• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goodman (Atl)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Typical BS you should always be wary any time they say they are updating the housing server or anytime the housing server goes down is stopped or restarted... as this always causes these issues...

This is also why I NEVER play roulette with any of my accounts.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That would end up with the same 20ish people owning half of Atlantic and doubling the price of all the houses for profit within a year. We've already seen how extreme the effects of one IDOC'er with 50 accounts can be on the Atlantic housing market, imagine the price gouging and house hoarding that would go on if that person could suddenly have 250+ houses instead of 50 at one time.
Accounts could have...
- 1 Siege house per account
- 1 Atl house per account
- 1 house per character on "other" shards.

There's always a solution, people just have to really want it.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
He was doing the pay once every 3 months thing, but his houses were dropping in 2 months instead of 3 for no apparent reason which made it impossible for him to know when to apply the next gametime code, resulting in all of his houses but the one paid 100% of the time falling way early.
I was there as he was losing his Auction house on ATL. He'd been in touch with Mesanna who apparently sent him a generic email response despite his needing immediate help. It went from slightly to idoc in 36 hours and fell on the first pass. Needless to say he felt customer service was crapola that day.

I had gathered a bunch of his sashes that he spent a good deal of time collecting, many more rare than people realize, but he canceled the window and refused to take them back, he was done. I think he has a place with his shard shields but he's not engaged with UO like he once was, sad to see happen.

I miss his auctions too, he was a spreadsheet madman.

Last edited:

AhuA

Visitor
Interesting thread... I'm also appalled that there isn't more effort to preserve community fixtures from the game owners... seems such a natural thing to do, these people have shelled hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars over the years just to preserve those spots, and you ask someone to shell even more money for no extra load on their service (its basically a few megabytes of space and no extra bandwidth, ridiculous IMO. They also deleted the content of my old accounts, server birth rares and all my seer items, official reason in e-mail "we needed space on our servers" *not kidding I still have the e-mail* Isn't this the most ridiculous thing you ever heard in a MMO ? space ? really you needed 10 megabytes so urgently you were willing to lose a 10 year+ customer over it ? Ridiculous is a euphemism here...

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting thread... I'm also appalled that there isn't more effort to preserve community fixtures from the game owners... seems such a natural thing to do, these people have shelled hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars over the years just to preserve those spots, and you ask someone to shell even more money for no extra load on their service (its basically a few megabytes of space and no extra bandwidth, ridiculous IMO. They also deleted the content of my old accounts, server birth rares and all my seer items, official reason in e-mail "we needed space on our servers" *not kidding I still have the e-mail* Isn't this the most ridiculous thing you ever heard in a MMO ? space ? really you needed 10 megabytes so urgently you were willing to lose a 10 year+ customer over it ? Ridiculous is a euphemism here...
Or... Pay for your account and your **** wont get deleted? Seems pretty simple to me.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It really sucks he lost his houses.

This pay once every three months to hold houses and items needs to stop.
It should be after 90 of not paying if you still want your houses you have to pay for all three months in full or you lose the house and items.
Its not fair to those of us that have never played the housing roulette game. It needs to end. Its hard to feel sorry for people that decided to cheat and lose.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED

It should be after 90 of not paying if you still want your houses you have to pay for all three months in full or you lose the house and items.
Its not fair to those of us that have never played the housing roulette game. It needs to end. Its hard to feel sorry for people that decided to cheat and lose.
Bonnie could team up with some bank to offer a UO credit card that would cover any of those missed months of payments.

AhuA

Visitor

I do agree, but this thread is mostly about long held blessed locations. Some of those should still stand.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

its not really unfair since everyone has the opportunity to do it. But I don’t feel bad if they roll the dice and lose, which is more often than not.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've paid for 2 accounts for what seems like ages. Barely any rares and not much else worthy of spending the money. I don't play at all but I log in once a while and look.

If the items ment that much I'd pay or sell them but the 3 month gamble is silly.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Main accounts
#1 303 months 25 years 3 months $3030
#2 261 months 21 years 9 months $2610
total $5640

#3 14 years closed down sizing

I just wonder how many accounts that play the 90 day game could have paid all that time and hade shard shields?