• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions Tram PvP

R

ReaperNI

Alright i start with why there should not be faction fights in other then fel. One ever since they split tram and fel you made 2 different kinds of players tram only are not worried about running into their house before getting ganked. second last thing i need is for a zerg to be sitting outside of the guild house waiting for people to show up to the guild hunt which is a trammel hunt. Secondly i deal with scripts and people telling me "how they are going to own me in real life" enough in fel dont need to be listening to their 15yr butts in tram. i got a thick skin but some players dont and they dont need to be subjected to idiots.

As for tram players wearing faction armor and such i used to have 4 pvp faction fighters and 1 tram sampire yes i used some armor to finish off his suit what if i wanted to help the guild in a spawn in fel just cause i didnt go killing people in fel doesnt mean i wont get stated if i go there. in our guild i think we have round about of 125 players or something like that i would say 10% do factions and have points 90% are tram only and wont even think about going there. of that 90% of tram only players maybe 5% of them actully have points to wear gear so in our guild its not some huge epademic imo.

ive been pvping for about 6-9 months now first time ever. the difference between when i was untrained and trained is like completely night and day. If you are at least one day of training in pvp methods im preety sure you can tell who the tram players are and easily defeat them so im not sure what these seasoned vets of pvp are worried about with the trammies wearing gear?

the one thing i think is a hugh problem starter is the "i honor your leadership" deal these do two thing one they create point banks raising % of points neeeded for levels and secondly allow tram only players to get points to wear the gear that people are afraid of (LOL). take this function away and you will kill two birds with one stone.

Just remeber no matter what some people will always cheat hack script and abuse the system. it a unwinable fight but only thing you can do is try to level the playing feild for us true players.TYR

cant wait till they nerf pot thowers in next patch lot of people going to be sad they cant win anymore

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The simply reason faction fighting should only be in Felucca is that there isn't enough players to support fighting in Trammel/Islhenar/Malas/Tokuno Islands/Stygian Abyss.

Also Factions is supposed to be about controlling the world. I don't think people will be too happy if they start getting charged a tax on their vendors in Trammel that line's the coffers of another player.

S

Scratch

As for tram players wearing faction armor and such
If they want to wear faction gear they MUST be vulnerable to faction fighting, regardless of facet.

the one thing i think is a hugh problem starter is the "i honor your leadership" deal, these do two thing, one they create point banks raising % of points needed for levels, and secondly allow tram only players to get points to wear the gear that people are afraid of (LOL). take this function away and you will kill two birds with one stone.
When you honor someones leadership, you lose 5 points and they gain 4. There is no advantage to this....your stone missed both birds as they were never where you aimed...

cant wait till they nerf pot thowers in next patch lot of people going to be sad they cant win anymore
Yes alot of noobs that assume this makes them good will be missing in action til they can find another way to exploit game mechanics for an advantage.....I doubt when they designed pot capabilities...this is what they had in mind, nor do i believe it was ever conceived as a possibilty before it was released....players found the method when the devs did not

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
umm like EVERYONE has said 1000000000000000000xs i dont give a **** if you sit in trammie land 24/7 and never wanna pvp.. the problem isnt with you guys being in factions and wearing faction items (IMO), its the fact that your trammie guilds join 100+ members in a faction raising the point requirement(I AM NOT blaming the 1,000,000,000 points people roll with on you guys) but it hurts others who pvp.. THEN the worst thing that gets on my nerves is like on ATLANTIC the guild HH! who does nothing but house hides takes the CL position of our faction and doesnt do ****, for the faction..

+ before someone says something stupid like just vote them out of the position.. its kinda of hard when there guild can vote 60+ for one person..

L

Lorelei Rage

Trash us all you want but give me a break we are forth overall on ATL with points do you really think all we do is sit in a house be real. And if you want to be the commanding lord then you better start recruiting! Hmmmm we have really grown so I guess your not happy with the amount of votes I have sorry charlie. And what do I see other guilds giving to factions... hmmm nothing we are the only ones that even attempt to steal the sigs but til breeders can go up why should we waste our time at this point. We have had some major fights in our base with all four factions in the past. But once again you then fall into the cheating/exploiting they either efield themselves right to the sigs which is a bunch of bs or walk on your bag balls that it took you two hours to set up... ask Tayla there is a pic of her on Heat/Hot Forums standing them. So let me ask you what have YOU given to factions.

L

Lorelei Rage

As an afterthought, not sure which char you play by the way but must assume that you are in either N3RD or ET, first of all we are now with SL for hmmm a year or more you are in SL for what a MONTH and are going to trash us. Besides all you do is attack us and help the OJS but you want us to do something for you, be real. Either stick with us like faction should be all SL working together for the cause or keep your opinions to yourself.

