• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Governor's Mixer

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't give me the option of all shards!

To all Governors

Great Lakes would like to invite all Governors or their Aide or Lt. Governor or such to a mixer. Friday July 18th, 7 p.m. CST (8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PST) [I am NOT expecting you to cross shard your character for this]

Location: The Grotto, Minoc, Great Lakes [Gates will be provided from Luna] {Just as an FYI this is an RP Tavern with a BBQ joint}

I'd love the opportunity to just meet and talk with others not about game issues or mechanics just as an ice breaker. You can RSVP here if you like OR to this icq number 678 797 394

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly could not make this one, hope it went well ...

[I am NOT expecting you to cross shard your character for this]
Just as well - you'd lose Governor status if you cross shard the Governor character ;)

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles* I wanted to give ample time for folks to either create a character or plan. I think it could be a fun hour or two or whatever and maybe if we can hang together we can add to the Library Kyronix keeps talking about, we can compare our say Minoc since that's me, with the Minoc on all the other shards. If some changes will require "global" work maybe we can expedite things a bit by being more familiar with what they face trying to maintain unique but functional across so many "worlds"
Also, with some interaction we might find new places to venture in for a bit of rp fun or cameos who knows. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a reminder, we're 10 days out from this mixer! Will be short and sweet as Royal Council meets that night at 8 p.m. CST. This isn't intended to take the place of the talk Nails wants to host on Test Center. Just a chance for us to start to put names and shards together maybe compare notes a bit on what is unique about each of our worlds. Get the ball rolling so to speak.

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kryonix, just a formal invite for you to come if you wish to visible or NOT your choice and it's not as if I could stop you any how haha, but wanted you to know if you'd have time or would like to the Grotto is open.

Mixer THIS Friday the 18th 7 pm. CST. The Grotto, Minoc Great Lakes, we're up along the coast just north of the stables in Minoc. Gates will be open from Luna. I am planning to "free form" this so will roll with what ever, be it IC or OOC as the guest may wish, I know not all Governor's are role players. There will be pixel food and pixel drinks in the spirit of the tavern. I'd also like to hear some ideas if anyone is interested in a multi shard event (like a rare's fest without the rare's and huge amounts of gold).

Oh thus far I have 1 tennative RSVP from Napa.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kryonix, just a formal invite for you to come if you wish to visible or NOT your choice and it's not as if I could stop you any how haha, but wanted you to know if you'd have time or would like to the Grotto is open.

Mixer THIS Friday the 18th 7 pm. CST. The Grotto, Minoc Great Lakes, we're up along the coast just north of the stables in Minoc. Gates will be open from Luna. I am planning to "free form" this so will roll with what ever, be it IC or OOC as the guest may wish, I know not all Governor's are role players. There will be pixel food and pixel drinks in the spirit of the tavern. I'd also like to hear some ideas if anyone is interested in a multi shard event (like a rare's fest without the rare's and huge amounts of gold).

Oh thus far I have 1 tennative RSVP from Napa.
@Kyronix ;)

I doubt I'll be able to come (of if I do, to pay full attention) because my auction starts an hour after that. (My husband and I, both governors, run it.) I'll pass word along to other Chesapeake folk though.

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Riyana, I'll try to post some notes on what happens, and see about another if this is well received.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will attempt to make this event!
Hopefully I will see you all there
Lord Lew
Governor of Trinsic
Atlantic

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm hoping to get there, but as it's at 1 AM my local time, we shall have to see if I am awake enough at the time ;)

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you to all who visited Great Lakes for this mixer. It was a great opportunity to get acquainted and share what has been working and what hasn't There is a request to schedule another a bit out and at a more mid range time. PLEASE if you know other Governors and speak with them let them know about Stratics, and when we get the date set pass the word along. I am leaning toward a weekend maybe a Sunday midday Central time noon or 1 ish? Not sure when yet as August is already filling up with Great Lakes events to attend or work on.

High points of the mixer:
First I'd like to thank Kryonix for his efforts to communicate more often, it definitely helps!
Second, I'd like to thank the EMs on all the shards for their efforts and time!

We all have found communication to be one of the biggest obstacles. Not only with the players but with other Governors seems it is harder to blend role play Governors and non role play Governors than I had understood. Also, there are some break downs in communication and understanding between Governors and the King and his advisers, builders and host of others who get the work done.
I DO NOT want this to turn into a steamroller negative troll or attack. I do see that there is some confusion in this mix and will attempt to spell it out somewhere it will NOT erupt into something ugly.

We are still battling the trade buff and event costs, the new Trader Quest we are eagerly watching and discussed whether it might be possible to get a host of us Governors together to run through this system and see what it actually does as the bugs are worked out. There is a lot of hope and some hesitation about the extent to which this will help. We brainstormed some ideas on what has generated player interest and funds. Including auctions, hunts, events etc. Strictly role play events are a tough sell, lower attendance reported by everyone I listened to. Auctions seem to generate cash for projects (Though they are a time consuming & lengthy process) Hunts can generate numbers it seems, but donations to cities are spotty and still a long trek.

Governor requests were also a topic of mixed results. The primer is in place on most shards I believe. Some requests worked into plot lines or stories seem to get a positive response others modified and others refused. It remains a work in progress, with lots of personalities at play.

