• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Discussion derail from UHall thread

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Uhm... This might sound like a great idea, in theory. In practice, however, it would likely lead to massive abuses since Advisors are players. Much like the abuses perpetrated during the Councilor, Seer, Companion, and now the EM program. Players having power over other players tend to go wrong way, way too fast.

Mesanna doesn't even trust the Elder EMs with the power to squelch, telestorm or jail abusive event goers...
I have a question. I wonder what percentage of EM's are "rares collectors" in their "player" lives? I'm betting it's REALLY high.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a question. I wonder what percentage of EM's are "rares collectors" in their "player" lives? I'm betting it's REALLY high.
I have never seen the appeal of many collectors items. My favorite items are stuff that can actually be used not merely displayed.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's approximately half of them. The other half were hardcore roleplayers on their real accounts, and transitioned into the EM position because it is the ultimate roleplaying challenge plus the story building aspect of it.

I have interacted with a lot of those people before they became EM's is how I know.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's approximately half of them. The other half were hardcore roleplayers on their real accounts, and transitioned into the EM position because it is the ultimate roleplaying challenge plus the story building aspect of it.

I have interacted with a lot of those people before they became EM's is how I know.
.....are you admitting on an open forum that you know the identities of members of the EM staff. I thought that information was private? How is this possible without EM staff sharing this information with you? If so, shouldn't you notify Mesanna of these peeps that are sharing information they shouldn't?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
.....are you admitting on an open forum that you know the identities of members of the EM staff. I thought that information was private? How is this possible without EM staff sharing this information with you? If so, shouldn't you notify Mesanna of these peeps that are sharing information they shouldn't?
Not real hard to figure out who many of them are... Especially if you have played and been around participating with people in-game on multiple shards for many years...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
.....are you admitting on an open forum that you know the identities of members of the EM staff.
Yes, I definitely am.

I thought that information was private?
Yes, it is supposed to be.

How is this possible without EM staff sharing this information with you? If so, shouldn't you notify Mesanna of these peeps that are sharing information they shouldn't?
A lot of the identities were revealed as a result of them sharing the information with people, though not necessarily always to me directly. Screenshots and chat logs about things like that often end up being shared by the original person that was told about it by the EM, and it spreads more from there. One person even announced they were an EM by writing it in their personal icq status for all 100+ contacts to see. Mesanna has already been informed by various people over the years, but honestly there is no way for her to truly prevent it. All it takes is one lapse in judgment, whether it was accidental or on purpose, and the identity is already out and totally at the mercy of whoever was the first to find out on whether they choose to share it further or not. It's not always the person's fault that their identity got out either, all it takes is one former Advisor/EM who they talked to about it while they were both staff together, sharing the information with their friends after they leave the staff.

In other cases, like Malagaste said, when you have played with someone for years and know particular ways they do things it is difficult for them to hide those habits and traits as an EM.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That was my thought as well!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
After discussion, it was decided to move these posts into a separate thread and in a different forum. Please keep in mind that private messages, ICQs, and other types of conversations between people are not allowed to be posted on Stratics. Personal attacks or public accusations are also against the RoC. Please stay on topic and within the RoC. Rules of Conduct | Stratics Community Forums