V

vitamin

umm like EVERYONE has said 1000000000000000000xs i dont give a **** if you sit in trammie land 24/7 and never wanna pvp.. the problem isnt with you guys being in factions and wearing faction items (IMO), its the fact that your trammie guilds join 100+ members in a faction raising the point requirement(I AM NOT blaming the 1,000,000,000 points people roll with on you guys) but it hurts others who pvp.. THEN the worst thing that gets on my nerves is like on ATLANTIC the guild HH! who does nothing but house hides takes the CL position of our faction and doesnt do ****, for the faction..

+ before someone says something stupid like just vote them out of the position.. its kinda of hard when there guild can vote 60+ for one person..
seems to me if you so called "sl" would not kill your own faction maybe sl could own the factions but since oytur so called guild all they want to do is trash talk and kill your own factions then deal with the outcome. and frist of all hhi seems to do more than you will ever do.and what gives you the right to down grade hhi.when we been here for the duration and you just kill your own faction seems really freaking lame and you seem like a hacke from what i can tell and remeber this hhi rules ya lame nerd

V

vitamin

one more note n3rd is the worst guild ever formed and thanks to you and your lame tatics lost all my stuff so lame attacking own factions i hope you all get owned every day dumb childish dorks. takes all the fun out of game such losers

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one more note n3rd is the worst guild ever formed and thanks to you and your lame tatics lost all my stuff so lame attacking own factions i hope you all get owned every day dumb childish dorks. takes all the fun out of game such losers
:violin::violin:

L

Lorelei Rage

Ok Lets GET BACK ON TOPIC what have you dont for factions? You have not done crap. Get real! and by the way you got off topic as soon as you started crying about me getting all the SL Votes.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
THEN the worst thing that gets on my nerves is like on ATLANTIC the guild HH! who does nothing but house hides takes the CL position of our faction and doesnt do ****, for the faction.
HH! was at Oaks last night, helping us fend off a TB attack.

L

Lorelei Rage

Yeah we do a lot of spawns and get raided a lot... hmmm two weeks ago TF&R and TEEM were in the star room crying cause we got out with all the scrolls. We get raided a lot. ALL factions will stop fighting each other and all attack us, happens all the time, and not to mention the blues that help them.

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah we do a lot of spawns and get raided a lot... hmmm two weeks ago TF&R and TEEM were in the star room crying cause we got out with all the scrolls. We get raided a lot. ALL factions will stop fighting each other and all attack us, happens all the time, and not to mention the blues that help them.
:violin:

well your wrong.. its funny how you cry EVERYONE ATTACKS US!! but today in yew your guild and mine was fighting com/tb together and once the oj's got rolled on your guild turned on us..(big mistake) so we killed the 3 hh that flagged on us. then like 7 HH! rolled up on us and we showed them what 3 mages can do v 6 dexxers and a tamer mage :thumbup1:

so point being dont ****ing attack us our we KOS your guild 24/7 till they quit.. the only person i know that attacks you guys is sir harley/dartonian.. and ill be happy to tell him to stop. so you can take this anyway you want but im offering a truce.. either way it isnt going to hurt our guild.

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Lets GET BACK ON TOPIC what have you dont for factions? You have not done crap. Get real! and by the way you got off topic as soon as you started crying about me getting all the SL Votes.
i could give two ****s if you have the CL position.. good for you! but since you have 100+ members how about getting the sigs?

I was using your guild as an example(because im my eyes your guild= trammie guild) so reread da post and dont take **** to heart :(

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this thread is starting to sound like some of the contributers may be in need of some Midols.

that or a lock.

this isnt a pvp no holds barred forum, its a faction forum in which we 'relax' the rules a bit.
id suggest maybe going to and or getting a no rules pvp thread on your own shard forum.

R

Raconteur

If they want to wear faction gear they MUST be vulnerable to faction fighting, regardless of facet.
That about sums it up.

Now lets go off topic a sec.

*shakes Lorelei* Wake up hun! There isnt anyone or any guild for that matter who is crying over anything that HH and or the SL faction on Atlantic has done, or is doing.

As far as we're concerned, all of you in SL are a non-factor!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the one thing i think is a hugh problem starter is the "i honor your leadership" deal, these do two thing, one they create point banks raising % of points needed for levels, and secondly allow tram only players to get points to wear the gear that people are afraid of (LOL). take this function away and you will kill two birds with one stone.
I'm not sure if theyd really create a ranking problem but I do agree they need to take point transfer out.

When you honor someones leadership, you lose 5 points and they gain 4. There is no advantage to this....your stone missed both birds as they were never where you aimed...
There is no reason for it either except for point mules and trammel faction gear.

C

Cloak&Dagger

I'm not sure if theyd really create a ranking problem but I do agree they need to take point transfer out.

