• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

~~~ Epic Factions/PVP Event Being Planned ~~~

D

DannoOfAtlantic

Yo Yo YO . What up m faction peeps!! Yes over 100 pieces or mid range barb kit armor was looted. I made them all with love from my heart to you PK's in waiting.
But guess what I may be one of the broke players in game But Ill make you guys some more. Also If you want to help out guys please sign up to be a sponsor.

http://www.hot-guild.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14119

I also wil help anyone who needs it vs poison weps and jewels. Find me on the hot boards or pm me here. Adios until next post

G

I'm going to train a swords fighter from scratch for this event. Can someone please sell me a golem (or loan it to me) and a 100% swords wep. PM if you can help thx.

G

If anyone has unused Mondain's Legacy upgrade codes (not new account codes) please send them to me via PM. There are some people reactivating accounts who don't even have Age of Shadows. I'd like to be able to get them upgraded. The donated codes will only be used for the event. I'll also accept Samurai Empire ones, please specify which type they are.

I

imported_Tina Small

JC, I don't have the codes to upgrade accounts (they're kind of expensive, hehe), but I do have a few unused New Player Account Registration Codes from some 9th Anniversary boxes. Would be willing to donate a couple of those, but anyone using them would start out with a brand new account. Let me know if you want them.

G

K I got my new char, my poison wep, my golem and I'm gonna log like 5 hours a day training. Even if my guy doesn't hit GM I'm gonna throw him into the fray. YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaa. Totally excited.

G

It will only take you a couple days to GM your fighting skill, Tactics and Anatomy.

I

imported_dukarlo

I think it would be a shame for anyone to give EA $20 for a character transfer so they can simply be put in stat by people running speedhacks. That is essentialy what factions has become, a big speedhack fest. I have no problem with factions itself but its a shame EA lets the cheating that is running rampant go on.

G

Speedhacking was an issue in Factions all the way back in 2000. So nothing has changed in that regard.

I

imported_dukarlo

Except back then there was a reasonable chance someone speedhacking would get their account banned. Nowadays there is 0 enforcement by EA so their are that many more people speedhacking.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Except back then there was a reasonable chance someone speedhacking would get their account banned. Nowadays there is 0 enforcement by EA so their are that many more people speedhacking.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm hoping there will be sooooo many players that individual players not speedhacking will not be at too much of a disadvantage.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You all should try something else because it is becoming quite boring for me &amp; Lizard Tongue/Chuck Zito to own an entire busy gate just by ourselves. Atlantic gate pvpers should be horribly ashamed of their actions these past 2 years.

Die once asap/Disarm,then die just a bit slower second time/Template bash the third time and run off. Same old song

D

DannoOfAtlantic

<blockquote><hr>

You all should try something else because it is becoming quite boring for me &amp; Lizard Tongue/Chuck Zito to own an entire busy gate just by ourselves. Atlantic gate pvpers should be horribly ashamed of their actions these past 2 years.

Die once asap/Disarm,then die just a bit slower second time/Template bash the third time and run off. Same old song

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? You two play a running archer with max ep. Id almost bet you had alchemy on the set up as well. When you can spam 5 to 6 specs in a row and boast 150 str 150 dex and your prolly over 100 mana that doesn't make u special. Only nice items

D

DannoOfAtlantic

To stop any rants please this is a productive thread. Make your two archers go factions and then brag

L

LAH Architect

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Dev Draconi will be watching this Faction Event at some time at some point.

I dare the Gumbi Bears to drink their berry juice and flaunt their hopping in front of his face and rub it in.

* Note : The best way to punish a scripter / cheater is not to ban him/her but to write a software 'hex' that gives - xx HCI, - XX DCI, - FC, - FCR, 0 MR cap, 0 HPR cap, 0 Stam cap and other nasty stuff that cannot be seen on a char's stat bar and hex them for xx hours. Let them stay ingame to serve a greater purpose as cannon fodder victims . For those BOD scripters, hex them to always get lousy BODs.

C

Clx-

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Just lol. Someone is boasting about their 'gate pvp' ability.

How I cry for you UO:(

I

imported_Tina Small

Draconi and Jeremy, can you give us any hints about the changes related to factions that are planned for the next publish? I am seriously considering moving two characters to Atlantic to participate in this event; however, I am under the impression that participation by some of the big Atlantic guilds is contingent on some rule changes being included in the next publish (i.e., removing the "one faction character per account per shard" rule, turning off the programming that attempts to balance the number of characters in all the factions on a shard, and turning off the "no beneficial acts" rule for faction characters when they are outside Felucca). I don't really want to move characters to Atlantic (especially one that is already on GL, where factions is still pretty much alive and kicking) and find out that this event isn't going to happen.

