• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fix Rot On Sp Plz:)

G

galefan2004

Wow! That was a mouthful. I am just here to promote my Shard and my folks.
That wasn't directed to you...that was directed to Chardonay that answers everything with a personal attack and honestly thinks people should care about what he cares about. Its amazing how he isn't banned by now because all he can do is insult and flame.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That wasn't directed to you...that was directed to Chardonay that answers everything with a personal attack and honestly thinks people should care about what he cares about. Its amazing how he isn't banned by now because all he can do is insult and flame.
been there done that...hello my names chardonnay nice to meet you...i honestly dont care what YOU think...any blues around?

G

galefan2004

you know what annoys me?Hearing you cry about a thread you dont even have to read...do you do this often?No its called people you ever looked at the populations on wow servers?more people play pvm servers then pvp servers so that why we have fewer ppl...i mean honestly whos telling you this stuff you reading this out of a book or something?
The WoW server populations are just about even. There are plenty of active PvP shards...do you guys honestly want to use PvP as an excuse for not having ANY population. If these posts indicate anything, the thing that keeps you not having a population is the attitudes you post here with.

The second most populated server in WoW is a PvP server.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php?sort=Total

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We Siege folk post here because it is where we get heard. The devs read Siege about as often as they read any shard forum. I am trying to tell folks that Uhall is the worst way to contact EA/Mythic.

This is where the fish are.

If you have issues with Siege asking for some love, please skip over these threads. We just want to play too. Our game may be a bit different. It is our game.

G

galefan2004

then quit contradicting yourself...
I have yet to contradict myself at all. I don't like SP because of negative inflamatory posts from many of its players. I don't wish to play there. That doesn't mean I can't care about issues on the shard (oh wait, it does cause I don't play there). If you want to post on UHall then don't complain when people that read UHall respond.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The WoW server populations are just about even. There are plenty of active PvP shards...do you guys honestly want to use PvP as an excuse for not having ANY population. If these posts indicate anything, the thing that keeps you not having a population is the attitudes you post here with.

The second most populated server in WoW is a PvP server.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php?sort=Total
You might wanna add those numbers up..tunnel vision much?

G

galefan2004

If you have issues with Siege asking for some love, please skip over these threads. We just want to play too. Our game may be a bit different. It is our game.
I have no issue with you asking for love...

However, do you really need multiple threads to do it in? Do you honestly think that the level of immaturity shown by some of your players helps your cause? I mean, if I was a blue, and I was even thinking about bringing up any of your issues to the other people on the development team that actually read these boards I would be afraid they would laugh at me. You have people here attacking every aspect of UO and the players themselves because they feel the need to prove something. Thats just not a very good way to get a blues attention.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC.

"People macro skills because they are forced to not because they want to. If skill systems worked in such a way that you could gain through normal play on production shards I am pretty sure there would be a cut back of macroers. Our form of ROT is GGS. You guys get one GGS every 15 minutes up to 2.5 (or whatever) skill points a day. We get 1 GGS every 2 days, and some people have taken literal YEARS to get their skills finished. You think months is something something complain about?"

I started just about the time Aos came out and trained up several char on Pacific before coming to siege it's just been years so my memory of GGS is a bit foggy. Like I said I hapen to enjoy training skill so I am not complaining.

"been there done that...hello my names chardonnay nice to meet you...i honestly dont care what YOU think...any blues around?"
Umm you quit and are selling your accounts....why the hell are you trolling the boards still?

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mistake...I thought it was UHALL not SPHALL.
This is the place for general discussion about Ultima Online gameplay, development issues, and related Ultima Online issues. Please keep posts on topic, and use the U. Hall OT for off-topic posts!

FTW...

F

FarukAlazar

I've had an interest in Siege for a while. I would definitely have a crafter on there if it wasn't for RoT.

As for there being too many threads about it, if its fixed, they will go away, Siege will be more populous, and everyone will be happy.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had an interest in Siege for a while. I would definitely have a crafter on there if it wasn't for RoT.

As for there being too many threads about it, if its fixed, they will go away, Siege will be more populous, and everyone will be happy.
QFT...*claps*

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im a customer just like you 12.99x2...am i the only sp person complaining about rot?kthnxbye...i dont want them to read my posts just the thread title...angry much?
Umm
Quote from Siege board:
"Selling two accounts... until then...im here baby."

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm
Quote from Siege board:
"Selling two accounts... until then...im here baby."
I still got love for siege and want it fixed...btw still selling two accounts...im selling because population,dragons,luna fix those problems ill stay...

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh dear.

I play on Siege
I have a character in training. RoT is important to me.

