• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) @FrejaSP & anyone agreeing with her opinions:

• Thread starter Førsaken
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly... So explain to me why you can't play in the same equipment as a non-factioner would?
Explain why players on Siege should be denied new content because you want to be on equal footing against players who risk more than you do?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drax - You need to stop standing in the way of fixing this shard. You have done more to hurt this shard by derailing topic after topic with your personal attacks and arguing.

Forsaken - Of course it makes more sense to you when I AGREE WITH YOU... of course when I don't agree, it makes no sense whatsoever. rolleyes: Gotcha.

V

Vaelix

Exactly... So explain to me why you can't play in the same equipment as a non-factioner would?
Because we have Statloss and No Guardzone... They are asking for Reward without risk.. Yes obviously you have risk, But they do not have Statloss or Orange at all.

We have Every risk that Non Faction has (Any Player on Siege) *WITH* the Added Bonus of Statloss on Death (Huge) And No Guardzone (Huge).

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Explain why players on Siege should be denied new content because you want to be on equal footing against players who risk more than you do?
I never said they should be denied new content. Stop grasping at straws.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because we have Statloss and No Guardzone... They are asking for Reward without risk.. Yes obviously you have risk, But they do not have Statloss or Orange at all.

We have Every risk that Non Faction has (Any Player on Siege) *WITH* the Added Bonus of Statloss on Death (Huge) And No Guardzone (Huge).
You CHOSE that path, Vaelix. No one forced you into it.

V

Vaelix

You CHOSE that path, Vaelix. No one forced you into it.
So when I break it down and Explain it for exactly what is it, Thats all you have?

You CHOOSE to be Non factions so why should our Gear be removed?

V

Vaelix

I CHOOSE to be be Factions because I dont want to be Non Factions - And everything that Comes with it.

They CHOOSE to be non factions because they dont want to be factions - and everything that comes with it.

Where.. is your logic?

V

Vaelix

I AM IN FACTIONS... and yes, that gear should be removed.
I'm fully aware that you are in factions, I'm saying YOU because You are the one arguing from a Non Faction Standpoint.

F

Førsaken

Forsaken - Of course it makes more sense to you when I AGREE WITH YOU... of course when I don't agree, it makes no sense whatsoever. rolleyes: Gotcha.
I seem to remember you agreeing with me in Vent when we had that meeting. Why? Because you know I'm right. By all means, continue typing this mindless dribble in order to save face.

Want to know the real kicker in all of this? MAJORITY ALREADY VOTED TO LOWER FACTION COSTS IN A PUBLIC POLL LOLOLOL @ You.

The even better kicker? ALL THE NEW FACES WE SEE ARE ENJOYING THEMSELVES IN FACTIONS AND ENJOYING THE FACT THAT WE'RE PLAYING NICE AND WOULD ALSO VOTE YES IN LOWERING FACTION PRICES.

So, in all seriousness, your constant band wagon hopping does nothing but ruin your cause-For you have no credibility.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to remember you agreeing with me in Vent when we had that meeting. Why? Because you know I'm right. By all means, continue typing this mindless dribble in order to save face.

Want to know the real kicker in all of this? MAJORITY ALREADY VOTED TO LOWER FACTION COSTS IN A PUBLIC POLL LOLOLOL @ You.

The even better kicker? ALL THE NEW FACES WE SEE ARE ENJOYING THEMSELVES IN FACTIONS AND ENJOYING THE FACT THAT WE'RE PLAYING NICE AND WOULD ALSO VOTE YES IN LOWERING FACTION PRICES.

So, in all seriousness, your constant band wagon hopping does nothing but ruin your cause-For you have no credibility.
Yet, there really isn't any significant PvP happening. I wonder why that is?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, well if thats the case, I guess faction arty prices don't need to be lowered at all.
Your attempts at saving face have been duly noted.
So have yours.

I don't need to save face. I'm for what benefits the shard as a whole, not just myself.

I vote for faction arty prices to remain the same and for an increased drop in all other arties for everyone else.

F

Førsaken

So have yours.

I don't need to save face. I'm for what benefits the shard as a whole, not just myself.

