Guild Wars are a winner!!!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007
Let me start of this post by saying anyone not involved in the war should stop reading now. There is no need to spew your venom and hate, just go back and troll a different thread (you know who you all are)

Great fights to all!! I can't remember the last time I was involed in such a huge battle!
At one point we hade well over 30 on the field! This on a so called dead shard, before I came to Siege I was Atl for a few years and other then at Champs Spawns or Harrower its just Yew Gate fighting (which I did enjoy)with maybe 30 people total, usually around 4/5 guilds.

We had 30 with just two guilds!! The fights started around 10 pm EST and I finally logged at 3 AM, great stuff.

The one thing I think that lead to such long battles was the lack of STAT and the light looting (aids/regs/pots) quick res and back in the fight!

Anyone who is thinking about joining should, I can't wait until we get all three of the Guilds going at it at once. CRUS/TNT2/S-S!

I logged on ealry Saturday and saw a few people talking about how boring the shard had become, after a brief description of the guild war they where off to speak to the guilds GM.

Back to work now but I will be looking for oranges tonight!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
*smiles* You are running loot and crafter armor?

S

Scopulus Falco

aye come one come all!!AS you TROLLS i hope can see ,we are having fun.We as a SHARD are standing up and changing things here.

M

MoonglowMerchant

Let me start of this post by saying anyone not involved in the war should stop reading now. There is no need to spew your venom and hate, just go back and troll a different thread (you know who you all are)

Great fights to all!! I can't remember the last time I was involed in such a huge battle!
At one point we hade well over 30 on the field! This on a so called dead shard, before I came to Siege I was Atl for a few years and other then at Champs Spawns or Harrower its just Yew Gate fighting (which I did enjoy)with maybe 30 people total, usually around 4/5 guilds.

We had 30 with just two guilds!! The fights started around 10 pm EST and I finally logged at 3 AM, great stuff.

The one thing I think that lead to such long battles was the lack of STAT and the light looting (aids/regs/pots) quick res and back in the fight!

Anyone who is thinking about joining should, I can't wait until we get all three of the Guilds going at it at once. CRUS/TNT2/S-S!

I logged on ealry Saturday and saw a few people talking about how boring the shard had become, after a brief description of the guild war they where off to speak to the guilds GM.

Back to work now but I will be looking for oranges tonight!
I agree. We are a bit behind TNT2 in the standings and I look forward to correcting that in short order.

:)

M

MoonglowMerchant

*smiles* You are running loot and crafter armor?
The rules are no faction items and no pets.

We don't loot armor or jewels but consumables like regs and pots are fair game.

I wouldn't want this to be the only PvP on Siege, but it is a fun addition.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Yah everyone is mainly running runic kit armor..seen just a few cursed arties.

The purpace of the light loot is again to get people back up and fighting as quickly as possible. It cool to be using some of the old time fight locations as well. Brings back fun memories

Funny thing is after fighting in quite a few of these wars now I have met and chatted with some of the enemies and found them to be very cool. See you in the field :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008

The purpace of the light loot is again to get people back up and fighting as quickly as possible. It cool to be using some of the old time fight locations as well. Brings back fun memories

Funny thing is after fighting in quite a few of these wars now I have met and chatted with some of the enemies and found them to be very cool. See you in the field :)

Oh Snap? You mean this is a game?

M

MoonglowMerchant

That is one big difference between this and the faction fights. In factions, once one or two people die, the fighting is over for at least 20 minutes or longer.

In this, you are back in the fight as quickly as you can restock your pots and regs. There is a lot less downtime.

D

Death of Hemp

The rules are no faction items and no pets.

We don't loot armor or jewels but consumables like regs and pots are fair game.

I wouldn't want this to be the only PvP on Siege, but it is a fun addition.

Interesting.....how do you keep people outside of the war from jumping in with Pets, etc.? Do you have pre-arranged fights in remote secret locations or does everyone work together to attack any unwelcomed outsiders?

