• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ea land closed?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

whats up with that why have they closed ea land down?????????

I

imported_TraciRK

Nobody knows for sure, they said it was losing EA money, but I think EA is losing EA money lol.

I

imported_Armonia

It says closed. it means you can no longer create a new sim there. I saw this in another post. However, as of August 1st,2008 the game will no longer be active.

D

Demoncleaner

i dunno but at this point anythings possible with these ppl lol

G

no i just went in to play and i cant get it it tells me its closed ... im not gonna spend the rest of my time in here in test center

I

imported_Fire Dragon

*pokes tongue in cheek*

Maybe they are giving us our amnesty afterall.

G

i doubt that pari said they wont let em make any updates to the game

D

Demoncleaner

<blockquote><hr>

*pokes tongue in cheek*

Maybe they are giving us our amnesty afterall.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol its good to hope

M

Monkeybear

If you already have a sim in eal you can still play there

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

If you already have a sim in eal you can still play there

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, not whilst it says it's closed, you can't..

D

Demoncleaner

k ppl shes tryin to say its closed meaning if you log in and go to click yer sim it says sorry closed try another city and poof!

P

philw1

probably puting in the higher skill speed and lower prices they promised

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

probably puting in the higher skill speed and lower prices they promised

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I could tell, they had already bumped up the speed, hours ago and lowered the prices.

<blockquote><hr>

could they be doing there daily maint.?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were doing maintainence, it would say so, not the message we are getting atm.

G

nice of em to tell us whats going on so we can sit here and speculate gesh..

I

imported_sedusa

Copied from ea support

Are you still going to update the game?

No, most of the EA-Land team is moving onto other projects immediately. However, the server team will work to make sure that EA-Land runs smoothly through the Sunset process.

------------------------------------------------------

That should mean that the game will be kept functional until the closing date!

G

well its not functional if it tells u closed when u click on your sim to logg into ea land

D

DGLita

I woudlnt be suprised if Pari just threw up her hands in disgust and just went home for the day.

She was told we cannot have anymore updates but we begged for higher skilling and lower prices, and she gave it to us! But the comments on the EALand blog would reduce anyone to tears after she tried to help us. It was so bad that she had to shut the comments facility off.

The game is closing, end of story. But Parizad is really trying to make the best of it for us and she just gets blasted by the players. People are angry and they have a right to be, but DONT take it out on her!

I

imported_eggchick7

OMG ur absolutely right, I cant access ealand either wtf is going on....make worse whoever is responsible why dont you?

H

hollythor

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! How close must you be to kiss someone's butt? HMM? as usual, no info on why its closed. Screw it I suppose. Prolly decided to close now to avoid further posts. Well, ok I am not optimistic. But honestly, should I be? Pa-LEASE! Inform us why its closed already. Otherwise, see you in Kaneva!

G

open the daym city allready or let someone know why the hell its closed!!!! we were promised till aug 1st!!!!!!!!!

I

imported_Armonia

I saw somewhere that they said it was now open and peeps were saying they were in. I tried to get in EA Land an it still says this city is temporarily closed. What is up?

G

*TTL*

You know, it's hard for me not to think this (since everything told to us has basically been a lie) but... what if they decided to pull the plug now? Mind you, I am speculating and not trying to tick anyone off here. Just wanted to see if you guys thought this is a possibility.

G

Possibly. Especially since so many people have been calling requesting refunds? (Me included since I was billed the day before they decided to close it down.)

I

imported_eggchick7

Surely they wouldn't be a) So crass B) So underhanded and vile?
And why would TC3 be still operational if that were so? I give up...

G

I'd vote for c) they would be both A &amp; B and still sleep like a baby at night.

They don't care about the little guys- it's all about the benjamins.

B

barbe

this is BS.. still no answers on why there killing us and now we cant even logg in and again dont know why... WTF is wrong with u EA... we ae PPL behind these SIMS ... we were promised till AUG 1 but then again we were promised a thousand other things and oops u must have had ur fingers crossed.. ur seriously ruining ur rep.. now exspecailly..

G

We'll huff, and we'll puff, and we'll blow the garwsh darn door down! Let us in so that we can at least saying our final farewells!!

Edited to correct typos due to my outrage. LOL!

