• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey Mr. Dev, while your at the Faction Fix:

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope you consider the huge battles within each new faction themselves for control over them, we already have that problem within factions now. For example: Red TB characters use base runes to get behind the defense to kill the defenders.

Someone suggested (whom I can't remember), that perhaps a gump like the murder count one, should be implemented with stat or some other type of consquences of attacking the same faction player.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone suggested (whom I can't remember), that perhaps a gump like the murder count one, should be implemented with stat or some other type of consquences of attacking the same faction player.

I think if they were thinking about a consequence for attacking people in the same faction, they'd just go ahead and make it so where you can't attack them, just like the pets (which really made no sense to me).

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if they were thinking about a consequence for attacking people in the same faction, they'd just go ahead and make it so where you can't attack them, just like the pets (which really made no sense to me).
That would work too :)

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't really like that idea. Such a thing would allow players to interfere in your defenses with impunity. They could release pets behind you, counter your fields, pick up all your barricades, even go as far as to bounce your corrupted sigs on you so you cannot get them to town. I'm about to walk out the door, so I haven't time to be creative and think up all the other grief tactics they could use on you if you were prevented from retaliating.

I'd rather deal with fighting them.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really like that idea. Such a thing would allow players to interfere in your defenses with impunity. They could release pets behind you, counter your fields, pick up all your barricades, even go as far as to bounce your corrupted sigs on you so you cannot get them to town. I'm about to walk out the door, so I haven't time to be creative and think up all the other grief tactics they could use on you if you were prevented from retaliating.

Good point.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We all know there are ppl out there that enjoy disrupting others gameplay and would come up with some creative way to disrupt things. Those events you spoke of have already happened. I would much rather deal with hunting down the sigils or killing the released pets (which I don't thing would attack because of the pet changes) then dealing with someone attacking me while i am trying to defend

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd rather leave things the way they are and just continue to have red faction characters that can kill infiltrators and spies, rather than making them invulnerable to attack and still capable of causing mischief.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd rather leave things the way they are and just continue to have red faction characters that can kill infiltrators and spies, rather than making them invulnerable to attack and still capable of causing mischief.
Yeah, just hope you have enough to kill the ones that do attack you in the same faction I guess.

But you're right there is really no solution that would solve both types of griefing other than this.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so maybe it is a bad idea, but darn haven't you guys been reading about how the smaller guilds are the ones that get screwed over by the zergs in factions?

Hell, I have already been told several times, that the my guild will be KOS when the new changes come, I can feel the love already!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, so maybe it is a bad idea, but darn haven't you guys been reading about how the smaller guilds are the ones that get screwed over by the zergs in factions?

Hell, I have already been told several times, that the my guild will be KOS when the new changes come, I can feel the love already!
Kissed On Sight oh no !!!!!!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aren't you still allied to 5 or 6 other guilds?

I remember the first time MPS in guarded in CoM. There was over 20 TB raiding and they dropped guards in front. I think 3-4 of them were tamers. We weren't yet allied to FKD, so they didnt show up.

I think there was maybe 5-6 of us were there (if we were lucky) with some of our alts logged out in back.

We died..quickly. lol

Was fun while it lasted.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its the swing of things in factions. Always has been. Groups and alliances come and go. Every faction gets its chance at being the big dog. And when you get the short end of the stick just keep trying anyway. We've won the sigs plenty, with inferior numbers, over the years.

I prefer fighting the "zerg". Makes the wins taste sweeter.

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope you consider the huge battles within each new faction themselves for control over them, we already have that problem within factions now. For example: Red TB characters use base runes to get behind the defense to kill the defenders.

*looks at responses above*

Dang it is a two way street huh? Is so nice to think you could penalized them in some way

My couple wish list items (besides get rid of points and arties):

*get rid of base runes
*allow exorcism of ghost cams

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*get rid of base runes
*allow exorcism of ghost cams
THIS!

Like he said.. Its a double edged sword. THE WORST thing you could do is have a 'spy' in your base and you cannot get them out.