There is no reason for it either except for point mules and trammel faction gear.
It has been around since way before that, so there has always been a reason for it....Such as I recently just got a friend to join and gave them enough points to be rank 10, wouldn't be able to with out that, and then would have to hope they would get the kill while fighting. Well I guess it was not that recent but that is a solid example.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been around since way before that, so there has always been a reason for it....
Just because it has been around doesn't mean there is a good reason to have it. The ****ed up faction ranking system has been around for awhile, suppose we can keep it that way? There must be a reason for it......

Such as I recently just got a friend to join and gave them enough points to be rank 10, wouldn't be able to with out that, and then would have to hope they would get the kill while fighting. Well I guess it was not that recent but that is a solid example.
Which I think is a load of crap. Your friend should get their own points. After, they probably went back to trammel. Also crap.

R

ReaperNI

There is no reason for it either except for point mules and trammel faction gear.[/QUOTE]

agreed no reason cept point mules and tram faction gear. and just because you have a two person guild scratch (& son) doesnt mean that guild like mine knights of ni that recently joined factions 6 months ago should tell all the people that are crafters and all the non pvp templates that they have to deal with ganks. out of many templates i can only think of 1 a mage/other templates that can pvp as well as pvm effectively and even still you would need to set up macros and carry the "pvp bag" apples pots etc.

they need to make lots of changes to factions and right alot of wrongs. TYR

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have time to follow these forums as much as I used to. I'd like to put my opinion out there for all future issues at this point.

Regardless of the debate, my viewpoint is exactly the opposite of ReaperNI.

My opinion would be the average of whatever Tina Small, Cardell, and Berethrain believe.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Just because it has been around doesn't mean there is a good reason to have it. The ****ed up faction ranking system has been around for awhile, suppose we can keep it that way? There must be a reason for it......

Which I think is a load of crap. Your friend should get their own points. After, they probably went back to trammel. Also crap.
Again your point was there is no point other than tram-faction arties. For this to be true they would have had to add this WITH the faction arties, since they didn't the use of it has been the same since it was implemented. The ranking system is not exactly messed up, it works in percentages and works as it was intended to, its only messed up now because of what they did to it with doubling and tripling points along with a few other things.

As for your tram comment, no not really cant go to tram red, unless they changed this? Didn't think so. We also help keep my wife at rank 10 since she is not as good at pvp so when she loses to much, we give her more.

I earned the points, if I wish to give them away is my own business. I do not argue things are messed up, I think things need fixing, I think we need ways to discourage people not participating and running to tram, also need to discourage people holding on to a billion points or more. I just do not fully agree you are pointing to the actual cause of the problems is all.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again your point was there is no point other than tram-faction arties. For this to be true they would have had to add this WITH the faction arties, since they didn't the use of it has been the same since it was implemented. The ranking system is not exactly messed up, it works in percentages and works as it was intended to, its only messed up now because of what they did to it with doubling and tripling points along with a few other things.
There was no point to it before or after faction arties and point mules. And the ranking system has never worked right.

Again just because it has been in the system doesn't mean its right. Otherwise they'd never consider things such as moving the bases.

As for your tram comment, no not really cant go to tram red, unless they changed this? Didn't think so. We also help keep my wife at rank 10 since she is not as good at pvp so when she loses to much, we give her more.
If your friend is red, how is it they cant earn their own points? Why does your wife need rank 10 if she can't pvp. To use arties in trammel?

C

Cloak&Dagger

There was no point to it before or after faction arties and point mules. And the ranking system has never worked right.

Again just because it has been in the system doesn't mean its right. Otherwise they'd never consider things such as moving the bases.

If your friend is red, how is it they cant earn their own points? Why does your wife need rank 10 if she can't pvp. To use arties in trammel?
Never said "can't" in either of my explanations, transferring the points is the least efficient method that you wish to stamp out. It would be more efficient for me to make "point mules" on my other account in a different faction than it would be to do it the way you are suggesting. Or even the way I used when I first started was had a friend in an opposing faction let me kill them once, pretty much getting me rank 9 in one kill rank 10 was easy after that. Your argument is really not very solid since you are trying to remove the least efficient method since you actually lose points over all, and since you cant transfer points to your own account, again....least efficient.

Either way questioning why people "can't" do something is not a very solid basis for your argument. She does pvp, if not she wouldn't need to be given points, and he "could" as well but its not the most effective way to have handled it. instead of waiting to get lucky to get enough kills to get to the rank he wanted (which by the way could take any amount of time, from a day to a month possibly more depending on how much he died as well) it took all of 5 minutes and waiting till morning.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you've managed to convey is that you use it to transfer points to people. And that you do it because it's faster than having them get their own. No kidding?

