• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

~~~ Epic Factions/PVP Event Being Planned ~~~

Z

zackerybarber444

Jeremy i'd recommend going to the faction fourms! There's a lot of bugs and patches people would like to see happen to bring factions back to life on all shards

G

<blockquote><hr>

A solution for the SL base is going to be a separate issue, and it won't be resolve by this coming publish, for instance. It may be that we add in teleporters that allow sigils to be carried through, or actually resolve the terrain problems later.

[/ QUOTE ]
The stairs are passable by live players. It is the common issue with ghosts not being able to walk up certain steps. If perhaps a ghost only teleporter (I think I remember such a thing existing) could be placed near the bottom it would allow players to exit and it prevent from becoming some type of tactic for live players to exit the potential choke point.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

As far as the docks on Napa, have you tried the south entrance? It's gated in Fel, but one portcullis is open (the far north one).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure we're talking about the same portcullis, Draconi. When I get home, I'll make some screen shots and put them on the Faction Forum for you to look at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Draconi, it looks like the portcullis that was in the wall south of the fishing guild building on Napa is gone, so there's a way into the docks now.

C

chitrani

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Also, everyone who participates and decides they have an opinion or observation about factions, by all means send me feedback - this will be a great chance to get a nice high volume of data from some people who aren't as entrenched.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeremy, I'm going to say this as nicely as I can, but does your statement above mean that you normally don't pay any attention to what the "faction diehards" have to say? If yes, that's quite a blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what Jeremy was after was VOLUME.

If a whole bunch of just that normally don't play factions show up and give our opinions. It suddenly gives her a wealth of information, about not just whats broke with factions (which she can get from the forums) but what would attract more people to play factions (which isn't so much, since people who don't normally play.. well don't normally play

It'll make it easier for her to see trends that way and keep track.

Do i have the right Jeremy?

Chitrani (looking forward to dieing alot on this adventure

G

I am quite stoked about this. I will even drag my set in my ways self over to Atlantic *shudders* to participate. No offence Atlanteans, I feel pretty much the same about any shard that is not Siege. *nods* I wonder if I remember how to build a character on a regular shard...

G

Two more guilds have signed up for the event representing 607 veteran characters total and over 200 players. Negotiations are ongoing with the second largest Atlantic guild to secure their participation.

Also, if anyone wants to spread news it is easy now just link people to www.hot-guild.com/faction.

G

*chuckles* I will have to start from scratch. Put me in the noob grunt disposable infantry.

G

Kelmo if you or any other Siege players need anything such as armor, starting gold, golems to train on, etc. I can help supply it. Let me know.

W

Winder UO

If stuff gets storted properly our guild will most likely do this. We will try to convince a few other guilds to join us.

And we dont play yank shards usually.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I am quite stoked about this. I will even drag my set in my ways self over to Atlantic *shudders* to participate. No offence Atlanteans, I feel pretty much the same about any shard that is not Siege. *nods* I wonder if I remember how to build a character on a regular shard...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do it Kelmo! It'll hurt!

I have some characters on Atlantic from years past, I might hop in too...just to see if it really happens.

K

Kylas

Jc Sounds like a fun plan.. However..... I think your going to get bit hard by the code that attempts to keep the # of players in each faction about the same.. Its been flawed and broken for years..

Caveat: I haven't played in a couple years so maybe they disabled this.. Then again..

Dig

G

The major guilds will all split up into different factions to make things as fair as possible. At least 3 factions will be filled with players, probably 4.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
am i the only one who's nipples are getting hard with the thought of this event?

and Kelmo, i think Tina has PMed you, but drop me a line if you need a hand or want to jump in with us there.

its unfortunate that we allready took over ATL and have moved on to other shards, not some of our manpower will have to x-shard BACK to atl for the event.

at any rate, we are tweaked and ready for the fun!

oh, this is gonna be like the old days!
rivers of OJ's, rivers of blood!!!!

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you did take our Factions didn't you Poo?
Come rock with us now!

*smiles*

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Jc Sounds like a fun plan.. However..... I think your going to get bit hard by the code that attempts to keep the # of players in each faction about the same.. Its been flawed and broken for years..