There is no way to fix this. We know the person is a spy, and we know hes doing it to grief the faction but we cannot prove it. Sadly. This is not a new problem. It was around since day 1. Many folks wasted time trying to come up with a fix for it but its impossible. You cannot penalize someone on their intentions through code. It's just not possible. All you can do is make sure their are no systems/features that HELP people do this. Like faction runes and ghosting. Faction runes were a terrible idea and ghosting is what it is. There is no need for ghosts to be in a base and there is absolutely no reason why a faction member should not be able to exorcise a ghost out of his/her own base. It should have been implemented the first day exorcisim came out.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There always has been small groups of people more than able to fight zergs... It takes strategy... zergs will always be a power, no matter how skillless they are...

Z

Zyon Rockler

I strongly disagree, sounds to me like your promoting being able to kill within same faction so you can stab people in the back. They should make a faction just for you guys, so you can kill each other over and over.

To me this is not a 2 way street, it's a 1 way road to a griefer's paradise and you are trying to keep it that way so you can control by creating chaos and using the rules in a twisted way to your own advantage. A form of cheating.

It is against the rules to harass and killing your own guild, alliance or faction is harassment and any other form of harassment that comes out of it is just as legal if you say killing is, because believe it or not, killing is the worse thing you can do.

The system needs to be fixed to allow people the chance to play factions. It is impossible to kill your own faction and then the enemy. Rules must be made and laws must be set into place.

This is a simple fix. You have a gump come up when you are killed telling you you have been killed by your own faction, alliance, or guild. Do you wish to report them? After this, there are thousands of things that can be done. The Devs can create many different kinds of systems. Here is what I would do: First I would report them because of course you would report a murderer, then they would immediately go into stat, turn grey or red according to their murder counts and their name would be moved to a list on the faction stone, where the faction leader could determine if they should be kicked. After so many offenses they would be removed from the faction, it would be an account ban so they could not add any of their characters back into factions for a period of time, say 1 or 2 weeks. Thus, losing all points, ranks and privileges.

Furthermore, fields, evs, should not affect anyone of the same faction, guild, alliance unless directly used to harm or kill. For example: the all kill command.

You could also mark a player when seen doing something, like a suspected spy and vote strikes on them. After so many people vote, like 25 different people, they could be voted out or put on the leader's list, where they can deal with them.

There are thousands of ways to fix this problem and if it is not fixed it will be abused and factions will fail.

If the griefers find it necessary to keep griefing tactics in place then they should be willing to join the guild that allows for these tactics but it should not affect those players who do not care to deal with the scum bags who could very easily take over.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
In my experience, spys and infiltrators are a very real thing in factions.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I strongly disagree, sounds to me like your promoting being able to kill within same faction so you can stab people in the back. They should make a faction just for you guys, so you can kill each other over and over.
A. This qualifies for the stupid post of the day.
B. See A.
C. See A and B.

On a side note: When did Kelmo become Senior Moderator?

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

To me this is not a 2 way street, it's a 1 way road to a griefer's paradise and you are trying to keep it that way so you can control by creating chaos and using the rules in a twisted way to your own advantage. A form of cheating.

It is against the rules to harass and killing your own guild, alliance or faction is harassment and any other form of harassment that comes out of it is just as legal if you say killing is, because believe it or not, killing is the worse thing you can do.

The system needs to be fixed to allow people the chance to play factions. It is impossible to kill your own faction and then the enemy. Rules must be made and laws must be set into place.

This is a simple fix. You have a gump come up when you are killed telling you you have been killed by your own faction, alliance, or guild. Do you wish to report them? After this, there are thousands of things that can be done. The Devs can create many different kinds of systems. Here is what I would do: First I would report them because of course you would report a murderer, then they would immediately go into stat, turn grey or red according to their murder counts and their name would be moved to a list on the faction stone, where the faction leader could determine if they should be kicked. After so many offenses they would be removed from the faction, it would be an account ban so they could not add any of their characters back into factions for a period of time, say 1 or 2 weeks. Thus, losing all points, ranks and privileges.

Furthermore, fields, evs, should not affect anyone of the same faction, guild, alliance unless directly used to harm or kill. For example: the all kill command.

