• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fix Rot On Sp Plz:)

G

Gwendar-SP

Again?? How many posts have you started on this?

Maybe they should "fix" it back to what it was when I started on Siege. Every 20 min, 40 min, and every hour.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Gwendar, bless you for being a Siege player. Obviously a long time Siege player. Times and game mechanics have changed over the years. I for one want to see RoT stay. I just feel it needs a slight adjustment to account for all of the changes over the years. Power scrolls and what not.

Back in the day, when GM was the best you could be, the present system is fine. Times change.

A

archite666

they do indeed, no casual gamer wants to spend the current time working skills, much less like it was years ago.

As it has been stated, this is a veteran shard.

No veteran wants to retrain his entire character at a even slower rate, after all most people don't have the time to dedicate time every single day for months on end just to get to the same end game so they finally pvp with everyone, its killing the shard.

R

RedDaTeef

Agreed, this could possibly restore Siege to its former glory by bringing in many new players. Just do it Devs, just do it!!

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am all for tweaking ROT, increase gains per day at the very least.
Ten points a day with a 5 minute timer all the way to 120 would be great.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ill tell you right now, if they didnt have ROT id give siege another try.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Maybe they should "fix" it back to what it was when I started on Siege. Every 20 min, 40 min, and every hour.

only certain skill were put into ROT. i believe it was resource skills, like magery, tailoring, healing. skill that were not in rot were tactics, anat, weapon skills. or vise versa it was so long ago.

now that 120's are out, we need a fix. people coming from prodo shards want to get out and fight not spend 6 months making a char. when ur gaining 1 skill it dont seem so bad. but when u gaining 7 to 8 it sucks

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they do indeed, no casual gamer wants to spend the current time working skills, much less like it was years ago.

As it has been stated, this is a veteran shard.

No veteran wants to retrain his entire character at a even slower rate, after all most people don't have the time to dedicate time every single day for months on end just to get to the same end game so they finally pvp with everyone, its killing the shard.
Shard's fine people all over after 6 est...enjoy it...

btw,fix rot-i have common sense and aint in denial...

calibek

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah RoT needs some work. Luckily I'm a thief with a blessed burglers bandana so not many of my skills are going to need to be GM trained. Hiding wasn't too bad but it takes so long when most people just want to get out there.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We definitely need some improvements to the RoT timers. Having a timer isn't so bad, but its the length of the timers that becomes a problem. I also wouldn't be terribly upset if RoT were removed all together. Encourage people to play, instead of discouraging them.

Please also add Siege to the list of Shards available to new players. I think most people are capable of making the decision about where to play, for themselves.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing I have wondered for a long time is what is required in terms of man hours to make the Siege specific changes we request.
For example do away with the point cap on ROT?
(please correct my math if it's wrong) That would mean 96 gains a day per skill at 99-120 skill Or 67.2 total points per day for 7 skills trained. Thats for 24 hours and no alacrity scroll.
Or is adjusting the point cap just as simple a fix?

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the biggest prob with rot is the point cap. 2.1 aday :( it need to be trippled atleast...

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
once they respond u'll never have to see it again, but until they so u suffer...

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patience my dear.

@Everyone who has no intrest in Siege please don't click on the thread.
It's a nich posting that is VERY important to some; much like the ABM or threadzilla or the ..... need I say more?

Oh and BTW the Siege cat thread is kicking the uhall threazilla/cat threads butt.

G

Gwendar-SP

only certain skill were put into ROT. i believe it was resource skills, like magery, tailoring, healing. skill that were not in rot were tactics, anat, weapon skills. or vise versa it was so long ago.

now that 120's are out, we need a fix. people coming from prodo shards want to get out and fight not spend 6 months making a char. when ur gaining 1 skill it dont seem so bad. but when u gaining 7 to 8 it sucks

When I trained ALL skills were in RoT. I loved it. In three months I had better trained characters than the ones I left on GL. Course I never got excited about power training. Repeating the same thing over and over just to gain.

I have to admit that I did like the server line thing we had.

Am not sure when they changed the timer. I suspect that it may have been in response to power scrolls. All my training after my original GMs was with the new times.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh dear.

I play on Siege
I have a character in training. RoT is important to me.

However I also understand that ramming it down everyone's throat every other week is going to lose us what little sympathy we had.

There's been a poll, Jeremy has posted that things are being done. We've all sent in feed back forms. Can we not just wait a little and see what results? We know it's not a simple thing to change it, it takes time.

M

Masumatek

I don't want you to leave Siege since I don't want to see our population decline further...but I still must say that sometimes I wonder why some even play MMORPGs instead of sticking to single player games. A major ROT change will greatly increase our population. You know...the MMO part? A major ROT change will not hurt Siege. ROT in its current not in anyway an essential part of Siege. Siege does not become more trammyish with a ROT change, as it would with other changes. And yet, you oppose this change. Given the above, it's hard not to think you're opposed to a healthy population on Siege.

