• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Found the Painted caves scriptors new spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A

Ash

Yes, that is the Fan Dancer Dojo that they have been spotted in for a while now. That char is the first I actually spotted, as i noticed it ran the same pattern exactly from the recall spot to where it stood, it stepped on exact same tiles, pauses in the same spots and made my day when saw them die and a headless one looted their gold, I killed the headless one and made nice 8k profit. :thumbup:

So if you see the script die make sure a headless one is around since they will loot corpses. :lol:

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we please focus on the game and stop focusing on what Joe trammel is doing? WTH?? Enough is enough people....really. To the OP....you ought to know better than to post this sort of thing...honestly...it just fuels the fire. Fire as you all know does not distingush between good and bad, living or dead... You just mentioned the pain of crafting because of greifers, and that was a DIRECT RESULT of threads posted to these boards. Ideas were tossed around here on ways to disrupt thier activities in Trammel (which is illegal according to the RoC for both stratics and UO) which have the adverse side affect of hurting honest players.

Moderators, I hope you pay attention closely to this thread and others. I think it is in EAs best interest to try and keep both the game and its official forums from falling victim to ingame and on the boards grief. As such I dont think they take to kindly to supporting the very thing they fight to stop.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes you are right. Enough drama. Post deleted.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Fel, I kill them, In Tram, I run for my life from Lurg and the bear and the entire corps of baddies in the fan dancer dojo. I can't help that they target and kill them, I am invising near them just to save my own life..honest. I had to field the entrances so they couldn't get to me, my bad. It was purely unintentional that the fields I cast trap them in with all those baddies. I am so sorry they have died many times now. They should really be more careful.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Fel, I kill them, In Tram, I run for my life from Lurg and the bear and the entire corps of baddies in the fan dancer dojo. I can't help that they target and kill them, I am invising near them just to save my own life..honest. I had to field the entrances so they couldn't get to me, my bad. It was purely unintentional that the fields I cast trap them in with all those baddies. I am so sorry they have died many times now. They should really be more careful.
Not only is this type of behavior not allowed in game, but is not allowed here on the boards. Griefing in trammel is just what it is...griefing.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not only is this type of behavior not allowed in game, but is not allowed here on the boards. Griefing in trammel is just what it is...griefing.
Sorry to inform you but yes it is, on both counts.

I am not luring, I am running away. I am not griefing, I am playing the game.

I can state my opinions openly on these boards as long as i stay within the ROC... if you don't like them....don't read them.

Me thinks thou doth protest to much...hmmmm

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I've been targetted by a nasty and I cant win or get away quick enough, I'll hide. That does mean if someone else is there they'll get targetted, thats just a side effect.

If I was to use boxes and box myself in so they cant hit me then invis myself, then thats breaking the game's RoC, griefing and will get me banned. Legging it when Lurgs hitting me for 40+ points of damage is sense!

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to inform you but yes it is, on both counts.

I am not luring, I am running away. I am not griefing, I am playing the game.

I can state my opinions openly on these boards as long as i stay within the ROC... if you don't like them....don't read them.

Me thinks thou doth protest to much...hmmmm

IM sorry, but creative posting to avoid breaking the rules is not allowed. Please see the rule on creative posting to avoid the censor...the same applies here.

Protest too much? No...I am just tired of this game going to crap because people like yourself find it funny to greif others illegally in game and then come up with excuses how what you do is legal. Understand this...if a guy runs down the hall and you throw out a bucket of water causing him to trip an fall, the court isnt going to listen to the excuse that you were just trying to clean it and the guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Perhaps to some ingorance is bliss but a judge is jsut going to laugh. Creativity is great and all, but it isnt an excuse for breaking the rules.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I've been targetted by a nasty and I cant win or get away quick enough, I'll hide. That does mean if someone else is there they'll get targetted, thats just a side effect.

If I was to use boxes and box myself in so they cant hit me then invis myself, then thats breaking the game's RoC, griefing and will get me banned. Legging it when Lurgs hitting me for 40+ points of damage is sense!
Luring is against the rules. If you have to lie to yourself to make it right then you have issues. If you have to lie about it on the boards to justify your actions then I wont even tell you what I think.

Do you know whats going to happen soon enough? The trend for something like this is declining populations....so think about it. For every scripter you put on the crucifix there is at least one or more legit players who catch crap as a result. I personally like having decent [players in the game, but the more they leave the more the game fills with self centered individuals hellbent on making the game thiers...instead of a game for everyone.

