Faction/Non-Faction Changes

• Thread starter Førsaken
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which Best Suits Siege Perilous In The Matter Of PvP?

• Total voters
E

Elmer Fudd

It's amazing that one person changes their mind on this issue and all of BFF goes into a dead panic and starts foaming at the mouth as per this thread.

If you all get this worked up over faction arties, I can only imagine that you must get suicidal over serious world issues.

When it comes to being in a "Leadership" position, ie...siege representative or guild leader....your a post turtle kat....

If no know one doesnt know what a post turtle is...it when your driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top...

You know she didnt get up there by herself, she doesnt belong up there, she doesnt know whatto do while she's up there, she sure and the hell aint going anywhere, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put her up there in the first place....

Kat im so glad your not our rep....your a post turtle at its finest...lol

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
Fudd - You are far too obsessed with what I'm doing. *Obsession noted.

It seems like I'm taking up a considerable amount of space in your cranium. You should try to think of some other things for a while. I am apparently too much for you to handle. :)

E

Elmer Fudd

It seems like I'm taking up a considerable amount of space in your cranium. You should try to think of some other things for a while. I am apparently too much for you to handle. :)
Thats all you got now huh? your left with only that kind of response?
Np Post Turtle...I understand as well as everyone else........lol

F

Førsaken

Fudd - You are far too obsessed with what I'm doing.
Kat - You are far too obsessed with what we're doing and trying to save face at every corner.

It'll all be alright Kitty Kat.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net

QFT

E

Elmer Fudd

QFT :thumbup1:

p.s. I have to quote myself too, she's thick headed!
I think its so funny, she hates a guild so much, she will cut off her nose to spite her face....but is a self proclaimed siege representative....then back peddles at every chance she gets and attempts to save face then at every corner....what a Post Turtle....lol

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007
Duke is totaly right.

And i will give every tnt gears back for free if they come back and try to raid us at despice all night!

This offer will end (1st October!) Bring the TNT back!
YO YO sup Nadal! Been out on the Bike? Sweet weather last few weeks, did over 3k miles this summer!

Is there actual pvp on Siege again?

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007

When it comes to being in a "Leadership" position, ie...siege representative or guild leader....your a post turtle kat....

If no know one doesnt know what a post turtle is...it when your driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top...

You know she didnt get up there by herself, she doesnt belong up there, she doesnt know whatto do while she's up there, she sure and the hell aint going anywhere, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put her up there in the first place....

Kat im so glad your not our rep....your a post turtle at its finest...lol
Fudd, the funny thing is regarding faction items I am the Only TNT that agrees with you guys, that being said Kat has never, not even once, claimed to be a pvper, she is looking at the shard from a different angle.

I have been in TNT for over 3 years now and can say that Kat is not only a good GM but a great person! I have watched the different versions of your guild come and go and I am here to tell you one thing...TNT is a better guild! Not a better pvp guild, hell not even close but as a guild, no doubt.

I will explain myself. How many times has your guildmates scammed each other? Poor Kage was been fleeced at least twice that I can remember along with a few others, in my 3 years in TNT not one person has ever scammed anyone!

Look at guild migration, when BFF went to Atl or LS or GL it was all splintered, I can remember Kages post saying no way I will leave Siege, well he did, at least for a bit.
when TNT left Siege Kat took 14 people with her, not an easy task.

Guess my point is that a guilds worth needs to based on more then it's position on faction arties...

To Kat...I'll be your wingman anytime!

Davy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 12, 2005
Fudd, the funny thing is regarding faction items I am the Only TNT that agrees with you guys, that being said Kat has never, not even once, claimed to be a pvper, she is looking at the shard from a different angle.

I have been in TNT for over 3 years now and can say that Kat is not only a good GM but a great person! I have watched the different versions of your guild come and go and I am here to tell you one thing...TNT is a better guild! Not a better pvp guild, hell not even close but as a guild, no doubt.

I will explain myself. How many times has your guildmates scammed each other? Poor Kage was been fleeced at least twice that I can remember along with a few others, in my 3 years in TNT not one person has ever scammed anyone!

Look at guild migration, when BFF went to Atl or LS or GL it was all splintered, I can remember Kages post saying no way I will leave Siege, well he did, at least for a bit.

Guess my point is that a guilds worth needs to based on more then it's position on faction arties...

QFT and ill be your bf kat :)

S

Sturdy

The poll options are bogus.

I vote:
Eliminate all faction artifacts.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
So you're saying the guy that only has one char that isn't made for farming should just move on? 180k every time you die is a lot of gold for a char that doesn't farm. Not everyone has 3 accounts. Try and remember that when you make silly remarks like the one above.

