks for me. But not working with the gift boxes from the Artisan Festival.

Zoogi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Girkle fur da perdy pikcherz. Gewd ta no wut yooz pickin b4 yoo pick dem *wabes*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I found a backpack it does not work on. Also found a Bulging museum bag it will not take from. Took from another one.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Jewelry Box will accept Garg Necklace but will not accept garg Amulet. They take the same slot.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But the box at least is dyable and can be raise and turn with deco tool - so I make a nice deco idea for my workshop.
Was a bit tricky, but see the result with two jewels boxes stapled:

upload_2017-12-1_7-27-23.png

Last edited:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only tried this two for a quick decoration - might be possible that you could put more on top of each other

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If anyone wants to check out the new Christmas Gifts I have them all placed at the Yew-wood Forrest Theatre located just south-eastish of the Yew Gate Trammel on Great Lakes. I set the Jewelry box to anyone so you can look at it.
upload_2017-12-1_0-57-41.png

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
only seems to work with only items that go in the jewelry box. i had pendants in the bag once removed it worked

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Not really a Christmas kinda guy but I did like the jewelry box. Saved me a lot of storage. Plus you can dye it which is cool. BTW I did pop an angel gift box which was neat. First one I ever got I didn't have to buy lol

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The bells are they meant to be a wall deco or a table deco? I sorta like those. The art does look good from what I can tell, just not into the Christmas thing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The bells are they meant to be a wall deco or a table deco? I sorta like those. The art does look good from what I can tell, just not into the Christmas thing.
Not sure but I put them on my railing...

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had to look up how many names each item had and I don't think I will go for a full set because there's a lot of names!

But I do love that the jewelry box holds 500 items!

Holiday Rewards

All players logging into a production shard that are at least 30 days old between December 1, 2017 at 12:01am ET and December 31, 2017 at 11:59pm ET will receive a holiday gift token
Each gift comes with a gingerbread cookie inside one of 8 common gift boxes and 1 rare gift box available in a variety of hues, including 8 rare hues.
Holiday Bells – each “embossed with the likeness” of one of 36 different characters from Ultima history
Holiday Ribbon – each “hand tied” by a member of the Event Moderator team
Candy Cane – each “hand dipped” by a member of the UO Development Team
Firefly Garland – each “hand strung” by one of 26 different creatures
Animated item that is also a light source which can be toggled on an off by double clicking.
Jewelry Box
House add on that must be locked down to use.
Can be dyed with furniture dyes, natural dyes, and pigments
Holds up to 500 pieces of jewelry and requires 1 lockdown

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hmm, there maybe an issue. jewelry box is supposed to take one lock down. my castle has 6 storage but I cant lock jewelry box down after I put rings and bracelets in it. I get message you will exceed storage limit lol. becareful filling it up and locking it down.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Really happy with this jewellery box, very pretty and nicely done, in fact all of the items are beautiful, a good job team and a big thank you! A huge cheer for the new artist too! :thumbsup:

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I seem to be the only one who is disappointed with the jewellery box, I had hoped it would have had a sorting filter on it, like a BOD book ... but its just a storage saver :(

Also I have my CC set up with single-click when I want info on an item, not just mouse over. So without knowing it, I had dropped about 10 pieces of jewellery into my pack.

Last edited:

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seem to be the only one who is disappointed with the jewellery box, I had hoped it would have had a sorting filter on it, like a BOD book ... but its just a storage saver :(

Also I have my CC set up with single-click when I want info on an item, not just mouse over. So without knowing it, I had dropped about 10 pieces of jewellery into my pack.

Had have the same hope. These filters are a complete joke to me - wonders only by myself why I'm not laughing about ;) . Such filters can only be set by someone who really really don't play this game! Now it's maybe again our part to complain more louder and at the right place to be listened by one Dev's ear. Sometimes I really asked myself what all our beloved american friends who has been to the anniversary party said about this ;) Wasn't it so that they presented them the next big party day to the folk ?

Take it first what it's now - an item saver and hope they fix it to any more useful filters.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I was also hoping for a sort option like vendor search has so I don't have to mouse over 500 rings to find the one that I want....BUT that's the only downside so yay! :)

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran

You can dye multi colors

I love the idea that you can load 500 jewels and Transfer as 1 item, will save a lot of space, but my only question is, as you noticed the BOX is not Blessed, and if you die and you have 500 jewels inside, what will happen??

* I already tested. you cant hold in your backpack if you have more than 125 (Jewels) inside the box

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

You can dye multi colors

I love the idea that you can load 500 jewels and Transfer as 1 item, will save a lot of space, but my only question is, as you noticed the BOX is not Blessed, and if you die and you have 500 jewels inside, what will happen??