Care to deny what I say as fact? Check the WBB sometime and take a screenshot. I will post one for you for two years ago...four years ago...and 6 years ago. (anything before that was vesper bank) You will see the population of the bank roughly cut in half each time. Why? Poor game management mainly, with a side order of vigilante justice making alot go as well...in another time they would be called griefers none the less.

I cant count the number of goodbye threads I have seen on these boards...and it makes me ill to think how many would have stayed if people only acted like they would to people in the real world. Its alright though...think what you will of me. I am just some loony who really wants this game to move forward.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QFT, Mister E.

And a few other things to add to Mister E. ...last I heard Stratics was no longer the "official" boards for UO...just because the Devs sometimes (rarely) post here doesn't mean they are still "official".

Also, why do you continue this tirade when it causes you so much pain from your MS, as you made a point of telling us in your original post in JC's thread up above?

Finally, it's really hilarious reading your posts proclaiming everybody who is "grieving" this bot by just trying to get away from the spawn in the area are breaking the rules when you yourself fully admitted to using scripts (due to your MS) in the same post referenced above, which if you haven't read the Terms of Service lately, breaks Section 5e. So everybody else is breaking the rules but it's alright for you to break them by using a third party illegal program to script with?

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QFT, Mister E.

And a few other things to add to Mister E. ...last I heard Stratics was no longer the "official" boards for UO...just because the Devs sometimes (rarely) post here doesn't mean they are still "official".

Also, why do you continue this tirade when it causes you so much pain from your MS, as you made a point of telling us in your original post in JC's thread up above?

Finally, it's really hilarious reading your posts proclaiming everybody who is "grieving" this bot by just trying to get away from the spawn in the area are breaking the rules when you yourself fully admitted to using scripts (due to your MS) in the same post referenced above, which if you haven't read the Terms of Service lately, breaks Section 5e. So everybody else is breaking the rules but it's alright for you to break them by using a third party illegal program to script with?
tirade...personal attacks now eh? its no tirade, I just wanted people to know what i deal with everytime i turn the computer on. I deal with teh pain, why? because i Hvae to live with it. I certainly am not going to stop posting because some idiot does not like whta i have to say. I would rather be in complete pain than let an idiot write a post like yours without it recieving a proper rebuttal.

Second...I didnt post anything on griefing the bot...I post on what is the result of witch hunts like this. Perhaps reading comprehendsion is not one of your strong points, but neither is wording a convincing arguement to what I was saying. Perhaps you could have asked my stance on farming instead of assuming I was a farmer first? For the record I despise farming, but I despise the result of what threads like this cause even more. It sucks that my game has to suffer because of what some idiot is doing halfway around the world, and not really what they are doing ruins it. IE: bag of sending, bod turn-ins,
ect. (those changes were made due to complaints mind you...and who did they affect? the legitament player...the farmer just scoffed and adapted) So good job on making my game go to **** because you couldnt let the GMs handle the issue and because you couldnt turn teh other cheek until the matters were solved!

Third...in life disabled people are allowed to park in handicapped spots due to disability...without that tag its illegal right? As I stated before what I did was illegal but you didnt see me justifying it, I simply stated it was due to my MS. Still illegal yes however I was not supporting the scripter or even scripting in general. Its sad when people like yourself have to attack someone personally just because they dont see the tag hanging from the window. Perhaps next time you ought to look at the plate.

Fourth...keep up your posts like this...not just you but everyone. See then how well EA responds to that. (notice yet the trend in developer posting lately sir?)

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant count the number of goodbye threads I have seen on these boards...and it makes me ill to think how many would have stayed if people only acted like they would to people in the real world. Its alright though...think what you will of me. I am just some loony who really wants this game to move forward.
You are making a point that is not valid. You link the decline in population to "griefers" killing script-bots that obviously are nothing different than script-bots; this is nonsense. Players left, including myself, since they were simply sick of rampant scripting operations corrupting nearly any aspect of the game. Goldfarming is one, but ressource-srcipters and bod-scripters as well as heartwood-scripters still haven't been targeted and are still operating with great success. I maybe will re-start playing, but only when any scripting is weeded out. Meanwhile I play WoW, simply because it is much more difficult to script there (not impossible, but difficult) - and first of all because blizzard REALLY has a zero-tolerance-habit towards cheating (what they document with court actions against bot-scripters, e.g.). And, btw - I meet people there, no "ghostlands" at all.

regards

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personal attack by saying tirade? Are you frigging serious? The only personal attacks I see are the ones you continously made towards me in your reply. As to your not saying other posters are griefing, I'll not waste my time couting up the number of times you bring it up through out either thread...I do have things to do today and would rather not sit here in front of the computer all day just counting. rolleyes:

Finally, I never said you were supporting the scripter or you personally were scripting in general (and you tell me I don't have decent reading comprehension...lol), all I pointed out was the hypocrisy of you coming here complaining about other people breaking the rules when you do it yourself. The justification doesn't matter any way you want to look at it...your breaking the rules, which puts you in the same light as anyone else that breaks any of the rules.