However I also understand that ramming it down everyone's throat every other week is going to lose us what little sympathy we had.

There's been a poll, Jeremy has posted that things are being done. We've all sent in feed back forms. Can we not just wait a little and see what results? We know it's not a simple thing to change it, it takes time.
we been fighting this since befor nov. if u dont like it dont read it!

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to the rest, if u dont play our shard then dont open the thread. We love this game and we wanna share our shard with people who love the game, who like risks, with out all the care-bear rules. I quit napa when AOS came out. then i was talked into coming to SP. EA made a product that costumers are paying for no matter how few or many of us there is we deserve attention too. We know for a fact that if rot is fixed that we will get more players.
So for u people crying about seeing our posts for help you might as well stop crying to us. cause u wont make us stop posting. We love the game and we dont wanna lose our shard, so we will fight for it!

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Actually, RoT is awesome for crafting. You don't need thousands of resources to train because you know exactly when to get your gains. It was much easier to take my char to 120 tailoring on Siege than it was on Atlantic. This is why I am in favor of increasing the cap and decreasing the timer.

F

FarukAlazar

Actually, RoT is awesome for crafting. You don't need thousands of resources to train because you know exactly when to get your gains. It was much easier to take my char to 120 tailoring on Siege than it was on Atlantic. This is why I am in favor of increasing the cap and decreasing the timer.
Perhaps I'll show up sooner than I thought. :eyes:

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come on over!! I'll be honest, though. It will take a few months to get all crafting skills to 100+. However, in meantime, you can still support yourself. If you are a Bod person, you can collect bods to build up a collection. You can gather resources to build up your supply. If you do come visit, please stay away from Luna!!

C

Crystilastamous

Since you can only have one character, it wouldn't really matter if you could gain skill just as a reg shard.....

The rest of the rules wouldn't change, just skill gain.

Afterall, what good is 120 magery if someone just pwned you and looted your casting jewelry?

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, the troll/flame fest was removed, mainly... Everybody take a deep breath, and those not interested in subject at hand i.e the ROT, please stay away (or at least don't take this opportunity for yet another Siege/Production guerrila war).

Carry on, but with caution.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luckily I'm a thief with a blessed burglers bandana so not many of my skills are going to need to be GM trained.
I thought all the blessed hats were removed? Unless you're talking about your seige blessed item?

C

Clyde

An RoT fix has my support. I would play SP more, if I could gm some of my skills faster. As it stands, I have only been able to gm 2 skills thus far, Mining and Begging (soon I will be a PvP Powerhouse :fight:).

-Clyde

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, like Patty Pickaxe said, ROT is a crafter´s friend. Create a char and invest some time to get your skills to 70 and get some resources (won´t need that much of each). Then you can use ROT to log in during the day when it´s time and get a gain. Between gains you can go back to play on your regular shard.

That way you can still play as normal and create your Siege char at the same time. And then hopefully you will play more on Siege when you feel that your skills are high enough. :)

So don´t forget. ROT is a crafter´s friend.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh yeah, almost forgot.

Pls fix ROT... :)

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it's a siege blessed BB.

Ok so it has been pointed out Rot needs fixing.

Could someone please answer the question several posts up about what would take the least man hours for the DEVs.

Options presented are:
Blackrock gain area put back in (this one I love because it gets people out of town training in a high risk area and is a tremendous boos to community)

Changes to the timer so all gains are 5 minute increments from 70-120

Change the total skill points gained cap

So if one of the Devs could take a quick look at ROT we will be eternaly gratefull.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege needs just a little love in ROT

We don't want all the dev's attention...just our share :)

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in my opinion ROT is nice for some things but the problem comes when the system was created when skills only went to 100 . now that the "normal" is 120 , perhapse iether reduce the delays or shift them up on the scale .

also it is my oppinion that poeple should be allowed to get as many gains as they are willing to work for . the dayly max limit should be removed.

also perhapse something should be done about "phantom gains". (at least warn poeple)

most poeple dont know they exist , so heres the lowdown.

lets say you are training swords . you have a sword powerscroll for 110 . you have trained it up to 110 , you plan on going further but dont have the scroll yet.

if you are maxed and leave the arrow pointing up it still counts gains there . this takes away from your dayly max without giving you actual gains.

it used to frustrate me big time till someone explained this to me . how can i not be gaining ? theres no way i hit my dayly max yet . but there it was time after time id max out and stop gaining long before i should have.

the fix for this is to lock your skills once you hit your scroll max .... if you know to do it great . if not, it can be quite frustrating.

remove the dayly cap and that issue disapears.

now i may be wrong here as ive never seen any official word on this , but thats what someone told me . after i locked all my scroll maxed skills my problem went away.

in any case, i say leave the rot . shift the delays and scrap the dayly max. i dont mind working for my gains . just let me have them if i earn them.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed in spite of
:bdh:

Jeremy did say not too long ago that it turned out to not be a simple fix at all, as was first thought/hoped.