I vote for faction arty prices to remain the same and for an increased drop in all other arties for everyone else.
I have nothing to save face from, we both know this. Majority of the shard agree with my suggestions and furthermore (being you refuse to reply to facts that make you look stupid), THE SHARD HAS ALREADY VOTED LOWER FACTION COSTS. The votes only go up from there!

Enjoy!

/End of thread for real. :lol:

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not trying to argue here, only trying to refute your statement.....Based on your logic that factions deserve bonuses because on their risk involved.... Reds also risk being attacked anywhere, should they have bonus armor also? And before you say anything about the stat loss that really isn't a loss since you use that time equipping anyway.... do you remember back in the day when reds had stat loss? I even think our stat loss back then was permanent. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as it was a decade or longer ago. But my point is do/did reds deserve bonus armor?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drax - You need to stop standing in the way of fixing this shard. You have done more to hurt this shard by derailing topic after topic with your personal attacks and arguing.
Riiight.

I'm so glad you're no longer a siege representative. Just about everything you've done lately has been to sabotage making Siege a better place.

Keep up the good work!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not trying to argue here, only trying to refute your statement.....Based on your logic that factions deserve bonuses because on their risk involved.... Reds also risk being attacked anywhere, should they have bonus armor also? And before you say anything about the stat loss that really isn't a loss since you use that time equipping anyway.... do you remember back in the day when reds had stat loss? I even think our stat loss back then was permanent. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as it was a decade or longer ago. But my point is do/did reds deserve bonus armor?
Two different systems.

Red/Blue and Faction/Non-faction.

Blues cannot attack and kill anyone they want to, therefore they are not freely attack-able by anyone who would want to kill them.

Reds can attack and kill anyone they want to, therefore they are freely attack-able by anyone who would want to kill them.

Those are the risks and benefits of that system.

Faction players risk statloss (from PvP and even PvM to even killing themselves by using a trapped box for example at the wrong time.) Faction players risk getting attacked by oranges even in guardzones. Therefore Faction players were given the benefits they were given for all of the added risks they endure.

It's plain as day. Damn near the whole of UO understands this... even Trammies understand it. It's mind boggling and amazing there are still a few people here on Siege who can't seem to grasp it...

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two different systems.

Blues cannot attack and kill anyone they want to, therefore they are not freely attack-able by anyone who would want to kill them.

Reds can attack and kill anyone they want to, therefore they are freely attack-able by anyone who would want to kill them.

Faction players risk statloss (from PvP and even PvM to even killing themselves by using a trapped box for example at the wrong time.) Faction players risk getting attacked by oranges even in guardzones. Therefore Faction players were given the benefits they were given for all of the added risks they endure.

It's plain as day. Damn near the whole of UO understands this... even Trammies understand it. It's mind boggling and amazing there are still a few people here on Siege who can't seem to grasp it...

The thing about most of your post is that you say/type a lot of words but you hardly tell us anything with those words. Why can't blues attack who they want? They can attack anyone that a red can attack and vise versa. But all you did was said the exact same thing that Vaelix said only using more words. Do reds deserve bonus armor since they risk being attacked in town or out?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Riiight.

I'm so glad you're no longer a siege representative. Just about everything you've done lately has been to sabotage making Siege a better place.

Keep up the good work!
I am as much a Siege representative as I have ever been. My goal is to keep things fair for everyone who plays here. I don't believe you can say the same and I don't believe you can eloquently defend your position on anything without being condescending and resorting to personal attacks. That is why no one takes you seriously and the same can be said for Forsaken and a couple others.

F

Førsaken

That is why no one takes you seriously and the same can be said for Forsaken and a couple others.
Whatever helps you sleep at night! Facts are facts and everyone clearly sees you for what you really are-Band wagon hopping, no credibility, non-PvPing, drama queen.

Enjoy.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is why no one takes you seriously and the same can be said for Forsaken and a couple others.
Whatever helps you sleep at night! Facts are facts and everyone clearly sees you for what you really are-Band wagon hopping, no credibility, non-PvPing, drama queen.

Enjoy.
LOL Thanks for proving my point. :next:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Riiight.