Just noticed you edited your post with another few lines...not sure if your responding to me or not with the farmer line/question, but if you are, please point out in my original post where I made the implication that you were a "farmer" as I am unable to locate it.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
an opinion is one thing, a hypothetical situation describing acts that are considered illegal is another.

*But officer...he ran at me and jumped on the knife!!! He also took all his crack and shoved it in my pocket at teh same time!* Good luck trying to explain that one bud. I guarantee anyone with half a brain is going to laugh you straight outta the court with a story like that.

If you knowingly lead a creature down to someone else for whatever reason with the intentions of not fighting them it is breaking the rules. Sugar coat your BULLSNOT explanation all you want but its just like the story above...

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are making a point that is not valid. You link the decline in population to "griefers" killing script-bots that obviously are nothing different than script-bots; this is nonsense. Players left, including myself, since they were simply sick of rampant scripting operations corrupting nearly any aspect of the game. Goldfarming is one, but ressource-srcipters and bod-scripters as well as heartwood-scripters still haven't been targeted and are still operating with great success. I maybe will re-start playing, but only when any scripting is weeded out. Meanwhile I play WoW, simply because it is much more difficult to script there (not impossible, but difficult) - and first of all because blizzard REALLY has a zero-tolerance-habit towards cheating (what they document with court actions against bot-scripters, e.g.). And, btw - I meet people there, no "ghostlands" at all.

regards

no I link these witch hunt threads directly to a decline in population. along with the lack of response to scripting. Good people are affectedtoo ya know...after all you left right?. The bags of sending, bod turn in times...what have you. All of those were all changed due to player response on these boards as a result of scripters farming one thing or another. Sad thing is the same people pancakes at me about my complaints are the same ones who are complaining about the result of their complaining. MY BAG OF SENDING SUCKS NOW! I CANT TURN IN MY BODS SO FAST! I CANT DO THIS!! I CANT DO THAT!!!

Hopefully that helps you understand a bit....

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personal attack by saying tirade? Are you frigging serious? The only personal attacks I see are the ones you continously made towards me in your reply. As to your not saying other posters are griefing, I'll not waste my time couting up the number of times you bring it up through out either thread...I do have things to do today and would rather not sit here in front of the computer all day just counting. rolleyes:

Finally, I never said you were supporting the scripter or you personally were scripting in general (and you tell me I don't have decent reading comprehension...lol), all I pointed out was the hypocrisy of you coming here complaining about other people breaking the rules when you do it yourself. The justification doesn't matter any way you want to look at it...your breaking the rules, which puts you in the same light as anyone else that breaks any of the rules.

Just noticed you edited your post with another few lines...not sure if your responding to me or not with the farmer line/question, but if you are, please point out in my original post where I made the implication that you were a "farmer" as I am unable to locate it.

no the personal attacks was bringing up my medical problems. you have no right to use my RL against me on these boards. Hypocrisy? Get a life, and stop worrying about mine will ya? Thats my whole point.

Let me get this straight too will ya? I make a legitament complaint about griefing, and all of a sudden I am in the wrong just because I scripted skills? Again, anytime you like please feel free to do anything that sets your nervous system on fire...maybe you wont judge my doing something that affected no one else so harshly if you knew how i felt.

BTW...when did it become OK for you to personally come after me for having an opinion? forums are for debate, not your petty BS.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you recall, you were the first to bring up your handicap...all I did was ask out of genuine curiosity why you continue to post regarding this subject if it causes you so much pain. Now if you still consider that a personal attack, then see that little triangle with the red exclamation point in the center below my name? Click on it and let a Moderator explain to you how that was not a personal attack but you calling me an idiot is.

As for me being a hater of the handicapped permit, that's rediculous. I'm not hateful towards the handicapped, I'm just indifferent to them. Thier problems aren't mine, and I have enough of my own to take care of to worry about someone elses...something maybe you need to learn how to do.

