• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Harassment, ToT Event and The ROC/TOS

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I haven't got to participate in the ToT Event because I have a LIFE and A REAL JOB!

So today I jump into game and I started out hunting Lesser Ryus then a Guildie asked who wants my Orc spot in the wastes.

I said I did, and hurried over there. He handed the spot off to me , then 15 minutes later all BLOODY HELL breaks loose.

Its started with a unnamed jerk from FSB guild comes over trys to jump my spawn. I had been killing Orcs when the spawn stopped I saw what looked like a Orc name on the water so I check it out, I was gone less than a minute And the jerk showed up and tried to take my spot. I told him nicely I was there first and the spawn had stopped And I thought there was Orc stuck on the water. He became exetremely rude. I asked him three times to please stop I paged on him and the useless crap EAMythic call in game customer service wouldn't help me.

I used Alliance chat to call out to my Guildies and Allies0 to help me. Thanks to Luc, Orc Queen and few other we were able to run off the obnoxious person. However from 1:30pm until 8:30pm I was continually harassed by this guy's Guildmates and buddies. Then at about 8:30 pm the jerk and two of his mage friends show up accusing me of stealing the spawn from him. I put out a call again to my guildies and Allies but only one at the moment was my sister. She shows up and we try to hold my spot But we can't fight against 6 EVs.

The whole time the jerks are cussing, name calling me names and accusing ME of spawn jumping.

I paged a GM and they saidt he stuff they did was legal? WTH?

Let review the ROC shall we?

It says
1) You may not victimize, harass, threaten, or cause another player unwanted distress or discomfort, as determined by Support Staff.

2) You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language, graphic descriptions, or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals).

3) You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player.

Okay They violated all of those but yet the GM say its "LEGAL" WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?

The UO Harassment policy states:
What IS considered harassment?

Harassment consists of flagrant misuse and abuse of game mechanics with the intention of distressing and offending other players. So what's a game mechanic? Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. The ability to create macros with large amounts of text is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent". What was the person trying to achieve through their actions? Were they purposefully trying to disrupt someone else's game? While an action may cause others distress, it is not considered harassment until it is determined by OSI/EA that it was done to intentionally cause distress or to offend other players.

Also considered as harassment is any behavior that is incessant, inescapable, derogatory and directed specifically at you or your group. This includes the act of intentionally targeting and disrupting player events, which is never considered acceptable. An important point to note regarding this type of harassment is that a genuine attempt to alleviate the situation must have been made. This could be an attempt to leave the area or the offending player, or simply the act of asking them politely to stop. If a sincere attempt has been made to solve the problem and the offending player persists in the harassing behavior, it can be considered harassment, and the harassment tool should be used at this time. For more information, see How do I report harassment below.

Behavior that is always considered harassment includes derogatory and/or hateful comments that are sexual, racist, religious, or related to gender or creed. Origin has a zero tolerance policy towards harassment of this kind, as stated in our Terms of Service, and violation of the above can result in immediate and permanent account suspension on the first offense.
Okay EAMYTHIC the way I see you need to enforce these policies period!

I'm so angry about this I'm seriously considering a lawsuit against EAMythic for condoning and allowing blatant harassment in Ultima Online I invite anyone else who feels the same way to join me. FYI it only take 3 people to become a class action lawsuit.

I do not cheat, unattended macro, dupe or any of the other reprehensibles things that go on yet I'm treated like a second class citizen. WHY!?!?

I would love a Dev Member or anyone from EAMythiv to explain to me, why they treat a honest paying customer like dog feces!

I'm sorry but I'm upset and I'd like to see the rules enforced.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest using that wonderful ignore feature in the game. It works wonders. I find that ignoring rude people and not talking back to them in any way usually makes them stop.

Because, you know, what's the point of trying to anger someone if it doesn't show any progress :p

But as for people "stealing" peoples spawn. There is no such thing. No one owns any spawn.

Surely you tried paging more than once, yes?

Edit: Also it seems you have to be incredibly specific in your pages. Lest it be canned.

F

Foolio the Bard

Sorry to say, but as Viper says EA does not consider spawn stealing as harrassment.
I've dealt with it some too today -- Saturday always brings out the kiddies with the kOoLduDe NaMeS. And I put them on ignore and hide for awhile, they get bored and leave.