You could also mark a player when seen doing something, like a suspected spy and vote strikes on them. After so many people vote, like 25 different people, they could be voted out or put on the leader's list, where they can deal with them.

There are thousands of ways to fix this problem and if it is not fixed it will be abused and factions will fail.

If the griefers find it necessary to keep griefing tactics in place then they should be willing to join the guild that allows for these tactics but it should not affect those players who do not care to deal with the scum bags who could very easily take over.
Lol.. you obviously havent played factions much.

When you have ppl join ur faction to dispel ur fields...what do you do if you can't kill them?
When someone joins your faction and follows u around casting wall of stone so you cant cchase ppl down, or run from ppl.. what do you do if you cannot kill them?
When you have ppl joining to hide your traps,
Joining to out vote you
Joining to farm silver
Joining to come in your base and reveal your stealthers
dude I could go on...

You are seriously just not experienced in the factions enough to ****ing discuss this. You have not made one valid point.. you shoot off a couple of opinions and hope ppl let them slide as facts...

I have never stabbed anyone in the back that has been in my faction... I have killed and griefed ppl in my faction ,,, but only to ppl who have done it to me first... and they deserved it...

To me this is a 2 way street.. since in reality it most certainly is. If you cannot kill ppl who join to grief and sabotage its a lot easier for ppl to do so.. That is a fact.. from years and years of experience..

In fel its not harassment to kill your guild or alliance.. that is why you are green, and that is why not only can u kill ur guildies in fel, but also tram and ish and every other facet... Link or Quote something or seriously dont try pulling this bull****....

Your idea for penalizing red sucks.. Penalizing ppl for defending their faction from griefers (BLUE griefers) is just stupid. While I would love to see all reds have penalties there is no way you can justify simply giving ppl stat loss for defending their own faction.. the griefing goes both ways.. get that through ur head.

Fields not only should affect your own guild, FULL FRIEND FIRE should be put back on. The way it is now is straight up ***** ****..

Voting strikes would be awesome. Since I have 6 accounts and 20 ppl in my guild.. I could get 26 votes on any single person in my faction. Whether they are trying to help or trying to grief..... <--- that was sarcasim. You see how griefing goes both ways... My whole guild could be blue for that too.. Great idea..

There are thousands of ways to correct this? Really... damn devs... thousands of ways to correct it and they couldnt do 1 of them.. In reality there isn't thousands of ways to correct this.. There may be 4 or 5 ways you could go with it and they would all be pretty damn 'beta-testish' since this is the only game with this kind of system...

Maybe you should just chill in Luna... I think everyone would be better off.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget that there are some "non-violent" methods of dealing with faction interlopers, e.g., paying attention to election cycles and who gets voted in as CL, setting the tithing rate to 100%, dropping all horse breeders, maxing out vendor prices, etc. You won't always be successful making the faction less attractive to certain people, but if you play your cards right, you may sometimes make them think twice about whether it's really worth the trouble to grief you within the same faction or if they're better off fighting you as an enemy.

(Note: Typed this before seeing Cardell's edits...the above isn't directed at Cardell.)

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget that there are some "non-violent" methods of dealing with faction interlopers, e.g., paying attention to election cycles and who gets voted in as CL, setting the tithing rate to 100%, dropping all horse breeders, maxing out vendor prices, etc. You won't always be successful making the faction less attractive to certain people, but if you play your cards right, you may sometimes make them think twice about whether it's really worth the trouble to grief you within the same faction or if they're better off fighting you as an enemy.

(Note: Typed this before seeing Cardell's edits...the above isn't directed at Cardell.)
Yes,, these are excellent ways to grief ppl. :)

I knew Tina was evil... KNEW IT!

:heart: :heart:

Z

Zyon Rockler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qSlDZ27BAY&feature=related

First off let me just say, you're wrong. In what nation, army or kingdom is there no penalty for murder? Can you answer that? Crimes like this are punishable by death and those who wish to conspire face the same.