Caveat: I haven't played in a couple years so maybe they disabled this.. Then again..

Dig

[/ QUOTE ]

Dig, are you at least CONSIDERING a return? (Ran into your namesake on Baja again a week or so ago and once again was disappointed it wasn't you.) Am wondering about Gilthas too.... If you guys are thinking about it and need any help on Atlantic, just let me know and I'll do whatever I can for you.

G

Think of it as research kelmo
ye the student and the professor of same experience all at once. soooooooooooooooooooooooooo if ya do not remember HOW TO on a reg. shard lemme know when ya make said chr. there. I will teach ya how to begin ye chr. on a non Siege shard. Tis really quite simple...I will even drag ye to felucca as a newbie just to get ye pk'd so ya feel at home or whatever. . . *laughs*

YOU know ya wanna see this and participate and learn and more, even if ye chr still sucketh soooooooooooooo what ? It is not perma ya know, think of it all as a factions, shards cross cultural experiancial mega sized, think tank pvping factions exchange... like being a foreign exchange student in a new nation on a 'sports' scholarship.
YOU CAN DO THIS, for the greater cause and glory..for factions in general.... yessssssssssssssss ye can do this.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I agree there will be plenty of fights outside of guardzone, would just be a shame if people abused the fact we were unable to cross heal.

Anyway, it seems pretty likely that we will be transfering to give this a try, just need to get cash together to get tokens, hopefully bring some more European players with us.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im coming to atl for the rares collector festival in a week and a half. Ill bring over my faction guy to come play.

G

JC if anyone needs stuff to make a char on ATL and you run out or need more goodies give me a shout ...i got tonns of stuff

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh I agree there will be plenty of fights outside of guardzone, would just be a shame if people abused the fact we were unable to cross heal.

Anyway, it seems pretty likely that we will be transfering to give this a try, just need to get cash together to get tokens, hopefully bring some more European players with us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill join a EU guild!

I

imported_Goron

This sounds great and all but its on the wrong shard.
Half of the problems people are bringing up would be resolved if this was done on Siege. We don't have trammel. We also have active faction guilds already.

I understand that this event can be attended by masses easily with character transfers, which is not possible to/from siege... but this just makes me wonder why you people don't just play siege in the first place?

If there is one good testbed for factions, its on siege. Hopefully with our little push to have rot changed, this will make more people willing to give siege a shot...

So... if you like the idea behind this event, and you like the event after it happens- come to siege!!!

C

Clx-

Becouse Siege PvP is horrid. Caught in between an item-based ruleset and no insurance.

G

PVP in UO is a utter joke. make skills and stats effect items not items that effect skills and stats..

pppft.. I could run UO so much better...

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Becouse Siege PvP is horrid. Caught in between an item-based ruleset and no insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]makes looting all the more fun

Well, I suppose I'll have to update my old characters from Chessy some, and then transfer them to atlantic. This event could be the start of some great things, if it pulls through with lots of people!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed but it also makes ganking, personal item bless, bonding even more overpowered then shards with insurance.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed but it also makes ganking, personal item bless, bonding even more overpowered then shards with insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm having teleporters created in Trinsic and Magincia to facilitate travel. Unlike the boat versions, these will go from one piece of solid terrain to another, circumventing problems with ghosts on top of dynamic objects like you brought up.

The moongate to Magincia will still, however, be disabled for the foreseeable future.

I would expect the teleporters to be available tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Draconi, this sounds great. Can you please please also take a look at the Trinsic dock area on Napa? I looked at it a few weeks ago and could not figure out how to get to the docks. I was on a new character that had no magery and no funds, so I didn't get a chance to see if you can get to the docks by teleporting from another part of Trinsic into that area (shadow jumping didn't work) and couldn't afford a boat. Just trying to walk in did not work because the wall west of the dock area is completely solid where it has entrances on the other shards. Trying to walk in through the stable and inn also didn't work.

And have you had any chance to come up with another solution for getting out of the SL base as a ghost? Could you possibly replace the staircase at the south end with a ramp?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as the docks on Napa, have you tried the south entrance? It's gated in Fel, but one portcullis is open (the far north one).

