• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hey Folks... just an FYI.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
My house caught fire this morning. Electrical fire in the attic. I am fine and two of the three cats are accounted for and doing well. I will be absent from these forums for a bit as the house is inhabitable.

*sighs* I am too old to be homeless.

I will update as I can. Do me a favor and behave for a few days, OK?

T

Triessa Softstep

My house caught fire this morning. Electrical fire in the attic. I am fine and two of the three cats are accounted for and doing well. I will be absent from these forums for a bit as the house is inhabitable.

*sighs* I am too old to be homeless.

I will update as I can. Do me a favor and behave for a few days, OK?
Sorry to hear about your troubles...:(

Keep your head up, it gets greater later...

S

Sweeney

When my house burned down the Salvation Army got us a week's free motel stay.

Hope your insurance is up to snuff.. my mom had $25k in insurance (not counting the house), but that didn't cover half of what we lost.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Pftt! Insurance is for trammies...

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Pftt! Insurance is for trammies...
Keep thinking about us talking the other day about my probs and you said to smile and live cause at least I had a roof over my head.

Aislin*SP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck with the repairs, Kelmo. Hope you track down your last kitty! Hope to see you back soon.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh ****...
Glad you are OK, at least.
Keep me posted *hugs*

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ack! :(

You will be in my prayers Kelmo...glad to hear you are OK. I hope the damage is easily repaired and that kitty #3 turns up safe and sound as well.

-Skylark

E

Essence of Siege

Wowsers!

Hope everything irons itself out smoothly Kelmo, I can't imagine and hope I never have to experience a home fire.

Good luck!

PS - Barnes and Noble/Borders/Coffe Shops have free wireless hotspots and buy yourself an eee PC for early christmas, it'll play UO no problem. :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am holed up at the kid's house for now. Looking for some sort of temp shelter... I really can't stay here as there is no room... This sucks. I am gonna go look for my cat again.

Bear with me as I vent... Oh yeah. It is freezing here. :rant2:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will hope ya do have that trammie thing, called home owners insurance. :)

I guess if one was to have to get stuck having a house fire though, horrid as those are, Dec. is probably a better time simply cuz folks and organisations are lots more giving this time of year.

Don't forget those be it food or whatevers, there are all out there to help, be it the Salvation Army, churches, organisations, etc. etc. CALL EM ! Use a pay phone if ya have to. . beats starvin or freezin to death ! :)

I hope ya find kittenz #3.

Next time ya build a farm, do not let ye horse or kittenz, kick over ye lantern !!

Take care and call organisations etc. etc., if ya need some food or help or whatever, cuz they are all out there, to help when rl disaters or hells, hit us or our homes etc.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank God you're safe. Stay in touch as and when you can, we'll be thinking of you.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just keep these yahoos in line, boss. I am fine. Likely living in a motel for a bit.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Glad you are safe, hope you find a nice temp place for you and your cats.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeh and having worked several yrs. as a night auditor deskclerk at Comfort Inn and Suites, CHECK AROUND ! If ya do have homeowners insurance which covers motel stays when homes get a fire, many of the Comfort Inns etc. will give special rates monthly weekly working quite well with folks' insurance when they find their home is inhabitable !

I am sure other places may offer the same *rather than pricery nightly rates* whereas weekly rate or longer for guests, due to home fire saves you and insurance some rl gp when the hotel motel co operates and some do !

Go stay at one that co operates with insurance and at least serves a decent warm continental breakfast, rather than stale bagels every morning ! :)

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Bear with me as I vent... Oh yeah. It is freezing here. :rant2:
He's venting, so he is ok. Likely the shock will wear off soon tho. Its when he is quiet ya got to worry. *wink*

S

Shalimar/Cleo

I gave my ex-hubby a spare room for a month after he'd had a flood at his house. He was fine till he remembered I couldn't cook heh, so he wanted to eat out a lot. I insisted he have what I slaved all day cooking, he won't be telling me if he has a flood again.

Glad you're alright Kelmo, hope you find the other cat is safe and well.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You know...Righty invaded my new abode early this morning. Are you sure it wasn't caused by fireball?

