• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Giant and Fire Beetle point allocation from start to end

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use the crazed mage to level pets so they do not need HP to train after first round.

First level of training: (1 to 2 slot)

1. Set Stamina to MAXIMUM
2. Set Dexterity to MAXIMUM
3. Set resists where you want them
4. I put 100 more in HP
5. Rest in Strength

Second level of Training: (2 to 3 slot)

1. Set the HP regen to Max
2. Set the Mana regen to Max
3. Set the Stam regen to 5 or 10 (I do 5)
4. Rest in Strength

Third level of training: (3 to 4 slot)

1. Get the Strength to Maximum
2. Rest in HP

Last level of training: (4 to 5 slot)

Decide what abilities you want. I recommend AI and Rune corruption
There is also a FWW build.
Fire beetles can get a second special Move

1. Max the Base damage per second.

Have to go in order for specials: Otherwise you can not get them all. So decide what you want.

2. Add an area if you want one. (Goo) Only on Fire Beetle
3. Add Armor Ignore (fire beetle can get another special move)
4. Add Rune Corruption
5. Can Add poison if you like

6. Add the scrolls you want. Put at least 105s on it. May have to get Wrestling to 100 before Parry is a choice.

7. If you did all the above, you can add more HP.

8. Enjoy your new pet.

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nothing added to mana? Ty for this guide! Haven't made a beetle yet

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nothing added to mana? Ty for this guide! Haven't made a beetle yet

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
They start with 500 Mana. They do not use mana very quickly because of the limited abilities.

There is plenty of points. You could add Mana in place of more HP if you desire.

If I have a pet for a specific slowish re spawning target I will add more mana to the pet so it does not run out.

Players are starting to keep mana at 400 to 500 now. Pets use the regens.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only do the pets that have enough points for all of the things I consider a good base build.

There is not a lot of room to put AI/Chiv on one.

You will have to reduce HP or leave off some of the add ons to make one of those. These posters would have a fit if I told someone to leave off adding cold and poison resists to get the other things that make up the good base build.

Basically you need to do a few things:

Stamina Max
Dex Max
strength 700 (if possible)
Mana 300 - 400
Increased resists that match the damage of intended targets
Mana regeneration (multiple sources)
at least 110 scrolls (120 for magic other than magery)
Max the base damage per second in last round

Things that are nice to have:

Hit Point Regen
higher scrolls added to the pet
more mana regen (multiple sources) Which are Mana Regen, Mediation, Intel
All resist points used
Stam regen (only needed for about 5 mob attacks that reduce stamina or letting the pets HP go low)
Higher Hit Points
Higher mana

You can do this in the first round:

max dex and stam
get the strength as high as you can
mana 300
resists how you want them
add HP or regens

Then you have 1 round to get str to 700 set regens and increase other things you want.

Last round is for:
max damage per sec
AI and Chiv
scrolls
a few points left over

Last edited:

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the topic, but why don't you use the 2 special move tactic?

Attachments

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tried to get a basic build. I mentioned the FWW build.

Giant Beetles can not get two special moves and Rune Corruption.

I like the Mortal strike add on. I use it on My Ki Rin.
I will edit 2 special moves in. Thanks. Hope it does not cause confusion

AI and RC are the most important. Take the Beetle to Test Center in last round if you want to try other builds.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have a guide like such for Fire Steeds and other tames?
These stop at last round because they have many options. Make a new thread at that point and get input for what are good abilities for where you want to take the pet. I also dont want to tell others what their pet needs to end up like. I have each color Cu and they all have different abilities and magics. (Lieutenant Dan has my Blaze Cu build)

Cu Sidhe
Hiryu
Lesser Hiryu

My Cu Sidhes:
Cu Sidhe Builds

Some other pets can get builds similar but those have fewer total points to use.
All of these builds kills stuff, But pets with AI/Chiv are generally more effective.

Last edited:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sorry for being way off topic, but fire steeds don't have magery. They only have Dragon Breath.

Back on topic, while I think putting max mana regen on in the 2nd round is fine, in a way it's kind of a waste too. Fire beetles and giant beetles have a clean slate as far as abilities go, so wouldn't it be better to use the 360 points for MR in STR instead? I can see it being a cleaner way to do things, "get the regens out of the way" in one swoop but I've waited a round with the MR to get HP and STR up a bit more.