G

<font color=red>EA has been notified that EA-Land server is UP, but CLOSED to player entry</font color=red>

Don't know why it says that, don't know if notifying will change anything.
But Stratics has sent the message.
If I hear anything, I'll post it to here and Server Outages.

Aster
EAL TSO Stratics Managing Editor

A

acetyp

Hey Everyone...it's Jazzme (dances Jazz, while typing...)

I cannot get into EA neither. I am having sim withdrawal... lol

I am still amazed that after all the work the devs had accomplished, and the people in game, that they would just drop it like a ball... Parizad, you guys
rock...did a great job, sure wish it weren't true.

It's sad...

G

<blockquote><hr>

this is BS.. still no answers on why there killing us and now we cant even logg in and again dont know why... WTF is wrong with u EA... we ae PPL behind these SIMS ... we were promised till AUG 1 but then again we were promised a thousand other things and oops u must have had ur fingers crossed.. ur seriously ruining ur rep.. now exspecailly..

[/ QUOTE ]I think it's C also. Why would they care? This game has been losing them money over the past 12 months since they bought it from Maxis. So much time and effort has gone into this game and to throw it away now makes no sense to me. TC3 is up and running because that is the place where most people go to play for free. EAL being shut down now would make sense. I just don't get it though.

I read it was reported to EA, but is there anyone over there listening to do something about it?

G

thanks aster!!!! at least ya tried
ohh i just got an email from ea customer service lets go see what it is

G

aint this a joke omfg

de2004's subscription to The Sims Online™ will expire in 7 days. To continue your game play uninterrupted, just click here to login to your account and activate your billing. In seconds you'll be back in the game.

Don't leave your Sims, friends and neighbors behind! Upgrade to full user status today to keep playing The Sims Online. Upgrading is fast and easy and there are many different payment options to choose from.

I

imported_Armonia

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME????? they are really nuts.

B

barbe

ur confused im pist... no email responses back no news... what the hell could they poss. be doing... theres killing us in a few months anyway...... hate EA.. these songs go out to them HOOBASTANK- RUNNING AWAY SALIVA- ALWAYS- RODNEY ATKINS - THESE ARE MY PPL THREE DAYS GRACE... HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT U........ I NEED A SIM HUG ='(((

G

LOL NO I JUST GOT 2 OF EM I HAVE 5 ACCOUNTS!!!! ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOO

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

You know, it's hard for me not to think this (since everything told to us has basically been a lie) but... what if they decided to pull the plug now? Mind you, I am speculating and not trying to tick anyone off here. Just wanted to see if you guys thought this is a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they chose to pull the plug now, I'd be calling my bank and requesting a charge back of my EA payments for the last 2 months.

In his blog, Luc said the last 60 days were free. If TSO is offline permanently now, then they owe us 2 months!!

G

Hello middysim!
middysim's subscription to The Sims Online™ will expire in 7 days. To continue your game play uninterrupted, just click here to login to your account and activate your billing. In seconds you'll be back in the game.

Don't leave your Sims, friends and neighbors behind! Upgrade to full user status today to keep playing The Sims Online. Upgrading is fast and easy and there are many different payment options to choose from.

Need Help?
If you have questions or just need a helping hand, click here to link to the "Help" site.

Have fun!

Privacy Policy
We want our Privacy Policy to give you confidence whenever you play at EA.com -- because your privacy is very important to us. Click here to view our complete Privacy Policy.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE SIMS ONLINE, INCLUDING TERMS OF SERVICE AND GAME AVAILABILITY CAN BE FOUND AT www.thesimsonline.com.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hello middysim!
middysim's subscription to The Sims Online™ will expire in 7 days. To continue your game play uninterrupted, just click here to login to your account and activate your billing. In seconds you'll be back in the game.

Need Help?
If you have questions or just need a helping hand, click here to link to the "Help" site.

Have fun!

Privacy Policy
We want our Privacy Policy to give you confidence whenever you play at EA.com -- because your privacy is very important to us. Click here to view our complete Privacy Policy.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE SIMS ONLINE, INCLUDING TERMS OF SERVICE AND GAME AVAILABILITY CAN BE FOUND AT www.thesimsonline.com.

[/ QUOTE ] THIS IS JUST TOO FFUNNY

Status
Not open for further replies.