E

Elmer Fudd

I cant Kill you now.....tis the season...that sucks kelmo, hope all the details work out and if you need anything at all, PM me and my family and I would be more then willing to pitch in for an added night at a hotel room and Dinner stuff like that...

dont want to see you in straights, we cant do a ton, be we can do something if you need

Rob and Michele

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

I cant Kill you now.....tis the season...that sucks kelmo, hope all the details work out and if you need anything at all, PM me and my family and I would be more then willing to pitch in for an added night at a hotel room and Dinner stuff like that...

dont want to see you in straights, we cant do a ton, be we can do something if you need

Rob and Michele
I think this just made my whole holiday season. *nod*

enigma eb2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a shame Kelmo and I am sorry to hear......

but my evil side is singing " The roof the roof the roof is on FIRE " and I cant tell the voices to stop this time.

I hope the stuffed sheep made it :heart:

enigma eb2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elmer??????

Man whats with that picture buddy, isn't the very next scene the 2 guys smoking in bed together as part of an after school special about secret man love...... I ALWAYS knew you had a man crush on Kelmo.

But then again who doesn't.......

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very sorry indeed. Prayers will be said for you and the situation. Keep us posted please; have you found kitty #3?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Thank you all for the well wishes. I am fine and I finally found scaredy cat under the dish washer of all things. I took the Red Cross' offer of three days in a decent motel to have some time to figure out my next move.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hooray at finding kitty #3 safe! And hooray for Red Cross!

-Skylark

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much damage is there? Was it a big fire? or mostly smoke and water damage? If you where closer I would help you swing a hammer.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sad to hear what happened but glad that you are OK.

Hope things will go as smooth as possible. Keep us updated on the situation.

:hug: <--- Man hug...

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the heck?! I just get moved into a new home after a fire and now Kelmo's house is on fire? We may have to stop flamestriking in the house!:D

I know this sucks, way more than you ever imagined it would, but look for the blessings. One can always purchase new things and there are other places to live, but your life and those of loved ones and pets cannot be replaced. I'm sooo happy to hear you're okay and that kitty #3 has been found safe. Hang in there! *Hugs*

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Kelmo look at the positive side you still have internet access apparently so things aren't all that bad

LOL jk i hope you alright

B

Blindside

Hey Kelmo look at the positive side you still have internet access apparently so things aren't all that bad

LOL jk i hope you alright
weird exactly what i was thinking...if a fire ravaged my home would i be posting on stratics for comfort? hmm *deep thinking*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* I hope you never have to find out.

S

Sweeney

Kelmo.. get everything nice out of your house.

My mom was in shock and wouldn't take us back to the house for a few days. By that time the looters grabbed a lot of nice stuff.. my great-grandpa's coin collection among them.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I got every valuable I could carry out. Tomorrow I move the furniture.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Funny... My ex wife told me I was in shock. I think I was more pissed at all of those strangers tromping through my house than at the fire. I am an odd duck and a bit of a recluse.

Yeah, my ex and my kids got me through this day.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelmo was on the front steps trying to ban the fireman

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* No. They banned me. I wanted to find my cats...

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Funny... My ex wife told me I was in shock. I think I was more pissed at all of those strangers tromping through my house than at the fire. I am an odd duck and a bit of a recluse.

S

shadowdame

hey Kelmo, hope that 3rd cat turns up... may the sun be on your shoulders, the wind be always on your back, and you whiskey bottle ever full... ShadowSpawn.

F

Five Moons

I am fine and I finally found scaredy cat under the dish washer of all things.
So the cat was under you all that time.. heh ;)

Seriously, though... best wishes for your home recovery in the shortest time possible, with a minimum of BS in the interim.

F

five oclock

Dang Kelmo Im sorry to hear about tis. I do wish you back on your feet in no time.

Ill keep a bottle of Scotch on hand for when ya find your new home..

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow man sorry to hear it . glad you got out with whats important, your lives . sounds like the dishwasher cat might have used a self res tho. whats he got 8 more to go ?

boy i remember when my old place burnt . we spent 2 weeks washing the soot out of what we salvaged . oh god... the laundry rolleyes:

im sure youll miss some stuff , but its just stuff and you might be suprised what you find . we found a couple stacks of my old D&D papers and books intact under a bed.

hang in there and save what you can .

H

HaHa

Its good that you and the rest of the household made it ok. Like Hattori said if ya need a fill in mod for a few days lemme know. Ill refrain from the booze till you advise your back up and at 100% banning power.

At times like this is when ive been most impressed with the Siege community. When one player has a stroke of bad luck, in game or out, we can all come together and wish an enemy or a friend the best of luck and the best of wishes.

P.S. Does the comment I just made in anyway count off of my points that ive accumulated?