I'd like to know more....perhaps I'll bring back my old guild to participate if I can get some more details via p.m.

thx

M

MoonglowMerchant

Interesting.....how do you keep people outside of the war from jumping in with Pets, etc.? Do you have pre-arranged fights in remote secret locations or does everyone work together to attack any unwelcomed outsiders?

I'd like to know more....perhaps I'll bring back my old guild to participate if I can get some more details via p.m.

thx
Well, the first few nights people interfered. So, last night, we took it to a remote location. I imagine there will be more of that to come.

S

Scopulus Falco

Well, the first few nights people interfered. So, last night, we took it to a remote location. I imagine there will be more of that to come.
I say ban together kill then and and move on.cant let them stop us.we are growing more by the day and they are dieing more by the day so.take them to the end.DEATH TO FACTIONS :cursing:

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!

thx
Sometimes it's prearranged and other times its just a random icq to kick it all off.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to perhaps have a few icq numbers from each guild involved so when you have some members on a mass icq can be sent with a location and challenge .

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Take the shard back...

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Purple shoe factory
I had little to no pvp experience prior to this and all I can say is THIS IS FUN!

Purple shoes don't fail me now!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
I had little to no pvp experience prior to this and all I can say is THIS IS FUN!

Purple shoes don't fail me now!
This is all I needed to hear. Best thing for the shard. *nods*

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2008
Alberta, Canada
I havent made it to any of the fight nights yet, but i have been owned by an orange in luna. Still good fun. And light looting is great. They never took my regs. But did take all my pots. Which is great. A quick pot collection and I was back for round 2....which I lost lol. Again, id come back, ask if looting was done. They said yes, and on my way I went.

Good times so far

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com

That is one big difference between this and the faction fights. In factions, once one or two people die, the fighting is over for at least 20 minutes or longer.

In this, you are back in the fight as quickly as you can restock your pots and regs. There is a lot less downtime.

Sounds like Trammel and item insurance would be perfect for this. That way you really wouldn't have to worry about your precious GM armor being looted... and no one could interfere with your RP war, unless they were at war with you!!!

Trammel is that way ---------------------------------->

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
Sounds like Trammel and item insurance would be perfect for this. That way you really wouldn't have to worry about your precious GM armor being looted... and no one could interfere with your RP war, unless they were at war with you!!!

Correction: Whats happening in this war is called being respectful to your opponents and having fun... some things you could use a few lessons on. I do not understand your need to be so bitter about what we are doing. Why come here and troll people who are making the game fun for each other again?

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007

Like crack to a crackhead...just can't control yourself...

What is happening is called fun, look at the thread all positive until your venom was injected.

Face it, we have moved on and suggest you do the same.

Have a nice day...

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Trammel, trammel....Hmm, isn't that the place where people wear a bunch of uber items to fight?

S

Scopulus Falco

RP was here Day one, Aye looting is light right now, that will change with growth but in RL Factions are the bane right now, and IMOP it is TRAMMY

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007

thx

We pick a spot via icq, other night we haunted the brit cemetery for 5 hours!!

Of course Orange is Orange so little battles happen all over!!

Be cool if your guild returned, we would welcome another foe!!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com

Trammel, trammel....Hmm, isn't that the place where people wear a bunch of uber items to fight?
Actually, in Trammel they set up RP wars in crappy armor and have stupid rules forced upon those who participate as they duke it out in super sekret locations.

Felucca is that place where people wear a bunch of uber items to fight.

S

Scopulus Falco

We pick a spot via icq, other night we haunted the brit cemetery for 5 hours!!

Of course Orange is Orange so little battles happen all over!!

Be cool if your guild returned, we would welcome another foe!!
Aye aye

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com

What is happening is called fun, look at the thread all positive until your venom was injected.

Have a nice day...

Dude, don't let me stand in the way of your fun!!! I was just trying to be helpful with a suggestion since it seemed that it would fit what you're doing perfectly! Seriously, no harm, no foul. The war sounds like a hoot, I think they do it waaaaayyyy more often in trammel tho... since it's such a hoot and done way more often (and more efficiently) in Trammel... I figured you'd welcome the suggestion.

have a great day too!