Not much else you can do except getting friends to help out EV them.

Arien

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I haven't got to participate in the ToT Event because I have a LIFE and A REAL JOB!

So today I jump into game and I started out hunting Lesser Ryus then a Guildie asked who wants my Orc spot in the wastes.

I said I did, and hurried over there. He handed the spot off to me, then 15 minutes later all BLOODY HELL breaks loose.

Its started with a unnamed jerk from FSB guild comes over trys to jump my spawn. I had been killing Orcs when the spawn stopped I saw what looked like a Orc name on the water so I check it out, I was gone less than a minute And the jerk showed up and tried to take my spot.
First of all, Peoples who starts their Posts with "because I have a LIFE and A REAL JOB!" has everything but for sure not a real life and a job!

Boy wake up, you don't own a Monster Spawn, not even a Spot in UO. And if you had just a little bit Brain left, you would have changed the Spot. The best was "However from 1:30pm until 8:30pm I was continually harassed by this guy's Guildmates and buddies" ... So much to your real life! :popcorn:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"Ownership" of a spawn is the incorrect term. People should be arguing over the "control" of a spawn point. While noone "owns" a spawn in UO, you can obviously tell where and when someone is cotrolling the spawn point.

Personally, I've made it a point of finding areas that work well that AREN'T so obviously and heavily camped/controlled so that such issues don't arise. That's why I tend to like the Yomotsu mines because you can find a small area to control and most people haven't figured out the strategy of the mines and thus end up getting themselves killed (or having to make a run for the exit) thus the mines are camped, yes, but not overly so (like orcs in the desert).

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, Peoples who starts their Posts with "because I have a LIFE and A REAL JOB!" has everything but for sure not a real life and a job!

Boy wake up, you don't own a Monster Spawn, not even a Spot in UO. And if you had just a little bit Brain left, you would have changed the Spot. The best was "However from 1:30pm until 8:30pm I was continually harassed by this guy's Guildmates and buddies" ... So much to your real life! :popcorn:
FYI MISSY: I am a WOMAN, not a boy! Saturday is my day off and I started it that way because I have had the remark made in UHall at me "Well if you played MORE etc, etc". I do have a life I work as bookkeeper for a small business. I am actively organizing a fund raiser for my sister's Best friend's little girl who suffer a serious head injury and as result incurred a large hospital bill, air ambulance and ambulance bill. I am active in my community. So what have you done lately, Hmmmm?

S

sayler04

Ok, I totally sympathize with you. BUT let's not get started on the whole lawsuit thing. Too many wonderful, if occasionally irritating,things have been either ruined or entirely dismantled as a result of someone feeling pissed off and impotent and taking it too far. Frivolous lawsuits are driving the real world into the ground; let's not do it to MMOs as well.

i DO sympathize tho... people can be so irritating

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had been killing Orcs when the spawn stopped I saw what looked like a Orc name on the water so I check it out, I was gone less than a minute And the jerk showed up and tried to take my spot.
You left, so it sounds like you took his spot.

C

Cloak&Dagger

What IS considered harassment?

Harassment consists of flagrant misuse and abuse of game mechanics with the intention of distressing and offending other players. So what's a game mechanic? Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. The ability to create macros with large amounts of text is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent". What was the person trying to achieve through their actions? Were they purposefully trying to disrupt someone else's game? While an action may cause others distress, it is not considered harassment until it is determined by OSI/EA that it was done to intentionally cause distress or to offend other players.

Also considered as harassment is any behavior that is incessant, inescapable, derogatory and directed specifically at you or your group. This includes the act of intentionally targeting and disrupting player events, which is never considered acceptable. An important point to note regarding this type of harassment is that a genuine attempt to alleviate the situation must have been made. This could be an attempt to leave the area or the offending player, or simply the act of asking them politely to stop. If a sincere attempt has been made to solve the problem and the offending player persists in the harassing behavior, it can be considered harassment, and the harassment tool should be used at this time. For more information, see How do I report harassment below.

Behavior that is always considered harassment includes derogatory and/or hateful comments that are sexual, racist, religious, or related to gender or creed. Origin has a zero tolerance policy towards harassment of this kind, as stated in our Terms of Service, and violation of the above can result in immediate and permanent account suspension on the first offense.