True, you did make a legitimate complaint about the griefing and how it affects your game play, and I can understand that and agree with you on that part, being that I have been stopped a couple times as well in the past by people who thought I was unattanded while filling some kegs. But the difference is that I didn't let it bother me to the extent that it does you. And yes, you are in the wrong for scripting skills. Did you even take the time to go read the Terms of Service? I doubt it considering the number of times you've replied to this thread in an attempt to justify your own breaking of the rules due to your handicap. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules, no matter how you look at it or try to justify it.

A

Ash

Mister E.. perhaps you need to take some of your own advice..

IF you cant turn your cheek in a video game about something that does not affect you THEN you have a RL issue you need to deal with.
Grow up and look at yourselves. If you dont like the game, leave. Quit complaining and try to enjoy yourselves again.If you see something you dont like either report it or turn the other cheek. If you do anything else BESIDES that you are breaking the same damn rules you are complaining about others breaking. Pot...Kettle...Black!
So just like life, learn to turn the other cheek. Once you report a matter there is nothing left to say or do. If all of us can follow up with this we will all in the end enjoy things more. I for one do not enjoy coming to a forum filled with negativity, and the same applies to the game.
You repeatedly encourage others to turn the cheek but yet you keep going. Per your own words, you reported it now turn the other cheek already. If you have been griefed by people out to get scripters then report them and be done with it. You accuse Giggles of throwing fuel on the fire but your the one with the gas can in my opinion. Scripters are what's ruining the game not people trying to do something about it, again my opinion. Painted caves is a favorite spot of mine and many others, but we have been uprooted and driven out because we can't compete with the speed at which a script attracts and kills the spawn there. Sure i have some chars that can control the area, but not all of them, so why should my actions be limited or dictated because someone is so blatantly breaking the rules?

So again, here are your own words

If you dont like the game, leave. Quit complaining and try to enjoy yourselves again.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't people tame some dragons and release them on the scriptors?

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man, what a can of worms here.....either way, posting about some jerk scripting and ways to stop them isn't what you guys call "griefing"

People need to lighten uprolleyes:

K

Kith Kanan

OMG is this guy actualy pancakes about peopel " griefing " a scripter ????

IMHO keep up the good work , these muppets cant be griefed enough !!!!!

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you recall, you were the first to bring up your handicap...all I did was ask out of genuine curiosity why you continue to post regarding this subject if it causes you so much pain. Now if you still consider that a personal attack, then see that little triangle with the red exclamation point in the center below my name? Click on it and let a Moderator explain to you how that was not a personal attack but you calling me an idiot is.

As for me being a hater of the handicapped permit, that's rediculous. I'm not hateful towards the handicapped, I'm just indifferent to them. Thier problems aren't mine, and I have enough of my own to take care of to worry about someone elses...something maybe you need to learn how to do.

True, you did make a legitimate complaint about the griefing and how it affects your game play, and I can understand that and agree with you on that part, being that I have been stopped a couple times as well in the past by people who thought I was unattanded while filling some kegs. But the difference is that I didn't let it bother me to the extent that it does you. And yes, you are in the wrong for scripting skills. Did you even take the time to go read the Terms of Service? I doubt it considering the number of times you've replied to this thread in an attempt to justify your own breaking of the rules due to your handicap. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules, no matter how you look at it or try to justify it.
genuine curiosity my ass, and dont forget i said i was just as against gold farming as the rest of you. what you keep forgetting here is that i am tired of the constant bull**** that goes on ehre on these forums as well as in game regarding the farmers. you fail to see teh damage these actions are causeing the *normal* people in the game.

if you are trying to say pot kettle black to me you are preaching to the wrong person. I havent scripted a skill in well over a year, so to say i am guilty because i did this a year ago is asenine.

and one more time....griefing is illegal, and is not tolerated in trammel as per the rules. as such any mention of it in one form or another on these boards is also illegal.

i suggest you pull your head out of your butt and pay attention to whats really wrong with the game.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG is this guy actualy pancakes about peopel " griefing " a scripter ????