You have to be kidding me...it would take you about an hour to farm this...

The only thing that is "silly" is you thinking this is something that would take a great deal of effort to do...or multiple accounts...

Like I said some people probably shouldn't play siege...

Before this new proposal was implemented (by the players I might add) we were paying 1 million for a suit buy back.

Stop posting unless you have something even remotely intelligent/constructive to add.
Instead of talking trash about how easy one can farm 200k gold in one hour, why not just enlighten those of us who don't know how to farm 200k in a hour with a stealth char. Plz enlighten me. And remember, it's for the betterment of the shard. Is it really helping siege by telling people who can't farm as fast as you to quit playing siege?

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
I mean I seriously would like to know how to better farm so I can get back into the fight. I attacked mr awesome (something like that) in my cheesy gm gear and of course he initially took off running just because my past reputation generally makes people run, but once he realized I was doing very little damage to him he then turned around and I became the runner. Of course rather than pop a smoke bomb I hit a corner real fast and actually "used the hiding skill" and just stealthed away. Was no point in trying to kill someone in my gm armor with all the superman suits that are out and about.

So feel free to teach me the new farming methods cause I never was good at farming mobs. I used to make my living off of farming you guys. I'm being sincere.

V

Vaelix

Instead of talking trash about how easy one can farm 200k gold in one hour, why not just enlighten those of us who don't know how to farm 200k in a hour with a stealth char. Plz enlighten me. And remember, it's for the betterment of the shard. Is it really helping siege by telling people who can't farm as fast as you to quit playing siege?
Do a Single Champ Spawn, Or Raid one, if you were a Good PvP Stealther, Raiding an unorganized spawn in the middle of Night or when activity is Low should be no problem at all.

V

Vaelix

Bless a Nice Leech Wep and Go Farm something that drops good gold, but cant do enough damage to really kill you.

V

Vaelix

Make a Vendor with your Poisoning Skill for Shuriks, Darts, and Potions.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com

That's funny you bring up fleecing guildmates Mook.

What happened to Shad? I seem to recall a certain someone fleecing his RL pockets (not pointless pixels) and his abrupt departure from this world.

The irony here is we're looking at life through our own eyes. I'm sorry, but every single ex-com-padre of yours who's found themselves at our doorsteps expresses how much more they enjoy our clique than yours.

Tell me why is it that throughout the years, no one from our clique has ever left to join another guild? Wait, I take that back... there was one guy: Speedy and the reason he left was because there wasn't anybody left to fight so he fought us. Even then, not one player from our clique has ever left us for TnT.

That's not a statistic TnT can boast. I'm sorry.

I hope you are happy with your guild. I wouldn't expect you to be a part of it if you weren't. But please... get real.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010

That's the thing they don't understand, people actually like Kat, no one likes BFF, they only kiss their areses to get in a guild that can protect them and fool people into thinking they're good at pvp (Hi Black Rain!). But I would trust not one single member in BFF with not even a pair of gm made shorts!

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
Do a Single Champ Spawn, Or Raid one, if you were a Good PvP Stealther, Raiding an unorganized spawn in the middle of Night or when activity is Low should be no problem at all.
LOL by myself in gm armor? Face it this fool proof way of farming 200k/hour just don't exist.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
That's the thing they don't understand, people actually like Kat, no one likes BFF, they only kiss their areses to get in a guild that can protect them and fool people into thinking they're good at pvp (Hi Black Rain!). But I would trust not one single member in BFF with not even a pair of gm made shorts!
Does it get under your skin knowing that someone like me is better than you at this game?

:lol:

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

LOL by myself in gm armor? Face it this fool proof way of farming 200k/hour just don't exist.
You join a faction build a suit and go out and farm?

Lets see champ spawns we do take us max 20 minutes per spawn...and I make around 75k a spawn....do the math....

ok lets see what about the abyss?....hmmm....essence sells for roughly around 25-50k a piece depending on what kind of essence....I can farm 4 essence in the abyss (AS A DEXXER) in about 10-15 minutes.......again do the math.. THIS DOESNT INCLUDE GOLD DROPPED BY THE MOBS THEMSELVES EITHER BTW.

Its not the devs problem that you're stuck in 1997-98 and cant figure out mechanics to a game as it evolves through the years...thats your problem...

oh btw....you never killed me for any gold, I havent played uo in 6 years up until about 3 months ago...

However if you can kill me in under an hour.....that nets you around 180k as well.....

So there is 3 fool proof ways of doing what you doubt could be done....