I'm so angry about this I'm seriously considering a lawsuit against EAMythic for condoning and allowing blatant harassment in Ultima Online I invite anyone else who feels the same way to join me

If you do not mind Explaining how you feel this here was Broken? I obviously was not there but you simply stating they were "cursing" does not break the ToS at all, it is fairly specific things they would have to say in order for it to be against the rules, that is why there is a language filter in game, to protect people who do not wish to see all the legal words that people use.

Seeing as how I obviously was not there, as stated before, I will take your word for it that they did in fact actually break the rules as I do know how people on UO act these days. Heh, a friend of mine got a mark on his account a few years back simply because we were talking about religion and he used the name of one of the religions in his sentence and someone paged on him. This got him jailed as well. Honestly I do not want to bother risking the same here myself, I am only saying I sympathize with you but the list of things one can not say or do is very limited and just from your story with out alot of detail (I assume the detailed version would break the RoC of stratics anyway so not asking for it) it would seem there is room to believe they didn't break the rules. But again, I know how people are these days on UO so I trust they did break them.

Hopefully you can find time to plat again with out the grief of others, I have learned over the years to ignore them or play with them as it is quite enjoyable for me to see people get extremely upset by their lack of ability to insult or bother me.

jaraxlebaenrae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI MISSY: I am a WOMAN, not a boy! Saturday is my day off and I started it that way because I have had the remark made in UHall at me "Well if you played MORE etc, etc". I do have a life I work as bookkeeper for a small business. I am actively organizing a fund raiser for my sister's Best friend's little girl who suffer a serious head injury and as result incurred a large hospital bill, air ambulance and ambulance bill. I am active in my community. So what have you done lately, Hmmmm?
2 tours of duty in Iraq, got a cat out of a tree for an old lady, bought some girl scout cookies, donated canned food to a can food drive and saved a bunch of orphans from a house fire.....Your move......

C

Cloak&Dagger

2 tours of duty in Iraq, got a cat out of a tree for an old lady, bought some girl scout cookies, donated canned food to a can food drive and saved a bunch of orphans from a house fire.....Your move......
Is it really necessary to provoke things that were not even directed at you? Unless you are the same person with a different stratics account, in which case....still not necessary I think.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However from 1:30pm until 8:30pm I was continually harassed by this guy's Guildmates and buddies.
That's impressive ... the longest I can camp a spawn without starting to gnaw my arm is about 30 min (although in the past, ToT has sometimes left me with a few bite marks).

jaraxlebaenrae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1301776 said:
Is it really necessary to provoke things that were not even directed at you? Unless you are the same person with a different stratics account, in which case....still not necessary I think.
Yes...........:thumbsup:

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes about 15 seconds to use this, which is a luxury we don't even have in real life.

And there is no such thing as "my spawn" in UO. The only thing that you can say is "mine" is your house and your characters. Everything else is communal.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The FSB guild pays to play as well. you need to learn how to share.

F

five oclock

I wish there was an ignore key in real life...Big time..

as for camping spawns..Umm looking at champ spawns...Big surprise there..sorry you dont own anything in this game..EA does..

I do feel for ya..But your rant has been going on for 11 years now..You have 2 choices..either ignore it..or move on to another game..It stinks..but thats about it.

As EA has said many times in the past..put them on ignore...if they lure..good luck with a GM and so forth...I do wish you the best of luck there...

lawsuit..Umm no comment...actually someone earlier said it best...cant remember the post tho.. :D

Good luck in your travels..I will say this tho. I love UO as much as the next person..but there are TONS of new online games out there....But the first step is always the hardest...

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes about 15 seconds to use this, which is a luxury we don't even have in real life.

And there is no such thing as "my spawn" in UO. The only thing that you can say is "mine" is your house and your characters. Everything else is communal.
Okay Whatever. I was there first and they start the crap and I'm in the wrong/is all my fault.

Know what I think? I think that Uhall is "A Retched Hive of Scum and Villiany"
filled with Cheaters, greifers, dupers and generally not nice people.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a whole lot less stressful to just go hunt somewhere else, there's plenty of spots, after all everyone keeps telling me the game is dead and empty.

No one 'owns' the spawn. oki, I admit to feeling that I 'own' the particular creature that I'm in the middle of killing and would be annoyed if someone jumped in half way through.
As for leaving and coming back - His obvious and honest reply to your claim that it's yours is 'there was no one here when I arrived'.