If someone kills you they should face the same law no matter what guild, alliance or faction they are in. There is nothing more to it. If you wish to kill, it is your choice but you will be punished for it. Fact, people join guilds just to kill the weak and uninsured. What right do they have to use one rule set to get around another so they can abuse it over and over without penalty?

You need to stand up and do what's right. No more hiding behind a screen and taking advantage of the rules and the weak, simply because you can. What does that say about a person?

If you kill or steal, there must be a penalty because you are breaking the law. What more does one need to know?

No one is telling you that you can't keep doing whatever it is you do now. The only change would be that you would be held accountable for your actions. Why do people fear this? Why are they afraid, just so that they can continue to make bad decisions?

Then, I suggest we change and grow and do what is right and join the Righteous. This is not a 2 way street. If you kill someone then you pay the price, not say Oh that was my guildmate, my brother, therefore it's ok, he doesn't like the game anyway.

You asked about my experience, what experience do I have? I started playing long ago and was showed the game by the best. I was in The Clan Of The Highland Knights, where we were brothers and sisters. The GM would not let me do all what I wanted to, with laws, rules, titles and changing to a much larger group. So, as Second In Command Of CHK, I left to start COS.

COS is older than 10 years. I have added thousands of members personally and I know what guild pks do. They like killing smiths and people away from keyboard or men with nothing more than a robe. I have seen hundreds leave the game because they could not get past the types of people who promote the killing of the weak. This is the shame that is created and it disgusts me to no end.

People think that because you can kill, it gives you power, but against me you are powerless. History will show time and time again, that any system without law will fail. There must be penalty and responsibility. I ask that we all say these words a few times and really think about it.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

First off let me just say, you're wrong. In what nation, army or kingdom is there no penalty for murder? Can you answer that? Crimes like this are punishable by death and those who wish to conspire face the same.

If someone kills you they should face the same law no matter what guild, alliance or faction they are in. There is nothing more to it. If you wish to kill, it is your choice but you will be punished for it. Fact, people join guilds just to kill the weak and uninsured. What right do they have to use one rule set to get around another so they can abuse it over and over without penalty?

You need to stand up and do what's right. No more hiding behind a screen and taking advantage of the rules and the weak, simply because you can. What does that say about a person?

If you kill or steal, there must be a penalty because you are breaking the law. What more does one need to know?

No one is telling you that you can't keep doing whatever it is you do now. The only change would be that you would be held accountable for your actions. Why do people fear this? Why are they afraid, just so that they can continue to make bad decisions?

Then, I suggest we change and grow and do what is right and join the Righteous. This is not a 2 way street. If you kill someone then you pay the price, not say Oh that was my guildmate, my brother, therefore it's ok, he doesn't like the game anyway.

You asked about my experience, what experience do I have? I started playing long ago and was showed the game by the best. I was in The Clan Of The Highland Knights, where we were brothers and sisters. The GM would not let me do all what I wanted to, with laws, rules, titles and changing to a much larger group. So, as Second In Command Of CHK, I left to start COS.

COS is older than 10 years. I have added thousands of members personally and I know what guild pks do. They like killing smiths and people away from keyboard or men with nothing more than a robe. I have seen hundreds leave the game because they could not get past the types of people who promote the killing of the weak. This is the shame that is created and it disgusts me to no end.

People think that because you can kill, it gives you power, but against me you are powerless. History will show time and time again, that any system without law will fail. There must be penalty and responsibility. I ask that we all say these words a few times and really think about it.
Zyon, we understand your point about penalty and responsibility. However, you haven't addressed the issues that often cause faction mates to murder each other.

For example, what do you do if someone infiltrates your faction and places all your traps in an inaccessible location or somewhere you can't find them without several hours of searching?

Or, say you're in TB and like to use the portcullis as part of your defense, someone infiltrates your faction and raises the portcullis at the most inopportune moments during a stronghold defense?

Or attacks but doesn't necessarily kill (i.e., harrasses) you and your friends while you're defending the stronghold or attacking another faction's stronghold?

Or steals key sigils but never places them in the stronghold, uses exploits to "black hole" them, or spends days bouncing them to a thief they have in another faction so that you have cannot ever corrupt the sigils?