In the end, I've used a similar build to the OP but done it a bit differently. And so long as you get the basics in, Max Stam/Dex, Max STR, regens, Max base damage (final round) and resists set. A bug can be a great pet! The ones I've built, I've stuck with just AI/RC/Poisoning, simply because I'm more of a less is more kind of person. I really don't like overloading any pet with too many abilities

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
[Sorry for being way off topic, but fire steeds don't have magery. They only have Dragon Breath.
I was going to correct him but....

In the end, I've used a similar build to the OP but done it a bit differently. And so long as you get the basics in, Max Stam/Dex, Max STR, regens, Max base damage (final round) and resists set. A bug can be a great pet! The ones I've built, I've stuck with just AI/RC/Poisoning, simply because I'm more of a less is more kind of person. I really don't like overloading any pet with too many abilities
We build our beetles cleaner, without poisoning, sometimes without AI as we want them runecorrupting as much as possible.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry for being way off topic, but fire steeds don't have magery. They only have Dragon Breath.

Back on topic, while I think putting max mana regen on in the 2nd round is fine, in a way it's kind of a waste too. Fire beetles and giant beetles have a clean slate as far as abilities go, so wouldn't it be better to use the 360 points for MR in STR instead? I can see it being a cleaner way to do things, "get the regens out of the way" in one swoop but I've waited a round with the MR to get HP and STR up a bit more.

I put points in Str first because I hope it makes them hit more and gain faster to 100%. I make the steps so the regens in one round so the player does not have to go from one menu to another as much.

These guides are for new or casual players. If you know what you are doing you can put the things on in any order and end up at the same destination.

Last edited:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That makes total sense to me. There have been pets (mares for one) that I pack all the regens I’m after in one round, that way, it’s done and I don’t need to look later. So I do see the ease in doing the regens in a single round :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If somebody who I am helping seems shaky I will tell them to set the stamina to 140. When I see they know how to not max things Ill then tell them the end result.

I've had a few that when I say set value to X. I lore the pet and they maxxed it...

Thats another reason I try to set the highest point things early in the round. That way they do not have many points left to max something that was not supposed to be max.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Giant Beetles can not get two special moves and Rune Corruption.
They can, it's just that you have to add Rune Corruption AFTER the special moves.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Just finished building a new giant beetle on my discord tamer. I only put RC and armor pierce on him. Plan to use him mostly for the roof and other group hunting events, so he'll increase damage output for everyone and at the end I can load him up with gold/items.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This guide is not a very good way to give stats to a beetle and actually makes it harder for a person to train their pet. I would not follow this at all. Also I would be careful following his recommendation of AI and RC, depending upon what you are wanting to your beetle to do.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the useless input. Since you gave no alternative. AI/RC work great great on a beetle for most content. Plenty of dead roof bosses and peerless will agree.

I can tell you the exact reason I do them in that order but you probably wouldn't understand.
Since when is it difficult to train a pet by setting resists first? And building the base. Please explain.

Do you have constructive input or just like to troll my posts?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Khaelor

I and others would really like to know why you would not choose to make your pet in training not have:

Resistance
max walk speed
max swing speed

As soon as possible

First level of training: (1 to 2 slot)

1. Set Stamina to MAXIMUM
2. Set Dexterity to MAXIMUM
3. Set resists where you want them
4. I put 100 more in HP
5. Rest in Strength

They start with small HP I like to put the HP higher for the next training rounds. Str has to be 700 at some point.

Pretty funny that your pets and my pets have the same base builds but mine are wrong.

Which leads to the next post.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Giant Beetle Challenge!

Open to everyone.

I will put my Giant Beetle up against your Giant Beetle.

Rules: This is a pet challenge not a toon template challenge.

1. Can heal and cure your pet by any method.
2. Can not Bless or Buff pet in any way. (other than running a mastery. Any of your choice.)
3. Only the pet can damage the mob.
4. Time pet from start to mobs death determines best pet build.
5. Pet must be solo.
6. 1 tamer 1 pet.
7. Tamer can not debuff the Mob.
8. No unfair advantage I didnt think of.

Possible Mobs.

Great Ape
Paragon Balron
Dimetrasaur
Allosaurus

Something else that takes more than 2 minutes but not > 10 . Like Navrey. Also must be easy to get to the mob and space to clear other mobs away.

Notice most or all of those can not be poisoned and none have low physical resist.

