• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good bye Chessy

• Thread starter Trinity North
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Trinity North

I held out against hope for the past several months. I had hoped that the guild I once knew and loved would be turned over to my hand picked successor and would not die. That day has finally arrived and it brings much relief. In that hope, I had hoped that I might be able to return to my much beloved guild. That day will never be. Those who betrayed me in the first place have finally pushed the dagger too deep. My good friend has had the difficult decision of telling me that I am not allowed to return because there are those who can not forgive and will not leave the past in the past.

Out of deep respect for him, I am not going to push the subject.

Volrina, I wish you only the best. I know you can revive UTB and bring about the good times we once had. You have always been a very dear friend and an amazing companion these past few years. I can't even begin to explain how your sole presence kept me in this game far past my time.

As for those of you who can not forgive and move past....I hope you don't follow the same errors in your real lives. You can and will lose very dear friends. We all learn lessons from our errors, but you have to see them before you can move on.

I will be on a few times in the next week to finalize a few things. I have a few items that I would like to give certain people. I also have to decide what to do with my Zento house. If anyone is in need or desires a good rune library and also a good reading library, please let me know. I would hate for all that work and all that history to be wasted.

I've had some very good times and some very troubled times. I would rather go out on a good note, but sometimes we have to accept when our time has come. Please remember that this is a game for everyone enjoyment. That when you can not forgive someone, you destroy not only their enjoyment, but that of others also.

God speed and farewell.

Trinity North

G

I forgive you! But then again I am not aware of anything you are suppose to have done. Maybe I should forgive you for leaving as soon as I start playing again?
Trin. Thanks for being there when UTB needed a leader. I still know you were the best person to do that. It is not an easy thing holding it together and you had some big obstacles to overcome in dealing with issues within the guild. One day those same people will realize that these are just some pixels being pushed about on the monitor and they don't define who we are. Staying true to your morals and beliefs was something I never saw you compromise on.
Take care of yourself and again, you were the right choice.

G

Trinity, I am loosing a dear friend if you leave. -(only in a way, for you shall always be in my heart of memories)

Please keep the library together, and contact me. We shall find a new home for all the efforts that you put into it. I know there is some fantastic works there, and if need be, I would place it into the Observatory until a suitable curator is found. I know that some of the other libraries might even dedicate an entire floor to hold your works.

I've no idea what has transpired, but as for me, you have always been a pillar of the community! I truly hope you do not leave, but you know what is best for yourself.

As always, "Good Journeys," My friend. I am proud to call you friend and you shall never be forgotten, and will be missed.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Post deleted by Lord Gareth

E

Envinyatar80

Trin, I have to agree with Gareth on this one. I have known you for a few years now and I have never known you to allow other people to make your decisions for you. I understand that I cannot begin to know what happened in my absence, but I also know that you are a fighter. A wise man once told me that it is our actions that define us. By allowing the will of a small few to govern you, you do yourself no justice. Heed Gareth's words and strike out on your own. You have friends here who do not want to see you leave. We all know that this game has evolved and we too must evolve or perish. It is your chance to shine now. Please let the past go and look to the future.

I

imported_Volrina

Trinity you were the one that guilded me, you were the one that promoted me, and you were the one that made me your second. I fell in love with UTB because of what you taught me of it. If I ask you to tell me what to do you will say that I am going to be the guild leader and I need to make that decision. If I put myself in your shoes which is what you would want me to do then I have to look at the current guild members the ones that I am supposed to serve.

So I'll ask anyway because your the reason I play this game; what do you want me to do?

T

Trinity North

Volrina....like you said you are probably my best friend in game. You also know me too well. You are to be guild leader and have to make that decision about what to do. I've been out of UTB since Nexus virtually made it impossible for me to remain in UTB, espically after he banned me from the forums and deleted my posts.

You do have to look at the current membership and analyze any decision you make based on their reaction, but you also cannot disregard your own thoughts. You have to find a balance between the two. You, just as much as I did, have to do what we think is best for the guild. When I made many of my decisions, it was based on what I thought was best for the guild. Not all of them were popular and some people left because of the decisions I had to make. That is one of the hardest parts of doing what we do and it extends well beyond UO. Not everyone all the time is going to like the decisions we make. We just have to stick by those decisions, right or wrong. Just remember, that unlike some people, it is not a bad thing to admit when your wrong. Accept it and move on.

Just make sure you think about those who speak out, what might be their motive. Are they stating facts or are they speaking their own mind? Are they thinking what is best for the guild or for them?