I'm with Mapplestone, too long in one spot bores me to tears, I've been alternating (when I can find time to play) between ladies of the snow and tsuki wolves. I've only had about 20 drops, but the rng smiled on me. I don't have a 'job' as such, retired, but I do have housework, vendors to keep stocked, beta testing to do, and recently, a badly out of date website to try to update, you may have heard of it? it's called uo.stratics.com :D

Lawsuit? really? to ask a games company to enforce your interpretation of its rules?
I'm sorry, but I find that idea over the top and rather silly.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay Whatever. I was there first and they start the crap and I'm in the wrong/is all my fault.

Don't forget the horrible spellers.

-wretched
-villainy
-griefers

BTW you don't own the spawn, they did nothing wrong to attack the mob you were fighting. Why were you there for 7 hours if it was so frustrating you feel driven to voice the threat of legal action? I tend to find if I'm doing something that I don't have to do and it isn't enjoyable, I stop doing it. It would do wonders for your blood pressure, no doubt. :thumbsup:

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take the time to protect yourself, the language filter and ignore features are in place for you to do just that. No one owns a spawn and if you can't keep ahead of the next guy its time to move on. Yelling on a message board only fuels your anger and your choice to remain so, instead of getting past it and enjoying what you have of your day off.

If you don't have the hours to spend farming like most others do, trying to keep up is a futile waste of your time. You are choosing to be upset and angry, instead of adapting to the event and finding your own niche.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very true. I get miffed...I get angry and vent to my icq partner-in-crime...I leave the area, sometimes leave the comp (ok once I left for 6 months but usually its a day) and just shake it off. When you did nothing wrond and somebody ****s down yer neck for no reason it feels awful, but in no way is life gonna run them over tomorrow (shame) so don't let them ruin the rest of your day.

You and your guildies ran him off once. Your got your revenge. And then he got his...yer even.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had the same thing done to me a few times now during this ToT, best thing you can do is stop killing the spawn, go make a coffee and something to eat. Watch the litte f***er while you eat and drink without saying anything or moving. Once you have had youre coffee and food, they are normaly board with doing the spawn and not getting the reaction they were looking for and they leave. Normaly takes about 30 mins and there board with doing the spawn, youre fed and wattered and ready to go again

C

Cloak&Dagger

Honestly now, really? Just because others pointed out how you interpretation of the rules is wrong and showed you ways you could better your game experience everyone is "not nice people", love the general attitude you always have when you post here *rolls eyes* I posted once already how it is likely they did nothing wrong, of course that is assuming the gms even said that (really they didn't just tell you they would investigate it? Cause I know for a fact it is both against policy and illegal for them to tell you if they would take action against an offender). Shall I point out again that it is very specific things that are considered bad when typing, and the only other way to "harass" is to actually be able to follow a person after they recall (I honestly have to disagree with the policy, the land is very vast and the chance of someone actually being able to find you unless they knew you previously and you are a creature of habit. But meh policy is policy).

M

Muu Bin

Then WHY OH WHY do you continue to inundate us with your incessant moaning? Just step back and listen to yourself... You say you're an adult (oh yes... a WOMAN) and listen to yourself whine. My gosh... my children don't carry on like you do and the oldest one is nine!

Do as some of the previous posters have suggested and move on to a different game. Or least stop posting here... :coco:

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
an interesting read, the op as i understand it feels aggrieved about others 'stealing' her spawn. as pointed out earlier this is not against the tos.
secondly she felt aggrieved by swearing etc which is against tos.
the more interesting thing is the way that the flamers jump in with both feet. arien (visitor) started it and others follow. can we not just keep it nice?
jarax im a big supporter of 'help for heroes' keep up the good work that sometimes goes unmentioned.
:danceb::danceb:

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While no one owns a spawn I try to respect people and leave them alone in spots they were at first.

One guy ticked me off tho and it takes a lot to make me mad. I was in the fan dancer dojo and theres a spot where two daemons spawn well I looked and no one was around so I started killing daemons. I killed about six and a tamer comes up and trys to say it was his spot. Well I told him he wasn't around so how was I supposed to know. He then said "well I had to repair my stuff". Ok so the guy leaves and repairs his stuff but I am somehow supposed to know that it was his spot. Yeah ok. I told him that if he leaves he loses the spot.

