• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Edit screen shots quick

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

XnView MP is provided as FREEWARE (NO Adware, NO Spyware) for private or educational use (including non-profit organizations).
If you enjoy using XnView MP, feel free to help the developer with a small donation.

If you intend to use XnView in a company, you must purchase a license.

2-1-210008.jpg
I been using this for almost two years now, there been updates to it and it is free.
2-1-210009.jpg
Of course you still need to use a screen capture program to snap the picture, and I been using this since year 2000. No clue where you can get it. I found that paint was to slow for me to edit the snaps and love how I can use XnView to edit any snap in seconds.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What kind of edits are you performing that can't be done in Paint?

What's a screen capture program? Does it do more than pressing print screen and pasting it into paint? You can also hold alt and hit print screen to capture just the active screen.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

What's a screen capture program? Does it do more than pressing print screen and pasting it into paint? You can also hold alt and hit print screen to capture just the active screen.
I can edit the size, crop it, all that you can do in paint as well and not leave the game screen as the program sit atop till I am done. Yet I can still see my game window. its a all in one photo viewer, image management, image resizer.

Photo Viewer

With XnView you can browse, organize, and view your images in numerous ways:

• Thumbnail View
  • FullScreen View
  • FilmStrip View
  • SlideShow with FX
  • Image Compare
Photo Editor
XnView allows you to process your images with an arsenal of editing tools:

• Resize, Rotate, Crop
  • Lossless Rotate & Crop (jpeg)
  • Adjust Brightness, Contrast, ...
  • Auto Levels, Auto Contrast
  • Modify Colors depth & palette
  • Apply filters & Effects

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I have used a program called Grabby for many years. You open it and let it run in the background and when you press Print scr it saves the screen shot as a file. You choose where it saves and how many it saves before it over writes the saves. This way you can play and make a bunch of screen shots and go into the folder later and edit them with a program.

I would guess this program does something similar but has an edit feature.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have used a program called Grabby for many years. You open it and let it run in the background and when you press Print scr it saves the screen shot as a file. You choose where it saves and how many it saves before it over writes the saves. This way you can play and make a bunch of screen shots and go into the folder later and edit them with a program.

I would guess this program does something similar but has an edit feature.
Add UO as a non-steam game to steam and it does it. I like me some apps that save some effort, but not that insignificant an amount. Not that I'm trying to belittle this topic. I think it's great. Every tool I know about the better. It's just not for me at this time.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not allowed to talk about the program I use for screenshots here, but it allows me to take a screenshot as part of a macro. For example, I can set up a macro to steal last target, wait .5 secs and take a screenshot to make sure that all of my steals are documented. It also automatically takes a screenshot when I die or if someone on my screen dies. I wouldn't use anything else.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have been using the free version of Tiny Take for a while when it comes to video and screen grabs. Easy to use one program for both things.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I use Lightshot.

1612303922895.png

When you select an area you get these options...can type, draw, save, print, copy...I've used this one for a very long time.

So many screen grab programs out there!