Easy fix for those who hate duping, gold selling and cross shard trading!!!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Selling 3m on Siege, PM for details :D

(Not really)

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 14, 2006
Hate to burst your bubble but there is plenty of gold selling going on in Siege.

F

Flora Green

I was just on Siege, where were you Rico? And don't say work cause that's lame. :p

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 8, 2006
Nothing at all comparable to the production shards. But at least we know that that gold and those resources aren't duped, or haven't been cross shard traded...la
Hate to burst your bubble, but the last few dupes had nothing to do with character transfers. So i'm pretty sure there was duping on siege also.

:loser:

C

Connor_Graham

We have a "come to Siege" post in nearly every thread ever created on UHall. We sure as hell didn't need a thread specifically for that.

Besides, scripting and duping take place on Siege too, not to mention gold farming and such. There's not as much of it going on because Siege is empty, thus why there are so many "come to Siege" posts.

I swear some people act like they're as desparate as a butt ugly $2 prostitute with facial herpes.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
Nothing at all comparable to the production shards. But at least we know that that gold and those resources aren't duped, or haven't been cross shard traded...la
Hate to burst your bubble, but the last few dupes had nothing to do with character transfers. So i'm pretty sure there was duping on siege also.

:loser:
The fact that we don't have trammel helps us tremendously from a duping aspect. So your assumption that duping takes place on Siege is just that...an assumption...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
We have a "come to Siege" post in nearly every thread ever created on UHall. We sure as hell didn't need a thread specifically for that.

Besides, scripting and duping take place on Siege too, not to mention gold farming and such. There's not as much of it going on because Siege is empty, thus why there are so many "come to Siege" posts.

I swear some people act like they're as desparate as a butt ugly $2 prostitute with facial herpes.
And in every one, you seem to take the time to post something negative about Siege. Sorry your shard isn't good enough to be advertised for by most of the shard posters here...la

C

Connor_Graham

And in every one, you seem to take the time to post something negative about Siege. Sorry your shard isn't good enough to be advertised for by most of the shard posters here...la
As my shard is in the top 5 most populated, there's no need for it to be advertised on an hourly basis.

And yeah, this thread ended up exactly where it should have been.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
maybe they are just tired of A few SP Superiority complex.

:p

And you say its assumed that SP has duping. Well then you assume that all of our shards have it. And its not an easy fix. You would have to drop things that people have worked years and years for the join SP. Sooo I think its a difficult decision.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
Of course it would be a difficult decision. Nobody is saying it isn't or wouldn't be. I'm just giving examples as to why Siege may be a reason to forego those hesitations.

So many people complain about those things, I just mentioned that on Siege, we don't, so if they want to keep playiong UO without having to deal with the issues that won't be resolved (I think we can both agree on that point) giver a go. That being said, Siege isn't for everyone, but many people who I have spoken with who have recently switched to Siege either..

a) had never really understood the shard different ruleset
b) had only played one shard since they were newbies, and had never thought about looking at other shards to play.

With the constant quiting people do with UO, someone who may have played in a large guild, may find them selves alone on the production shards, and are looking for a new challange. Siege can offer that opportunity to them...la

R

Riverhorse

Having recently started playing on siege, I would like to add my two cents. I have well developed entourages on 2 other shards, nice 18x18 on each shard. And yet I have more fun on siege. Yes there are red pk's. You learn to live with it. Yes there is an occaisional scriptor - they tend to die young. There may be some duping - I honestly cant say one way or the other. Siege is less item driven and surprizingly (with 1 or 2 exceptions I am sure) if you are in a bind, most people (red and blue) will help you out.

U

UO's Old.

Siege isn't the remedy for every thing. I, personally think siege was broke with the launch of AoS.

Low populated outside of a few die hards. :coco:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
I like low populations. I wish the earth would follow suit.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Having recently started playing on siege, I would like to add my two cents. I have well developed entourages on 2 other shards, nice 18x18 on each shard. And yet I have more fun on siege. Yes there are red pk's. You learn to live with it. Yes there is an occaisional scriptor - they tend to die young. There may be some duping - I honestly cant say one way or the other. Siege is less item driven and surprizingly (with 1 or 2 exceptions I am sure) if you are in a bind, most people (red and blue) will help you out.
Ditto.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
The world was stupid long before then. England, especially.

S

Sindris

The world was stupid long before then. England, especially.
England? You mean the country that for a long time had the strongest economy, strongest Navy and colonies on practically every continent on earth? That England?

B

Belanos/Icicle

England? You mean the country that for a long time had the strongest economy, strongest Navy and colonies on practically every continent on earth? That England?
no, I'm sure he meant England's evil twin nation New England. /roll eyes