IMHO keep up the good work , these muppets cant be griefed enough !!!!!
no I wasnt complaining about grieifng a scripter...if you were paying attention i was complaining about greifing in general. glad you can comprehend the difference like the rest of them.

btw...how do you feel about your bag of sending? you do realize it was complaints that ended up getting the bags nerfed right? you are aware that the same people complaining about the nerf to the bags are teh same people who complained about teh scripters? nothing like crying over spilt milk and then expecting mom to fill your cup again.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man, what a can of worms here.....either way, posting about some jerk scripting and ways to stop them isn't what you guys call "griefing"

People need to lighten uprolleyes:

posting ways to stop them that are against the rules is no better than what the scripters are doing. if you do see that i suggest some ethics training.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mister E.. perhaps you need to take some of your own advice..

You repeatedly encourage others to turn the cheek but yet you keep going. Per your own words, you reported it now turn the other cheek already. If you have been griefed by people out to get scripters then report them and be done with it. You accuse Giggles of throwing fuel on the fire but your the one with the gas can in my opinion. Scripters are what's ruining the game not people trying to do something about it, again my opinion. Painted caves is a favorite spot of mine and many others, but we have been uprooted and driven out because we can't compete with the speed at which a script attracts and kills the spawn there. Sure i have some chars that can control the area, but not all of them, so why should my actions be limited or dictated because someone is so blatantly breaking the rules?

So again, here are your own words
excuse me but there is a difference between turning the other cheek and defending your stance. like i have stated time and time again kill them all you want and lure all you want in fel...its legal there. but to post about breaking the rules and actually breaking them in trammel makes you no better than the person you are trying to get killed. not to mention if a GM shows up in tram its going to be your butt that ends up in jail for griefing.

about turning the other cheek....thats about playing your own game. if you follow the rules, page a gm if you see something shady, then i have no issues with you. the moment you start posting about griefing other players weather they are scripting or not, then we have an issue. can you see the difference?
i am personally tired of dealing with the blowback from these witch hunts, and i am not even a damn farmer...nor do I like what they are doing.

if you want to question me as a player then have a legitiment reason for doing so. if you dont know me then you dont have a legitment reason to even judge what i do. to question my character because i have an opinion is rediculous, especially when you question the character who does not like farmers anymore than you do.

@ everyone

if you have a legitiment gripe...post on it, page on it...what have you. but if you break the same set of rules you are complaining about someone else breaking dotn bother posting or paging...because all i have to say again and again is pot kettle black.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if I'm not up on all the Trammel rules as I play Siege since AOS messed up the game with over power items.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if I'm not up on all the Trammel rules as I play Siege since AOS messed up the game with over power items.
thats my problem here. i dont care about the scripters one bit (meaning i dont like what they are doing...not as in who cares)...but i do care about how others justify doing something illegal to *fix*the issue. i do care how moderators continuously allow this content although it blatently is in violation of the rules. its the philosophy of *my poop dont stink but yours does.*

and yeah...damn trammies eh? if this were all fel than everything would go. unfortunately as a prodo shard...what happens in fel is often grief in trammel. rules are however rules...put into place to prevent matters such as griefing from getting out of hand.

A

Ash

excuse me but there is a difference between turning the other cheek and defending your stance. like i have stated time and time again kill them all you want and lure all you want in fel...its legal there. but to post about breaking the rules and actually breaking them in trammel makes you no better than the person you are trying to get killed. not to mention if a GM shows up in tram its going to be your butt that ends up in jail for griefing.

about turning the other cheek....thats about playing your own game. if you follow the rules, page a gm if you see something shady, then i have no issues with you. the moment you start posting about griefing other players weather they are scripting or not, then we have an issue. can you see the difference?
i am personally tired of dealing with the blowback from these witch hunts, and i am not even a damn farmer...nor do I like what they are doing.

if you want to question me as a player then have a legitiment reason for doing so. if you dont know me then you dont have a legitment reason to even judge what i do. to question my character because i have an opinion is rediculous, especially when you question the character who does not like farmers anymore than you do.
Question your character?? I merely suggested you take your own advice, you seem to take offense easily, none was intended. Just pointed out how you need to follow the advice you give out..

As for griefing players, there has to be a player involved (my opinion). But let's talk rules, it is griefing to lure lurg to where other players are at, true. It is not griefing to attack him and run for the exit, it is clearly outside the area and the other players are completely off screen. (don't worry I know you will argue intent vs wording of the rules).. Also quick scanning EA's knowledge base it is clearly stated that blocking recall spots is NOT griefing. But as i pointed out my method of choice is to allure a monster (which is opposite of luring) and the script becomes broken and again perfectly legal.

Man, I just don't see where you get questioning your character. Seriously no need to be so defensive, they were your own words after all.