Keep up the good work!
I am as much a Siege representative as I have ever been. My goal is to keep things fair for everyone who plays here. I don't believe you can say the same and I don't believe you can eloquently defend your position on anything without being condescending and resorting to personal attacks. That is why no one takes you seriously and the same can be said for Forsaken and a couple others.
You are no longer a representative of Siege. I'm sorry you lost that when it became crystal clear to the community that you're out to pursue a vendetta against Forsaken and BFF instead of what's in the best interest of Siege.

You don't want to keep things fair for everyone, especially faction players who risk more. You don't want to make things fair for those who dedicate the skill points into detect hidden and tracking. You only want what benefits you or hurts your enemies.

There isn't a single personal attack in any of my posts and I don't speak respectfully to people who lie and manipulate purely out of a twisted need to screw over people they do not like no matter what the costs. That is you Kat. A selfish and manipulative liar. Someone who will say anything to try and get what she wants.

I've got the evidence. If you choose to continue down your path of selfishness, I'll start linking it in my sig and encourage everyone who's sick and tired of your nonsense to do the same.

I wonder how much credibility you'll have when people are reminded every day of how much you hate more than a quarter of this community and how you've no interest in making this place better for anybody, but yourself.

You think you still represent Siege after your behavior? hahahaha. Pure comic gold.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two different systems.

The thing about most of your post is that you say/type a lot of words but you hardly tell us anything with those words. Why can't blues attack who they want? They can attack anyone that a red can attack and vise versa. But all you did was said the exact same thing that Vaelix said only using more words. Do reds deserve bonus armor since they risk being attacked in town or out?
So you're saying a blue can just attack everybody he or she feels like and not face any consequences?

If the answer to my question is no, then my answer to yours is also no.

Thanks.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Riiight.

Keep up the good work!
You are no longer a representative of Siege. I'm sorry you lost that when it became crystal clear to the community that you're out to pursue a vendetta against Forsaken and BFF instead of what's in the best interest of Siege.

You don't want to keep things fair for everyone, especially faction players who risk more. You don't want to make things fair for those who dedicate the skill points into detect hidden and tracking. You only want what benefits you or hurts your enemies.

There isn't a single personal attack in any of my posts and I don't speak respectfully to people who lie and manipulate purely out of a twisted need to screw over people they do not like no matter what the costs. That is you Kat. A selfish and manipulative liar. Someone who will say anything to try and get what she wants.

I've got the evidence. If you choose to continue down your path of selfishness, I'll start linking it in my sig and encourage everyone who's sick and tired of your nonsense to do the same.

I wonder how much credibility you'll have when people are reminded every day of how much you hate more than a quarter of this community and how you've no interest in making this place better for anybody, but yourself.

You think you still represent Siege after your behavior? hahahaha. Pure comic gold.
Again, you resort to personal attacks when you can't come up with a valid argument.

My record speaks for itself. Most everyone knows I have gone to bat for this community on more occasions than anyone cares to count. I have fought hard for this community.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, you resort to personal attacks when you can't come up with a valid argument.

My record speaks for itself. Most everyone knows I have gone to bat for this community on more occasions than anyone cares to count. I have fought hard for this community.
Your record certainly does! Thank you for standing in the way of boosting monster loot years ago. Thank you for expressing vindictive motives against members of this community. Thank you for showing us your true colors.

You don't represent this community when you don't have everyone's interests at heart. Sorry. Your record speaks for itself.

You haven't fought hard for this community or done anything oodles of others haven't done too. Someone else will better represent us. Don't worry about it.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its okay, Draxous. You can stop typing furiously in an attempt to discredit me. People know the difference between what you are about and what I'm about. My motives aren't all about me.

:grouphug:

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if anyone read my last post in this thread, but I'm pretty sure I won life with it.

nobody reads posts by people who don't have sigs though.

I guess I'll have to make a sig.

:sad4:

E

Elmer Fudd

This is the biggest bunch of bull**** ive heard...Smoke Bomb Steatlh????

Your the most selfish this shard has seen in a while...just shup up and quit trying to back peddle....

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if anyone read my last post in this thread, but I'm pretty sure I won life with it.

nobody reads posts by people who don't have sigs though.

I guess I'll have to make a sig.

