• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bard mastery questions

hamburger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is the base mana cost reduced by LMC?

is the upkeep cost reduced by LMC?

how viable are masteries in open field pvp (not choke with para/poison fields)? will taking any pvp break your mastery and trigger the long cool down?

will hiding or invising after you cast a mastery break the mastery?

thanks

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mastery abilities are only broken under 4 conditions.
  1. Interrupted from Damage (I think the threshold is 19 damage or 20)
  2. Out of Mana
  3. Recasting the ability
  4. Target resists, the effects or Max number of rounds reached (Disco Masteries Only

Cast Cost and Upkeep Cost are both affected by LMC

Mastery Abilities will reveal the bard while they are in use.

In a group fight, a bard running the mastery abilities can be helpful. As a solo PvPer the bard masteries are much less viable, since you will get interrupted.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
And what about solo PvM? Can an archer upkeep a mastery (if she/he has enough mana)?

How mastery bonuses interact with caps? For example, can I get 60% HCI, 180 HP, etc?

Elron Pumperknic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on yor archers mana regen and your abilities. I will confirm that stuns my mastery was upkept for discord

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mastery Abilities won't go over the hard caps.
So your DCI will be Capped at even if you have 30 on your suit/weapon and have a bard buffing you with an extra 22. The only way you'd be able to get to that 52 is if you had refinements raising your cap.

Most bard additions count as Magical enhancements and so do not count to item caps. The exception to this rule being the SDI and DI that Inspire gives you. These are applied the same way as item caps. The regeneration abilities are applied as magical enhancements and so are not subject to the item limitations.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Mastery abilities are only broken under 4 conditions.
  1. Interrupted from Damage (I think the threshold is 19 damage or 20)
  2. Out of Mana
  3. Recasting the ability
  4. Target resists, the effects or Max number of rounds reached (Disco Masteries Only)
What does 4th condition mean?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4th condition is PvP
Resist Spells skill can allow players to resist the effects of the disco masteries