• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Event: Cloak and Dagger [Optional Spoilers]

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick Guide to the Cloak and Dagger Event

Non-spoiler version:

If you are in the Shadowlords faction, listen carefully to hear the voice of your master bidding you. If you hear nothing, speak to your fellow faction members and learn the secret of the gate in your faction stronghold, and read the UO Herald (uoherald.com) to know the time to meet on the other side.

Spoilerific version:
The Shadowlords faction has a new room available in their headquarters.
  • Stand near the moongate and say "chaos" to enter
  • This only works for Shadowlords members

Within the room they will find a display case with an obsidian dagger inside.
  • Double-click the dagger to receive two in your backpack
  • Can only get two per day

Obsidian daggers can be used to instant-kill paladin NPCs.
  • Simply equip it and land a successful hit on the NPC
  • Only works on basic Paladins, such as those in Trinsic
  • Receive 100 silver per kill

Melissa, the new mistress of the Shadowlords, will appear within the secret chamber to guide the loyal Shadowlord members on a mission at the appointed time.
  • Please see uoherald.com for the event schedule for your shard
  • You will have an opportunity to use the obsidian daggers at the event as well

Every member of the Shadowlords faction can now hear the voices of the Shadowlords clearly in their heads. Those infected by blackrock may still hear the random, chaotic utterances, but those who join SL will be able to directly hear the bidding of their new masters.
  • Nosfentor, the Shadowlord of Cowardice, will call to her minions this weekend to complete an important task. Melissa is her representative.

Interference by attempting to stop the Shadowlords from completing their deadly task, or even trying to assist them, is acceptable. Spamming, harassing, or other violations of the TOS, are not.

K

Kratos Aurion

*Inhales deeply to gather a full breath*

I smell.. PvP.:gun:

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More Spoilers...

The Paladins will now attack you after you shank them with the dagger..

B

BakeryGnome

What about the Cloaks of Corruption? Do I need my Glass Daggers? Are any of those two items connected to this nights events?!!!!?

L

Lord_Deimos

wait....when did Nosfentor change sex?

Nosfentor was created from Nosfentre the warrior from Capn Johnne's boat correct? Last I knew...It should be a HIM. Faulinei was the only female shadowlord as far as I know

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Faulinei is the girl. This fact is even reinforced later in Martian Dreams, which refers to her as such (if I remember right, that is).

M

Marcus Blackwell

sounds like something not working the way its suppose to again if other factions can get the daggers at the moment

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I've found so far:

You can obtain the daggers with Non-SL chars, you can only use them on NPC paladins in Fel, nothing happens in Tram. One hit does 34423 damage to the NPC and the dagger shatters, also each dagger comes with a lifespan like a peerless key, but it only lasts for like 7000s. Hope that helps. There's a new area next to that chaos room in SL base, looks like fun, but alas, cant shadow jump into it ;)

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Faulinei is the girl. This fact is even reinforced later in Martian Dreams, which refers to her as such (if I remember right, that is).
Astaroth is the Shadowlord of Hatred, but his brother Faulinei is the Shadowlord of Falsehood, and their sister named Nosfentor is the Shadowlord of Cowardice. You were right though about their genders being listed for the first time in "Martian Dreams" though.

N

NewThunder

I couldnt get back out through the gate, had to use the stuck option.

B

BakeryGnome

Think most of the Paladins are dead now...unless someone knows a better area...lol

P

PingThing

IS Legends Messed up?
Got in , got daggers, couldn't recall out. helped out. killed my paladins, went back to base to go thu the gate to wait for event. glimpsed Nofas yellow dude. But now I can't get back thu the gate.