:sad4:
Because your post was referring to fighting gauntlets just to be able to compete with faction players. You have to admit yourself that that's just plain ridiculous. No one is gonna go fight a darn gauntlet just to get gear that is still inferior to the items you get out of a faction vending machine.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously you didn't read the part about rank?

Faction rank gets you the ability to wear the artifacts, mr. cheapsuit. If rank was working as intended, not everyone would be running around in faction suits.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thousands upon thousands of players in UO agree that factioners deserve what they got. The Devs agree they deserve it.
Let me guess. Those players are in factions? Of course they like their new toys.

And what is up with this argument?:

Thousands upon thousands of players in UO agree that factioners deserve what they got. The Devs agree they deserve it.
+

The whole "Factioners risk more so they were given some bonuses" statement is just silly.

Farties weren´t introduced cuz factioners deserved it, they were introduced to lure more people into factions cuz the devs thought that would fix that dead part of the game. Unfortunately that plan failed cuz both Fel- and Trammel players joined, got their items and that was about it.

F

Førsaken

Adding Faction Artifacts was not the fail. Bad players were and always will be the fail. I get it, not everyone was meant to be good at games-But, for ****s sake, stop crying about it and play with all the items EA put in.

Here's what it boils down to; Production shards eh, some may still cry about it (believe it or not, you have some bad players there too that are anti-stat loss for about 1 hour out of 2 hour game time)...But, majority don't mind it because they have insurance and the trammies love the new toys for PvM and to bank sit.

YOU GUYS CAN'T DO EITHER WITHOUT RISK AND YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK THE SHINIES!

Period. Seems to me you have the case of the TRAMMEL ------------------------>

Aislin*SP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know - all the "You don't PVP so be quiet" comments bother me. I can see the perspective that motivates such a sentiment. But maybe the reason(s) that some dedicated Siegers don't PvP is an important point to consider in this conversation.

The difficulty in obtaining faction artifacts, and the impossibility of competing without them - these are pertinent observations on what keeps some interested parties from joining in the, um, fun(?).

I honestly think siege needs cursed arties to spawn off gauntlet at a higher drop percentage than normal artifacts, Treasures of tokuno need to spawn permanently on siege, and imbuing ingredients need to be more available.
Interesting notion.

Back to my regularly scheduled lurkdom. Hope you all are going happily into Autumn! Miss ya'll! (most of you, anyway)

-- Aislin

V

Vaelix

The difficulty in obtaining faction artifacts, and the impossibility of competing without them - these are pertinent observations on what keeps some interested parties from joining in the, um, fun(?).

Heres where we are comming from.. That Bolded Part is completely Untrue, You just have to be willing to Run proper gear..

I am running a Perfectly Fine 100% Non Faction Suit on my PvPer right now and the Stats are almost Mirrored To a Factions Suit on the Crucial Parts.. LMC, DCI, Casting, LRC..

People can PvP non Factions, its just More expensive or you Need to dedicate your 1 Char on Siege to a PvM Char to Supply yourself..

With Factions.. Almost *Any* PvP/Pk Template can farm Silver to Supply themselves.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's it. I'm going non-faction and gonna Pwn the **** out of all you newbs.

I'll be back from vacation in 5 days... Prepare for annihilation

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Ais'lin

Here's the point I want to make from my perspective about the "non-pvpers" argument about taking out faction artifacts.

Most of the people arguing to take them out are the ones running GM armor or 70s LRC suits, and don't even know how mana intensive it is to run mage/dexxer templates properly... Especially mysticism. Besides, the only PvM templates you can run properly in that type of gear are tamer templates.

Fighting any of these guys consists of them hitting you five times with an armor ignore that does 20 damage, then they're out of mana and run around in circles with 8 second bandages and die. It's like fighting a newb. :(

Now, without faction artifacts, the majority of the lesser PvPers we have right now would NOT be able to compete, or even play for that matter, because not only is it impossible to properly run a PvP template in that armor, there are going to be those who don't die, and have super awesome non-faction gear.

The faction gear is horribly expensive as far as silver goes. The only reason we're having nightly PvP at the moment is because of our super cheap buyback treaty.

I don't agree that faction artifacts should be the only things allowing people to PvP, but for the time being it is literally the only thing holding siege PvP together, along with our buyback proposal.