G

galefan2004

That would make the ROT system better than the current gain system on production shards for most skills. Is that really what you are asking for? I thought your shard was for the big bad high and mighty player that was better than everyone else on the production shards. Thats the claims you always make, but you want to have a system that lets you work some skills easier than production shard players do...please explain.

G

galefan2004

RoT can be your friend. Trust me.
I know I'm disrespectful like 95% of the time, but that is part of the hugest issue I have. You guys have yet to say how you want ROT fixed other than to speed the gains up. If you honestly want the gains sped up then you are proposing a system that works better than the skill gain system on ALL other shards. I would LOVE to get one gain every 5 minutes at a max of 10 gains a day for taming. I would get all warm and fuzzy about such a system. You guys are proposing that system, but you are saying SP is hardcored at the same time. I simply don't understand it.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should keep rot the way it is now just put the black rock gain areas back.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just looking for some Siege love. We play here too.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Explain our drama? We are unique. We like our game. I hope you enjoy yours.

G

galefan2004

They should keep rot the way it is now just put the black rock gain areas back.
I know I don't play your shard, but for what is worth...

IMO, they should take the hard cap off of the gains per day. Having such a cap is stupid IMO. If someone wants to play for 20 hours with getting a gain every 15 minutes then they should be able to do so. Effort should be rewarded. I'm not sure you need to lower the timer, but yeah they really should just remove the cap on gains per day. Also, they should just allow you guys to start new characters with 80 in a skill (in 2 skills). That means you guys are much closer to competing straight out of the box.

Just because I get iritated with some of the people from your shard from time time doesn't mean I don't think you should get some attention. I just think that, on a whole, you guys should realise that you don't deserve speical attention just because you are a special shard. When you are under 10% of the player base you should be happy for what is given to you. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get your issues addressed. It just means you shouldn't demand it. I played DAoC on Gaheris (PVM only 10% of the population if that) and we never once demanded stuff from the developers and we got what they gave us. Sometimes we were happy, and sometimes we were not, but we always knew that they would give more love to the 90% of the player base over the 10%.

G

galefan2004

Just looking for some Siege love. We play here too.
I understand that, and I don't mean to be overly offensive all the time, but ever hear the expression..."you catch more flies with honey?" Yeah, I know "the squeaky gear gets the grease". In this day and age, EA is simply buying ear plugs and ignoring the gear which isn't exactly fair to SP. However, constant demands from the developers isn't (IMO) the way to get what you want either.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Pete's sake, how frigging hard could it be to fix this?

Fix ROT please!

I grinded out three characters on Siege from September 07 til' Jan 08 and gave up. I'd like to maybe finish those characters sometime this century.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand that, and I don't mean to be overly offensive all the time, but ever hear the expression..."you catch more flies with honey?" Yeah, I know "the squeaky gear gets the grease". In this day and age, EA is simply buying ear plugs and ignoring the gear which isn't exactly fair to SP. However, constant demands from the developers isn't (IMO) the way to get what you want either.
ever heard of "took 2 yrs to fix pbd"?OH no you dont because you dont play sp and if you did you would know what we put up with...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Your opinion is your's. When you are a Siege player I will consider it. We are here for the real deal Siege players.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would make the ROT system better than the current gain system on production shards for most skills. Is that really what you are asking for? I thought your shard was for the big bad high and mighty player that was better than everyone else on the production shards. Thats the claims you always make, but you want to have a system that lets you work some skills easier than production shard players do...please explain.
UO is about playing. I am fed up with all the people running scripts to "level" there toons just to play. I am one of the few who enjoys training (no UOA either all button clicking and UO maccros) But if you just want to get out there and compete I am all for speeding things up.

*Edit*
"I would LOVE to get one gain every 5 minutes at a max of 10 gains a day for taming. I would get all warm and fuzzy about such a system. You guys are proposing that system, but you are saying SP is hardcored at the same time. I simply don't understand it."

Sorry I am quite a bit out of the loop on skill gains on a prodo shard. I just agree that ROT needs some tweaking and some of the things I proposed were more directed at what would be the least time intensive to change for the devs.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Wow...are you like 2? You do realise the reason people want to shut down SP and get rid of it is because of people like you right? I mean, you honestly have to personally assault everyone that you disagree with. Some day, when you grow up, you might actually realise that not every problem can be solved with straight on hostility. At least, I hope you learn that some day before you end up in prison because someone looked at you wrong and you end going above and beyond to prove your manhood.
Wow! That was a mouthful. I am just here to promote my Shard and my folks.

G

galefan2004

ever heard of "took 2 yrs to fix pbd"?OH no you dont because you dont play sp and if you did you would know what we put up with...
I wasn't playing SP. However, I was there when the issue happened. I was posting in favor of them fixing the PBD issues on SP. Yes, I honestly thought it was a stupid idea to give some players on SP PBDs and not others. I honestly think it should have never been a problem because they should have had more forethought than to introduce an item that would allow players created before a certain date to over power the players created after that date. I love how you assume I wasn't there when I was. I love how you assume I wasn't arguing on behalf of SP players when I was. I had major issues with the PBDs on SP. I don't have to play your server to support your server, and when you guys aren't being hostile to everyone that doesn't come play on your sever, I'm normally in support of SP players.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patience my dear.