And one of the most important things, do not ever let someone hold something over you. Website, forums, whatever. When I took over, I had to create a new forum. We did quite well if you remember. Much better than the current website is doing now. Sometimes, simplicity is all you need.

I am sure you will do what is best for all. I have faith in you or I never would have promoted you to assistant GM, hand picked you as my successor, and stand by you now. You are and always will be a great friend. (I'm not angry with you Andy. :p)

I

imported_Hinotori

Trinity, I'm sorry you decided you need to leave UO and I have always wished you the best.

There are two side to every story, though. People on this forum have only seen once side. And assumptions where made.

Yes, a vote was discussed. It didn't happen because of how the UO guild system takes the votes. How is it fair to vote when most of the people who would be counted never play and those that do only had the choice of quitting since even if all voted for a new GM they wouldn't get them?

As the only active EM and only active person in leadership for the last 6 or so months before I left, I was getting blamed for not running enough events and recruiting people in. Do you know how it feels when you're being asked by members why the guild leader is never on?

The situation was hopeless and the stress of it was causing me RL medical issues. So I left.

A week after I left I hear that Trin made Nexus the guild leader. Ok, all fine and good. Trin was still an EM in the guild and had power. Nex wanted his help on making a smoothe transition and his knowledge.

Then Trin heard that we had discussed a vote and we suddenly all had betrayed him...

Now it is most likely an issue of trust. Once a dog bites you, how do you know it won't bite you again? You pet it and are nice to it, but that bite left scars and you don't fully trust it. That trust has to be earned back.

Why not invest some time and earn that trust back? I know someone whom I didn't trust, that proved to me she could be trusted.

T

Trinity North

Aye, I would agree with that summary.

But the only question that remains, is did anything change with the new GM?

I will freely admit that I had overreacted a bit, but since none of my concerns were being addressed, I was getting aggravated. Nexus would not speak to me in private or public.

I would have been ok helping the guild out in any capacity, the part that made me so angry is that there were those who were considering trying to vote me out WITH OUT SPEAKING TO ME FIRST. And please don't anyone say that they could not contact me when I had my email address and phone number listed on the forums. I also checked icq. Anyone could have left me a PM on stratics or on our old forums. So the action that was attempted was done so without speaking to the me first.

That is the whole story from both sides. No flames, just facts.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Post deleted by Lord Gareth

K

ken01

I have never been in Utb And do not know many there . But my view is a guilds like a family there is no way everyone will get along or even like each other. I say unless the person did something like steal from a guildie or go around killing their guildies let them back in. most people in guilds do things with those they like for the majority of time anyway . Treat the big whole guild events like the holidays with your family you may not be so close to. try to be civil and heal rez and support each other as yu would any guildie. In time friendship and trust may even come back

G

Seifer here, old friend. As most people know, I've been without internet for about the past 2 years or so. I have zero clue as to what has happened, nor do I really want to know all the details. What I do know, is that you and many other members of UTB made the game great to me again just as I was considering leaving the game. There were also people from other guilds that helped with that. I just happened to meet them after joining UTB. It wasn't the guild, it was the people. Sometime in the next couple of weeks, I'm coming back ingame (still working on money issues) and I hope like hell that your still around. Start another guild like Gareth suggested. I'll join, for you and the great people that you tend to draw to you.

G

I'm not picking sides here, but when was this the Dirty Laundry forum?

H

Harvest Moon

This thread needs to be locked. Nothing positive can come out of this.

H

HiroProtagonist

Trin,
Sorry to see ya' go. As others have said, don't let others make that decision for you, however.

Tancred,
You are spot on. Nothing good can come of an airing of grievances in public.

G

Ok .. Well lets see .. I still dont kno what to say .. Trin .. U and I had a good run .. I enjoyed the hunting and being in UTB together 3 years of a friendship I wrecked ...I think U leaving game is not the answer .. But ... I dont kno what the right answer is .. I understand why decisions were made .. I have no say anymore ... U have friends here No matter what u think and I told u that earlier ... There is life after UTB I wont go as far as gareth did because I care about UTB and cause hes always spoke his mind but Just because u cant get back in .. There are other guilds...but only you can make that decision .. Ive learned alot in a year and I know one thing .. Friends remain friends even with out UO ... or Chessy or Guild tags ... If u left this game tomorrow your friends would still be your friends ... and if they want to stay in touch they will ...

I dont kno anymore than that ... But I guess some how I thought one day things would all be ok ...