I was hoping it would be part of Publish 54 as that would be 3 publishes after we did the polls and such and were told they would "look into it"...would be nice if we knew yes/no/maybe for 54. It has been over 6 months.

-Skylark

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* I disagree.

A

Azureal

Dear EA,

Please fix RoT on Siege. Im sick to death of these high-horse riding, soap box dwelling, holier-than-thou, walk-a-mile-in-our-shoes SP players whinging all the time.

Lots of Love and Kisses,

Azureal.

P.S. Thanks for the yucca trees.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Dear EA,

Please fix RoT on Siege. Im sick to death of these high-horse riding, soap box dwelling, holier-than-thou, walk-a-mile-in-our-shoes SP players whinging all the time.

Lots of Love and Kisses,

Azureal.

P.S. Thanks for the yucca trees.
Best post ever. *nods* Just fix it. We will come back later, with the next request. This one is number one right now.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it appears that no official response is coming, let's have pretend time.

Suppose they did fix RoT, what would be the next request?

Mine would be to remove all of the item properties that were added with AoS (and everything since)

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I support the SP players! The only thing I ask is would you noisy lot get behind me if I took another run trying to get something done about cheaters, scripters, hackers, etc on UO as a whole? I know I'm :bdh: but I can't help but wondering if its worth another shot.

M

Masumatek

Mine would be to remove all of the item properties that were added with AoS (and everything since)

There is plenty to choose from. I really do think the best thing at this point is to just scrap the current Siege, delete it from existence, and then start over and do it right. Then lock out the standard publishes to Siege so that we don't become trammelized.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Deleting the production shards...la

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed in spite of
:bdh:

Jeremy did say not too long ago that it turned out to not be a simple fix at all, as was first thought/hoped.

I was hoping it would be part of Publish 54 as that would be 3 publishes after we did the polls and such and were told they would "look into it"...would be nice if we knew yes/no/maybe for 54. It has been over 6 months.

-Skylark
Ohh got a linky to that?

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
M

MoonglowMerchant

That's not what you said, you said delete production shards.

SP would not be able to support itself, so you may want to rethink deleting anybody else's playstyle. Especially when their playstyle is the only think keeping yours alive.
SP could support itself.

If production shards went away all the resources that have been sucked from Siege to Trammel over the years would finally benefit the people paying for them.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deleting the production shards...la
So you want them to pull the plug on UO?
Just trammel...la
That's not what you said, you said delete production shards.

SP would not be able to support itself, so you may want to rethink deleting anybody else's playstyle. Especially when their playstyle is the only think keeping yours alive.
So I changed my mind. Sue me...la

Trammel ------------------------------------------->

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand that, and I don't mean to be overly offensive all the time, but ever hear the expression..."you catch more flies with honey?" Yeah, I know "the squeaky gear gets the grease". In this day and age, EA is simply buying ear plugs and ignoring the gear which isn't exactly fair to SP. However, constant demands from the developers isn't (IMO) the way to get what you want either.
And the award for having the MOST posts that no one takes the time to read goes to... you.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SP could support itself.

If production shards went away all the resources that have been sucked from Siege to Trammel over the years would finally benefit the people paying for them.
I really doubt it.

Even if Seige had 200 active accounts (We can only count accounts for people who would pay $13.00 a month just for Siege)

That's 2,600 a month in revenue. Not even enough to pay a programmer's salary.

So yeah Siege could support itself if all you wanted was a server plugged in somewhere with no bug fixes, no content, no events, no GM staff, etc.

M

MoonglowMerchant

I really doubt it.

Even if Seige had 200 active accounts (We can only count accounts for people who would pay $13.00 a month just for Siege)

That's 2,600 a month in revenue. Not even enough to pay a programmer's salary.

So yeah Siege could support itself if all you wanted was a server plugged in somewhere with no bug fixes, no content, no events, no GM staff, etc.
If Siege represents 3 percent of the UO player base as EA has said, then assuming that there are 200 Siege accounts means that there are less than 10,000 total accounts (6,667 to be exact). Do you believe there to be less than 10,000 subscribers?

If you think there are 50,000 subs then Siege accounts for 1500 of those. That is over $15,000 per month. Free shards run for $4000 a month with better in game content and support than EA.