• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey Folks... just an FYI.

B

Black magick

That sucks man, I'm guessing since you are out of the building there was quite a bit of damage. :/

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, having reviewed your infraction record I believe I would find it very difficult to reduce the total as a result of your comment. :lol:

C

Calibretto

My house caught fire this morning. Electrical fire in the attic. I am fine and two of the three cats are accounted for and doing well. I will be absent from these forums for a bit as the house is inhabitable.

*sighs* I am too old to be homeless.

I will update as I can. Do me a favor and behave for a few days, OK?
Best wishes to you and your family Kelmo.

L

Llwyd

Guess I'm in the wrong forum since I'm not on Seige... yet. But please accept the well wishes coming your way from this direction.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad you and the Kitties are okay!! What did I tell you about casting lightning strikes in the house?!? It's all fun and games until the house catches fire! In all seriousness, I can't imagine what you are going through. I hope our jokes are making you laugh and not upset!!

Take some time to take care of things and don't worry about us. We'll play nicely for a little while! :lol: If not, petra will just :twak: us.

P.S.- did the sheep survive? :p

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* I can not posibly be upset. I realize how lucky I am. Well, the sun is up and it is almost 20 degrees F outside... about time to get back to work.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess I'm in the wrong forum since I'm not on Seige... yet. But please accept the well wishes coming your way from this direction.
I see ya, you 'pking grampa', from UO Hall. :) :grouphug:

Nah ya do not have to play Siege to post here, & besides you know Kelmo from other Stratics forums anyways. He sort of is a well known icon, on all these Stratics forums. Nice of ye to stop on over here to wish him well.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelmo, hubby says if ya need ya can even stay here. . with some restrictions ... if ya cheer for the Cowboys 'here' he might feel he has to hit ya over the head with a 5th of Jack Daniels ! Other than that ...ye be welcome.

:)

T

Tazar

*chuckles* I can not posibly be upset. I realize how lucky I am. Well, the sun is up and it is almost 20 degrees F outside... about time to get back to work.
Good Morning my friend. I am truly sorry to hear what you are going through - but keep looking up - after this, 2010 has to be better! I'm here if you need anything.

Hope the motels near there take pets! :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelmo, ya know how sometimes I toss ya a youtube song on really messy moderating days for ya to lighten you mood ?

Well none of those are appropo, rl is a cruel taskmaster.

As humanbeings we each have 7-8 psychological stages to go thru,

to get through those worst hands dealt to some of us.

Shock/denial/why me stage/anger/frustration/grieving etc. till we get to
acceptance and can overcome it all.

Here are a couple of 70s classics for ya RL YOU...

the first song is for those early stages...

& the last classic is for your final stage [which ya may not feel for months yet] but I will pray that ya get there.

[youtube]HaVXfHZv50Y[/youtube]

[youtube]kBxpKHyJe-Q[/youtube]

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the heck?! I just get moved into a new home after a fire and now Kelmo's house is on fire? We may have to stop flamestriking in the house!:D

I know this sucks, way more than you ever imagined it would, but look for the blessings. One can always purchase new things and there are other places to live, but your life and those of loved ones and pets cannot be replaced. I'm sooo happy to hear you're okay and that kitty #3 has been found safe. Hang in there! *Hugs*
This is why I am not using the "F" word in this thread.

Kelmo my friend, if you need anything, let me know. Kat is close to you and I think we could get things to you through her.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* Busy day... I filled one and a quarter dumpsters with ruined stuff and debris. (some few beer cans as well). Everything worth moving is packed. A friend is offering storage space, so it gets moved tomorrow after work.

Now I just have to find a place to live... Maybe I will just live here at the Best Western...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Maybe not here, breakfast at this motel sucks.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All 3 cats safe YEA!!

Your things not so much.....I also would be very glad to be blessed with you this holiday season ( Pity I am in WA ) . I am just very glad you are fine and you found your kitties. Let me know if I can be of any help.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
All 3 cats safe YEA!!