Help please

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I've found so far:

You can obtain the daggers with Non-SL chars, you can only use them on NPC paladins in Fel, nothing happens in Tram. One hit does 34423 damage to the NPC and the dagger shatters, also each dagger comes with a lifespan like a peerless key, but it only lasts for like 7000s. Hope that helps. There's a new area next to that chaos room in SL base, looks like fun, but alas, cant shadow jump into it ;)
That space has been there for a while.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Astaroth is the Shadowlord of Hatred, but his brother Faulinei is the Shadowlord of Falsehood, and their sister named Nosfentor is the Shadowlord of Cowardice. You were right though about their genders being listed for the first time in "Martian Dreams" though.
You're right... now i'm wondering why Lazarus changed that.. oh well, at least I can correct that in my mind now, and the Lazarus remake is STILL impressive.

Sorry for giving the wrong info. :\

Found their explanation as to the change, and it does kinda make sense, but damn if it didn't end up messing up my information:

http://www.u5lazarus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=413&highlight=faulinei

R

Righteous

Well if I could get close enough to stab a paladin before a guard bushwacks him that would be nice.

Righteous

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im guessing that's probably from another NPC noticing the thing going grey and calling the guards. Try going for one that no other NPCs are within seeing/hearing distance of.

R

Righteous

Im guessing that's probably from another NPC noticing the thing going grey and calling the guards. Try going for one that no other NPCs are within seeing/hearing distance of.

There is only one place I can find paladins at the moment and they are surrounded by NPC's.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nosfentor was created from Nosfentre the warrior from Capn Johnne's boat correct? Last I knew...It should be a HIM. Faulinei was the only female shadowlord as far as I know
You're like the kid at the end of class who reminds the teacher that they forgot to assign homework for that night...

WHO REALLY CARES

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You're like the kid at the end of class who reminds the teacher that they forgot to assign homework for that night...

WHO REALLY CARES
LOL

Man! Did we ever hate that guy too!!! :lick::D

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T'was a fun little event. Had some amusing evil talk with fellow purvayers of darkness, got some nice keepsakes.

Enjoyable.

W

Wencit

This even blowed big time on pacific no communication with the EM didn't even know it was over till another person at the rez spot said there was a explosion and EM killed the dude none of us fighting hard got anything. Only like 6 of us there fighting on shadow lord side and of them at least two where skill less from another shard. where totally ran over by mages council that had 10++ and had put mass amounts of faction guards and mages around the target to block it. waste of time and insurance money.

M

Moby Grape

echos Wencit's comment, great insurance loss event!

I was one of the few Pac SLs, (six to ten of us) that did this event, total one sided from

beginning to end. Bushwacked by other Faction guild, we had maybe two or three

warriors that could PVP, rest of us had no chance. Died so many times, didnt even

get close enough to see event. If you plan on doing the event as part of the

SL, have lots of players with, mega amounts of insurance money or be doomed to fail

like Pac SL did. Can anyone tell me how the event ended, couldnt see it from the

healers shop, which I was rarely able to get more than a screen away from.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This even blowed big time on pacific no communication with the EM didn't even know it was over till another person at the rez spot said there was a explosion and EM killed the dude none of us fighting hard got anything. Only like 6 of us there fighting on shadow lord side and of them at least two where skill less from another shard. where totally ran over by mages council that had 10++ and had put mass amounts of faction guards and mages around the target to block it. waste of time and insurance money.
Sorry Wencit you sure did keep coming back for more. Your day started at the SL base while CoM killed the new recruits, and potential recruits. I must say you are a champ for continuing to try. Hope there aren't any hard feelings, it was our mission to put an end to the vile plans of the shadowlords. I should be posting the story with images on the D0S- website pretty soon and I'll try to reformat it for a stratics post later.
I was also disappointed with the event, I spent the last few days searching for the whereabouts of Clainin luckily the winds informed Balka while he was in a deep meditative state of his location. We went there to save him but alas Melissa's power was too much for any mortal to hold back. I had figured anyone in SL knew about the risks while playing with such demonic power. Following a demon or evil entity such as Nosfentor should tell you that you are just a mortal pawn in a great scheme of evil.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Wencit you sure did keep coming back for more. Your day started at the SL base while CoM killed the new recruits, and potential recruits. I must say you are a champ for continuing to try. Hope there aren't any hard feelings, it was our mission to put an end to the vile plans of the shadowlords. I should be posting the story with images on the D0S- website pretty soon and I'll try to reformat it for a stratics post later.
I was also disappointed with the event, I spent the last few days searching for the whereabouts of Clainin luckily the winds informed Balka while he was in a deep meditative state of his location. We went there to save him but alas Melissa's power was too much for any mortal to hold back. I had figured anyone in SL knew about the risks while playing with such demonic power. Following a demon or evil entity such as Nosfentor should tell you that you are just a mortal pawn in a great scheme of evil.
I'm glad someone on some shard had the idea of just amassing a giant army and screwing over the SL I commend the CoM of Pac and only wish that Cats had Some People who weren't afraid to screw over the event for the SL here.

M

Malimus

Hard feelings for sure here. That was a waste of time and insurance. You basically ruined what i was waiting to do all week. Put off plans for this $*@#. Your guild mates even told me the day before while 5v1 gankin me that you were all planing on ruining this event for the "Trammies" that joined SL for it.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[The True Britannians on Great Lakes formulated a plan to thwart the evil plans of the Shadowlords as well.

Step 1: Issue a warning to the citizens of Britannia to remain out of the area; that anyone seeking to join or aid the Shadowlords would be killed http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=134913

Step 2: Control the towns shortly before the event began so our focus would be entirely on the event and we could summon maximum guards in all cities to protect against any evil incursion.

Step 3: Remove all TB traps from Castle Britannia and place all available at Shadowlords base.

Step 4: Use the homes outside of the Shadowlords base to field people away and kill any who wish heed the call of the Shadowlords.

Step 5: Get someone on the inside so that we could mobilize and protect Britania where needed and gather information that will help us end the Shadowlord threat. Great job Tinkz! - http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=134954

I wasn't able to attend the event but I enjoyed planning and executing steps 1-3. I am curious how the rest of the night went particularly for TB but also Minax, CoM and SL.

PS: Step 6 you ask?? Well its underway so I can't reveal that right now.

Lore Denin, Great Lakes]

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Napa the followers of Minax took over the SL base before most could arrive and kept it under siege, while also placing a spy within the secret chamber. Once the SL's arrived at Trinsic, they were hotly pursued by Minax and slaughtered. Then, being followers of Minax and all, we turned on Clanin and cut him down as well.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What did you get?
Clanins spellbook (faction item), some rubble inclusing weapons racks, rugs floor tiles, sandstone, and last but not least a playing card hand rubble. I also got his robe on the corpse, but im 99% sure its just a regular BOD dark blue color. I cbded it anyway, for a keepsake.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clanins spellbook (faction item), some rubble inclusing weapons racks, rugs floor tiles, sandstone, and last but not least a playing card hand rubble. I also got his robe on the corpse, but im 99% sure its just a regular BOD dark blue color. I cbded it anyway, for a keepsake.
Yeah his robe is BoD colour. The spellbook will be worth a lot (great for pvp) and I got half a halberd weapon rack, 6 pieces of rug tile and 2 playing card hands. Does anybody know if the purple sash colours from the royal guards were BoD or unique?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hard feelings for sure here. That was a waste of time and insurance. You basically ruined what i was waiting to do all week. Put off plans for this $*@#. Your guild mates even told me the day before while 5v1 gankin me that you were all planing on ruining this event for the "Trammies" that joined SL for it.
I thought it was brilliant what DOS did. Mind you, I'm not in DOS, but I showed up to defend Clainin myself and I has specifically asked Draconi if we could try and prevent the Shadowlords from succeeding. His answer was yes. It may have ruined it for you, but I suspect that is because you expected to be handed victory.

Don't be angry at DoS for a well executed plan. Be angry at all those minions who would their soul to Andrew for a glass dagger, but then didn't heed the summons of their master. If anyone should pay, it should be them for their betrayal. Then again, perhaps they owe their allegiance to Nosfentor, Shadowlord of Cowardice. ;)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm glad someone on some shard had the idea of just amassing a giant army and screwing over the SL I commend the CoM of Pac and only wish that Cats had Some People who weren't afraid to screw over the event for the SL here.
I did my best to keep those traitors out of our base on Catskills! *shakes fist*
Sadly our EM brought a stop to our cause in the base by insta-killing me for flagging. I think Melissa is a traitor too now!! :gun::gun::gun:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did my best to keep those traitors out of our base on Catskills! *shakes fist*
Sadly our EM brought a stop to our cause in the base by insta-killing me for flagging. I think Melissa is a traitor too now!! :gun::gun::gun:
Flutter, you were trying to protect the Shadowlord base and got killed by Melissa?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Flutter, you were trying to protect the Shadowlord base and got killed by Melissa?
We had infiltrators! (Blues that joined SL just for the event but fight us (with TB) every chance they get) SO as they dropped down to the seeeekrit room I was killing them. Melissa showed up and asked why I explained they were traitors. I attempted to kill one of the random guys and as soon as I flagged I was struck down by the hand of UOGod. (Like those trick or treating insta deaths).
She then told me there would be no more bloodshed there. We had to wait until we were through the gate in Trinsic :/

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had infiltrators! (Blues that joined SL just for the event but fight us (with TB) every chance they get) SO as they dropped down to the seeeekrit room I was killing them. Melissa showed up and asked why I explained they were traitors. I attempted to kill one of the random guys and as soon as I flagged I was struck down by the hand of UOGod. (Like those trick or treating insta deaths).
She then told me there would be no more bloodshed there. We had to wait until we were through the gate in Trinsic :/
Pledge your aid to Minax! Perhaps you can arrange a Minax/Melissa cat fight! I'll pay gold to see that.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Oh and not only that. The one hit kill put me in stat.... as I saw the 65000 damage number float over my head.

L

Lord Zephyrus

so wait is clannin dead? or only dead on certian shards?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so wait is clannin dead? or only dead on certian shards?
DoS of Pacific kicked booty defending Clainin, but Melissa still waltzed through their defenses and assassinated Clainin. For awhile, I was the only one in the room with his body and could have looted it clean, but it just felt wrong.... heh.

Y

Yalp

Some shards have yet to hold the event.. so your ideas/tips are greatly appreciated!

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly our EM brought a stop to our cause in the base by insta-killing me for flagging. I think Melissa is a traitor too now!!
There is a difference between what you did and the CoM pacific did, They did it completely from outside and had good intentions(with the bonus of the satisfaction of knowing they are better at planning than the random trammelites that just wanted stuff). You want the damn loot for yourself if I read correctly, if not you should have stayed out of shadow lords and joined TB or CoM to try and stop them if that was your plan plus you would have gotten silver and to loot them of anything uninsured to **** them off.

I guess I'm just mad because I couldn't disrupt the event the event.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Sadly our EM brought a stop to our cause in the base by insta-killing me for flagging. I think Melissa is a traitor too now!!
There is a difference between what you did and the CoM pacific did, They did it completely from outside and had good intentions(with the bonus of the satisfaction of knowing they are better at planning than the random trammelites that just wanted stuff). You want the damn loot for yourself if I read correctly, if not you should have stayed out of shadow lords and joined TB or CoM to try and stop them if that was your plan plus you would have gotten silver and to loot them of anything uninsured to **** them off.

I guess I'm just mad because I couldn't disrupt the event the event.
*blinks*
My guild has been shadowlords for a long long time. We were there to kill people, we didn't even know there was any loot LOL. We planned ahead as well making sure Shadowlords owned Trinsic. (and Magincia although we didn't get guards up in time)
What we were trying to do in the base was keep a certain other guild out of Shadowlords that had just joined for the event.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Shadowlords on Drachenfels completed their job nearly perfect. Some random attackers from other factions could not burst up the lines.
*Salute*
Olahorand