• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fix Rot On Sp Plz:)

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But how does EA tell the difference between a Siege account and a Non-Siege account?

I'm sure that I'm counted as a Siege account since I log in there a few times a month, but there's no way in hell I would pay $13.00 a month just for Siege.

Are you really going to tell me that there are 1500 people playing on Siege?

I'd be willing to bet that in an average month there are only 100-200 accounts actively playing Siege.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Please stay on topic, folks. It is not an us vs them thing here. Just a variant rule set shard asking for a small change.

M

MoonglowMerchant

But how does EA tell the difference between a Siege account and a Non-Siege account?

I'm sure that I'm counted as a Siege account since I log in there a few times a month, but there's no way in hell I would pay $13.00 a month just for Siege.

I'd be willing to bet that in an average month there are only 100-200 accounts actively playing Siege.
Think about it as log in data. Every month, 3 percent of the total log ins are to Siege. That is how they get "three percent" of the playerbase.

So yes, you would count as part of that 3 percent but a very, very small part.

I don't think there are 1500 people playing Siege. I'd agree that there are a few hundred who actively play. However, there are thousands of houses. Many people pay for their account and never play just because they don't want to lose their house. This is true on any shard.

If the shard was actually supported, more people would actually play there.

It could support itself now and with a little effort, EA could get a lot of people to play Siege.

That is why we need the ROT changes.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please stay on topic, folks. It is not an us vs them thing here. Just a variant rule set shard asking for a small change.
Well, we can always use this on Rico...but I suspect he is starting to build up an immunity:

:twak:

With Moonglow, I am not sure, so maybe just best to distract him with dancing broccoli.

:danceb:

-Skylark

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was my impression the developers mentioned ROT fixes would take time and were being implemented. So why are so many threads being made on this in UHall? Seige is a niche group, and like any other niche group this material does not belong in UHall...but rather on the siege shard forum.

Moderators, how about keeping matters in their proper forums as per the rules you police?

Thank you.

M

MoonglowMerchant

It was my impression the developers mentioned ROT fixes would take time and were being implemented. So why are so many threads being made on this in UHall? Seige is a niche group, and like any other niche group this material does not belong in UHall...but rather on the siege shard forum.

Moderators, how about keeping matters in their proper forums as per the rules you police?

Thank you.
I'm not sure what shard you play, but if your shard goes down does that get posted in your shard forum or U Hall?

My point is U Hall is for everyone, including Siege players. If you don't want to be bothered with ROT threads, don't read them.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Incorrect, U Hall is made for anyone who wants to whine about something. This is why you see hundreds of useless posts. I mean, people whining because they haven't gotten a chest off of Miasma?

If you want to cry about something, U Hall is the place.

Just don't read the posts. I'm thinking about having our IT department blacklist this section of the forums from my PC so I can get some work done. I just can't help myself, I'm amazed at the stupidity of 90% of the forum population.
It would appear that you are correct. It would also appear you are a part of the very thing you rant about. Interesting.

B

butthead owns

so you can hire a good player you do know in life to train your players for you if you cant trust them then dont but if not then dont play you all call your self true vets then stop crying and work the skill this is why they made soul stone for all you cry babys so you can work the skill on a weaker player and then when he is gmed or 120ed it then you can swap it arnd to your most fav yall really make me rofl sometime how you call your self a vet when you cant even find time to work a skill makes me think yall went to ebay and bought your acct

B

butthead owns

what would be cool is if the returned the power hour which so owned in the old days why dont yall ask for that instead or just work your acct most of these skill if worked can be 120ed in a week and you can gm taming in a week if you work on it there is many trick to the game to do each skill if you would go to the right spot on stratics it tell you each skill and how to work it thru true vets posting what works which does need little revamping to new ages of skills but post what skills you haveing an issue and maybe start a new thread of it and i will tell you where to go and how to work it lol

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finally Bo has landed on the Uhall. Bo knows this guy butthead is certianly living up to his name. Bo thinks you should re-read the topic at hand and understand what ROT is and why the people are complaining. Oh wait maybe you should understand what SP is. SP stand for Siege Perilous. The place where you only have 1 character per account. hmm Bo thinks this would be hard to swap soulstones since they are account specific. Also Sir Butthead rot is a system where you can only gain .1 every 5 minutes from 70 to 80 skill points, than from 80 to 100 you have to wait 10 minutes for every .1 skill gain. Than from 100 to 120 you have to wait 15 minutes for you lousy .1 gain. The topper is you can only gain 2.1 total skill points per day. Bo thinks you need to go back to your safety net of not gettin pked cuase you sir butthead need to be pked a million times over.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Directed to last 2 posts: My faith in humanity has just decreased by 0.1.