Your things not so much.....I also would be very glad to be blessed with you this holiday season ( Pity I am in WA ) . I am just very glad you are fine and you found your kitties. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Just be cheerful my darling. We all lived on my side. Continue to brighten my day. Just know I realize how lucky I am. Stuff is stuff. Hell I have better pixels than stuff.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I spent all day today going through the stuff. some was worth saving.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yikes... sorry to hear it man. Hope everything works out ok.

I

insanepete

Thats awful to hear, glad your kitties are ok! Hope that however crappy things are now that in the new year they turn around to be a million times better :D Pretty sure all of siege is thinking of you.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it awful to wonder, once knowing everyone is safe, if the new computer you just bought made it through?

S

Sweeney

Is it awful to wonder, once knowing everyone is safe, if the new computer you just bought made it through?
Hmm....

For one thing, if he didn't have homeowners/renters insurance I'm sure he has other more pressing matters. And if he does then it can easily be replaced.

Reminds me of a boss that "sympathizes" with a person while nagging them about when they can get back to work.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, you read me wrong. He spent a good while getting it set up, I wouldn't like to think he'd lost it.

Also, if he's anything like me, a computer these days is a fairly important item, being the means by which I communicate with most of the people that matter to me outside of family.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* All of my "hardware" is fine. I lost a lot of clothing. We will see about the furniture and other soft stuff. I think it will clean up OK.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poo just told me the news, Kelmo. I was in absolute shock. I'm glad to find out you and the cats are fine. It's good to hear that you have family and friends there to help you through the situation. Not sure I can do much to help from up here in Colorado, but if there's anything I can do, please give me a shout.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, you read me wrong. He spent a good while getting it set up, I wouldn't like to think he'd lost it.

Also, if he's anything like me, a computer these days is a fairly important item, being the means by which I communicate with most of the people that matter to me outside of family.
Yup, he posted about it quite a bit, so it was obviously a much anticipated item for him. He was also quite excited when he got the initial glitches shaken out and started using it for gaming. After concern for kitty was satisfied, I also was wondering if the new comp made it through the fire...I had made this for him a while back when he posted the pics of the new one next to his old one. Glad to hear the beast made it.

-Skylark

S

Salya Sin

WOW! I'm so sorry to hear about your house... but thrilled that you and your babies made it out.

Just to help... if you are cleaning smoke and soot... use white vinegar.. it will take the smell out. In laundry... shake out as much of the soot and debris as you can... fill your washing machine, add one cup of white vinegar and let it soak for at least 30 min... then wash as normal. IF it is REALLY bad... repeat. You can also use baking soda to clean surfaces (make a paste) and in your washing machine... it does wonders for lingering smoke smells.

I hope you find a place that you can be comfortable in before the holidays... take care of yourself!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Some of the clothes were salvageable. I can finally change! Had to change motels though. The place Red Cross set me up at had no weekly rate and was too expensive. I am settled at a new motel for a week at least.

I am warm. I have a place to take care of business from. Friends have offered spare rooms and couches, but the older you get the more peculiar you get. (me any way).

I am networking with friends and some agencies... something should come up soon. *hopes*

If any one is wondering about me posting here... I cling to this little bit of normalcy. I cherish you all, friends, acquaintances and enemies alike.

Oh yeah... Happy holidays.

P

Pazuzu

Oh holy crap, I completely forgot about this thread, and you've been so helpful in my n00b-ness thread, and I wonder HOW you do it? Heh. If my house caught fire, I'd be on the warpath... :D

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am glad you and your cats are save and healthy and that you could save your computer.
i hope you can sort out things soon.
i would offer you a room here at my flat but i think salzburg is a bit to far away for you.
*ponders what my two cats would say about 3 guest cats*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hey Kelmo, just an FYI....

It's been a few days. We're free!

*proceeds to wreak havoc*
Has it? *sighs* Carry on then. Siege forum waits for no one.