Harassment, ToT Event and The ROC/TOS

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Most of you know me and the type of person I am. I,ve read what you all said and thank you all for your opinions. The problem is things did not happen the way the story was told. Let me explain.

You yourself admit you left the spawn. I showed up and my dragon went to work. You were not at the spawn so when you came back you stole my spawn. You were the rude one that came back and said it was your spawn.You also threatened me with the old "ill call a gm". I said go ahead ill wait here for him. I even stabled my dragon and waited attacking nothing. Yes I waited not attacking for well over an hour for the gm to show. I would ask once in a while where we were in the Que. Then hide and wait. Is this harrassment? Also i was the one and only Guild member there except for another of my charactor who stopped by to drop off regs and food for my stabled pet.

Ok so you admit you called in your friends to harrass me at my spawn. Where i wasnt even fighting? Just waiting for the GM to sort this out.
You left the part out where you told me the GM said he would look into in an automated response. You left out I then left you with the spawn for many hours not returning. You left out the part when many hours passed I returned to see if the spawn was empty and you then verbally harrased me. Thats when I started casting EVs. Me alone One charactor. No guildies as you put it.

I never cussed at you and i never called you names. I did however accuse you of jumping my spawn.

I apologize to my Guild if this has caused them any trouble or grief.
Hmm, considering how Jirel verbally insulted everyone for disagreeing with her I'm not surprised she totally twisted the story to make her look like a victim. Not to mention how possessive she acts in believing she can actually own a spawn.

Sucks you had to experience that whole thing Bullet.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
Wow, Bullet. I'm sorry you got dragged through the mud like that. Thanks for coming on here to set it straight.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Most of you know me and the type of person I am. I,ve read what you all said and thank you all for your opinions. The problem is things did not happen the way the story was told. Let me explain.

You yourself admit you left the spawn. I showed up and my dragon went to work. You were not at the spawn so when you came back you stole my spawn. You were the rude one that came back and said it was your spawn.You also threatened me with the old "ill call a gm". I said go ahead ill wait here for him. I even stabled my dragon and waited attacking nothing. Yes I waited not attacking for well over an hour for the gm to show. I would ask once in a while where we were in the Que. Then hide and wait. Is this harrassment? Also i was the one and only Guild member there except for another of my charactor who stopped by to drop off regs and food for my stabled pet.

Ok so you admit you called in your friends to harrass me at my spawn. Where i wasnt even fighting? Just waiting for the GM to sort this out.
You left the part out where you told me the GM said he would look into in an automated response. You left out I then left you with the spawn for many hours not returning. You left out the part when many hours passed I returned to see if the spawn was empty and you then verbally harrased me. Thats when I started casting EVs. Me alone One charactor. No guildies as you put it.

I never cussed at you and i never called you names. I did however accuse you of jumping my spawn.

I apologize to my Guild if this has caused them any trouble or grief.

I'm not surprised it went down that way, bullet, sorry you had to endure that.

I think we've all seen just how manipulative and c*nty the OP can be. It makes me sad.

May you gain many memphos in peace friend, you deserve it!

M

MuffinBear

Speaking of the ignore feature....

Several years ago I was messing around on Siege Perilous as a newbie character when some red was killing me and ress killing me.

Basically I would ress and he would chase me for several screens trying to kill me even though I didn't have anything on me so I was running away from him yelling things like "HELP ME THIS GAY RED PK IS CHASING ME" and "AAAHHH THIS GAY PK IS TRYING TO KILL ME AHHH!!!!!"

While he is chasing me hes saying stuff like "stfu no im not"

Anyways I all of a sudden get teleported to jail and some female GM is there who starts pushing abunch of macro buttons to bring up pre recorded paragraphs trying to say that I was harassing him.

So I said....

1. he was chasing me around and following me around even when I was trying to get away from him.

and

2. there is the ignore feature he could of used if he really didn't want to see what I was typing.

She basically said (by using the pre recorded macro buttons) that it didn't matter and that I don't have the right to insult someone even if they have me on ignore and then with even more pre recorded paragraphs explained that my account was going to be temporarily banned.

So I guess the moral of the story is that GMs make up their own rules on the spot or something like that.

B

Beauregardchick

i must say i cant help but laugh at this whole thing. no one owns the spawn =D theres a good feature called ignore =D and if it upsets you this much then maby its not healthy. its just a game and you will run into people that are rude *blah blah blah*

C

Cloak&Dagger

"HELP ME THIS GAY RED PK IS CHASING ME" and "AAAHHH THIS GAY PK IS TRYING TO KILL ME AHHH!!!!!"