U

UONanook

I thought that was factions... I never wore uber items in Trammel... minor Tokuno artifacts maybe...matter of fact about Trammel RP wars - the RPvP guilds joined factions if not explicitly disallowed in community RP RoE on that shard, you can guess why I'm sure

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Actually, in Trammel they set up RP wars in crappy armor and have stupid rules forced upon those who participate as they duke it out in super sekret locations.

Your right, I should have said its the Prodo shards that use the uber items, not just trammel. Maybe you should go there.

We have only one rule, and thats no pets, something your guild has been complaining about for ages. Hypocrite much?

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I thought that was factions... I never wore uber items in Trammel... minor Tokuno artifacts maybe...matter of fact about Trammel RP wars - the RPvP guilds joined factions if not explicitly disallowed in community RP RoE on that shard, you can guess why I'm sure
Sarcasm silly. That's my point about factions, you might as well play on a prodo shard if your gonna use uber items to compete.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007
Dude, don't let me stand in the way of your fun!!! I was just trying to be helpful with a suggestion since it seemed that it would fit what you're doing perfectly! Seriously, no harm, no foul. The war sounds like a hoot, I think they do it waaaaayyyy more often in trammel tho... since it's such a hoot and done way more often (and more efficiently) in Trammel... I figured you'd welcome the suggestion.

have a great day too!
As we have no Trammel we are doing it in Fel and it is a hoot and will remain a hoot!

F

Førsaken

Like crack to a crackhead...just can't control yourself...

Face it, we have moved on and suggest you do the same.

Have a nice day...
Actually, what is happening, is all the people who are scared to run the items that exist in today's Ultima Online for PvP here on Siege Perilous-Are indeed coming out of the wood works and having a grand ole' time going backwards in Ultima Online. :thumbsup:

If by PvP'ing in a safe manner, not having to worry about loot, or dying really, is fun, I suggest a prodo shard. It'll fit you guys well.

I didn't know I came to Siege Perilous to NOT run all the items that are in today's UO, or to fear losing them.

Venom meet Trammie (Mook)

M

Mogluk

we all pay our own bill.....I kinda think that means we can play however we damn well please....only a liberal would want to MAKE everyone play with something they don't want or need.....

Hey faction items are great I have 50k silver in the bank why the hell do I need to go spawn/farm for hours when I can just run in the field with like minded people....sounds like good ole capitalism to me......where there is a need someone will supply.......I am sure you will have fun playing in factions, if I remember correctly fighting in any facet is ONLY different on Siege, factions is the same on EVERY shard.....maybe its time you went looking for another shard.....

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
Actually, what is happening, is all the people who are scared to run the items that exist in today's Ultima Online for PvP here on Siege Perilous-Are indeed coming out of the wood works and having a grand ole' time going backwards in Ultima Online. :thumbsup:

If by PvP'ing in a safe manner, not having to worry about loot, or dying really, is fun, I suggest a prodo shard. It'll fit you guys well.

I didn't know I came to Siege Perilous to NOT run all the items that are in today's UO, or to fear losing them.

Venom meet Trammie (Mook)
QFT

F

Førsaken

we all pay our own bill.....I kinda think that means we can play however we damn well please....only a liberal would want to MAKE everyone play with something they don't want or need.....

Hey faction items are great I have 50k silver in the bank why the hell do I need to go spawn/farm for hours when I can just run in the field with like minded people....sounds like good ole capitalism to me......where there is a need someone will supply.......I am sure you will have fun playing in factions, if I remember correctly fighting in any facet is ONLY different on Siege, factions is the same on EVERY shard.....maybe its time you went looking for another shard.....
Aww, poor orcy getting all butt sore. Anything that comes from you or anyone else participating, is nothing but an excuse.

It's cool though, the ones that suck at PvP, will just enjoy mediocre game play, instead of learning how to coordinate and make proper templates.

