• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] General questions

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1. What does Discordance do?
2. What does Tribulation do and how long it stays on?
3. What does Despair do and how long it stays on?

1. What does Discordance do?

What I have found:

Bard FAQ (http://stratics.com/community/threads/bard-faq-a-must-read-for-all-new-bards-updated-2012.168520/):
If successful, your target will lose a percentage of its skills and stats. The percentage lost is dependant on the bard’s Discordance skill. For instance, at 50.0 skill, the target loses 10 from all resistances and 10% from all skills; and at 100.0 skill the target loses 20 from all resistances and 20% from all skills. Once the effect wears off, the target's skill and resistances will return to normal. (Does not affect player characters.)
At 120 skill the target loses 28 points from all resistances and 28% from all skills.
The Bard's Bible (http://stratics.com/community/threads/the-bards-bible-barding-difficulty.168508/):
As of Age of Shadows, Discordance no longer reduces a creature’s stats: strength, dexterity, intelligence, hit points, stamina, and mana. However, Discordance reduces physical resistance, all elemental resistances, and skills by up to 20% at Grandmaster and 28% and Legendary. Swing rate, damage, and chance to evade are directly reduced; this is in addition to the skill reduction of anatomy, tactics, lumberjacking, weapon skill, wrestling, parry, etc. Discordance still lowers a creature’s base barding difficulty.
For example, if I have 100 disco and disco'ed a Fire Daemon:
Base damage: 7-14
Resists: 60/100/-5/20/30
Wrestling: 50
Tactics: 80
Anatomy: 80

than its new stats are:
Base damage: 5.6-11
Resists: 40/80/-25/0/10
Wrestling: 40
Tactics: 64
Anatomy: 64

Is it true?

2. What does Tribulation do and how long it stays on?

What I have found:

http://www.uoguide.com/Bard_Masteries
This is a bard spellsong which disrupts the target's ability to concentrate, reducing their Hit Chance and Spell Damage. The spell song also has the chance of causing any damage taken by the target to cause a burst of direct damage proportional to the damage taken. The amount of direct damage is proportional to the Discordance skill of the bard and the chance for the direct damage to take effect is proportional to the Musicianship skill of the bard. The damage further increases 1.5 times with Slayer instruments. This spell song is affected by the target's Magic Resistance.
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/musicianship/bard-mastery
Target Hit Chance reduced by up to 32%, Spell Damaged reduced by 32%, Damage Taken can trigger additional damage between 20-60% of the damage taken as physical once per second. (Discordance
Based) (Chance to Trigger damage Musicianship Based) affected by the target’s magic resistance. (PvP and specific Mobs only)
Mastery abilities are only broken under 4 conditions.
  1. Interrupted from Damage (I think the threshold is 19 damage or 20)
  2. Out of Mana
  3. Recasting the ability
  4. Target resists, the effects or Max number of rounds reached (Disco Masteries Only
Questions:
- how damage is calculated?
- is amount damage affected by target's Resisting spells?
- how chance to trigger damage is calculated?
- what does the 4th condition to brake a song mean?

3. What does Despair do and how long it stays on?

The same questions as above.

P.S. Also I have a question about real skill vs modified (by jewels) skill difference.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Disco does what you have found and is a great addition to a magic or fighting skill. I have it on a bard archer and a tamer and it makes things easier. I also have a pure bard and it is great with Provoke.

I am afraid I don't know enough about tribulation and despair to answer that for you.

Jewelry works the same as real skill with the exception of the bard mastery songs. You have to have 90 real skill to be able to do the quests and use them.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skill use factors modified skill while All Bard Spellsongs only factor real skill.
Despair:
Strength Decreased by up to 32 ( I think 20 from disco/music and 12 from provo /peace)
Base Damage is 5 per 10 skill points in discordance above 80, 4 points per 10 skill points in musicianship above 80, 3 points per 10 skill points above 90 in peacemaking and provocation
(so up to 36 from disco and musicianship, and 24 more from provo and peace)
Damage vs Non players is increased by 50% Slayers modify base damage by 3x

Tribulation
Reduces Target Hit Chance and SDI by up to 32% (Same calculation as strength for despair)
Bonus Damage amount depends on Disco Skill. ( Up to 32%) 8 per 10 points in disco above 80
Chance to Trigger damage depends on musicianship (Up to 60%) 15% chance per 10 points above 80 ( I think)
Provo and Peacemaking above 90 increase the bonus damage and the trigger chance. Max Damage bonus = 50%. Max Trigger Chance = 84%
Slayer Increase Bonus Damage by 50%. (So 50% would increase to 75%)

Tribulation and Despair

Base Duration varies by skill. 4 rounds at minimum skill (90/90) , 8 rounds at (120/120) skill + 1 round per 10 points above 90 in other bard skills.
Each round is 2 seconds

Tribulation and despair are broken by Damage Taken by bard: Chance to interrupt depends on amount of damage taken and bard skills
Duration complete -Maximum Rounds reached (See above for max round)
Target is out of range (8) from bard
Out of mana for upkeep

In PvP player resist spells skill will reduce the effectiveness of despair (lower damage). Resist also gives target a chance to shrug off the effects (resist) spell song, and terminate it before duration is reached.

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh forgot one important point.

Tribulation is DIRECT damage, not physical.

So if you hit for 100 after resists, if tribulation is triggered and you're at 50% bonus damage, it will hit for an additional 50 direct damage not physical damage.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So if I have 120 music, 120 disco, 0 provo, 0 peace and I use a slayer instrument (PvM) than
Despair damage will be 108 (36 * 3) before resists (and damage type is that i selected on my mastery book)?
and Tribulation gives 60% chance to apply 48% (32 * 1.5) direct damage of damage I did or someone else did?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
There are more questions:

1. Are there a bonus from instrument type? (for example, a bonus from flute vs snakes)

2. I have 90 real + 30 on jewels in music and disco. Is there any penalty if i switch damage after I've disco'ed a mob?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
3. Does it true that effects are halved vs all mobs with 160 barding difficulty?

4. Are there any Fey Slayer instruments?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep 36 base(108 with slayer) is correct for despair. Damage type is whatever was selected on the mastery book AT time of casting. (So if you change it while its already in effect you'll have to recast)
Your numbers are correct for Tribulation as well.

The only factor instruments play is to the direct use of the skills. I believe exceptional instruments increase the chance to successfully discord a mob, but they do not have any effect on the mastery abilities. (Slayers instruments are the only way instruments affect mastery abilities)

Instrument type such as flute/drums/lute etc do not affect any portion of skills or abilities.

Once a Mob is discorded, there is no effect regardless if you change the skill or not.
Bard Skill use take the modified skill, so Discordance will be factored at 120 and won't change unless you re-disco the mob.
For the Mastery Ability, true skill is used for calculations. So 90 real skill + 30 on jewels means your mastery abilities are evaluated at 90 skill not 120. So its the same damage whether you have the jewerly on or not.

Discordance skill effect is halved for mobs with 160 barding difficulty ( I believe but haven't verified)
Mastery Abilities are NOT affected by barding difficulty.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh No Fey slayer instruments I think. (At least I never made any)