So I guess the moral of the story is that GMs make up their own rules on the spot or something like that.
Saying "gay" is one of those phrases that gets you in trouble in game. =\

And everyone knows pages are on a "case to case" basis, so yea they do just make it up as they go.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 17, 2009
You were not at the spawn so when you came back you stole my spawn.
Good God ... youre as bad as the OP.

ITS....NOT...YOUR...SPAWN!

What part of that dont either of you get?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.

I wouldn't say as bad as the OP. The OP is rude and severally possessive who screams at people who "steal" "her" spawn. :p
And the fact she actually paged because of it makes it even worse. (But a lot more hilarious) lol

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
I agree its no ones spawn, but it is courteous to sort of yield the right of way to the person who was there and either ask to take turns or find another spot.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Jirel won't be back. This is how she posts.

She'll make a crazy-as-balls thread, reply once or twice, then disappear. Then come back a few months later with another.

She's certifiably insane.

P

Parson

Cloak‡1304307 said:

The person that said "gay" may be referring to how happy that red was at the time! lol

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
Jirel won't be back. This is how she posts.

She'll make a crazy-as-balls thread, reply once or twice, then disappear. Then come back a few months later with another.

She's certifiably insane.
Well now I know to avoid her threads...or only read them for entertainment :p

C

Cloak&Dagger

Cloak‡1304307 said:

The person that said "gay" may be referring to how happy that red was at the time! lol
Lol, true. Not sure if you would be able to pull that off as an argument tho when you get pulled by the GMs :p

B

Bullet

You were not at the spawn so when you came back you stole my spawn.

I know its not my spawn but i was just trying to show that if we all thought the way she did then it would have been my spawn. I never claim a spawn as mine in fact if another arrives they are welcome to join. I also many times have had others show up and ill say "Hey ive been here awile want to take over?" If they do i move on to other intrests.

MisPrinted_Lies

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 27, 2009
Atlantic
People seem to forget they are playing an online multiplayer game and they own nothing in a multiplayer game. If you cant deal with it, maybe, online multiplayer games arent for you.

B

Bullet

People seem to forget they are playing an online multiplayer game and they own nothing in a multiplayer game. If you cant deal with it, maybe, online multiplayer games arent for you.
OMG, I should have realized this before i started playing 10 years ago!!! and yes im only kidding.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
I'm so angry about this I'm seriously considering a lawsuit against EAMythic for condoning and allowing blatant harassment in Ultima Online I invite anyone else who feels the same way to join me. FYI it only take 3 people to become a class action lawsuit.
I do not cheat, unattended macro, dupe or any of the other reprehensibles things that go on yet I'm treated like a second class citizen. WHY!?!?
I would love a Dev Member or anyone from EAMythiv to explain to me, why they treat a honest paying customer like dog feces!
I'm sorry but I'm upset and I'd like to see the rules enforced.
Aren't you also the person who posted the ludicrous story about losing an ethreal mount and paging a GM in order to find it?
You're expecting way too much from the GM's, first of all. If you page over and over again for things that don't get picked up the first or second time, that usually means YOU are in the wrong and the people who are enforcing the rules are NOT in the wrong. Second of all, the other player in this story has coem forth and said this wasn't how it went at all. So what say you now?
Oh, and lastly, you don't own a spawn. No one does. You can't hand off a spawn.

T

TheGrayGhost

Alright, to start the way you presented this seems to be.

1) You left the spawn
2) when you came back someone was there
3) You told the person it was your spawn and asked them to leave.
4) They did not, you then became the aggressor by calling in guild mates and trying to force him out.
5) He in turn showed you the same courtesy with his guild mates.

What you seemed to have missed here is as far as the person was concerned the spawn was unoccupied. They apparently did not know you and had no reason to believe you when you made a claim that it was your spawn. You also seemed to miss the fact that no one may lay claim to a spawn. Instead of accepting the fact that YOU made a mistake by leaving the spawn before you were ready to do so giving others the impression that it was unoccupied, you then acted like an arse by trying to run them off with your guilds help.

No worries, if thats the type of person you that's just the way it is. What does get me though is that you seemed surprised and upset that they returned the favor and were upset at the childishness that you started. Both parties were in the wrong because neither seemed to take a moment to think things through and handle the situation maturely, what I want to point out though is that the first wrong was indeed yours and you brought the whole situation on to yourself.

This is just what I've managed to discern from how you presented the situation.

Hope this helps.