G

Ok .. Well lets see .. I still dont kno what to say .. Trin .. U and I had a good run .. I enjoyed the hunting and being in UTB together 3 years of a friendship I wrecked ...I think U leaving game is not the answer .. But ... I dont kno what the right answer is .. I understand why decisions were made .. I have no say anymore ... U have friends here No matter what u think and I told u that earlier ... There is life after UTB I wont go as far as gareth did because I care about UTB and cause hes always spoke his mind but Just because u cant get back in .. There are other guilds...but only you can make that decision .. Ive learned alot in a year and I know one thing .. Friends remain friends even with out UO ... or Chessy or Guild tags ... If u left this game tomorrow your friends would still be your friends ... and if they want to stay in touch they will ...

I dont kno anymore than that ... But I guess some how I thought one day things would all be ok ...

T

Trinity North

My suggestion to you Harvest, is as a leader of UTB (break or not), you and the leadership of UTB, should and need to handle matters of greivance in private. Since y'all locked me out of the forums and refused to speak to me, the matter remained unresolved.

As for dirty laundry, my post was stating I was leaving the game. I stated my reasons. That was that. Curiosity got the best of some and Ryo posted an explaination. I responded to that explaination.

Now the Volrina and Gareth thing....ya got me on that one.

There have been some flames, but if those two keep their tempers on simmer, maybe this situation can be resolved and peace will once again reign supreme.

So, Harvest, you don't have to read the thread or contribute to it. Don't like it, avoid it.

T

Trinity North

My suggestion to you Harvest, is as a leader of UTB (break or not), you and the leadership of UTB, should and need to handle matters of greivance in private. Since y'all locked me out of the forums and refused to speak to me, the matter remained unresolved.

As for dirty laundry, my post was stating I was leaving the game. I stated my reasons. That was that. Curiosity got the best of some and Ryo posted an explaination. I responded to that explaination.

Now the Volrina and Gareth thing....ya got me on that one.

There have been some flames, but if those two keep their tempers on simmer, maybe this situation can be resolved and peace will once again reign supreme.

So, Harvest, you don't have to read the thread or contribute to it. Don't like it, avoid it.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Im not gunna write Volrina a love song.
Cuz she asked for it.
Cuz she needs one.
Im not gunna write her a love song.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Cuz she asked for it.
Cuz she needs one.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Cuz she asked for it.
Cuz she needs one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except Volrina is a he.....

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Cuz she asked for it.
Cuz she needs one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except Volrina is a he.....

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Just following the sig she has.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Just following the sig she has.

G

Wow, I think that I've met most all of you that are involved in this thread.
I think that you are all fantastic...and though this is RE to Trinity, it is a general message for all - gonna put my two cents in.

I do not know what the discordance is all about.

No one has really been truly rude yet, but it appears to be heading that way.

Make up, &amp; be friends at least cordially with some private messages and such, so that things do not go totally sour with this.

Love and Peace

G

Wow, I think that I've met most all of you that are involved in this thread.
I think that you are all fantastic...and though this is RE to Trinity, it is a general message for all - gonna put my two cents in.

I do not know what the discordance is all about.

No one has really been truly rude yet, but it appears to be heading that way.

Make up, &amp; be friends at least cordially with some private messages and such, so that things do not go totally sour with this.

Love and Peace

C

Cirianara

Trin,

If you posted on the Stratics forums the way you posted on the UTB forums, you would have been banned here as well. You banned people from the UTB boards for far less. Please don't come here and make it sound like the guild, and Nex in particular, banned you for no reason other then to be mean and spiteful.

You've complained that the people who wanted a change in the guild did not speak to you first. There were MONTHS of posts expressing discontent in the guild, including posts from members of our alliances. There were a number of people who left the guild or even stepped down from leadership positions who provided detailed feedback. There were many private icq's to you asking you to change your course of action in certain situations, and you did nothing to stem the tide. Your response was simply to log in less and even hold your accounts inactive for months at a time. There is no reason why anyone in the guild would believe that another post, or another icq, would change your course. The guild should not have needed to reach the point of mutiny to get your attention.

After you voluntarily handed over guild leadership and then changed your mind, you had two courses of action. You could have remained an active member of the guild and proven you were a better leader, and proven to the rest of the guild that you were once again commited to the guild, or you could have tried to undermine the current leadership, create dissention, and try to pull more members from the guild. We know which path you decided to follow, and continue to follow.

Ryo is right, it's a matter of trust.

Rowan of UTB

C

Cirianara

Trin,

If you posted on the Stratics forums the way you posted on the UTB forums, you would have been banned here as well. You banned people from the UTB boards for far less. Please don't come here and make it sound like the guild, and Nex in particular, banned you for no reason other then to be mean and spiteful.