Well he then gets his friend to come help him. Well I'm not going to leave because it just ticked me off. After a while of them taunting me telling me how I can keep trying but I won't get anything I had my husband come help me. Well they start calling me pathetic for having him come help me which is kinda ironic since he called his friend to help him. This goes on for a little while and they again start saying it was his spot. And I again ask how was I supposed to know if no one was there. And his friend said "Well all of the dead bodies should have gave you a clue". So according to him if you see a bunch of dead daemons on the ground that means the spot belongs to someone even if they aren't there so just keep moving.

Well eventually they got tired of my husband killing the stuff before the tamer could get his dragon to attack so one of them ask if we could just start taking turns.

Was it a little childish of me to not leave, well yes it was but it just ticked me off. LOL

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I said I did, and hurried over there. He handed the spot off to me , then 15 minutes later all BLOODY HELL breaks loose.

Its started with a unnamed jerk from FSB guild comes over trys to jump my spawn. I had been killing Orcs when the spawn stopped I saw what looked like a Orc name on the water so I check it out, I was gone less than a minute And the jerk showed up and tried to take my spot. I told him nicely I was there first and the spawn had stopped And I thought there was Orc stuck on the water. He became exetremely rude. I asked him three times to please stop I paged on him and the useless crap EAMythic call in game customer service wouldn't help me.
It's not enough to simply tell someone to stop, you also need to try removing yourself from the situation. Taken from the support pages:

Behavior that is dependent on circumstance and how you attempt to resolve the situation include most other verbal harassment situations such as name calling. Before you submit a complaint be sure you understand what constitutes harassment and that you have followed these steps:

* You have asked the player to "please stop", and they have continued to repeat the offending behavior.
* You have tried to remove yourself from the situation, for example, by recalling away or moving several screens.
* You have done nothing to instigate or further encourage the harassment.
* You have added the player to your ignore list, which is located in your UO options, under Filter Options.

* You have read and understand Electronic Arts' definition of harassment, and Electronic Arts' Terms of Service.
* Your account information is up to date, including a current email address.
You don't mention trying to remove yourself or putting the player on ignore...

I used Alliance chat to call out to my Guildies and Allies0 to help me. Thanks to Luc, Orc Queen and few other we were able to run off the obnoxious person. However from 1:30pm until 8:30pm I was continually harassed by this guy's Guildmates and buddies. Then at about 8:30 pm the jerk and two of his mage friends show up accusing me of stealing the spawn from him. I put out a call again to my guildies and Allies but only one at the moment was my sister. She shows up and we try to hold my spot But we can't fight against 6 EVs.
From what you write here it sounds as if you and your friends were the ones who turned this into a battle. If I had been in your shoes I would likely have thought "ok, he's jumped in here, but there are other spots and I need more regs anyway" and I'd have moved on. GMs are there for problems you can't solve yourself, in this case you could have avoided the entire fight yourself.

I'm not saying the player wasn't rude because I wasn't there. But don't lower yourself to the low standards of others. All the selfish greedy kids come out for events like this, so the best idea is move on if you're getting frustrated or learn to laugh and joke about it. Don't get me wrong, if I typed what I was thinking of players while I played I'd have been banned years ago. But I've always found that it annoys the heck out of them if you don't respond with anger or better still start making gentle jokes at their expense. It's feasible to turn these situations round so you're the one laughing.

Wenchy

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

See I find this interesting. You come here complaining about a very rude person and in turn you insult everyone here who disagrees about "owning" a spawn. In the end you truly are not much better than the one who insulted you in game.

Remember though, while in theory it takes one person to start "crap" (it is debatable since we are always taught that "it takes two to start it"), it takes two or more to keep it going. My point? Don't feed them! Be nice to them, ignore them, ignore their attempts to anger you. Or simply leave. :D There's plenty of other places to hunt

Edit: A lot of the advice people are giving here is really useful on how to deal with those annoying people. You might try taking the advice next time you run into them.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So to summerise.

You were at a spawn
Another guy came
You asked him to leave because you were working the spawn
He started being a pain in the ass
You stayed there for 8 hours taking it all
You paged a GM
Nothing happened
You want to form a lawsuit against EA\Mythic for letting this abuse happen?