I don't think I'm the only person in this mode of watching and waiting for more news. Can't you pleeeeeeeeeease give us some news? I know there are quite a few people really hoping this event will get more people into factions and be fun for all. But there's just a bit too much uncertainty right now for me to fork over the money for transfer tokens and I don't think there's enough time left to start new characters and hope they'll be old enough to jump into factions when this event kicks off.

Thanks in advance for any tidbits of news you can give us at this point!

G

I'll be going Europa --&gt; Atlantic within the next few days, hon. Gimme a shout if you need stuffs transferred over.

Go on! Click my eggs!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just lol. Someone is boasting about their 'gate pvp' ability.

How I cry for you UO:(

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. He's done that for awhile now.

He's srsly full of himself and how important he is. I don't have a problem with the guy, I just think its annoying.

Like a cheesy anime

"HAHAH! I AM SO GREAT! HAHAHA! I ALONE AM BEST! HAHAHAHA!"

*turns to the TV and changes the channel from w/e the hell has Speed Racer on*

D

DannoOfAtlantic

<blockquote><hr>

I'll be going Europa --&gt; Atlantic within the next few days, hon. Gimme a shout if you need stuffs transferred over.

Go on! Click my eggs!

[/ QUOTE ]
ut oh Lady nico on atl!!! I pwomise not to pk u. But I cant pwomise not to crap talk you :p

I

imported_Sip-n-Shine

Count me in JC. I hope this helps factions. I have a house there also so i can help some peeps with a place to get some rest. I will have to do some house work an fix it so there will be a place for who ever needs storage... I see a spring cleaning comming...

This sounds great...

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How I cry for you UO:("

You quite clearly missed the entire point.
Its not about "gate pvp"
It is about the fact that I can ALWAYS get all the 1 vs 1 pvp I want at the GATE.

You cannot get true field 1 vs 1 anywhere else. Trash the gate all you want because we all realize that it is also where all the pathetic ganking happens but bottom line is that it is also the only place to find 1 vs 1.

And please spare me the 'duel' crap because 99% of all duels are scripted jokes and done by mages who have no ability to cast more then 6 different spells. All the while trying to convince the world that there is supreme skill in timing/disrupt.

There are only a handful of truly skilled pvp mages that can field fight and/or duel while at the same time mixing up spells. And I know that most of them arent on these boards so who cares lol

W

Winder UO

1v1 at yew gate is GATE PVP.

Fielding is about using terrain aswell as spells and such. Only terrain at yew gate is the stones around the gate, a few trees and alot of annoying [censored] houses. The place is hardly any fun, i dont know how or why its become the "pvp norm" to be good you have to gate fight.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Fielding is about using terrain aswell as spells and such. Only terrain at yew gate is the stones around the gate, a few trees and alot of annoying [censored] houses. The place is hardly any fun, i dont know how or why its become the "pvp norm" to be good you have to gate fight"

Valid points but IMO being good means being able to adapt and kill people 1 vs 1 anywhere. It just so happens that for a long time now the Yew gate is where people are fighting so that is where you will have the best chance to get solid 1 vs 1 action.

Dungeons just arent the same because now you have spawn to deal with. That doesnt mean that there isnt skill in being able to fight another player while at the same time you both deal wth the spawn. I just prefer straight 1 vs 1.

I dont even mind the fact that 95% of the time my opponent runs way the hell offscreen and/or precasts his brains out. Because either way I know i have bested him and will eventually kill him if he stays anywhere near me.

And on the few occasions where I am the one who runs or stays onscreen and dies I will be the first to say "good fight." No [censored] or whining cheat/speedhack. Just a good kill. Keep the template bashing to yourself because nobody wants to hear it.

Its kinda funny how you continually hear alot of mages bashing templates yet when you ask them if they die to EVERY player using the template they are bashing they all of a sudden clam up. A decent mage will kill a slew of warriors and trashtalk all night but when you kill him on your warrior he all of a sudden starts bashing the template lmao. So sad

G

<blockquote><hr>

1v1 at yew gate is GATE PVP.

Fielding is about using terrain aswell as spells and such. Only terrain at yew gate is the stones around the gate, a few trees and alot of annoying [censored] houses. The place is hardly any fun, i dont know how or why its become the "pvp norm" to be good you have to gate fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two words:
Guard Zone

A place for blues to back off and hide behind. If there were no guard zones around gates you would see PVP happening right outside of a single town every night. This is the only reason any gate ebcame the "PVP norm"

However I think yew was chosen because of the surroundings.

I still believe that yew gate is the trashiest place you will ever PVP. You see nothing but trash while there. If you want a real fight you need to relocate for solid 1v1 action wrong roof is where you go and duel. Or you can hang at fire entrance and fight people who recall in to check despise. You can also go to despise and kill people who come in to do the spawn if you want action.

These are the places to find fights on LS I am not sure about other shards though.

But bottom line the gate = trash and if you want real PVP it should be the last place you look for it.