• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farewell to Calvin

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The UO team would like to let our players know that Calvin has moved on to another adventure in his life. He is no longer the Producer of UO, but rest assured that things are going on as they always have. For those that have been with UO for a while you know that many have come and gone over the 14 years, but UO always continues!

The UO Team!
Thank you for the time at the helm Cal, and best wishes & success to your future. Hope to see you out & about in the industry, don't be a stranger.

Thanks Mesanna for keeping the players informed.

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cal "carebear" Crowner has taken a different Path on his Journey. I Thank him for his contribution to Sosaria and wish him nothing but the Best in his future. Many who depart Sosaria, do so only for a Time before rejoining our continuing Story. I hope this is so with Cal.

Tis My most sincere wish that the grEAt powers will smile upon Sosaria and find us another who truly understands and loves Sosaria and who will Shepherd us toward better days ahead.

May the naysayers be paralyzed and silent; for now is a time to Celebrate Cal's contributions, Wish him well, and continue moving positively to better days ahead.

I believe Cal would say something like this were he here.

An SoS

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Cal

Thanks for the time we had you here. I feel you did manage to changes the route a little. Ter Mur and Abuss is the best add to UO for years and the fact, that a little piece of it is PvP zone, even on normal shards is great.

There is still long way to bring back the magic to UO but you was on right way.

What I wish for the future of UO is more community feeling, more need for your fellow players to make it in UO. Also less item depended would be nice. Now alot items are so valuable, that you can't affort losing them to monsters or other players.
To bring UO back to life, we need stuff to changes hands more offen, we need players to depend of crafters, resourse collectors, farmers, defenders, treasure hunters.

Far to many play UO as a singleplayer game, they don't really care about the other players, only about their piles of checks.

The first yours I played, I logged in to be with friends and hunt with them. They needed me and I needed them. I do still have friends but they do not depend of me and I do not depend of them so we don't really play together.

Sure we need to move forward but we also need that magic feeling back of playing in a second world.

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much, Cal, for all the things you did for us.

I'll never forget that you had concern about players of Japan all the time. I believe that you visited Japan most frequently among producers in the past.

And it is thanks to you that players of Japan can now use EC as freely as players in other countries. *bows*

Take care, good luck and safe journey.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Mr Crowner, for your care and time you took listening for "the UO player" (like me), out here.

Good luck in your future endeavours, where ever they are! Hope to hear/read from you soon! :)

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cal actually took the time to pm me before with some issues about Siege Perilous...for that alone you have my thanks

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope Cal can also give us a shor statement or a goodbye message, i have pmed him a few times in the past, nice and friendly person!

Go on and work on your dream, i know you have the know how to bring a new UO like mmorpg, learning by doing!

Farewell!

Leurocian

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farewell, Calvin. I want to thank you for everything you did for UO.

Sweet water and light laughter until next...

--L

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

--L
PATRICK!!!! :heart: Good to see you're still lurkin ;) hope you and the family are doin well :)

Still waiting to hear word on Cal...he is already very much missed :(

P

pgib

C'mon guys, we are not celebrating a funeral here.

Change is good: new projects, new challenges, new people, that's what makes life interesting.

Of course it is bad for UO to loose someone that acquired the knowledge about the game that only experience can get.

But we know we are left in good hEAnds.

Or... oh my god... (start crying...)

K

Kayne

--L
Good to see you still lurking Leurocian. One of the great members of the UO dev team. Any chance you'll come back? :p

F

Fitzrin

Best wishes for the future Calvin and safe voyages.

I hope we didn't make you too crazy.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats not nice... we're cool folks ! :coco:

Working for EA and you are saying we would make him crazy ?

:pie:

wilki24

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*salute*

Thanks Cal for all you did. Not sure I ever told you that, so there it is! :)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah whatever they say about it, I liked Cal at least he knew how to look and deliver relatively straightforwardly...

:talktothehand: