[Fishing] Floating rock sank boat?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

Shantia

Ok well my boat didnt really sink but i did manage to pick up a floating rock onto the deck of my boat (man i wish i could pick it up). I was alittle surpised it 'came' with me, and now i cant dock my boat cause its...cluttered. Has anyone else encountered this and noticed if the rock eventually went away? I could just buy a new boat but i've had this one a long long time and i'm sort of attached.

R

Remyi

I'm sure a GM would be happy to remove the rock for you. :)

S

Shantia

Hehe yea, just seems silly to wait 2+ hours in line for a boat, no matter how long i've owned it lol.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
You can keep refreshing the boat by clicking on the plank.

And, just go out fishing again the next time you play, and page the GM then. They'll show up while you're fishing, eventually.

I never page a GM unless I'm somewhere I can so something else while waiting, unless it's something I HAVE to stay where I am. And, a cluttered boat can still move.

S

Shantia

Whoot, the rock reset itself after several hours, SO odd. Still wish it would have let me pick it up when my boat ripped it from the water *giggles*.

S

Shantia

Alright i was wrong, the rock didnt go away. Aparently boats are like houses and wont show the contents of the deck until you step aboard. Looks like the only way past this bug should someone else encounter it too is paging a GM to try and get them to help you, or to buy a new boat, or if you play actively enough just keep the one with the rock out at all times lol. For me that last option doesnt work as i fade in and out of uo quite often.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Just page the next time you use the boat. The GM homes in on you, not where the boat was parked when you paged. That way, you don't actually lose any time waiting, because you'll e out fishing during the wait.

S

Scopulus Falco

It happen to me a few years ago, I couldn't even sail , so had to call GM on it. didn't take him to long.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
Scotland
I've had a boat sail away from under my feet whilst at sea once before.
I Had been climbing on the icy pinnacles near Kos Heb and got stuck on the rocks.
A gm showed up and placed me on my boat but when I commanded it to move it sailed away leaving me standing on the ocean.
Luckily the gm was still watching on invisible and came back and fixed it.

J

Jermosh

I always pick up a few serpent carcases, they decay though but it has a nice RP value to it.