A solution for the SL base is going to be a separate issue, and it won't be resolve by this coming publish, for instance. It may be that we add in teleporters that allow sigils to be carried through, or actually resolve the terrain problems later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drac - there is no problem with sigils coming out of the SL base. It's only ghosts that can't get out.

W

Winder UO

Can you walk steps up when you open paperdoll when your stuck? worked at magincia atleast. Can only walk one step at a time tho.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Can you walk steps up when you open paperdoll when your stuck? worked at magincia atleast. Can only walk one step at a time tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried it and it didn't work for me on Siege. Might not have been doing it right though...

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

How is ganking even more overpowered on siege? Everyone has a personal bless they can use on any item they choose?

Bonding... I agree its lame but as for the others...

???

W

Winder UO

i can test it out with a newb char i guess. i dont know how exactly leaving the base when dead thing works as i havent been there in a long time. But on mag docks, you kind of walked into the actual step instead of up it. Then opened paperdoll and your char would jump up onto the step instead of beeing inside it if you know what i mean.

G

I need faction screenshots, preferably ones with lots of fighting or just standing around in a large group. They need to be Pre-AOS which is why I am having such difficulty finding any. If anyone has some good or decent ones please throw them up on a host such as Imageshack and PM me the links. I would like to have them by Noon tomorrow.

G

I knew there was a reason why I left my OES chars intact!
A bit dusty, though

Woohoo!

W

Winder UO

Can someone sticky this please. its something that has dev attention, theres a planned large scale inter shard event with allready alot of interrest. Im sure it would be allright to have it at the top.

G

I think this will generate enough interest to stay up on the post list with out having to be sticky. *winks*

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

I'm having teleporters created in Trinsic and Magincia to facilitate travel. Unlike the boat versions, these will go from one piece of solid terrain to another, circumventing problems with ghosts on top of dynamic objects like you brought up.

The moongate to Magincia will still, however, be disabled for the foreseeable future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Draconi, did these go in yet, at least on Test Center? Haven't been able to get on to check yet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Draconi, did these go in yet, at least on Test Center? Haven't been able to get on to check yet.

[/ QUOTE ]Np, they're active on all shards. You'll find them near the docks in both cities, as brown teleporter pads.

I

imported_Tina Small

Okay....will go looking tonight. Thank you for the super-speedy reply!

G

This is exciting! I might create (I play Siege) a char there.

With a little help... I can be 7x in a week or so. :p

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

I need faction screenshots, preferably ones with lots of fighting or just standing around in a large group. They need to be Pre-AOS which is why I am having such difficulty finding any.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go JC... this is one of my old faction pics... (I'm Draxous)

I don't think people are getting the fact that a lot of people are reactivating their accounts for this... or how many people would love to play this game, if it wasn't soo messed up with trammy crap and bugs. If this game was well polished... hell yeah people would come back.

It will feel SOOOOOOO good having these people back.

G

I don't really need screenshots anymore but if people want to keep posting them feel free.

G

My buddies have been bugging me about this, so I'll be there!
I also encourage everyone else to give it a shot, sure it might not work out as planned, but can you really resist getting so many people, from so many servers and seeing what results?

I

imported_dexdash

i notice in mag i coulf toggle into war to get on the steps same as when you fall through the ground and walk under a moon gate

G

<blockquote><hr>

how many people are in this atm?

[/ QUOTE ]
The most updated list can be found on the main event information page. Right now over 600 veteran characters (at least 1 GM skill) representing hundreds of players have signed up. And that number is expected to continue growing.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To make everything fair and for a lag fest being planed, im not wasteing 23 million transfering there and transfering back home. I am willing to create a charactor on atl, with the following stipulation, you scroll my guy out, on the skills he is going to have for the war, after all it is to have fun AND you want everything FAIR right?

Im sure HOT would not mind takeing the ones who are working up the charactors to spawns and then letting everyone who has the new chars there scrolling up

G

We can make 110 scrolls available for anyone who wants them. We only keep the 110 Magerys now anyway. I will also look into setting up a vendor which will sell them for 1,000 each or something.