First, you have ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE of punctuation, grammar, or spelling.

Second, you opened your mouth in a thread that you know NOTHING about the issue being discussed. RoT PREVENTS skills from being rapidly trained. There is a hard cap on how many points you can gain each day. Skills CANNOT be 120ed in a week, no matter how much you play. And, you show your ignorance again saying to train a skill on one character and then soulstone it to another. YOU ONLY HAVE ONE CHARACTER SLOT ON SIEGE.

So, in summary, you have no idea what you're talking about, and your grammar, spelling, and punctuation is some of the worst I have ever seen. The way you talked in those 2 posts shows that maybe YOU are the one that bought an account off E-bay. Trying to tell them they are noobs and you are a true vet just makes you look incredibly stupid when coupled with your statement that they should just "put more time into working their account." Lrn2Siege buddy.

And now back on-topic: Yes, something needs to be done about RoT. Removing it entirely may be too drastic, but at the very minimum the amount you can gain per day should be tripled.

Edit: Sorry, not directed at the last 2 posts now, it is directed at butthead's (what a fitting name) 2 posts.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The problem I have with this statement Kelmo is that any other topic repeated on these boards would be deleted or else moved to r & f. The devs have already answered that this is a lengthy process to change and is being looked into. So really I see no reason to beat a dead horse, do you? I think this is honestly like the 6th or so thread on this in less than two monthes.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem I have with this statement Kelmo is that any other topic repeated on these boards would be deleted or else moved to r & f. The devs have already answered that this is a lengthy process to change and is being looked into. So really I see no reason to beat a dead horse, do you? I think this is honestly like the 6th or so thread on this in less than two monthes.
who are u to tell the mods what to do? u see the title of a thread that reads "plz fix rot" dont open it! omg that's to easy! but no u rather whine and cry when no cares geeeze. dont be so jealous of us just cause u cant survive on a real shard! go back to ur little protected trammie world!

now back to topic! plz fix rot:)

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

One way to tell is our housing count.
Another is to look at the guild listings.
Top guild right now is "The Syndicate" on Atlantic with 346 veteran members (522 total), keep in mind 5-7 char per account. So lets just divide that # by 3 because perhaps not all the chars are in the one guild. So about 115 (174) actual paid accounts in that guild.
Now lets look at Siege's top guild.
Gilfane 66 veteran members and 99 paid accounts in that guild acording to stratics.
(just logged on and counted over 130 paid accounts in the guild)
Over 90 people in GIL logged in last week alone.

One guild people and I just compared it's numbers to THE top guild over all shards.
Siege is far from dead.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so you can hire a good player you do know in life to train your players for you if you cant trust them then dont but if not then dont play you all call your self true vets then stop crying and work the skill this is why they made soul stone for all you cry babys so you can work the skill on a weaker player and then when he is gmed or 120ed it then you can swap it arnd to your most fav yall really make me rofl sometime how you call your self a vet when you cant even find time to work a skill makes me think yall went to ebay and bought your acct

ROFL. Have you ever logged onto Siege, or UO for that matter?...la

S

Solikos

We know it's not a simple thing to change it, it takes time.
For Pete's sake, how frigging hard could it be to fix this?
I think I agree that it should be a fairly easy fix... Perhaps a server reboot and 15 seconds - 15 minutes to change the coding?

-----

Please do not dismiss RoT. It is a great system.
I basically agree... It weeds many players out and tests a players dedication to his/her character. In the end, I suppose it fortifies ones pride in their character as well. However, how many veteran players and great people stay away from Siege because of RoT? I'm by no means against RoT, but:

RoT FTW...just needs "tweaked"
In my opinion it should be loosened up to about 5.0 skill gains instead... A different option would be allow 1.0 skill gains in each skill (not accumulated)... That way your character could actually advance decently in various fields at once, at first at least... Trying to hone a single skill would take longer, though.