Look, I know its annoying when you're working a spawn and some one else starts doing it too, but come on, its not yours, you don't have any more right to work it than they do. Of course it wasn't right how they treated you, but I think if some one told me to leave the spawn alone I'd be a jackass too.

Also, if you have so much to worry about outside of the game, how the hell are you letting this get to you so much? Get some perspective please.

D

Der Rock

The whole time the jerks are cussing, name calling me names and accusing ME of spawn jumping.

1.you have a real jop ?
i thought child labour is forbidden ?
because you realy sound like a child

2.He HANDED the spot off to you?
LOOOOOOL how ludicrous is that? LOOOOOL

3. you paged on him because he tried to take your spot?
again,thats is sooooo loughable

4. you wonder you get a response from GM,taking over a spot is legal
learn how to play uo,i think that your behavior is more harrasment then otherwise.
paging on player wich play the game in a legal manner is harrassment and bad aftersaying

i am sorry for you,realy......
LOL

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I know it depends on the respawn rate, but I've noticed that I get the same, if not higher, ToT drop rates when I work an area with other people present. We kill more monsters quicker forcing them to respawn quicker than I could otherwise. Now I admit I prefer holding a spot myself, but sometimes the best option is to just work it faster and better than the other person. I mentioned in another thread that I was able to work my one-man necro show faster and better than a hidden tamer's greater dragon. And I used the GD to my advantage when someone else would pull harder spawn and leave it in the area I was working.

So I wouldn't get too concerned by so called "spawn stealers". Just do it better and faster than them and the increased respawn will make up for it. I ignore anything anyone else says as I'm more effective when I just kill stuff and don't try to respond to conversation or comments.

-OBSIDIAN-

W

wee papa smurf

*Sets up tent for long day camp at the mines*
Stay away from my spawn :cursing:

:lol:

S

Splup

You can own spawns only in Felucca, and it means you have to be rdy to shed some blood ;)

Rumil of Lorain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have known both you and the so called spawn jumper for years I think you have exaggerated the situation considering thats where his recall rune takes him and you were not in the immediate area
he said in chat wow that its empty then you showed back up and told him what you were doing, he was ready to move on and let you have the spot back As I respect both of you I think you went over the line on this one. I listened in on both chats so I pretty know what went on I would just chalk it up as oops my bad and go on from there no need for bad blood between friends
Know what I mean Vern

W

Wallenstein

Let review the ROC shall we?

It says

Okay They violated all of those but yet the GM say its "LEGAL" WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?

I'm so angry about this I'm seriously considering a lawsuit against EAMythic for condoning and allowing blatant harassment in Ultima Online I invite anyone else who feels the same way to join me. FYI it only take 3 people to become a class action lawsuit.

I do not cheat, unattended macro, dupe or any of the other reprehensibles things that go on yet I'm treated like a second class citizen. WHY!?!?

I would love a Dev Member or anyone from EAMythiv to explain to me, why they treat a honest paying customer like dog feces!

The bottom line is that all of Britannia is open and free for any subscriber(s) to roam free and fight creatures. The players who took over your spot pay the same fees you do so you are not entitled any more to the spot than they are.

1) You may not victimize, harass, threaten, or cause another player unwanted distress or discomfort, as determined by Support Staff.

2) You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language, graphic descriptions, or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals).

3) You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player.
As for number 1, notice how it says "as determined by Support Staff". If a GM doesn't think what went on qualified as bannable then nothing will be done. Similarly, the only verbal offenses people really get banned for are vulgar sexual comments, derogatory racial remarks or blatant and continuous strong language after the player has been asked to stop repeatedly..

C

Cloak&Dagger

secondly she felt aggrieved by swearing etc which is against tos.
Swearing is not against the ToS. :( may want to read all of the information in this post as the ToS is clearly pointed out here, it is very specific items that are against the ToS verbally, and there is a word filter for all the other words someone might want to leave out.