You've complained that the people who wanted a change in the guild did not speak to you first. There were MONTHS of posts expressing discontent in the guild, including posts from members of our alliances. There were a number of people who left the guild or even stepped down from leadership positions who provided detailed feedback. There were many private icq's to you asking you to change your course of action in certain situations, and you did nothing to stem the tide. Your response was simply to log in less and even hold your accounts inactive for months at a time. There is no reason why anyone in the guild would believe that another post, or another icq, would change your course. The guild should not have needed to reach the point of mutiny to get your attention.

After you voluntarily handed over guild leadership and then changed your mind, you had two courses of action. You could have remained an active member of the guild and proven you were a better leader, and proven to the rest of the guild that you were once again commited to the guild, or you could have tried to undermine the current leadership, create dissention, and try to pull more members from the guild. We know which path you decided to follow, and continue to follow.

Ryo is right, it's a matter of trust.

Rowan of UTB

I

imported_fyr

Trin,

Do what I did when there was trouble in my guild, I struck out on my own and started another. Some will likely join you, that is what happened with me. At any rate hang on.. if you think about it do you really really want to leave Sosaria?

Ciri&gt;, is that you? Haven't seen you in forever. How goes? I'm getting married soon, honeymoon in St Martin! Woot!!!

I

imported_fyr

Trin,

Do what I did when there was trouble in my guild, I struck out on my own and started another. Some will likely join you, that is what happened with me. At any rate hang on.. if you think about it do you really really want to leave Sosaria?

Ciri&gt;, is that you? Haven't seen you in forever. How goes? I'm getting married soon, honeymoon in St Martin! Woot!!!

C

Cirianara

It's meeeeeee!!!!!!!

It's going great, baby #3 on the way. Congrats on the wedding, I am so happy for you! You've waited a long time to find the right person and deserve all the happiness in the world.

C

Cirianara

It's meeeeeee!!!!!!!

It's going great, baby #3 on the way. Congrats on the wedding, I am so happy for you! You've waited a long time to find the right person and deserve all the happiness in the world.

T

Trinity North

I'm glad you hacked my icq and my pm's because I don't recall MONTHS of either of those expressing discontent.

As for the banning, if the leadership had stepped up and TALKED TO ME, then it would have been a nice civil discussion. But no, y'all hid. Speaking of change....answer this Rowan:

DID ANY CHANGES (minus new forums and a website) OCCUR AFTER I WAS TERMINATED?

I'm still waiting for an answer for that one.

Yes, I voluntarily stepped down because I thought it was right for the guild. That was until I found out later that y'all were plotting to try and over throw me. You want to talk about TRUST????? That is one serious breach of trust if you ask me.

As for people leaving, people come and go at will. We had an open door policy and if people were discontented, then they had the right to find a guild that suited their needs. No one asked you or anyone else to stay.

As for being mean and spiteful, take a look in the mirror one day. You speak your mind and I always respected you for that, but you only see one truth. Your truth. There are two sides to every conflict. Try looking past your own nose once in a while.

T

Trinity North

I'm glad you hacked my icq and my pm's because I don't recall MONTHS of either of those expressing discontent.

As for the banning, if the leadership had stepped up and TALKED TO ME, then it would have been a nice civil discussion. But no, y'all hid. Speaking of change....answer this Rowan:

I'm still waiting for an answer for that one.

Yes, I voluntarily stepped down because I thought it was right for the guild. That was until I found out later that y'all were plotting to try and over throw me. You want to talk about TRUST????? That is one serious breach of trust if you ask me.

As for people leaving, people come and go at will. We had an open door policy and if people were discontented, then they had the right to find a guild that suited their needs. No one asked you or anyone else to stay.

As for being mean and spiteful, take a look in the mirror one day. You speak your mind and I always respected you for that, but you only see one truth. Your truth. There are two sides to every conflict. Try looking past your own nose once in a while.

C

Cirianara

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What Nex did or did not do does not change the fact that you had not actively led the guild for months leading up to your resignation. You keep falling back on that argument against Nex like it somehow makes a difference. It doesn't.

C

Cirianara

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What Nex did or did not do does not change the fact that you had not actively led the guild for months leading up to your resignation. You keep falling back on that argument against Nex like it somehow makes a difference. It doesn't.

T

Trinity North

How does it not? Y'all wanted to remove me as GL because I was inactive. Well, from what I've heard and from Nexus' own admission, he was absent just as much or more than I was. So how does it not make a difference, if that was the entire reason for your attempt to remove me?