-----

So yeah Siege could support itself if all you wanted was a server plugged in somewhere with no bug fixes, no content, no events, no GM staff, etc.
Regardless of the numbers, Siege players pay rent as well. Asking for changes to a small community has some potential issues such as requiring 'special attention.' On the other hand, it is thus easier to hear them and make local change. It's not and never will be a matter of being a power house server; it's a matter of being heard and making change possible; it's about special needs for a special server.

-----

And for good measure...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One way to tell is our housing count.
Another is to look at the guild listings.
Top guild right now is "The Syndicate" on Atlantic with 346 veteran members (522 total), keep in mind 5-7 char per account. So lets just divide that # by 3 because perhaps not all the chars are in the one guild. So about 115 (174) actual paid accounts in that guild.
Now lets look at Siege's top guild.
Gilfane 66 veteran members and 99 paid accounts in that guild acording to stratics.
(just logged on and counted over 130 paid accounts in the guild)
Over 90 people in GIL logged in last week alone.

One guild people and I just compared it's numbers to THE top guild over all shards.
Siege is far from dead.
You forgot to add GIL is a RP guild and like two ppl pvp in GIL...but in all honesty ive seen SP's population grow the last week...

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You forgot to add GIL is a RP guild and like two ppl pvp in GIL...but in all honesty ive seen SP's population grow the last week...
Your point?
I and most of GIL will send noobs the right direction. We also think tamers should not PvP.

M

mmmbeer

this thread is getting so old and annoying....

quit posting just to bring it back to front page sheesh

M

Masuo Kenji

The majority of Siege players have agreed that there needs to be changes to RoT.

Before stratics went down, there were many polls and posts about how the RoT system needed to be changed. The daily cap should be increased by 3x and the timers shortened so you can reach your daily cap in around an hour.

It should take your character a month to reach full GM, and a few more weeks after that for skills over GM, opposed to taking four to six months to reach it.

We want to keep RoT, but the system is archaic and when it was created it was before powerscrolls existed.

What Siege just wants is an update on the situation, either "We are considering it and we are still working on a change" or, "We are not going to work on it at this time (and here are our reasons)".

That is all we want, a response. Until then, you will still see Siege players talking about it on here until we get one.

B

butthead owns

they need to fix lot of junk and i wish they would stop and take the time to see how many people of this game that have quit due to it

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The majority of Siege players have agreed that there needs to be changes to RoT.

Before stratics went down, there were many polls and posts about how the RoT system needed to be changed. The daily cap should be increased by 3x and the timers shortened so you can reach your daily cap in around an hour.

It should take your character a month to reach full GM, and a few more weeks after that for skills over GM, opposed to taking four to six months to reach it.

We want to keep RoT, but the system is archaic and when it was created it was before powerscrolls existed.

What Siege just wants is an update on the situation, either "We are considering it and we are still working on a change" or, "We are not going to work on it at this time (and here are our reasons)".

That is all we want, a response. Until then, you will still see Siege players talking about it on here until we get one.

totally agree! great post:)

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How difficult can a code fix really be? somewhere in the code, it says, if a, b, c, d, e, f, and, g are met, then do Y. So............change that to 2 or 3 x Y and call it a day.

From reading these boards for years, it seems the real problem is that, the devs really have no idea where to start looking, in the antiquated code, for the ROT code, and have no desire to tackle the project.

It is after all, much easier to distract the unruly masses with pretty shiney new objects than to dig into the 10 year old code, and actually correct the problem.

While I am at it, why the F#&% recreate the wheel? 2D UO is great, re-wright the code from scratch, DO NOT RELEASE THE SOURCE, and put out a "new" client that cannot be scripted, update the graphics some (although I LOVE the isometric view) and call it a game. The depth of UO is astounding, work with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And fix ROT on Seige, hehe!

A

archite666

Hell yeah fix rot on Siege!

And give us an update on the situation, and to those of you that dont like us posting here, tough.

Dont open this thread then, we have as much right to post here as you do.

Also it will be quite amusing when we see you on our shard in a few years, because everyone makes their way here eventually and once ROT is fixed it will happen faster than before.

M

MoonglowMerchant

This would be a good Friday topic...

Q: When is ROT going to be adjusted?

A: We appreciate the immense patience of the Siege playerbase. Six years is too long for anything to be broken. This has been moved to the top of our priority list and will be hotfixed within the next two weeks.