• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farewell to Calvin

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The UO team would like to let our players know that Calvin has moved on to another adventure in his life. He is no longer the Producer of UO, but rest assured that things are going on as they always have. For those that have been with UO for a while you know that many have come and gone over the 14 years, but UO always continues!

The UO Team!

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cal:

I can only wish you the best, and thank you for what you were able to do. Best of luck, and drop us a line to let us know what you're working on next!

K

Kayne

Oh dear there goes another one. Im with siteswap its not at all reassuring

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need I say that negativity, doomcrying, etc.. will not be tolerated in this thread?

Godspeed Cal. You will be missed by those who truly understood what you had to go through for us, the players.

G

Gunga_Din

So does this mean i get the job?

Mesanna + Gunga = Uber Team !!

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Itll certainly be interesting to see who gets the job. And more importantly when. UO cant really afford to be rudderless for any length of time when its not in great shape to start with. Perilous times for UO I think...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
HEY! No fair..I just came back! I didn't even get to know him very well!

*pouts*

AND My modem went out and I've been without internet for 3 days...

Hope the road you are following takes you down a good path Cal, thanks for putting up with us for so long :)

Larisa

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cal,
You stood a lonely watch with very little in the way of equipment against an increasingly angry mob. Hope the next leg of the journey sees the road rise to meet you. Our conversations will be missed.

Fare thee well, where ever you fare.

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda expected it. Don't remember what was said that tipped me off. Be well Cal.

Now.....BRING OUT THE FRESH MEAT!

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, do you think the new guy might be open to the idea of a classic shard? ;)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While the timing isn't ideal I can say with 100% certainty that Cal truly cared about UO and us players. He was not afraid of conversation or listening to our feedback. May whoever fills his shoes keep this in mind and appreciate the path Cal continued on from past Producer's.

*packs a special care package of happy thoughts and well wishes and sends them off to Cal*

K

Kayne

Should this not be uo.com news? Also will Cal be posting a farewell note or just disappearing without a trace?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Farewell, Cal.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should this not be uo.com news? Also will Cal be posting a farewell note or just disappearing without a trace?
Hmmm. Maybe he was, shall we say ... "moved on", in which case his belonging are already packed in a box for him when he turns up and no time for goodbyes. MAybe we'll never know.

T

Tazar

:grrr:

Now we'll have to break in another one to UHall's passionate responses.

I wish you the best Cal. Stop in and say "Hi" any time. :)

Be sure and leave the combat gear for the next guy (or gal). lol

W

Woodsman

I think he liked UO as well, a lot actually, and I wish him well. I've heard that he's moving to another game, and if so, hopefully it will be less stressful.

I've said this before and I'm saying it again, I strongly feel he was unfairly blamed on Stratics and elsewhere for EA problems that were way out of his control. I imagine he had to bite his tongue a lot when reading the forums. Hopefully his tongue will heal over time.

C

canary

I'd love to see Draconi as Producer, to be honest.

Nevertheless, I have a good feeling about UO at this moment, which is something I haven't had in a while.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Safe Travels Calvin, you were one of the better producers UO had =]

Will be watching with interest to see who comes next. :thumbup1:

G

Green Mouser

Reading his posts and seeing him during the High Seas release, he did not seem a good fit.

I wish you the best Cal.

Now, lets get someone excited and imaginative. Not just a task master.

G

Gunga_Din

I'd love to see Draconi as Producer, to be honest.

Nevertheless, I have a good feeling about UO at this moment, which is something I haven't had in a while.
Good feeling? From what? Drink some more kool aid.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah man, I'm sorry to see you go Cal. Thanks again for all the hard work you put in, especially when you got involved in community issues I brought to you or that time my account got hacked. I really appreciate all that you did.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to see you leave Cal. Thanks for everything you did and good luck on the next phase of your journey. I hope you drop by every now and then and let us know what you are up to!

F

Fayled Dhreams

Hmmmph! noted, moving on ...

did you catch the bump Mesanna? or are they going outside to hire in? or
blending the three sword and sorcery themes under one umbrella?
*shrugs*
Leave a note/memo((if you please)): Next "Producers State-of-the-Game"?
rough outline of the "ongoing" structure of the UOteam ...
how it "fits in" in the larger structure would be nice too.

---------------------------

Forum archivists:
okay ... I gots RG(?Rich Vogel), Sunsword, ?Stellerex, Darkscribe and Calvin ...
who am I overlooking? Sannio was a CR guy (?yea/nay?) ...
as was Wilki(at one point, but never Producer)

>Anyone< have a from -- to (dated) list?
thanks in advance.

FD

K

Kayne

New producer when he or she finally comes out of the woodwork will no doubt have a big spiel about how great UO is and how they love it and all the changes they want to make sure we get...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the work you did Cal, and your attempts to connect with your player base. Good luck in whatever you have moved on to. I think many don't understand what the position of "producer" entails, and so didn't appreciate what you did for UO.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best of luck Cal.

I highly doubt you will see Draconi brought back in. He has a great job atm.

Director of Online Development at KaBOOM!

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck Calvin and Mesanna. Thank you both for your efforts!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sigh*

Another good producer leaves us. I hope his next adventure will have less limitations and more freedom than UO had in terms of producing.

J

Jhym

Sorry to see him go, I hope he does well at his next position, as bruised and bloodied as he must be after dealing with us for a few years.

:popcorn: