• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Event Reports

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you all know, Mentiras holds events all month long for everyone. One of me tries to get to each one, and every time I have a lot of fun. This thread will be for reporting on this month's events, the first of which was held tonight.

The Snake Game is quick and painless. Two contestants face off in the arena, each armed with a bag full of wooden crates. The object is to lay down the crates to box in your opponent. The person with the most leg room at the finish is declared the winner.

The crowd tonight was small... Resistia Draconi, Sawdude, Convict, Lainey and Ynise Amandil. Lainey and Ynise were the first up and Ynise won two of three. At that time they were the only two there, so Ynise was declared champ, but..... after Lainey found her timing she was a tiger in the arena! The best match of the night was Lainey boxing in Drac so that he had only a one tile area!

I'm certain Lainey will be very hard to beat in upcoming Snake Games! Mentiras awarded Ynise with a Fluffy Token and an item that she's been lusting after for some time now, an alabaster Statue of the Stars. He tells me that he has many nice event items as prizes for this month's games, so come on out and have a good time and maybe go home with a special item!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Tonight Fluffy Bunny hosted a Scavenger Hunt! Gathering at Luna bank were Drake, Convict, Tristan, Ynise, Agatheia, Thugnificent and Pestilence. Fluffy handed out bags containing books and the race was on! A few headaches were reported as minds twisted around the clues *wink*

This is Ynise's answers to the riddles..... I will tell you that the sand is incorrect, but can you match up the answers to the questions? (sand should have been 'wand')

All contestants received a Fluffy token for their efforts!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the arena tonite for Paintball! The UO version of paintball is two teams, one red and one blue, armed with a bag full of explosion potions. Fluffy Bunny keeps changing the arena fighting area and now has corridors and loft areas with ladders. Lots of places to duck behind, but also lots of places to get trapped in!

It was Luc and Jirel against Real Draconis and DevilsOwn, and once Luc learned the fine art of flagging the fight was on! Jirel and Luc went down swinging in the first two of best of three matches
, so for the third match it was the ladies against Real Draconis. I am glad to report that we all splattered nicely.

Real Draconis was asked to choose which should receive the Fluffy Token for the night and Luc was selected in recognition of her newly acquired flagging talent.

Thanks for a fun game, Fluffy! Everyone watch the event thread stickied up top and don't miss the next round of paintball!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight was to be Fights at the Jhelom Farms, but after a bit of a rocky start (participants and spectators massacred, actually) it was off to Fluffy's Arena to have some PvP fun.

Each contestant was handed a numbered book and I got the job of calling the numbers for the rounds. First round of battles was paired off:

*Takashi Dragon vs Toe Cutter
*Full Metal vs Duffle Bag Boy
*LoCash vs Extraordinary
*ATTACK ATTACK vs PwnxorsaurusRex

(*winner)

second round:

*LoCash vs Takashi Dragon
ATTACK ATTACK vs Full Metal

The fight between ATTACK ATTACK and Full Metal was grueling, and both participants grew weary of battle. Suggestions were made to move it along, but because both players could not agree on any rule changes that late in the event it was determined that rounds would cease there. Without a final round ATTACK ATTACK was declared the champion for the night and was awarded a handsome deep red bracelet.

Congratulations to all those that came out and put on a really good show!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol this looks like everyone rolled over and accepted they had to engage in the most pitiful pvp event ever.

You guys really didn't even try to hold your event out of doors after we all logged? just OUCH.

This shard is at the complete mercy of L*D when it walks through the red gates....

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All LD did was demonstrate to some of the PVMers at the event just how Zergy you guys are. Thanks for proving everyone right who talks about LD's numbers in chat.

By the way, I've only been back playing a few days and you did everything you could do avoid the 2 v 2 against thorin and I at yew. I think you called in at least 9 more LD to fight us. Bam died still...lol, and that was all thorin on him.

Keep running fing....just keep running.

P.S. I do agree that the tourny was a joke. At the same time I can't blame fluffy for it, because he is trying to help Legends Fel community out. You earned some of !OF!'s members respect for your attempt at least. Please do some more research, or ask a few notable pvpers about pvp type events. That way....well they are worth while, and fun.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
running? When have i run from OF? 2v2? When has there been 2 OF ever trying to fight me? You make up so much it's pathetic.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
guys, I welcome the comments about events, that's the purpose of this thread, and all discussion and suggestions about events is welcomed here, but please don't turn this into a pvp or guild fights thread, we've got a couple of those going right now

thanks