What is your solution for these and other examples of someone infiltrating a faction solely for the purpose of causing trouble for your faction? What do you do when they have come right out and told you who they are so you're pretty darn sure you're dealing with someone that already belongs to an enemy faction? Minus the possibility of them using some sort of exploit (e.g., blackholing sigils or putting characters from the same account into different factions on the same shard), they aren't doing anything that isn't permitted under the ToS. So how do you make the griefing stop or at least put a damper on it?

Z

Zyon Rockler

Tina, I will try to answer some of your questions but first just let me state that I believe griefing the smaller issues are mainly caused by allowing the larger ones. By making a statement it's not ok to begin with then people will change. To me, it's like a griefing spiral that starts small and works up to a main goal. So, by removing that goal they no longer have an interest in doing the smaller things because it becomes so foolish and almost funny, so you start with the big things, like killing and stealing.

To me words are like numbers and questions like math problems. Just by scanning the words I can see solutions. It's not always easy but in most cases it works well.

In your examples of what do you do?

If someone places all of your traps, to me this is an easy solution, remove the ability for traps to be placed randomly, like lockdowns or secures. Make a way to place the traps in selected spots of say like 50, like dark lines on the road or fire spouts on a wall. If the traps are not set in one of those spots in say 10 minutes they rubberband back. The account that was hiding them can't place set traps for set hours.

Make portcullis like an unlock where maybe 3 or 4 people must push a button rather than 1 who is just not doing it right.

I'm not sure what you mean. Oh, I got it, that's basic UO. If you steal, attack, An Ort other stuff you go grey. Once grey they can no longer flag people, now they basically become enemy faction for a period of time, so you would be able to defend yourself without penalty at any means you wish.

Alot of this is making a system so that people can not mess with it. Rubberband Sigils back. Have them poof on timer, then respawn where they were. Do not allow same account another try for set hours.

Allow for a voting system, account based, 1 vote per account. Allow people a chance to earn a way to stay in by paying silver or using rank as a way for them to remove votes against them.

And last of all, do not allow people to join more than 1 faction per account.

If you join TB, then your account becomes TB. I can't believe the system would even allow for such a tactic to be utilized. Please rebutal if necessary or ask more questions. My only interest is making factions playable.

Z

Zyon Rockler

The song is Children Of The Sun, that's my guild on Atlantic. The guild holds a prophecy that tells the end of our world. Our mages opened a portal into this world from another world that seem to be lost but had found everything on this world was identical and could see signs of these things happening again on this world.

The video kinda shows the worlds the people of the earth have entered or created since they started using computers and a battle between good and evil. :thumbup1:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

In what nation can you cast fireball? Plz... tell me I want to go there.

They aren't abusing rules by murdering, just like someone isn't abusing any rules by killing them in defense or revenge. It's a game, where ppl fight each other because its fun. Seriously dude... why the **** are you bringing irl into a fantasy mmo. Ppl aren't getting around any rules to pvp, they may take it too far by res killing and griefing. In this case all you can do is teach them a lesson, or give them more reasons to decide themselves not to. Harsh penalties for reds... im ALL for it... but not instant stat loss,, especially for killing someone who is griefing you and in the same faction as you. Thats lame as hell. Stop trying to change a pvp system to meet your carebear needs..

omg, I could finish repsonding to the rest of your post but its seriously all just too dumb to even argue against.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If someone places all of your traps, to me this is an easy solution, remove the ability for traps to be placed randomly, like lockdowns or secures. Make a way to place the traps in selected spots of say like 50, like dark lines on the road or fire spouts on a wall. If the traps are not set in one of those spots in say 10 minutes they rubberband back. The account that was hiding them can't place set traps for set hours.
There are already time limits on the placement/expiration of traps, which is one reason it's so aggravating when someone infiltrates the faction and places them where you don't want them to be! I'm not sure that coming up with specific locations where you can place traps helps at all because someone who wants to grief you would only have to put the traps in a spot that isn't helpful in a specific battle. At that point, those traps are just wasted and you are once again without the use of them until they expire in a set number of hours or at server maintenance.