C

Connor_Graham

"Sad thing is the same people pancakes at me about my complaints are the same ones who are complaining about the result of their complaining"

Well then, here's me, that didn't complain a single bit about the BoS's or the Bods, yet I agree completely with everyone you seem to be against. Cheaters and Scripters are more responsible for legitimate players leaving this game than any changes made to combat them have been. History has shown us that posting obvious scripting operations get action taken against them, so I'm all for posting EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE OF THEM ON ANY SHARD AT ANY TIME, AND DOING SO REPEATEDLY.

I guess that blows your theory there huh? =P

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question your character?? I merely suggested you take your own advice, you seem to take offense easily, none was intended. Just pointed out how you need to follow the advice you give out..

As for griefing players, there has to be a player involved (my opinion). But let's talk rules, it is griefing to lure lurg to where other players are at, true. It is not griefing to attack him and run for the exit, it is clearly outside the area and the other players are completely off screen. (don't worry I know you will argue intent vs wording of the rules).. Also quick scanning EA's knowledge base it is clearly stated that blocking recall spots is NOT griefing. But as i pointed out my method of choice is to allure a monster (which is opposite of luring) and the script becomes broken and again perfectly legal.

Man, I just don't see where you get questioning your character. Seriously no need to be so defensive, they were your own words after all.
you suggesting i take my advice was completely uncalled for. i dont grief people in tram or worry about what they are doing. actually i am the type who lets karma take its toll, however i finally just got tired of the same crap posted here so i put in my two cents. as a result my health has been questioned, my sincerity has been questioned, and even my agmeplay has been questioned. (thats where i get questioning my character) all i did was speak an opinion to greifing and this was the reply. can you not see the correlation between the tactics used on me and the tactics used in game? I dont even farm nor do i break the rules if i can help it...so how has the conversation turned from what people do being illegal to trying to defame me?

griefing for any reason is absolutely unesscessary. if you cant let the GMs do thier jobs then you are not folowoing the rules. personally if i see a cop in RL i dont ask if i can use his gun to shoot a crook down the street...how does this differ ingame. both are illegal, and both are vindictive as all hell. after all, i stopped going to luna and naming my chars funny names meant to put smiles on others faces as a direct result of the nonsense. next step being quitting the game...

who would you rather see go? someone who promotes unity and fiarplay in the game or someone who just wants to worry about themselves? hate me all you want but remember who you hate the next time you see repair deeds on the ground...bod rewards left for others...free gold...and free trips to peerless just to keep you interested in playing. (or else you can do what everyone else here has done and think i am some scripter sympathizer...some cheat...ironic isnt it?)

btw...if you argue teh semantics of your own actions, chances are you are doing something you shouldnt. intent is the difference between 6 mo in jail and life in prison. please do not make light of that.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Sad thing is the same people pancakes at me about my complaints are the same ones who are complaining about the result of their complaining"

Well then, here's me, that didn't complain a single bit about the BoS's or the Bods, yet I agree completely with everyone you seem to be against. Cheaters and Scripters are more responsible for legitimate players leaving this game than any changes made to combat them have been. History has shown us that posting obvious scripting operations get action taken against them, so I'm all for posting EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE OF THEM ON ANY SHARD AT ANY TIME, AND DOING SO REPEATEDLY.

I guess that blows your theory there huh? =P
ummm nope...seems you got me all twisted because you made assumptions based on me having an opinion and stateing it here.

what you say has no bearing on my opinion.... as there is a difference between reporting something illegal and doing something illegal to stop the illegal act. after all, didnt your mama teach you that two wrongs dont make a right? (nothing personal...just throwing humor in with truth)

once again...i have to say i am not in favor of any farming. please reailze this before sending me to the crucifix like everyone else. if you agree with others breaking the rules and post the ways you are breaking them on the boards then you are just as guilty as the person complained about. i dont like what they are doing, but i certainly dont police the game in its entirety as a result!

A

Ash

griefing for any reason is absolutely unesscessary. if you cant let the GMs do thier jobs then you are not folowoing the rules. personally if i see a cop in RL i dont ask if i can use his gun to shoot a crook down the street...how does this differ ingame. both are illegal, and both are vindictive as all hell. after all, i stopped going to luna and naming my chars funny names meant to put smiles on others faces as a direct result of the nonsense. next step being quitting the game...
Actually it is a citizen's right to make a citizen's arrest if they witness a felony in process, and yes I quite like it that way thank you very much. And as i said, them being in painted caves is interfering with my normal game play so your suggesting would be that I stop playing till if and when something is done? Blah..

