• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ea land closed?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_DutchAmerica

LMAO...seems like EA is a bit confused.

I hope for everyone that it's just amnesty and adjusting for easier game play for ya.

I'd give my stuff away but just as always....there's always a little misguided hope that maybe, just maybe beyond all odds....it might come back. UGH!!!

M

mysticlisa516

*TTL*

OMFG...Luckily I check my bank account everyday. EA had the friggen nerve to charge one of my accounts today. I don't think "David" was pleased that I called..LOL

Can't EA do ANYTHING right? Wasn't billing supposed to have stopped on 4/29?

D

Doxie02

They will still bill for the month of May, June and July are free. Btw, still no word on why EA Land is closed?

B

barbe

omg for the cust. support number when u sat tech and then for sims online line they picked up then got my ifo told me to hang on then came back and then i called back maybe it was an oops but then they would pick up hang up without saying nething... t i think were screwed

G

i called, got some female with a heavy accent named "rachel" (hmmm, skeptical), I am hold being entertained with some free-use muuuuzaKKKK.

T

Terra Pin

Thanks Aster, I'll keep watching for your updates
It's not like we haven't seen this city up but closed thing before, I think we're just all scared they'll do something horrid like lock the doors and pull the plug now

I'm sure they won't... well 75% sure. They ARE obligated to keep the game running for 90 after notice aren't they? (vague memories of the ToS agreement floating through the recesses of my brain)

Madra/Mairi

<blockquote><hr>

<font color=red>EA has been notified that EA-Land server is UP, but CLOSED to player entry</font color=red>

Don't know why it says that, don't know if notifying will change anything.
But Stratics has sent the message.
If I hear anything, I'll post it to here and Server Outages.

Aster
EAL TSO Stratics Managing Editor

[/ QUOTE ]

G

dont hang up, stay on hold, mayhaps we can jam their lines.

oops, "rachel" returned and said she checked and "the website is working absolutely fine" and if I get the same error after a "half an hour" to call them again, tvm.

((gak))

B

barbe

o ya sounds like its working absolutley fine doesnt it.... do they think were idiots.. come on already...

I

imported_herk1287

Question? about billing, has it actually stopped I was charged today for other account, well says pending I called, and they said to ignore it, and I suppsedly got refund for april 28th charge? any other issues

G

I visited EA Town Hall just the other night and I spacifically asked Parizad if we were going to be charged for may or if the game was free from now until Aug 1st.. she said herself that there would be NO may charges.. well, once again, lied to. Luckily I checked my bank account and low and behold, $9.99 was taken out. I immediately got on the phone with them and spoke to a "shane" and he gave me back my $9.99. I asked him right then if I was going to have any trouble playing the game and he stated "no, it is free from now until Aug 1st"

So if you do get charged, call them immediately, they have actually been super nice about the whole thing

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

i got charged 9.99 last week, on the 28th, and then *again* today. customer service keeps putting me on hold and then drops me. ugh.

G

we pay monthly by a pre-paid credit card so does that mean IF i dont pay for this next month that i will not be able too play till the end or will it really be free till the end?

edited for typo

G

According to Parizad, the game will be free from April 29th until August 1st. IF you get charged for May.. call them. I specifacally &lt;sp&gt; asked if I would have any trouble playing the game and the EA Rep told me no, that it was free from NOW until closing.

I

imported_Salarah

What is the chances that we have had the game pulled today? And that if we wish to continue to the end we will have to go to TC3? Boy that would really, really, be a low blow..but how much lower can EA go?

T

Terra Pin

<blockquote><hr>

Its not that, Dont Worry

[/ QUOTE ]

My bear is SO hunting down your bear if you're wrong!!

Oh wait.....

Madra

I

imported_Salarah

Hope not also wondering if those who requested refunds are the ones being locked out? Are we all out in the cold..is weird that the sign came up after log in..??

G

so is it closed for the day or just for a bit? it is closed as of right now

G

I'm no longer getting the "closed" message. EA-Land just shows as offline now.

I

imported_Salarah

Ty for confirmation! Just really am not in a trusting mood of EA right now.

I

imported_Patch Highlander

Logically speaking that's true but at this point No one can be really sure of anything except that the is closing. I sincerely hope that EA Corporate honor their final promises... it would be the right thing to do.

Patch

------------------------------------------------------

That should mean that the game will be kept functional until the closing date!

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Locking this now that EA-Land is back up.

For the billing issues, there are several on-going threads.
To continue the discussion, please use one open and available in City Hall.

Aster

Status
Not open for further replies.