You must show the Mobs stats and resists. Must show pet template so others can see.

Challenge is issued. Will @Khaelor accept? I doubt it.

A saying we used when I was younger. Put up or Shut up.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bump for new and returning players.
I bumped thread for New and returning players.

A 105 scrolled AI/RC Giant Beetle can do most content those players are interested in. Even spawns.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
3. Only the pet can damage the mob.
Rules: This is a pet challenge not a toon template challenge.
Erm, and the point of your silly challenge is???

The whole idea of a beetle with RC is that it helps GROUP damage, for everyone (just like AP does), so this whole challenge you suggest is completely meaningless? "Best Pet" is VERY circumstantial, not determined by the damage of just that pet. We may still have a lot to learn about the pet training options, but this whole point seems pretty obvious?

As for the training order, why dex at the start? We pick that during the last round, if at all. For ridable pets it seems less important? We personally usually pick a skill or ability rightaway, esp if it is something like feint or FWW, so they can go build up the Ninjitsu/Bushido skill already while training for the next levels. (And meditation too.) Also we add the HPR and MR in the first round if we can, as that too helps with the training onwards.

Str has to be 700 at some point.
??? Due to their innate 500 Int, Beetles go max to 679 Str no? And that is without Dex.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Erm, and the point of your silly challenge is???

The whole idea of a beetle with RC is that it helps GROUP damage, for everyone (just like AP does), so this whole challenge you suggest is completely meaningless? "Best Pet" is VERY circumstantial, not determined by the damage of just that pet. We may still have a lot to learn about the pet training options, but this whole point seems pretty obvious?

As for the training order, why dex at the start? We pick that during the last round, if at all. For ridable pets it seems less important? We personally usually pick a skill or ability rightaway, esp if it is something like feint or FWW, so they can go build up the Ninjitsu/Bushido skill already while training for the next levels. (And meditation too.) Also we add the HPR and MR in the first round if we can, as that too helps with the training onwards.

??? Due to their innate 500 Int, Beetles go max to 679 Str no? And that is without Dex.
OMG change it to Max I am sure you get the idea.

Beetles work fine solo and in groups. As do all 5 slot trainable pets.

1 reason to do Dex and Stamina first. Either of those not set to max will ruin a pet. I have seen too many players forget. And you are not riding the pet while he is training. Is there really a better place to use those 15 ish points than at the beginning?

Resists are more important to set first than regens. You barely need to heal after resists are set. So, no need for regens at this point.

Thanks for the reply. Now I know K will come defend whatever you say.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Both Beetles are fine pets for Solo if they have a good build.

New and returning players should build one of each.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We may still have a lot to learn about the pet training options, but this whole point seems pretty obvious?
Yup. What is the best beetle build for a returning or new player. They can build other types when they find a group or want to experiment with helping the pet kill stuff more.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you want to play the pet and tamer game. My dog and I killed a Paragon Balron in 30 seconds.

leloyon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've managed to ruin the first Fire Beetle I've attempted to train. Had I seen this post earlier, I wouldn't be waiting a week for another to bond. So thanks, man!

Also, afaik, as long as the stats ultimately meet the standard build of whatever creature you're training, it shouldn't matter what order you slap your points towards, no? I mean, other than Base Damage? I'm sure there's optimal ways to train a pet so it doesn't die as much. But if it does die while it's bonded,why care at all? Skill loss at such an early progression is no big deal, especially with whispering imo.

koziar

Visitor
Hey, what would be better for no PS pet, lesser hiryu or giant bettle or Cu shide for roof and other strong mobs? :)

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
i like giant beetle with rune corruption, armour ignore and frenzied whirlwind and you can even add poisoning after all that too if desired.
But others prefer less abilities, so pet uses rc/ai more often for example.

prefer giant beetles as start at slot 1, rideable, and blank canvas

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey, what would be better for no PS pet, lesser hiryu or giant bettle or Cu shide for roof and other strong mobs? :)
You should be able to find some 105 scrolls free or cheap. At least try to get the wrestling higher than GM so if the pet dies it will still have parry. All 3 of those will kill stuff. The Hiryu and beetle do physical damage. Dreadhorn is the only low phy resist strong mob I can think of right now. I helped make a Beetle for a returner with 105s. She uses it for T hunting. Did a Trove map solo the other day.