And im not flaming you...you're just not very bright...

B

Black magick

If you don't feel like you can take those who are doing the spawn, and depending on the guild whose doing it, make an appearance late in the spawn by attacking and hitting once or twice. Most people will kill the boss and haul ass with the scrolls. Leaving all the gold to you. I made 200k in about 15 minutes yesterday because someone left the gold from their spawn there. Btw, when did spawns start dropping that much? The most i ever recall getting was 140k.

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

If you don't feel like you can take those who are doing the spawn, and depending on the guild whose doing it, make an appearance late in the spawn by attacking and hitting once or twice. Most people will kill the boss and haul ass with the scrolls. Leaving all the gold to you. I made 200k in about 15 minutes yesterday because someone left the gold from their spawn there. Btw, when did spawns start dropping that much? The most i ever recall getting was 140k.

No idea tbh i think my brother told me the gold drop is much higher if you wait until it all falls before snatching it up...anyways its a ton of gold each spawn...and its fast, easy....and a good way to spend time with your guild...

Getting raided makes it even better....especially with players cooperating in the buyback system....we may lose scrolls and gold but its a hell of a fun time fighting in despise like the old days....and we are back in the action again in just a few minutes...

Where as before a million gold a buyback...you were done for a day or two in terms of pvp....

I don't understand all the drama on these forums from players that don't even play...I mean its pretty sad. especially from players that haven't played in years? wow really? and you still post?

Move on maybe? You really think devs will change things for you when you offer nothing to their mmo community at all what so ever? lol?

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
ok lets see what about the abyss?....hmmm....essence sells for roughly around 25-50k a piece depending on what kind of essence....I can farm 4 essence in the abyss (AS A DEXXER) in about 10-15 minutes.......again do the math.. THIS DOESNT INCLUDE GOLD DROPPED BY THE MOBS THEMSELVES EITHER BTW.
Define DEXXER. Does it include having 500 points in poison, hiding, stealth, Spirit Speak, and meditation? Didnt think so. Plz get facts before you run your mouth.

You have to remember I was one of R*vv*o and Ar**n victims when I lost everything I had saved up for 8 years when my account was h**k*d.. Ultimately it gave me a f**k it attitude and eventually let my castle fall too and lost the rest. So I'm kinda like anew guy starting over just with game experience. But you don't know everyone's situation so stop trying to act like you know everything.

Siege Shark

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 19, 2010
But I would trust not one single member in BFF with not even a pair of gm made shorts!
I have a couple of friends that are in BFF and when I left to play WOW I gave them my account info for 3 of my accounts.. Now that I have started to come back to UO every thing was given back to me plus a nice bit of gold to get started with...So I have to say that I don't think you realy know them that well......

Shark

V

Vaelix

Define DEXXER. Does it include having 500 points in poison, hiding, stealth, Spirit Speak, and meditation? Didnt think so. Plz get facts before you run your mouth.
Dont quote me on this, But Wraith Form Mana Leech is based off of SS, I'm not sure if necro has an effect on the % Of Leech / Returned mana or not, but if you can Get, what 35 on items, 15 Ring/Brace, 5/10 Blood Tail, with 5 Base skill, I'm pretty sure you can get into Wraith.

*This is if you can get the Wraith Mana Regen Based off of SS.*

Then, with a Proper Raidiant Scim with Hit Area / Life Leech - You can do Spawns by Chaining Whirl due to wraith.

Or any High Damage wep against a Strong Monster with AI or something with High Life leech.

SS Can be used as A nice Heal in PvM Against Slow monsters.

If you have Ninja, You can basically Tank High end Monsters with Mirror Image With the right template, However for you it would still be effective.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
Lets see champ spawns we do take us max 20 minutes per spawn...and I make around 75k a spawn....do the math....
Which part of by myself did you not understand? The my or the self?
I appreciate the advice, Skiws, but like I have said I never was a farming monkey, I only farmed the farm monkeys in the past but faction superman suits have made that a thing of the past. Which is why I can understand why you guys are trying to hold on to them for dear life. :)

V

Vaelix

This is another reason why I am 100% For Faction Arties.. On Siege you have 1 Account blah blah blah and you Use that as an excuse to Not run good gear, if your One char is a Pk/PvP Template like yours, This kinda makes sense, but not really..

Beacuse with the right set up, you can still make gold from Doing Pvm, Its just a little challenging.

But with Factions, Even a Completely 100% Based PvP/Pk temp, can farm silver with a Snake Slayer and WW.. or Evs.. Or Archery, Ect.. You dont have to make your 1 Char a PvM Based char to Get PvP Gear.