@Everyone who has no intrest in Siege please don't click on the thread.
It's a nich posting that is VERY important to some; much like the ABM or threadzilla or the ..... need I say more?

Oh and BTW the Siege cat thread is kicking the uhall threazilla/cat threads butt.
Then, truely not to be offensive, shouldn't it be posted on the SP forums?
Using that logic ABM and the others should be in OT forum not on U hall.
Also the things posted are game mechanics not shard specific issues (even though Siege is the only shard involved).

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't playing SP. However, I was there when the issue happened. I was posting in favor of them fixing the PBD issues on SP. Yes, I honestly thought it was a stupid idea to give some players on SP PBDs and not others. I honestly think it should have never been a problem because they should have had more forethought than to introduce an item that would allow players created before a certain date to over power the players created after that date. I love how you assume I wasn't there when I was. I love how you assume I wasn't arguing on behalf of SP players when I was. I had major issues with the PBDs on SP. I don't have to play your server to support your server, and when you guys aren't being hostile to everyone that doesn't come play on your sever, I'm normally in support of SP players.
then quit contradicting yourself...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However, with attitudes like that one you just alienate yourself from the player base, and you don't have the numbers on SP alone to demand anything of the developers.
do you see what your writing?youve contridicted yourself like 4 times...

B

Bama

To ROT or Not to ROT.
I have only been on SP for 3 months, so bear with me , this is only my opinion.

I like ROT, is it annoying YES, Are things slow, well thats all relative.
On a prodo shard it takes how long to build a 120 tamer? try getting 2.1 gains after gm a day.
How much does it cost to gm Alchemy, poisoning, carpentry tinkering.ect ect.

Now why do I really like ROT... For one thing, I notice alot of cheaters and hackers on prodo shards there nature seems to be win at all cost and INSTANT GRATIFICATION, well there not getting that on SP. So many stay away, not all but many do.
S/P reminds me of the game long ago, element of danger and no one 7X in a week. On a production shard in 7 days you can get 120 SS, Necro, Focus, Magery, EI, Med. I ahve been told less in some cases, however all I have been able to do is 7 days.
So If they change ROT I dont think it will better the community , new blood is already comming in. There is plenty of prey for everyone.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To ROT or Not to ROT.
I have only been on SP for 3 months, so bear with me , this is only my opinion.

I like ROT, is it annoying YES, Are things slow, well thats all relative.
On a prodo shard it takes how long to build a 120 tamer? try getting 2.1 gains after gm a day.
How much does it cost to gm Alchemy, poisoning, carpentry tinkering.ect ect.

Now why do I really like ROT... For one thing, I notice alot of cheaters and hackers on prodo shards there nature seems to be win at all cost and INSTANT GRATIFICATION, well there not getting that on SP. So many stay away, not all but many do.
S/P reminds me of the game long ago, element of danger and no one 7X in a week. On a production shard in 7 days you can get 120 SS, Necro, Focus, Magery, EI, Med. I ahve been told less in some cases, however all I have been able to do is 7 days.
So If they change ROT I dont think it will better the community , new blood is already comming in. There is plenty of prey for everyone.
cut the timer in half and double gains...

G

galefan2004

UO is about playing. I am fed up with all the people running scripts to "level" there toons just to play. I am one of the few who enjoys training (no UOA either all button clicking and UO maccros) But if you just want to get out there and compete I am all for speeding things up.
I'm not talking about power training. I'm talking about simple gain systems. One gain every 15 minutes up to 10 times a day is A LOT better for many skills than it currently is on production shards.

Sorry I am quite a bit out of the loop on skill gains on a prodo shard. I just agree that ROT needs some tweaking and some of the things I proposed were more directed at what would be the least time intensive to change for the devs.
People macro skills because they are forced to not because they want to. If skill systems worked in such a way that you could gain through normal play on production shards I am pretty sure there would be a cut back of macroers. Our form of ROT is GGS. You guys get one GGS every 15 minutes up to 2.5 (or whatever) skill points a day. We get 1 GGS every 2 days, and some people have taken literal YEARS to get their skills finished. You think months is something something complain about?

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not talking about power training. I'm talking about simple gain systems. One gain every 15 minutes up to 10 times a day is A LOT better for many skills than it currently is on production shards.

People macro skills because they are forced to not because they want to. If skill systems worked in such a way that you could gain through normal play on production shards I am pretty sure there would be a cut back of macroers. Our form of ROT is GGS. You guys get one GGS every 15 minutes up to 2.5 (or whatever) skill points a day. We get 1 GGS every 2 days, and some people have taken literal YEARS to get their skills finished. You think months is something something complain about?
RoT FTW...just needs "tweaked"