Also, afaik, as long as the stats ultimately meet the standard build of whatever creature you're training, it shouldn't matter what order you slap your points towards, no? I mean, other than Base Damage?
Exactly. Thats why I can not understand that adding resists immediatly is "harder" for a beginner. Especially a Beetle and some other 1 or two slot pets that have very low resists. You suffer through the first round and the other rounds are a breeze no matter what you do if you add resists first. The only pet I do not put resists on first is a Triton they already have high enough resists to take on any training Mob.

i like giant beetle with rune corruption, armour ignore and frenzied whirlwind and you can even add poisoning after all that too if desired.
But others prefer less abilities, so pet uses rc/ai more often for example.
Those are fine choices for a beetle that works with a group or solo. IMO of course. But I am told I am wrong by certain parties. The FWW is expensive so you need to drop points elsewhere but it does damage.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
OMG change it to Max I am sure you get the idea. But yall like to knit pick to make yourself smarter than me. I am ok with making a mistake as insignificant as that. I was straying to general pet building at that time.
Oh WE get the idea, but since you aim this whole thread at returnees and new players, we don't want them to start wondering: "What did I do wrong, I can't get Str to 700?!"
Admitted, we should have worded it a bit differently last night. We were just annoyed about the time and your challenge aimed at best pet one vs one, as we keep saying "best" pet differs per situation. We think even returnees who deal a lot of magic damage themselves (especially in wraith form) could benefit more from a plain RC beetle than one which has AI as well, though we haven't tested it obviously.

Hey, what would be better for no PS pet, lesser hiryu or giant bettle or Cu shide for roof and other strong mobs?
Something to consider might be that a Lesser Hiryu can have wrestling as high as 120 when wild, so that leaves you with 108 wrestling tamed if you find one of those. But of course it could take a while before you spot one with such high wrestling. You didn't ask, but we have to add Frost Mites could also be an option for overcapped wrestling. Those have 100% cold damage, which helps a lot vs Virtuebane and also can be useful with Anon, depending on what others bring. They can have the Rune corruption, which is always useful!
But as Southpaw wrote above, giant beetles have that advantage of a huge 1600 stones bagpack which is ideal to fill with gold on the roof. Decisions, decisions...
Dreadhorn is the only low phy resist strong mob I can think of right now.
We recently read Serrado also is weak vs physical resists. (Maybe it was even you who wrote that? Thought so, but can't remember for sure.) Which surprised us, since the regular Yamandon are quite OOMPH! when it comes to resists.

koziar

Visitor
thanks for reply! I will try do it one giant bettle like you guys and i will put 115 wrestl and 115 parry + 110 anatomy and tactics for it :) we will see what happend on Roof :) Great guide!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh WE get the idea, but since you aim this whole thread at returnees and new players, we don't want them to start wondering: "What did I do wrong, I can't get Str to 700?!"
Yup. Max is in the building steps. So I didnt confuse them with the steps. :thumbup1:

We were just annoyed about the time and your challenge aimed at best pet one vs one, as we keep saying "best" pet differs per situation.
I say the same thing on LS. But they just keep taking Cus everywhere.

The challenge is a pet build challenge. I think it would be fun to compare Beetles with AI or AP or FWW or some with 2 of those. Of course we all know a Beetle with just RC will not win. Tamers can do so much more than before. A Giant Beetle may not match resists of many things but RC is the equalizer. They are great solo pets for T maps and playing solo with a group at community spawns. You can load up the goodies and gold and be on your way.

Also I think it would be a fun distraction to time encounters and make it a competition. But, some player templates require more fine tuning and button pushing. Not including the Tamer damage would show everyone that their pet with the build they choose will kill stuff and not be that much longer than another build. And some that use their pet solo may find a build that yields more pet damage then the one they are using. I would be up for a tamer and pet competition but I am just going to use my Mage/weaver/tamer or my Archer/tamer. But I do have toons that could turn into other variations and there are plenty of wild pets to make.