:sleep2:

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama

We had a nice one with SS + vortex last night that lasted a good while. We got hammered earlyon but managed to res up ON THE FIELD and finish it off.
Nither side would have fought it out as long as they did had we been in factions. The stat loss is what bothers me about factions more than anything. I also agree that it is a bit more fun when we are looting the standard old school stuff we all used to loot.

I also have to agree very much with kael about chatting with the enemy a bit after it is all said and done. We used to this all the time on siege even in full dryloot battles. The way Isee it I am not only playing the game with my guildmates but with the people I fight; IMO it is good to be able to like and respect both groups.

U

UONanook

Sarcasm silly. That's my point about factions, you might as well play on a prodo shard if your gonna use uber items to compete.
Public apology to Vortex (I immediately extended one via PM). I understood the sarcasm in his original post. I should have quoted Draxous as Vortex did since that was where my thoughts were truly directed.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I also have to agree very much with kael about chatting with the enemy a bit after it is all said and done. We used to this all the time on siege even in full dryloot battles. The way Isee it I am not only playing the game with my guildmates but with the people I fight; IMO it is good to be able to like and respect both groups.
Amen!

I've really learned how many good people there are among my enemies. I think we sometimes forget its another human behind the keyboard. Kat and I have disagreed many times in the past, but I have found a new level of respect for her and her group.

P.S. You have got to be one of the hardest people to kill I have ever seen Tib. We were laughing our butts off in vent when you were on foot with 4 of us on you and it still took us like 5 minutes to get you.

F

Førsaken

That's my point about factions, you might as well play on a prodo shard if your gonna use uber items to compete.
Same goes for you and everyone else in this server war. It's amazing how many "pvpers" you see now, "30 people on the same field at once" zomg. . .Why is that I wonder?

OH THAT'S RIGHT, because they no longer have to worry about losing their items, except for their resources such as pots, bandages, petals, etc.

Whooah, that's all any prodo pvper loses. :thumbsup:

If it's fun to you guys, it's fun, but stop saying we should go to another server, because you guys can't handle the game as is.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
Let me just paraphrase all the 420 comments for y'all so you can just start skipping over them.

"We are better pvpers than you. We have more in game cash than than most of you. We want you to equip just like we do even though alot of you are not quite at our level of pvp experience thereby allowing us to sell your gear back at a massive profit everytime you die. It costs you so much every death that you will not get to fight very often so we will always be better than you which is fine because all we really want is your loot not a fun fight.
We will insult you, call you trammies, and generally behave like middleschool children in hopes that you will respond and give us what we want."

Pretty standard 5 year old attitude to which I have to say go to your room and sit in time out, the grown-ups are having a discussion. I mean really if I wanted to run all that crap I could; I would just spend an hours rl pay on gold and be one of the richest guys on the shard. I play for fun. This is fun.
The only hard rule is no pets. Leaving each other's suits alone has been a gentleman's agreement that has yet to be broken. I would not expect anyone from 420 to understand such things and I for one am tired of trying to explain things to people with the mentality of a 4 year old.

M

Mogluk

nah Sakie you don't have anything big enough to make me butt sore.... getting a few pin pricks though.....

hey I am having fun by my standards not yours ......in this world we only have control over a few things, its kinda like playinga nice pick up game of basketball. Maybe you you play in the pros but it doesn't mean I don't have just as much fun in my amateur league *shrugs* maybe your the one who's Butt sore, I can suggest a good proctologist if you need one? just don't let him steady you with both hands........

F

Førsaken

Let me just paraphrase all the 420 comments for y'all so you can just start skipping over them.

"We are better pvpers than you. We have more in game cash than than most of you. We want you to equip just like we do even though alot of you are not quite at our level of pvp experience thereby allowing us to sell your gear back at a massive profit everytime you die. It costs you so much every death that you will not get to fight very often so we will always be better than you which is fine because all we really want is your loot not a fun fight.
We will insult you, call you trammies, and generally behave like middleschool children in hopes that you will respond and give us what we want."

