• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions Tram PvP

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no

ive tested it, you still get the bonus from lumberjacking.

not sure why you think its nerf'd.

The damage bonus was reduced.............

reduced= dropped=nerf.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no

ive tested it, you still get the bonus from lumberjacking.

not sure why you think its nerf'd.
I argue it's nerfed because the damage bonus no longer amounts to what it once did.

Whether that's simply because other skills offer you more benefits, or because the damage bonus itself is less than it once was, or the damage formula has changed in a way that dilutes the bonus, or some other reason, I don't know, because I can't recall the old formulas (formulae?).

-Galen's player

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I argue it's nerfed because the damage bonus no longer amounts to what it once did.
Yes.

I think for the damage bonus it used to be a % per total damage. Now, it's based on base damage of the weapon.

So what used to give you say an extra 10+ points of damage per hit, is now a bonus of like 2-5.

It was a ****ty nerf and ruined the point of having lj in pvp.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pre-AOS a 30% bonus to damage was a huge deal. Today you can get that on a bracelet. There are also half a dozen more useful skills than trying to throw in Lumberjacking for such a pitiful damage increase.

Age of Shadows is what made the lumberjacker obsolete. There were even people running around shortly after AOS still trying to compete like that.

They would have to increase the damage bonus to at least 100% to have the same effectiveness as Pre-AOS.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Pre-AOS a 30% bonus to damage was a huge deal. Today you can get that on a bracelet. There are also half a dozen more useful skills than trying to throw in Lumberjacking for such a pitiful damage increase.

Age of Shadows is what made the lumberjacker obsolete. There were even people running around shortly after AOS still trying to compete like that.

They would have to increase the damage bonus to at least 100% to have the same effectiveness as Pre-AOS.
This is true, but all the other skills (from a pvp point of view) only allow you to do up to x amount of damage, the increase from lj still is able to exceed that. So 100% might be a bit much, then again can not be sure given the fact that its current level adds so little. Would need some player testing I suppose.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think AOS killed it, it was dead before that. The nerf was in 01 and AOS came in what 03? Had it not been nerfed, it'd still probably be used today with the 100% damage increase.