Make portcullis like an unlock where maybe 3 or 4 people must push a button rather than 1 who is just not doing it right.
And exactly how does something like this help a small guild in a faction that is being griefed by a large guild in the same faction? If you want to run your defense with the portcullis open because the stupid thing can sometimes be nothing more than a death trap, then all the more numerous infiltrators would have to do is station their dudes to keep the buttons pushed to keep it down.

If you steal, attack, An Ort other stuff you go grey. Once grey they can no longer flag people, now they basically become enemy faction for a period of time, so you would be able to defend yourself without penalty at any means you wish.
Let me make sure I understand what you're saying. Player A attacks Player B in the same faction. Player A is now "orange" to Player B. If Player B manages to kill Player A while Player A is still "orange" to Player B, Player A endures 20 minutes of skill loss. In addition, Player B also collects kill points as if Player A had been a true enemy faction character.

If this is really what you're suggesting, then congratulations! You just eliminated most of the work some people have been going through to run up their point totals.

And even if you eliminate the part about collecting kill points in this situation, you'll always have someone who figures out a way to use an exploit to reverse the roles and fool the game into thinking Player B is the instigator and the one who will get thrown into skill loss.

Rubberband Sigils back. Have them poof on timer, then respawn where they were. Do not allow same account another try for set hours.
I hope you realize that sigils currently rubberband back to their last location if someone holds them too long.... And are you seriously suggesting that if a thief has trouble getting sigils into his or her own faction stronghold or returning them to town and they do the rubberbanding thing (like they do now) because it's taking too long, that the thief might as well just pack it up and wait to try again tomorrow? Sorry, but there's just no rhyme or reason to that. None at all. Again, if you're the little guys trying to break through against the big guys, all this kind of a rule does is pound you into the dust and say you're just too small and too ineffective to even try. So when the sigil bounces back to town or the stronghold, it's open season for the enemy to come along and take it because your thief is out of commission, and not just for 20 minutes!!!!!!!!

Allow for a voting system, account based, 1 vote per account.
This is what the current rule is!

Allow people a chance to earn a way to stay in by paying silver or using rank as a way for them to remove votes against them.
I really can't believe you're suggesting this because it's more than likely the case that the big guild in the faction is the one sitting on tons of silver and has the guys with the most rank. The little guys in the faction that they've been griefing/harrassing are unlikely to have been able to attain much rank or possibly earn silver.

And last of all, do not allow people to join more than 1 faction per account.

If you join TB, then your account becomes TB. I can't believe the system would even allow for such a tactic to be utilized. Please rebutal if necessary or ask more questions. My only interest is making factions playable.
Again, this is the current rule and things should work this way. However, there's an exploit that lets people get around it. So once again, how do you deal with people who are exploiting something like this and griefing the hell out of your group as a result? Do you just take the abuse or do you fight back?!!!!!! I say you fight back and kill the dudes because there's just no way that the current team is ever going to be able to find proper fixes for all these issues and the exploits. So yes, you take matters into your own hands and kill the interlopers and rinse and repeat, if you can stand it, until they give up and get out of the faction.

I'm sorry if this all sounds harsh and that you might be playing on a shard where the people sharing the faction with you are too numerous to stand up to. If that's the case and you can't or won't try a different faction or creating an alliance with other like-minded folks, perhaps consider moving your group to a smaller shard or making characters on a smaller shard and get your faction experience there.

Z

Zyon Rockler

If the traps are set in critical places that could not be avoided then there would be no wasted traps. Setting traps could even be randomized by the computer to fill in pre-selected areas but it would not matter because both sides would have the same chance of missing a trap, so they would not be worthless because some would still go off.

You're looking at this as the system is now. Your original question was how do you stop someone from lowering the gates at the wrong time. My reply, use 3 people. Now you ask a different question as opposed to 1 person closing the gates, now you say a large guild. If the gate is a problem then remove it. If it is worth the risks then keep it.

No, you don't understand this at all. Same faction, guild, alliance. Player A attacks Player B, Player A turns grey to everyone in the game because grey means they opted to break the law. This makes Player A vulnerable to attack without penalty. If Player A keeps attacking Player B and kills him then Player B can report them making them grey longer or possibly turning them red, thus, sending them into stat. Now Player B is standing there grey and weak, waiting to see what his peers will decide to do. Me, I would 1 whack em and tell him don't attack your own, LOL.

No, the Sig system is one of the worst ideas in factions. It should be more capture the flag or territory based. When you enter someone's territory you set off an alarm and either attack or defend. You don't have to worry about bugged objects.

But, yes, in this case, I see no other option unless the devs create a balance slide based on the number of people within the faction so smaller factions have more time. I mean first you complain people are holding it, then you complain that small groups can't hold it, you can't have it both ways.

The current system needs to be changed along with the rules. Right now it is the best rule that can be done for the current system. You would have to rewrite the whole system to work out all the bugs.

That's the whole point. If your in COM and you grief TB then you surely don't want to give TB the silver because you would be supporting your enemy, even though your acting a zerg spy, you still don't want to give your enemy silver. So, by them giving silver and showing rank they are proving their loyalty. If a good person is being kicked wrongfully then you can help them collect silver.

Like I said, this is a simple thing that can be added. I'm not asking that they redo the whole game, i'm just saying when you kill someone in any rule set you should have the chance to go red. If you steal from someone in any rule set you should go grey, making you vulnerable to the community.

Don't you think it's alittle ridiculous that if a BLUE kills a BLUE in Fel they can be flagged as a murderer. Don't you think it's strange that if a thief steals in town, he gets guard whacked but if he joins a guild, alliance or faction, he is above the law? So, the guards ignore crime and the kingdom has no law, so what is the point of making reds? Why not just give them a medal?

I think i'm pretty good at strategy and the best way to beat this enemy is by their own means. Why should I play by the rules if they don't? Now is the best time to act. You can chase a rabbit all day long but poison its' nest and its' family dies. You can't honestly think that fighting them will win anything at all. If you enjoy killing then screw factions, just use it as a tool so you can whack people all day long. Join a guild that works 10 hours a day to give UO something special and just kill them all until someone finally gets to the Emissary to kick you, but who cares by this time the damage will be done and if we wait a week, we can regain their trust and do it again because everyone knows a good guild has good, kind people who are just waiting to invite you in, by the way, this is sarcasm. Good Night.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't you think it's alittle ridiculous that if a blue kills a red in Fel they can be flagged as a murderer. Don't you think it's strange that if a thief steals in town, he gets guard whacked but if he joins a guild, alliance or faction, he is above the law? So, the guards ignore crime and the kingdom has no law, so what is the point of making reds? Why not just give them a medal?

I think i'm pretty good at strategy and the best way to beat this enemy is by their own means. Why should I play by the rules if they don't? Now is the best time to act. You can chase a rabbit all day long but poison its' nest and its' family dies. You can't honestly think that fighting them will win anything at all. If you enjoy killing then screw factions, just use it as a tool so you can whack people all day long. Join a guild that works 10 hours a day to give UO something special and just kill them all until someone finally gets to the Emissary to kick you, but who cares by this time the damage will be done and if we wait a week, we can regain their trust and do it again because everyone knows a good guild has good, kind people who are just waiting to invite you in, by the way, this is sarcasm. Good Night.
First things first.. The thief cannot steal from blues in guard zones.... he 'steals' the sig but it is not a crime to do so.. its part of the game... for **** sake..

Second... a blue can kill/attack a red under any circumstances and they will never be either flagged as a criminal or a murderer. A red can only kill blues outside of guard zones. Have you ever been to ****ing fel? You obviously don't know wtf you are talking about.

You're obviously not good at strategy. You are arguing about a system that you have absolutely no idea how it works..

You beat the enemy by their own means huh?... really? so why is going red off griefers different...

lol... wtf are u on these forums for. You don't like factions and you are trying to turn them into dumb ****.

Why don't you just go to UO Hall and bother ppl there.. ask the devs for a sissy version of factions....

Dude,, seriously I need a '******-to-english' translator if I'm going to continue correcting you..