I'll wait patiently for a good explaination.

T

Trinity North

How does it not? Y'all wanted to remove me as GL because I was inactive. Well, from what I've heard and from Nexus' own admission, he was absent just as much or more than I was. So how does it not make a difference, if that was the entire reason for your attempt to remove me?

I'll wait patiently for a good explaination.

C

Cirianara

The difference being that when Nex recognized his inability to devote enough time to the guild he handed over leadership to someone who had the desire to lead, and he did it without ranting to anyone who would listen that we were screwing him.

If we'd followed your preferred course of action, we'd still be sitting here with you not leading the guild or even bothering to keep your accounts active. Somehow that would be better for UTB? We made a move to improve the guild, it didn't work out, so we try something new.

Nex didn't have a burning desire to be guild leader. If you'd followed my original advice to stay in the guild and prove your commitment to be active in the guild again leadership would have been transfered back to you. You are the one who brought it to this point.

Rowan of UTB

C

Cirianara

The difference being that when Nex recognized his inability to devote enough time to the guild he handed over leadership to someone who had the desire to lead, and he did it without ranting to anyone who would listen that we were screwing him.

If we'd followed your preferred course of action, we'd still be sitting here with you not leading the guild or even bothering to keep your accounts active. Somehow that would be better for UTB? We made a move to improve the guild, it didn't work out, so we try something new.

Nex didn't have a burning desire to be guild leader. If you'd followed my original advice to stay in the guild and prove your commitment to be active in the guild again leadership would have been transfered back to you. You are the one who brought it to this point.

Rowan of UTB

T

Trinity North

No Rowan. That is one thing that we cannot prove. Nexus desired the leadership position or he and the rest of you would have chosen someone else. He proved that by his campaign promises to improve the guild and also his alliance with Pax which has floundered. So please don't try to pull the wool over my eyes and tell me he didn't desire it. At that point in time, he most certainly did.

As for your claims of waiting for someone who did want to run the guild. Lets not forget to made Volrina the assistant GM and also the successor to UTB. I believe that was me. So for all the claims that you are trying to make, they are excuses for failure.

Funny thing is, I'm not looking to get UTB back. I am very pleased with Volrina and his gaining the leadershp spot of UTB. As I said above, I named him successor. What would be nice would be an apology and a statement "of we screwed up. Our bad."

As far as trust, I think everyone of you who particpated in that coup have ruined any future trust between yourselves and a lot of folks. I think a reference to the mutiny on the Bounty is a good example here. You failed. You lost any respect or trust you may have had. Once a dog bites, whos to say it won't bite again, right?

T

Trinity North

No Rowan. That is one thing that we cannot prove. Nexus desired the leadership position or he and the rest of you would have chosen someone else. He proved that by his campaign promises to improve the guild and also his alliance with Pax which has floundered. So please don't try to pull the wool over my eyes and tell me he didn't desire it. At that point in time, he most certainly did.

As for your claims of waiting for someone who did want to run the guild. Lets not forget to made Volrina the assistant GM and also the successor to UTB. I believe that was me. So for all the claims that you are trying to make, they are excuses for failure.

Funny thing is, I'm not looking to get UTB back. I am very pleased with Volrina and his gaining the leadershp spot of UTB. As I said above, I named him successor. What would be nice would be an apology and a statement "of we screwed up. Our bad."

As far as trust, I think everyone of you who particpated in that coup have ruined any future trust between yourselves and a lot of folks. I think a reference to the mutiny on the Bounty is a good example here. You failed. You lost any respect or trust you may have had. Once a dog bites, whos to say it won't bite again, right?

C

Cirianara

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether or not it was a mistake.

However, since it's been what how many? months since you quit UTB and you don't want it back, it might be time to change your sig.

Rowan of UTB

T

Trinity North

Sharp, very sharp. Are you embarrassed by my sig? Disgraced? I kinda like it. Shows what we once were. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. I think my sig shows that you must be wary of who you place your trust in.

But I think I've proved my point to our audience.

C

Cirianara

All it shows me is that you are still clinging to the hope of getting the past back. But then, that was clear from your first post.

I think I've proved my point to our audience, too.

Rowan of UTB

I

imported_Hinotori

What Coup? You keep complaining about this thing that never happened.

If it would have happened, I'd have removed everyone from the guild and filled it with people to vote ME in then kicked you. Considering there where 5 people actively playing when we talked about getting a new guild leader, that was a valid option.