M

MoneyMaker

Sorry that there was so much grief between you and this other person.
Personally, I would have just left the area when someone showed up.
Tokuno has too much area and spawn to just try kill in one little spot.
Since I do know that you and the other person play on the Legends shard, I would like to invite you both, and any others, to use the tokuno library I have set-up specifically for the ToT events. It has all of the monsters and their locations (except in the dojo and mines where there is no recalling).
There is multiple islands besides the main 3 that have their own spawn.
With so many areas and monsters there should never be anything like this happen.
My library is located on the Island of Homare-Jima, right in front of the Zen Maze, next to kitsune woods, last house. Library is called the Cherry Blossom.
I personally, get a very good share of drops and most of the time spend only a hour or so in any given spot. I think that it is just not right to try and keep a spot to myself for hours on end. In my opinion that would just go against the entire community and the precepts that we have lived by on legends for years.
I hope that you will step back (other person too) and look at how your afternoon played out and realize that no one won. you both could have had a more productive afternoon by just going on to other locations.
I sincerely hope that this never happens or is (inadvertently) instigated by either of you again.
Enjoy the event.

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First and foremost FSB is a well known and upstanding group. I am also proud that they are part of the ELV Alliance. This sounds like a blip from one of their members and/or a situation that got out of hand because of actions of both parties rather an a guild issue. Their GM is out of town for awhile and may not be able respond. (speaking of real life)

Games, like life, require balance. This is indeed a game played by real people and one never knows that is going on with the person behind the screen.

It is in the end what you choose to make of it. Sometime an offer to share..or a welcome diffuses the problem and wins you a friend in the process rather than an enemy. Sometimes it takes a move to another location to keep your inner peace. Sometimes ...we are at the end of the rope and we blow! It then takes some personal repair..and some times relationship repair to get things back in balance.

In the end it's your call.

In my world...a really bad scene with Kinkae Prowler was resolved to friendship....and invitations to join..or share have brought me both good karma and friends.

Arien

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who cares if you are a Woman or not? Your Forum Name sounds not like a Female Name. Next ... I don't asked you about your real, right? So if i want to know the whole story about you, your Friends and Family + your Pets, i'm gonna ask you. If you didn't got the Hint in my answer till now ... No one cares about you & your real ect. in a Onlingame Forum.

K

Kiminality

You surprise me...
This is quite possibly the first time your complained about something, and not threatened to quit. Not that a lawsuit is anything of an improvement...

Anyway.
Pointless, pointless, pointless.
To even think that you own a spawn is incredibly arrogant.
Such an attitude gets you only one thing; irritation like this, when someone "steals" the spawn.

Adapt.
If you're not getting enough monsters where you are, find somewhere else.
Move around the desert and clear out the spawns that aren't camped and haven't been cleared.
Don't waste your time being petty or dramatic.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, once again Jirel posts a thread, and what do you know, she spews all the crazy she possibly can!

K

Kiminality

And, Moose is posting in a thread, which involves complaining on the internet.
I'll pretend to be surprisedrolleyes:

B

Beer_Cayse

oh, you are good! thought about doing some RP ingame at all? <laughs>

this thread has given me some good smiles on an already tough day ... thank you all - especially Jirel.

N

Natalie Black

While it may be rude, its not against the rules to "steal" a spawn. Truthfully you cannot "steal" one as no one owns a spot.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with what most everyone has said here. It's not against any rule to not share when the person who was originally there. I don't even really consider it ill-mannered. It sucks, yes, but no one 'owns' anywhere ingame.

B

Bullet

Most of you know me and the type of person I am. I,ve read what you all said and thank you all for your opinions. The problem is things did not happen the way the story was told. Let me explain.

You yourself admit you left the spawn. I showed up and my dragon went to work. You were not at the spawn so when you came back you stole my spawn. You were the rude one that came back and said it was your spawn.You also threatened me with the old "ill call a gm". I said go ahead ill wait here for him. I even stabled my dragon and waited attacking nothing. Yes I waited not attacking for well over an hour for the gm to show. I would ask once in a while where we were in the Que. Then hide and wait. Is this harrassment? Also i was the one and only Guild member there except for another of my charactor who stopped by to drop off regs and food for my stabled pet.

Ok so you admit you called in your friends to harrass me at my spawn. Where i wasnt even fighting? Just waiting for the GM to sort this out.
You left the part out where you told me the GM said he would look into in an automated response. You left out I then left you with the spawn for many hours not returning. You left out the part when many hours passed I returned to see if the spawn was empty and you then verbally harrased me. Thats when I started casting EVs. Me alone One charactor. No guildies as you put it.

I never cussed at you and i never called you names. I did however accuse you of jumping my spawn.

I apologize to my Guild if this has caused them any trouble or grief.