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude,, seriously I need a '******-to-english' translator if I'm going to continue correcting you..
Lmao.

Honestly, I wouldn't even waste my time with him anymore. I can't even bring myself to read his responses, they're so ****ing stupid.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Chill my faction friends... Let's not get threads locked due to personal attacks.

Z

Zyon Rockler

If the traps are set in critical places that could not be avoided then there would be no wasted traps. Setting traps could even be randomized by the computer to fill in pre-selected areas but it would not matter because both sides would have the same chance of missing a trap, so they would not be worthless because some would still go off.

You're looking at this as the system is now. Your original question was how do you stop someone from lowering the gates at the wrong time. My reply, use 3 people. Now you ask a different question as opposed to 1 person closing the gates, now you say a large guild. If the gate is a problem then remove it. If it is worth the risks then keep it.

No, you don't understand this at all. Same faction, guild, alliance. Player A attacks Player B, Player A turns grey to everyone in the game because grey means they opted to break the law. This makes Player A vulnerable to attack without penalty. If Player A keeps attacking Player B and kills him then Player B can report them making them grey longer or possibly turning them red, thus, sending them into stat. Now Player B is standing there grey and weak, waiting to see what his peers will decide to do. Me, I would 1 whack em and tell him don't attack your own, LOL.

No, the Sig system is one of the worst ideas in factions. It should be more capture the flag or territory based. When you enter someone's territory you set off an alarm and either attack or defend. You don't have to worry about bugged objects.

But, yes, in this case, I see no other option unless the devs create a balance slide based on the number of people within the faction so smaller factions have more time. I mean first you complain people are holding it, then you complain that small groups can't hold it, you can't have it both ways.

The current system needs to be changed along with the rules. Right now it is the best rule that can be done for the current system. You would have to rewrite the whole system to work out all the bugs.

That's the whole point. If your in COM and you grief TB then you surely don't want to give TB the silver because you would be supporting your enemy, even though your acting a zerg spy, you still don't want to give your enemy silver. So, by them giving silver and showing rank they are proving their loyalty. If a good person is being kicked wrongfully then you can help them collect silver.

Like I said, this is a simple thing that can be added. I'm not asking that they redo the whole game, i'm just saying when you kill someone in any rule set you should have the chance to go red. If you steal from someone in any rule set you should go grey, making you vulnerable to the community.

Don't you think it's alittle ridiculous that if a BLUE kills a BLUE in Fel they can be flagged as a murderer. Don't you think it's strange that if a thief steals in town, he gets guard whacked but if he joins a guild, alliance or faction, he is above the law? So, the guards ignore crime and the kingdom has no law, so what is the point of making reds? Why not just give them a medal?

:thumbup1:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Anthius what the heck is that suppose to mean? Reminds me of a pig calling contest, LOL!
lol

You've been to a pig calling contest before?
and lol

Arabella, its supposed to be deep breathing.. Like I'm trying to calm myself down. Talking to people who speak another language is easily the hardest thing on the planet to do with out losing a bit of your sanity.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anthius. Ok :) I try that and mediation but sometimes it is just best to BREAK something!

M

MichelNOTmichael

COS of atlantic... I better write that down. Sounds like a fun guild to join, then stalk/steal from; kill afk... Any bored griefers out there? As far as any of his actual opinions are concerned... *giggles* Your opinions are so far from mainstream that none will ever possibly be considered. They are also flawed entirely, and you truely have no buisness expressing them. But do keep them comming. Priceless entertainment. :popcorn:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anthius. Ok :) I try that and mediation but sometimes it is just best to BREAK something!
Yeah but I cant do that anymore. The only thing that I can break in front of me is my keyboards and they are both expensive. So **** that. I'll have to rely on my breathing for now. :)

Z

Zyon Rockler

That's a great idea, kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Join COS and when they go to defend the TB faction stronghold all you have to do is wait 'til we get low on life and stab us in the back.

You guys are just a bunch of sit down comedians.

The times have changed. COS is no longer a large, active guild, with hundreds of new players. Now, we are just a few old friends and family, so there are no young players to worry about, so all are welcome to join if they want to.