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

You have to remember I was one of R*vv*o and Ar**n victims when I lost everything I had saved up for 8 years when my account was h**k*d.. Ultimately it gave me a f**k it attitude and eventually let my castle fall too and lost the rest. So I'm kinda like anew guy starting over just with game experience. But you don't know everyone's situation so stop trying to act like you know everything.

I run a stealther ninja template as well for pvp with another toon....when im bored I` stealth around the abyss and kill spawn looking for people to pk.

I do this solo I might add...is that the same thing as BY MYSELF?

Anyways you can sell the essence that drops there for a ton of gold....

You want to play a game where you can just come back and pvp right away...play a prodo server maybe? Maybe an FPS?

You have one initial grind for a decent suit thats your hill to climb...

Oh btw you wont learn much about what is new in the game by posting QQ on these forums...thats more free advice.

I dont know who those victims are or what you're talking about. From what I see on these forums EVERYONE cries VICTIM about something...

Like I said learn...if you have a REAL question...ask...but if its QQ about your glory hole days...please spare us the drama.

L2P mr farmer of monkeys.

F

Førsaken

You know...Why we feel the need to explain simple **** to people like Cheapsuit is beyond me.

Can't farm with your current template solo? BUY SOULSTONES (That's why EA were so nice to put them back in, to stop people like you from crying so much)

Think you still can't farm solo? MAKE FRIENDS (I mean, I know TnT is bad, but they still want you with them buddy)

We have no sympathy for you, so stop being a cheap ass and reactivate your other accounts and make something of them.

V

Vaelix

I appreciate the advice, Skiws, but like I have said I never was a farming monkey, I only farmed the farm monkeys in the past but faction superman suits have made that a thing of the past. Which is why I can understand why you guys are trying to hold on to them for dear life. :)
Heres the thing, The Days of GM Armor are Long gone, Even Vs me in my Non Faction suit, your GM Armor and Bad Gear will make you a laughable fight.

Yes I understand where you are comming from with your perspective of Faction gear, but that is becase you yourself (Like So many Others *Sigh*) Are undergeared even Compared to a Good Non Faction Suit.

GM Armor has a Lot of Trouble against Faction Suits - Yeah, But GM Armor has Just as much trouble against a Non Faction Suit with 60 DCI, 40Lmc, 25 HPI.. Ect..

You cant run GM armor anymore and expect to me a effective pvper, It just doesnt work, Factions or No. (Unless you are fighting a complete failure)

----------------------

Now heres something, I had a lot of Spare time tonight and you were complaining about How your template cant farm ect ect.. Now this is *Kinda* True, as i Explained, With Proper Gear and Possibly Wraith Form *I didnt Test it*, You can farm enough to supply yourself a little.

Here ya go..

Suit Stats are..

40 LMC
26 HCI
46 DCI
44 DI
40 EP (For Stat Potions)
46 Mana Inc
35 Stam Inc
+26 Med Skill

70 69 66 64 64

100 65 165 (Hp, Stam, Mana)

Things you would of Spent gold on :

Sam Helm, Quiver, Imbued Weapon, Totem of Void

Imbue Cost : 35 Relic Frags, 50 Fungi (Only two things outside of Gems and Low end stuff)

----------------------

With just using a Soul Seeker (You would use a UBWS Imbued Raidiant for AoE or UBWS Rune Blades for Single Damage) for a weapon, I could kill low end stuff enough to get "Farmable" Gold.

And By using Ninja Mirror Images and Cat Form for HP Regen Heals.. With Weapon leech, I could stay alive..

I Only used, Mirror Image, Focus Attack, Whirl, Bladeweave, Animal Form..

And I'd Suggest fighting Physical Attack monsters..

And being stealth based, If you get Raided by a Random, You have Hide/Stealth/Animal Form/Smoke Bombs to *EASILY* Get away without losing the Suit.

-----------------

Alright... Now heres the reason I did this..

With a Suit Like that and a Template like that... You can *Kinda* Farm enough to supply yourself Non Factions sorta..

But with that Template and a High % Leech UBWS Raidiant Scim with Snake Slayer, Your Template (Which Struggles to Supply Itself Non Factions Due to being a Pure Pk/PvP Template) can pretty easily supply yourself, without the need to make your Only Char (1 Char/Account) a PvM Based Char, so you can Supply for PvP.

Factions allows even Pure Pk/PvP Templates with almost No PvM utility the ability to supply themselves for PvP with Arties of the same level as everyone else in Factions PvP and that is Exactly Why removing them is a Bad thing.