With a new ranking system and ToTs/cursed arties dropping, faction arties will only be worn by ranking players as intended, and everyone, factions or not, will rely on cursed arties/ToTs and such to equip properly for both PvP and PvM.

If your rebuttle will consist of "Without faction artifacts, we can give our crafters an economy stocking up you PvP guys!" then why can't I get any of these crafters to make me three pieces of armor?

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Everyone that has a faction superman suit:

If the devs were to revert the shard to pub 16 tomorrow, would you quit or adapt?

B

Black magick

If they reverted the server it's not really adapting since most people here have or do play free servers... In a way that would kick ass, I could go back to naked mage again. XD

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If the devs were to revert the shard to pub 16 tomorrow, would you quit or adapt?
I would quit.
I did not like pub 16
It took me 10 years to get my first castle, without my houses and my chars my time in UO would be done.
I would see no reason to start up again.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would quit.
I did not like pub 16
It took me 10 years to get my first castle, without my houses and my chars my time in UO would be done.
I would see no reason to start up again.
Well I was talking about a rulset and item based I didnt actually mean a actual revert where you would actually lose your house just making all new weapons and artifacts decoration only tuype deal.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny that when the devs agree they're all glorious, but when the devs don't agree with your agenda they're morons. The devs and thousands of players also agree that Siege doesn't deserve any dev time, I'm assuming you back that decision as well? Think before you post d3wd. You more than anyone should know just because the masses back something doesn't mean it right. But of course in this case since they back something you believe in, you're all for it.

Wait, not that funny it's just your typical MO.

Also loved the clever retorts in the 'No Draxous' thread, guess your style didn't hold up that well. [hint: there were none, what nothing to say?]

I haven't ROFLCOPTERLOWELLED!!!eleventyoned about in a post in a while... although yours are always good for a chuckle whether it be your typical "I'm the greatest I know what is right for everyone" attitude or just the continued abrasive manner in which you post that while you may have some [read: SOME, not ALL] points, they're often completely dismissed due to your delivery.

It's sad really, because I do believe you want to better the shard and many of your ideas are a good start. But your inability to compromise or even discuss with any degree of respect a differing opinion in order to possibly reach a common ground really hinders any headway in the betterment of the shard.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny that when the devs agree they're all glorious, but when the devs don't agree with your agenda they're morons. The devs and thousands of players also agree that Siege doesn't deserve any dev time, I'm assuming you back that decision as well? Think before you post d3wd. You more than anyone should know just because the masses back something doesn't mean it right. But of course in this case since they back something you believe in, you're all for it.

Also loved the clever retorts in the 'No Draxous' thread, guess your style didn't hold up that well. [hint: there were none, what nothing to say?]

I haven't ROFLCOPTERLOWELLED!!!eleventyoned about in a post in a while... although yours are always good for a chuckle whether it be your typical "I'm the greatest I know what is right for everyone" attitude or just the continued abrasive manner in which you post that while you may have some [read: SOME, not ALL] points, they're often completely dismissed due to your delivery.

It's sad really, because I do believe you want to better the shard and many of your ideas are a good start. But your inability to compromise or even discuss with any degree of respect a differing opinion in order to possibly reach a common ground really hinders any headway in the betterment of the shard.
Spoken like a prophet...

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Spoken like a prophet...
QFT

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Funny that you miss why I back it and why I back what Forsaken, Freesly, Vaelix, Hugi and oodles of others say. While they are posting their opinions and detailing their reasoning... what exactly are the counter arguments? Better yet, where are the counter arguments? Are you kidding me?

Let's pretend for a minute this is about what's best for Siege and not about getting one up on me or the people I associate with. You want to talk about hindering progress in the betterment of this shard? I didn't say let's pretend for no reason. Your post is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny that you miss why I back it and why I back what Forsaken, Freesly, Vaelix, Hugi and oodles of others say. While they are posting their opinions and detailing their reasoning... what exactly are the counter arguments? Better yet, where are the counter arguments? Are you kidding me?

Let's pretend for a minute this is about what's best for Siege and not about getting one up on me or the people I associate with. You want to talk about hindering progress in the betterment of this shard? I didn't say let's pretend for no reason. Your post is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
Cry much??

Oops! I luv ur styl!