Pretty standard 5 year old attitude to which I have to say go to your room and sit in time out, the grown-ups are having a discussion. I mean really if I wanted to run all that crap I could; I would just spend an hours rl pay on gold and be one of the richest guys on the shard. I play for fun. This is fun.
The only hard rule is no pets. Leaving each other's suits alone has been a gentleman's agreement that has yet to be broken. I would not expect anyone from 420 to understand such things and I for one am tired of trying to explain things to people with the mentality of a 4 year old.
Yeah, saying we have a mentality of a 4 yr old is real mature, and not a personal attack. Nope, not at all. :thumbsup:

Sir, you can slander 420 and any of its members all you want, the fact still remains, you refuse to better yourself, your group, and learn the game as is.

:next:

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
Amen!

I've really learned how many good people there are among my enemies. I think we sometimes forget its another human behind the keyboard. Kat and I have disagreed many times in the past, but I have found a new level of respect for her and her group.

P.S. You have got to be one of the hardest people to kill I have ever seen Tib. We were laughing our butts off in vent when you were on foot with 4 of us on you and it still took us like 5 minutes to get you.
Had I remembered my invis pots and headed towards the lich crypts I may have been able to geta tp off and gotten onto the roof:). I remeber goign on foot in front of like 4-5 of you and saying "#$@$, I'm dead", and then surviving another 5 minutes with verum shoing that warfork up my rear end non-stop and you hammering me with spells.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!

You seem to possess a great amount of knowledge of these trammy wars on atlantic

I recall Rafman being the first to say Trammel is that way........................> perhaps he showed you the proper direction :)

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2007
I mean really if I wanted to run all that crap I could; I would just spend an hours rl pay on gold and be one of the richest guys on the shard.
ROFL, another anonymous internet superstar!! ZOMG I am so rich let me prove it by not proving it at all!

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
Yeah, saying we have a mentality of a 4 yr old is real mature, and not a personal attack. Nope, not at all. :thumbsup:

Sir, you can slander 420 and any of its members all you want, the fact still remains, you refuse to better yourself, your group, and learn the game as is.

:next:
All I know is I am getting some damn good practice in and so are my enemies.
I have already seen alot of improvement on thier part over just the last few days. What are ya gonna do when we do all get our skills, macroes, and battle intincts honed? I know what you are gonna do, hide in your houses or use your little trammie faction recall runes to haul your fat outta the fire. that's what you're gonna do. Now run along, I am sure there is some other kid waiting to use the computer lab.

S

Scopulus Falco

You seem to possess a great amount of knowledge of these trammy wars on atlantic

I recall Rafman being the first to say Trammel is that way........................> perhaps he showed you the proper direction :)
I was thinking the same but didnt want to be to hard on the boy(KINDA wanted him to join in on the fun)but oh well truth IS truth.

F

Førsaken

nah Sakie you don't have anything big enough to make me butt sore.... getting a few pin pricks though.....

hey I am having fun by my standards not yours ......in this world we only have control over a few things, its kinda like playinga nice pick up game of basketball. Maybe you you play in the pros but it doesn't mean I don't have just as much fun in my amateur league *shrugs* maybe your the one who's Butt sore, I can suggest a good proctologist if you need one? just don't let him steady you with both hands........
If the developers all felt we should keep UO as it WAS, they would have done so. You guys are all on the fence imo. One side is falling towards prodo rule set, of not worrying about items anymore, the other side of that fence should be aiming for a player run server that tailors to these needs you guys obviously have in order to play. As in, pub 16.

I doubt the DEVs would give this any thought, but we could ask them to create a new server that is pub 16 or close to that mind set at the time of 7xgm, armor was not needed, etc.

IMO that would be me giving a helpful thought to why Siege Perilous for one, and this game for another, is so dead. This event is a mere ploy to fool yourselves into thinking UO is what it was.

Make the pub 16 server, and I guarantee that the server would be flooded. I bet you old schoolers would come back, faces that you knew and miss seeing in the field would be back.

I'd be right on that server too.. nothing will change on my end, or 420s, but it would get you guys to fight more, because it'll be 100% easier.