• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Corruption (broken off from Governor Request thread in UHall)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is why we have the PEC, to take the burden off the EMs to handle player events and the requests associated with them so EMs can continue to focus on shard wide responsibilities.
Like telling all their friends what slayers to bring to events ...and cross sharding themselves to get the drops from other EM events? I understand why EM's are sooooo busy. It is hard creating or transfer characters for all the events on all the various shards so they can get the drops for themselves.

Oh wait that might qualify as corruption of the EM program....and we dont have that cause Mesanna take that stuff serious!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Like telling all their friends what slayers to bring to events ...and cross sharding themselves to get the drops from other EM events? I understand why EM's are sooooo busy. It is hard creating or transfer characters for all the events on all the various shards so they can get the drops for themselves.

Oh wait that might qualify as corruption of the EM program....and we dont have that cause Mesanna take that stuff serious!
That's a VERY bold statement and I hope you have proof not only to back that up but to send to Mesanna.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There can always be a bad apple in the bunch, but don't brand ALL of them with the same iron.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There can always be a bad apple in the bunch, but don't brand ALL of them with the same iron.
Agreed.

It's like I tell my "kids" all the time... No matter where you work you will have to deal with people that tick you off... they are everywhere. You will have to deal with people who are EXTREMELY lazy and get away with it. You will have to deal with people who are "pets" of the "boss"... and can do no wrong... No matter where you work or who you work for. Even if you are your own boss you have to deal with people. Learning tolerance and coping skills are far more important than quitting. You eventually learn how to deal with THAT individual... If you keep quitting jobs and going somewhere else you'll have to keep learning to deal with different people and it makes YOU look bad.

There are always people who are out to "make a buck" and they will stop at nothing to do so. Even cheat.

What I never get is if you have to cheat to "win" which in UO IMO there is no winning or losing... just a life that is not your droll everyday RL life... then your not just ruining the game for other people your the biggest loser because you can't actually play the game the way it was intended and "win" you have to cheat... like a little child and cry when someone beats you at cheating...

I just don't get why people put so much worth on items anyway and that quite probably is why I get irritated and want them to never drop or be vended... there is enough rare junk in the game to fight over. Rare colored gift items, the Moonstone Jewelery, Slithers etc... we don't need to be churning out another 500 every month in items for EM events.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That's a VERY bold statement and I hope you have proof not only to back that up but to send to Mesanna.
Like you should talk with all your BS ranting...

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not overly bold or new. It is a known fact, known by many. The only way to eliminate it would be to eliminate Event drops. Or perhaps Make them no more common then the drop rate of a Slither.

The system was broken as soon as they allowed players to effect rewards and drops for other players. Who could possibly believe that EM's would sit by and watch Drops that they facilitate to get sold for 100's of millions and not want a piece of that? Their reward is what...a free account and minimum wage pay for 4-5 hrs a week. And Mes doesnt believe her EMs would do this....why??? Because she take this seriously??? Dont make me laugh...if she took it seriously she would stop it.

Think about who EM's are.... For the without exception they are the players many with 17-18 year accounts...have never taken a serious break from their accounts. Have multiple accounts...are UO equivalent to HOARDERS, with chests and houses full of stuff that they dont need, cant use, but must have because this game feeds a personality disorder. No they wouldnt talk to other EM's and find stuff out....or go to other shards for the global event that only they know exactly what to expect. They wouldnt tell a few friends to convince them to come along.....Of course not....
No,.. none of that is believable at all.

My statement isnt Bold, it is common sense! Mes doesnt need anyone to name names she just needs to open her eyes. She doesnt because a corrupt EM program looks better then no EM program on the spreadsheet.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This conversation was moved to Spiels and Rants. This is a hot topic that a lot of people want to talk about--just remember to keep discussion general. Any accusations or evidence against specific EMs should be sent directly to Mesanna.