* I already tested. you cant hold in your backpack if you have more than 125 (Jewels) inside the box

You can dye multi colors

for me, it looks like if u fill up jewelry box with 500 or what ever amount, u need to have that much storage to lock back down. I have 3 jewelry boxes in my packs now lol. I wonder if the devs can fix this but since there's no other messages about this, I must be doing something wrong lol.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
hmm, there maybe an issue. jewelry box is supposed to take one lock down. my castle has 6 storage but I cant lock jewelry box down after I put rings and bracelets in it. I get message you will exceed storage limit lol. becareful filling it up and locking it down.
Yes a vendor search type filter would have been great. But saving that many lock downs is a winner. Something is up with house storage but it's a tough thing to figure out. I was demolishing a house. The game showed I had 22 lock downs in it. Went nuts trying to find them. Finally took the house down to just an empty plot. Deleted everything with house customizing. So I ended up with just an empty plot and the sign still said I had 22 items in it. So I paged a GM, waited 2 hours and no one ever showed. So I went ahead and demolished the plot and nothing was there. I checked the moving crate, did control shift, closed the client etc but the game had me using 22 lock downs when it should have said zero.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
for me, it looks like if u fill up jewelry box with 500 or what ever amount, u need to have that much storage to lock back down. I have 3 jewelry boxes in my packs now lol. I wonder if the devs can fix this but since there's no other messages about this, I must be doing something wrong lol.
Yes something seems up with that. I locked down the box empty and took the jewels to it and it seemed to work ok. But I think I had the storage available to cover it. I'm a little nervous about them mucking with it now. Would hate to lose everything. I do recall someone being very concerned about this not being on test center and everyone treated him like he was an idiot ;) Pretty sure it has to be locked down as a "secure" and it can't be just locked down.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you take something out, is it exactly the same as when it went in?
Durability, or none? Cursed? Blessed? Named (e.g. Bracelet of Health)? Odd property (sterling silver ring)? Multiple properties (y' all have those legendary items with eight or more properties)?

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant wait to free up a ton of room due to the Jewelry Box, and now I will ask for a holiday and anniversary item "storage trunk" just in time for spring cleaning!

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hmmmm, that's odd?! Logged on, got the message "We have placed a gift token in your backpack." but then nothing shows? It is even on a character that doesn't have a messy backpack so it is not underneath anything else. It's just gone? Does anyone else have that problem?

Edit: Nevermind! It was a patch problem apparently, GM River had a very quick response to try a restart. Now all accounts we tried are getting them correctly.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I got one for all chars, sort of dark blue blob! Almost missed it at first because I expected a gift box...

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One thing I have noticed, you have to have NO MORE than 115 items in your backpack when you log in. Otherwise you will get a message that "you don't have enough room". Even though the token only is 1 item. I'm guessing it may be tied to the fact that some of the "redemptions" might be 7-9 items. Just a guess though, as I am only going for jewelry boxes at this time. I NEED THE LOCKDOWNS!!!!! LOL

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One thing I have noticed, you have to have NO MORE than 115 items in your backpack when you log in. Otherwise you will get a message that "you don't have enough room". Even though the token only is 1 item. I'm guessing it may be tied to the fact that some of the "redemptions" might be 7-9 items. Just a guess though, as I am only going for jewelry boxes at this time. I NEED THE LOCKDOWNS!!!!! LOL
No when you claim them each is only a box, a cookie and the item you asked for. And I have to say I was slightly disappointed that the garland while beautiful is only ONE... the old garlands had 7 or 8... I think... anyway... it's one very beautiful garland and turned on it's even more beautiful.

As for the Jewelry box... this should have been on TC for awhile to work the bugs out. Kudos to those of you brave enough to test it out with your precious items. I think I'll wait till you get all the kinks worked out to actually use one... though I am happy they will hold Talismans as well as Jewels... I plan to have several one for each item type. May have to play around with dyes...

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No when you claim them each is only a box, a cookie and the item you asked for. And I have to say I was slightly disappointed that the garland while beautiful is only ONE... the old garlands had 7 or 8... I think... anyway... it's one very beautiful garland and turned on it's even more beautiful.

As for the Jewelry box... this should have been on TC for awhile to work the bugs out. Kudos to those of you brave enough to test it out with your precious items. I think I'll wait till you get all the kinks worked out to actually use one... though I am happy they will hold Talismans as well as Jewels... I plan to have several one for each item type. May have to play around with dyes...
Right. I did some testing, and figured that out. BUT, I still can't figure out why I can only have a max of 115 items in your backpack to claim the token though. :( I had to pull 10 items off of my "storage" characters (each with 125 items on them, 125 items on a bug they are riding, and 175 items in each of their banks!) to get it. I have TOO MUCH STUFF!!!!! LOL