Quite frankly you are the one that is making this about you. Frankly, said what I had to say, take your own advice, now i am going to go play the game and if scripters get in my way they better improve their scripts.

Mister E.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it is a citizen's right to make a citizen's arrest if they witness a felony in process, and yes I quite like it that way thank you very much. And as i said, them being in painted caves is interfering with my normal game play so your suggesting would be that I stop playing till if and when something is done? Blah..

Quite frankly you are the one that is making this about you. Frankly, said what I had to say, take your own advice, now i am going to go play the game and if scripters get in my way they better improve their scripts.
take my own advice? quit posting illegal content and we wouldnt have an issue at all. again...you have a knack for trying to twist the information before you...however it doesnt make what i say any less reasonable or credible. this never was about me...this was about the community. i was speaking on behalf of the *good part* of this community and was personally attacked on several occasions as a result.

citizens right? lol, have you ever heard of culling the herd? feel free to grab the gun out of crooks shaky hand...at least feel free to try. i wont be standing at the grave calling you a hero...however some less flattering words would come to mind. your family would probably be wondering why the heck you just didnt stay out of the way and let teh police officer (in the case of the forum the GM) do thier job. lets not forget that in game your *citizens right* in tram is to page on teh illegal conduct btw, not to act the part of GM.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't imagine what would promt someone to feel sympathetic to the bots... I hate scripters..... It's those unatttended scripters that have caused this entire game grief..... mindless bot farmers taking away hunting, mining, lumberjacking from the rest of the community and for what, RL Profit! Lets not forget what it is those bots are after.... These bots are half the cause of what is wrong with the UO Economy...... the other half responsible is the duper...... So in my opinion if we the players "foil" the bot and duper and get them irritated enough to leave UO then I say WHOORH!........ And good riddance.... I'm sorry but Mister E your support of the bot just makes me wonder if you aren't the bot runner.... My feeling is if they leave the game good..... if they move to a new spot maybe some of us have a new form of gameplay..... Bot finder...... Can we all GM that? Legendary bot finder anyone???? How about in Fel you could get the title Bot Slayer.... Bot Hunter......

I do understand your point about witch hunts..... but folk who actually play DO NOT in doing so appear to be a bot..... Now when I hunt I'm all over the land with my pet or with my bow.... I do NOT recall into the same spot stand in the same spot never wander around and recall in and out from said spot .... I move with the spawn..... far as things go in the Dojo... isn't it a shame when all the spawn wanders off following the theives?
Or some other jerk jumps your spawn?

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no I link these witch hunt threads directly to a decline in population. along with the lack of response to scripting. Good people are affectedtoo ya know...after all you left right?. The bags of sending, bod turn in times...what have you. All of those were all changed due to player response on these boards as a result of scripters farming one thing or another. Sad thing is the same people pancakes at me about my complaints are the same ones who are complaining about the result of their complaining. MY BAG OF SENDING SUCKS NOW! I CANT TURN IN MY BODS SO FAST! I CANT DO THIS!! I CANT DO THAT!!!

Hopefully that helps you understand a bit....
ah, nice to have at least ONE person that understands things...

Did I say I left because they changed the BoS? Did I say I left because of the change in BOD turn-ins? I SAID I LEFT CAUSE I WAS SICK TO THE BONE TO THE VARIOUS ASPECTS OF SCRIPTING.

Got it, Sir?

I remember when I got my first and only BRSK-LBOD. Yeah; this was a great evening! At that time, you could think about selling the BRSK for a decent price, or you could risk it and burn it and be maybe lucky enough to get one very nice item for your chars. Go to luna, and have a look at the vendors today! Masses of cheap BRSK's, and masses of cheap high-class armor. Thing is: For the scripters, due to being able of producing masses and masses of BRSK's and BRSK-made armor, also lowered prices pay well, since they sell masses cheap (and with "cheap" I speak about 2-4 millions gp for a very nice piece of armor; the really good pieces are sold in networks of veterans, often pvp'ers with tons of gold due to their powerscroll-monopol). Remember the blackrock-turn-in? Who did profit the most? Scripters! In a pathetic attempt to let "normal" players participate, they opened the gate to give high-level rewards and resources to anyone who could bring blackrock. The mining-scripters did laugh a lot and brought hundreds of small pieces of blackrock to turn them in, if not thousands. So normal players got a bit, scripters the rest.