I'm going to leave elections out of this thread other than to say if we can get another mixer in before the next election cycle it would be great to discuss this.

I came away from this hopeful, maybe it's just my nature. I didn't hear a single person wish to toss in the towel and quit. There is still a player base that remains committed to trying to rebuild community and generate some spirit, I'd like to see us continue to foster that, support each other and try to prevent burn out.

Darius Bloodbain

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Was a good discussion, and I for one am glad that I took the time to make preparations to visit Great Lakes
and attend. I got to meet up with some awesome people. Some really great ideas were brought
to the table. I learned that most Governors across the shards were having most of
the same problems and concerns as we have been having on Lake Austin.
I look forward to the next one, and Thank you Tanda and the Great Lakes folks for your
gracious kindness and hospitality.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was a good evening (or early morning ;) ) despite my internet problems meaning I 'left' several times and had to give up as the connection just go worse and worse... Good to see so many folks share the view that despite all the hassles, the job is worthwhile and has so much potential. I'll certainly try to make it to any similar meetings in future.

Matthias O'Hare

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Was a great evening. Even though I have given up being governor due the voting limits, I still support those working with the system and want to see them get all the tools they deserve and need.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When is the next one? Should be one very quarter in my opinion. ;)

We'd be happy to host one on Catskills!

Last edited:

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be a welcome blessing, I've been trying but with my various hats in game I'm a little swamped. Another soon would be good. I have been swamped with Majestic Oaks Auction and trying to plan Governor's events. Let us know. The couple requests I'd gotten were for I think a Sunday and like midday CST so that Europe can attend without having to keep Vampire hours Pandy.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be a welcome blessing, I've been trying but with my various hats in game I'm a little swamped. Another soon would be good. I have been swamped with Majestic Oaks Auction and trying to plan Governor's events. Let us know. The couple requests I'd gotten were for I think a Sunday and like midday CST so that Europe can attend without having to keep Vampire hours Pandy.
What!??! You want me out in the middle of the afternoon Tan? ;) *puts on thick layers of SPF100 sunscreen*

I think I can manage something like that. But let's do it once per quarter, its a lot of planning that goes into something like that (am I right?) and for anyone to take it on every month along with the other things going on in their own shards would be a bit much, I think. August is TRE-BUSY for me! I could do one towards the end of September though, maybe Sept 28th. Sundays, midday for sure. Let's shoot for that! What do you all think?

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds feasible, far enough out to work around and it doesn't add to the load this month. *smiles* You could send your most trusted servant and stay in your crypt.
All I did was use my tavern, most of it was trying to get enough notice around game to get anyone there. That's the hard part. We just sort of did an informal meeting let who ever wished to talk. Was pretty easy. Just not all Governor's read Stratics *gasps* and I don't know enough people to get word out unless I start trying to attend EM events or maybe post to each shards EM board.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking I'll use the Cat's Eye Tavern in Britain or even the same inn across the "new player landing" in Britain, the Wayfarer's Inn. Anyone creating a character could do so in Britain and be right near the event. :)

Darius Bloodbain

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This sounds good. I also like the idea of the mixer being hosted on different shards.
This way, since its global, every shard shares in the task of putting on the event.
Since it will be quarterly We could even go as far as putting together a shard schedule
for a few months ahead if we could get governors from different shards to chime in
and commit to a future date for their shard to host.

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does, also gives us the opportunity to visit other shards for more than gift exchanges. At the Great Lakes Dev Team meet & greet I asked about hosting a cross shard festival NOT focused on rares and vendors. Mesanna asked me to email her a proposal I've most of the framework semi penned out. I'll get it posted see if we can get more governors on board, not sure IF this will be a aye or nay on their part, but I'm gonna see what happens.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't want to be a killjoy, but why do this on the production shards? I get shard pride and all, but doing this on TC1 would just be so much easier. It also wouldn't include the headaches and hoops of getting approval for something I'm confident we can easily accomplish ourselves without Broadsword's involvement.

If we did do these on production shards, I'd personally rather see someone local host it at a community building.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could understand the draw of doing it on TC. There will not be "outsiders" really making the effort to go to TC but those of us that benefit here. It is also a more level playing field. So I do get that. Having said that... I still like the idea of a "rotation" quarterly and allowing us all to visit the other shards, as Darius and Tanda suggested. I like the idea of a schedule too. Let's say the 1st of the first month of each quarter? So next one would be Oct. 1st. The next one after that would be Jan. 1st, then April 1st... etc. etc.

I do think it should be a community building not a private one --- like a Counselor's Hall or the EM Hall or a "in city" Tavern or Inn or even Castle British's or Castle Blackthorn's own "dining rooms" --- so as to showcase the host's city in the host's shard. Some of these buildings are done up pretty differently. I don't think we need to be asking Broadsword for ANYTHING really to host this event on ANY shard (be it TC or not). We can handle this ourselves, I am pretty confident about that, by utilizing the shards' own buildings that are already prepped for such events. IF your shard has some issues where a private building would be NEEDED to fend off "unwanted interruptions" then I could see it being hosted in a private building.