• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Eodon labels for UOAM

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

Attachments

Last edited:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a trammel player would kindly upload their UOCartographer labels i'll gladly add them to the current official UOC setup guiide.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UOAM works? Last time I tried it a couple years ago I gave up!

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
UOAM works? Last time I tried it a couple years ago I gave up!
UOAM & UOCART ........

go to post #184

If you have not gone and read this thread then you are not running UOAM to its full uses. download the zip file. put it at C:\autofile

Then extract it to the same file, (extract = upzipping it). Then open the file, fine the UOAM exe and right click it to run as admin. Be sure to also set it up as a short cut to your desk top and also your start menu. Be sure to set this to run as request run as admin so that each time you use it you get the glump asking permission. You will see ALL the maps to ALL the lands no matter where you go.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UOAM & UOCART ........

go to post #184

If you have not gone and read this thread then you are not running UOAM to its full uses. download the zip file. put it at C:\autofile

Then extract it to the same file, (extract = upzipping it). Then open the file, fine the UOAM exe and right click it to run as admin. Be sure to also set it up as a short cut to your desk top and also your start menu. Be sure to set this to run as request run as admin so that each time you use it you get the glump asking permission. You will see ALL the maps to ALL the lands no matter where you go.
I could never get it to zero in on my character. I'll try it again.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
are you using uoassist? if not, I can tell you how to "calibrate" it so it works without uoassist - and I just put up a new map5.mul at the end of the uoam thread so it shows all the new eodon areas

oh - and thanks to the guy who put up the labels for eodon - you did an awesome job - I was going to do it myself but I got lazy - you definitely did a better job than I was going to for sure - (once again laziness pays off - hehe)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
are you using uoassist? if not, I can tell you how to "calibrate" it so it works without uoassist - and I just put up a new map5.mul at the end of the uoam thread so it shows all the new eodon areas

oh - and thanks to the guy who put up the labels for eodon - you did an awesome job - I was going to do it myself but I got lazy - you definitely did a better job than I was going to for sure - (once again laziness pays off - hehe)
I'm listening. I do have UOAssist on some accounts but not all. But I would prefer not to use it if I don't have to. It's been a few years since I tried to install Automap and gave up. But I used it back in the day and really enjoyed it.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks to you too @Kojak - I kept meaning to make a new map5 for the pub 92 areas, just hadn't had a chance yet. :)

AlexVII

Visitor
Is map5.mul supposed to show the map...*sigh*...for Eodon? I have the labels but not the map. I placed it in the UOAM folder....and I checked the box under maps.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@AlexVII, put the mul into your UO directory. They changed formats for data files a while back; mul is the old data type, so now maps have to be converted back to mul to stay up to date.

AlexVII

Visitor
So the map5.mul is for UO period, it has nothing to do with UOAM?

Can you tell me why my uoam is black in Eodon? (I have labels but no map)

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the map5.mul is for UO period, it has nothing to do with UOAM?

Can you tell me why my uoam is black in Eodon? (I have labels but no map)
get the new statics files I just posted on the UOAM thread

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kojak
My uoam not working....
Its looking for the files but the location extension is not the same now.
I and my son are having a lot of trouble getting it up and running.
Its looking for files in UO.....

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you have to set your Map/UO Files Data Location to the directory automap is in