Also, saying it's least effecient because you lose a point while transferring, when you could make another char in a diff. faction on a diff account for the same thing isn't really an argument for this.

Also if he CAN get his own points and she CAN pvp to get her own points, then there is still no reason for point transfer.

So in turn, the only reason you gave them points is so they could wear faction arties. Correct?

Doesn't sound like I'm wrong here.

R

ReaperNI

i haveposted on some other topics and in ask the devs forums of ways we can fix factions fairly simply. and further more lynk if you go out there and say you disagree with me make sure you know what your talking about. i have read bera. post and i would agree with what she is saying so to go out there and say you disagree becuse you dont like me just makes you sound stupid. its ok we'll let it slide for now. TYR

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have read bera. post and i would agree with what she is saying so to go out there and say you disagree becuse you dont like me just makes you sound stupid. its ok we'll let it slide for now. TYR

She?

R

ReaperNI

for some reason thought it was a girls name no disrespect meant my bad .tyr

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm 100% for faction fighting in all facets.

I don't think someone should be able to rock faction arties, unless they actually partake in factions.

As is, people are joining for personal gain. They don't care about the towns,fighting,balance of power. The only thing they're after is the rank 10 arties.

Imagine how fun it would be fighting in doom,luna,SA....

To top it all off, if factions took place in all facets non faction artifacts value would rise once again.

faction fighting everywhere 4thewin!:drool:

R

ReaperNI

Thats just what i need my crafter out chopping wood getting chased down by a gank mob. telling me how good they are. I say we got enough a**holes in game least we can do is keep mostly in fel.BTW i dont think these clowns egos will fit through a tram gate lol TYR

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
on the same note, i popped a UM recall miner in factions the other day.

easiest damn 10 points i ever made.

i was just banking and i saw the fella recall in, unload and leave.
recall in, unload... leave.

had to exact some punishment..... lets call it a 'stupid tax'
hell, the fella at least should have been doing it in tram where he wouldnt show up neon orange to any passing opposite faction peep, hahahhaa

R

ReaperNI

My crafters are faction becuase they were in guild before guild went factions.not going to jump ship. and another note i believe that only faction crafters can make faction traps not sure i havent played them much i dont think i have the attention span yet to actully sit down and train.TYR

btw i love killing script miners althought i foguht a different one the other day. his script would heal/cure himself in protection so wouldnt fiss and just surpised me that a script could do that after a few moments he recalled out. and sure enough 15 mins later came back and finnaly spamed infecting stirk to kill

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i believe that only faction crafters can make faction traps not sure i havent played them much i dont think i have the attention span yet to actully sit down and train.TYR
Just tinker.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Quote:
hell, the fella at least should have been doing it in fell where he wouldnt show up neon orange, hahahhaa
Huh?
my fingers where moving faster then my brain

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am against this. I, for one, would probably leave Factions for the simple fact that I don't like PvPing everywhere at any time. I do things besides PvP and have only one and a half characters.

I think even hard core Factioners would miss the lack of fighting outside of Felucca more than you are currently realizing.

As it stands now, the other Facets serve an important function for you hard cores. It's neutral territory where you can interact with one another as needed without feeling like you have to kill one another on sight; spy on one another; and perform necessary non-war functions. Such as buying goods and services, resting, acquiring money to fund the war, getting Arcane Circles, etc.

Not everyplace needs to be a war zone. In fact it's considerably more fun when there's war zones and non war zones that are both accessible to you.

If point exploits are fixed, then people will have to participate in Factions to use the Artifacts, just by definition.

-Galen's player

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest I would rather faction players only be allowed in feluccia. I don't care if the vendors are only in Luna. It would give someone a good reason to make vendors in Fel. I don't care if you like sitting and talking to bank sitters in luna while you wait your time out.. Or that you want to sit at the luna gate so you can go afk and let your journal keep you logged in while you are in stat. I just don't give a ****. There is PLENTY of the room in just fel for all of the faction players. Spreading the fighting out over all of the facets would be gay.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to be able to log in one day and just roll the **** out of anyone in tram or luna that has been mooching off factions.... but I'd rather just the pvp population be condensed so conflict is easier while ppl are on pvp characters. If you don't want to be in fel, dont be in factions. I'm just fine with having less trammies mooching my pretty red horses...

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least 1/3 of faction players back in 2000-2001 were lumberjacks.
They weren't crafters with lumberjacking. They used lumberjack for the extra damage before it got nerfed.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
nerfed?

it still does DI ontop of cap

unless i missed them taking that out

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nerfed?

it still does DI ontop of cap

unless i missed them taking that out
Nope, it still does.

But relative to its former use I think it's safe to call it a nerf.

There are too many other skills which are of considerable more use.

-Galen's player

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
no

ive tested it, you still get the bonus from lumberjacking.

not sure why you think its nerf'd.