A

A Rev

I rarely get to log onto siege as ive said before but anyways, I voted lower cost AND add the arties.

Reason:

Pvper's who want factions dont have to spend days farming to replace suits.

PvM'ers have something new / revamped to work for with added risk of PK's roaming new locations (rather than the 4 or so silver spots).

Pvpers who dont want factions can compete with factions.

It seems to me to be a win win situation, everyone gets something to work for.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 16, 2007
Your wrong I like BFF...always have, its hard not to when you play UO to PVP and they are the best.

The thing between them and kat is bigger then me, just wanted to get behind my GM!

No idea who Shad is, before my time.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
We have no sympathy for you, so stop being a cheap ass and reactivate your other accounts and make something of them.
Cheapsuit is the last account that's still fun, none of the others are fun anymore since everyone left siege. But I still get a kick out of popping out of hiding on a crafter here and there. :)

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2010
I guess like the saying goes....if you can't beat em join em. I,m still against faction arties but like I said if ya cant beat em then join em. I will try to farm up enough silver to get me a superman suit. What is an estimated silver cost for a good superman suit?

F

Førsaken

Ours run 85k Silver. Yours should be cheaper.

You:

Spirit of the Totem - 15k
Primer and Arms tali - 15k
Crimson Cincture - 10k
RBC - 5k
Fey Legs - 5k

I'd get Imbued; gloves, gorget, sleeves, 40-50 EP between jewels, 70 DCI is nice, but not needed so much on a stealther, 45+ HCI.

M

Myrn/Nym/Nadal

YO YO sup Nadal! Been out on the Bike? Sweet weather last few weeks, did over 3k miles this summer!

Is there actual pvp on Siege again?
Thats not Nadal...Im Nadal....and the Nadal you know is now Dantrag...who is my brother...

Yes there is pvp on siege....Im sure Dantrag has been taking the ol Harley out as well...not much time before the snow hits New England so gotta get your riding in while ya can.

New buy back system proposed by BFF to promote more pvp...silver to gold buy back ratio is now 1:1....imbued items are capped at 20k per piece...average buybacks are around 200k for a full suit.

Now stop being such a wuss and log in...Dantrag is on every night. I'll tell him you said hi.

Malagar T'sarran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 5, 2010
Thats not Nadal...Im Nadal....and the Nadal you know is now Dantrag...who is my brother...

Yes there is pvp on siege....Im sure Dantrag has been taking the ol Harley out as well...not much time before the snow hits New England so gotta get your riding in while ya can.

New buy back system proposed by BFF to promote more pvp...silver to gold buy back ratio is now 1:1....imbued items are capped at 20k per piece...average buybacks are around 200k for a full suit.

Now stop being such a wuss and log in...Dantrag is on every night. I'll tell him you said hi.

QFT i fought Monolith yesterday come on tnt, were on all night despice, etc! come get some

V

Vaelix

I guess like the saying goes....if you can't beat em join em. I,m still against faction arties but like I said if ya cant beat em then join em. I will try to farm up enough silver to get me a superman suit. What is an estimated silver cost for a good superman suit?
Ours run 85k Silver. Yours should be cheaper.

You:

Spirit of the Totem - 15k
Primer and Arms tali - 15k
Crimson Cincture - 10k
RBC - 5k
Fey Legs - 5k

I'd get Imbued; gloves, gorget, sleeves, 40-50 EP between jewels, 70 DCI is nice, but not needed so much on a stealther, 45+ HCI.

I perfer using a DCI Based Helm (Sam Helm / Folded Steel) [I Like the Sam Helm best].

And I would rather get my HCI From my Weapon as it frees up other possibilities on your suit opposed to HCI Hat possibilities. ( 15 Ring 15 Brace 15 Weapon = 45 HCI )

IMO... HLD Has almost No significance in *REAL* PvP... Because..

1. Either I am 70% DCI And *Your* HLD Wont do anything and is a wasted property.

2. If you rely on HLD (120 45 vs 120 40 ) 50% Chance of Hit.. You are a bad pvper.

And.. I like HCI on my Weapon because, If you are Disarmed.. HCI on a Hat Wont matter anyway.. Where as.. If you Run it on your Wep.. Your going to Be Disarmed either way.. But with a DCI Hat.. That % Will still apply for a chance at them missing.

I'd say..

RBC 5
Feys 5
Folded Steel 20 (Or Ancient Sam)
Crimson 10

40k Silver

F

Førsaken

And tali...15k...

20 Str on Spirit of the Totem > IMO. Especially on a stealther....come on now.