The game simply is hanging around like a drunken sailor on his way to bed; thats the truth. That is why I play a different game meanwhile (maybe it's forbidden to put the name in here??); and since I have played it to an lvl 70 char already, I think I can tell you that the difference between uo and this game is: In UO, scriptors rule the game. In that game, scriptors are an exception.

Hopefully, that helps YOU understand a bit...

regards

A

Ash

take my own advice? quit posting illegal content and we wouldnt have an issue at all. again...you have a knack for trying to twist the information before you...however it doesnt make what i say any less reasonable or credible. this never was about me...this was about the community. i was speaking on behalf of the *good part* of this community and was personally attacked on several occasions as a result.

citizens right? lol, have you ever heard of culling the herd? feel free to grab the gun out of crooks shaky hand...at least feel free to try. i wont be standing at the grave calling you a hero...however some less flattering words would come to mind. your family would probably be wondering why the heck you just didnt stay out of the way and let teh police officer (in the case of the forum the GM) do thier job. lets not forget that in game your *citizens right* in tram is to page on teh illegal conduct btw, not to act the part of GM.
Wow! Never had someone get so upset having their own words quoted back to them. As for twisting things around, funny cause was thinking same about you. Now after you go back and read my comments in both threads you will find that my comments to thwart the scripters involve PLAYING THE GAME! No where did I advocate luring and leaving the area, I suggest playing the game. Closest I came was talking about farming Grobu's fur, but since moving lurg to the front is for purpose of fighting Grobu and not killing the scripters (happy by product mind you) and thus dragging Lurg to an unihabitted area isn't luring/griefing just getting him out of the way no rule says i have to fight every monster. Other comments were to allure one trog and watch script hang (not illegal, not griefing, not luring) and wishing large group would go and page a GM at same time, again perfectly legal. And yet you in response to me say to quit posting illegal tactics. hah! Who is twisting things again?

As to speaking for *good part* of the community, funny thing is I see more people in the community in support of the threads to report scriptors. Oh well, to each his own, and since I consider myself part of the 'good' community please don't assume to speak for me. thanks..

Lastly, to even joke about saying something unflattering at a persons funeral is beyond tasteless and speaks volumes about your character, needless to say you can consider me offended, so if that was what you were hoping for congratulations you can now feel better about yourself. Especially ironic considering your comment:

intent is the difference between 6 mo in jail and life in prison. please do not make light of that.
I don't know where you get the 6 mo in jail vs life in prison or to accuse me of making light of it, but then to turn around and make light of my death.

Wow.. you really need to learn to read and take your own advice..

Well, back to playing the game.. hope you start taking your own advice soon.. turn the cheek, ignore the scriptors, ignore the scriptor haters.. play the game..

C

Connor_Graham

"ummm nope...seems you got me all twisted because you made assumptions"

I didn't assume anything. I quoted you directly and provided irrefutable proof that your statement was incorrect. Your statements regarding the changes made to combat the scripters is what is causing people to leave may be true in one or two cases, but it's the scripters themselves that are driving people away from this game in numbers so far beyond those that leave because of any changes that it's laughable that you would use that as an argument. Leaving the scripters alone and not creating posts here, as you suggested yourself, is exactly what we should NOT be doing.

As has been suggested to you already, if you don't like the threads that put these scripters in the limelight, then don't read them, but your stance that we should turn a blind eye to them on these forums is ridiculous.

"what you say has no bearing on my opinion"

What I said has everything to do with your opinion. Specifically the statements regarding not creating threads pointing these scripters out because you don't care for the changes that come about because of them. Really, the BoS change didn't affect much as there are plenty of ways to get around the change without having to use a BoS at all, and the change made to Bod turn ins is barely noticeable, if at all.

"if you agree with others breaking the rules and post the ways you are breaking them on the boards then you are just as guilty as the person complained about."

Please show me where I said anything regarding what other people are doing in game, or that I'm doing the same.

Who's making the assumptions now?

My point was strictly in reference to your statement that we should stop posting about these scritpers in UHall. Your statement that it should stop is a joke, and your further statements regarding turning a blind eye to them is even moreso a joke than anything else.

"this never was about me...this was about the community"

If it's not about you then why do you want these threads to stop? It's better for the "community", as you say, for them to continue so we can rid the game of scripters and by doing so create a game environment that people will want to come back to, thus increasing our community.

The community is hurt more by people quitting over cheaters and scripters running the in game economy than any changes that have been made to combat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.