We recently read Serrado also is weak vs physical resists. (Maybe it was even you who wrote that? Thought so, but can't remember for sure.) Which surprised us, since the regular Yamandon are quite OOMPH! when it comes to resists.
Yup, Serrado is an anomaly. Set stats and they do not put up a long fight in current groups. We happened to do a spawn and I noticed there were no stats on the web I could find. But for the time period they were created in they were perfect. I used my swordsman who had Magery and Chiv. I was wearing the Helmet and the Chest from the rewards. Back then he put up a longer fight.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thanks for reply! I will try do it one giant bettle like you guys and i will put 115 wrestl and 115 parry + 110 anatomy and tactics for it :) we will see what happend on Roof :) Great guide!
I would suggest just one special and RC. No poison. Have fun!

koziar

Visitor
I need write it, giant bettle form this topic with RC/AI is much better (not full train, still 80 parring and 60 anatome)for me than Cu shide (skills 110) with AI and chiv on roof. Great guide, thanks one more time! Now maybe its time to write guide to best AOE pet for champ? On swrver where i play we have very fast cast So tamer mage sw is best option :))

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Goo is the best of the 3 AoE abilities. But, your thunderstorm does a lot more damage. Goo will cause your pet to target things off the screen and walk away when you need it to be concentrating on a single target.

If you are good at grouping the spawn, a pet with FWW can kill multiples in the group.

I prefer me killing the first levels and the pet takes over in single target mode after that.

But, you can make some Cus to try them out. Goo/AI/mystic would provide area damage. Buy some stable tokens and start having fun building pets.

wintermute

Visitor
Hi pawain I really like your guides and it helped a lot for training my pet.

Got one question for you.
Is there a way to put poisoning, rune corruption and aura of nausea, armor ignore altogether at (4 to 5 slot) for Giant beetle?
For example, select
1.aura of nausea
2.armor ignore
3.rune corruption
4.poisoning
Could this selection be done at 4 slot to 5 slot training stages?

Thankyou.:)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Giant Beetles can not get Area Abilities. So, no Nausea.

Fire Beetle can get some area abilities. If you put poison first you can choose AoN but you can only choose 1 more thing. Either RC or AI. in this case.

1587082414870.png

Can not make the build you want.

Since you have to put a Magic on first (poison) you can only choose 2 more things.

wintermute

Visitor
Giant Beetles can not get Area Abilities. So, no Nausea.

Fire Beetle can get some area abilities. If you put poison first you can choose AoN but you can only choose 1 more thing. Either RC or AI. in this case.

View attachment 107445

Can not make the build you want.

Since you have to put a Magic on first (poison) you can only choose 2 more things.
Ahh okay thank you very much :D

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Any value putting 120s on beetles? Does it make a significant difference, or lower, like 115 or 110?

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Any value putting 120s on beetles? Does it make a significant difference, or lower, like 115 or 110?
That is a very "depends"question.
If you got a crap ton of scrolls lyin around, then why not. Just learn the process so that you don't waste any 120s. There have been so many 120ed pets around lately that have been royally f'ed up.
If you are making a very specific pet for a mob, then yes!
Boils down to input vs output.... is it worth it for you to spend a couple hundred mills to 120 it?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My giant Beetle for TH is 110s across the board. works well enough.
My giant beetle for the roof is mostly 120s and 115s. but it was one of the first ones I did.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain do you have some pictures of that build when u finished it just for refrence ty
They start nearly identical and have plenty of points for the few things they can get.

This one is just AI/RC. Adding Goo and Poison would take off 66 HP. I have always built them with 10 Stam Regen.

1599969499542.png

When returners used to come back, their beetles were bonded and at 1 slot. So, usually that was the best option for them to get right into the fight within a day or two. I would give them 105 or 110 scrolls.

Now the returners have 3 slot beetles so we have to tell them to get new ones and hope they have another pet we can train up so they can fight things soon.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
ty man I just lookin see kinda where u ended up. you said you always did 5stam regen in intro not like a big deal just curious what u roll now u sayin 10 I mean this would seriously break the build... im jk but curious

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
also on more just question then bs point
@Pawain I split my middle resist 65 cold 60 psn not knowing where I may go ther a reason u went low on cold?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also on more just question then bs point
@Pawain I split my middle resist 65 cold 60 psn not knowing where I may go ther a reason u went low on cold?
What shard u on?

Look at the lore screens of what you fight. Very few things do cold or poison damage. All my Cus have cold resist, so I choose poison for everything else. I do the Huntsmaster challenges in Eodon every month so I fight things that do poison damage. We do Dreadhorn a lot also.

But, you can set resists how you want. You could use 110 scrolls and make one like mine and make another with 80 cold resist.

You put scrolls in your backpack and choose them in the increase skill caps section. There is a scroll clicky on TC. You should practice it there first. Also there are gates that make the pet advance from level to level.