• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Dude wait... What?

treunanen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried to create my first 70 all res and 100LRC suit but as soon as I reach to the point where I have 70 all resists I simply cant get the LRC on to the pieces anymore. So what am I doing wrong or is 84.5 imbuing skill just not enough to pull this off?

Any advices on what pieces to look for, what to imbue first or any insight on how should I calculate the desired mods and changes to the resists are highly appreciated.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is your starting point? I would start with GM barbed leather, add lrc, check resists and then overwrite the lowest resists on each piece (probably 2 per piece) to reach all 70s. You'll probably have space to put something else on, which will depend on your template and the availability of resources. I favour mana increase.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am at 120 so I cant remember the chance to make at your level but here is what I would do!
1 craft you armor from leather using barbed or horned
2 Imbue each peace with lrc (as much as you can) until you have 100 total
3 put all your pieces on and select the resist with the lowest total
4 now find the peace that has the lowest resist in that particular resist
5 imbue piece with as much as you can
6 repeat starting at step 3 spreading the imbues over all pieces untill you get to 70

The key is maximizing your imbues! example
peace 1 resists 5,6,8,10,8
peace 2 resists 7,8,4,5,8
if you are trying to get poison up the piece to imbue would be piece #2 it has 5 and you will get more bang for your buck
hope this helps

oh and when you make your pieces have 100 lore for the bonus
and try to make pieces that are high in at least 2-3 of the resists

treunanen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is what I got for creating a set from barbed leather:

All the resists are marked like so:

Item: Physical/Fire/Cold/Poison/Energy

So here they are. All of them made with GM armslore, GM Tailoring from barbed leather and kasa from cloth

Kasa: 2/9/13/9/11
Gorget: 6/8/10/9/14
Tunic: 9/10/9/10/9
Sleeves: 7/13/8/9/10
Gloves: 9/7/7/15/9
Legs: 6/11/9/10/11

So where to start? How to build the resists and what to imbue at which point?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

So here they are. All of them made with GM armslore, GM Tailoring from barbed leather and kasa from cloth

ok I added them real fast so check my math but this is what i get

so you would start with physical its by far the lowest
kasa has 2 so you should be able to add 13 MAKING 15 so now physical is 52 and still the lowest s
so now we will imbue the legs they are 6 we should be able to add 11 (I think would have to check the piece)
so now physical is 63 etc and just keep this up till 70s

and dont forget to put on lrc first

the next would be cold and i would add to gloves and keep in mind try to keep the imbues even accross pieces or whatever will give you the most !

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For just a simple 70s 100% LRC suit, I craft many of each piece and put them together mixing and matching until I get 6 pieces with two 70s. It doesn't particularly matter which two resists you shoot for. If crafting with barbed leather you'll have a really good chance at getting either cold, poison or energy resists. Having GM Arms Lore is essential. You'll be looking for the pieces with very low physical and fire resists. Once I get the six pieces it usually takes three imbues to get the physical resist to 70 and only two imbues each for the remaining two resists. Once that is done, add LRC and MR1. Easy suit to make and at very low cost. No special or rare hard to get ingredients are needed unless you really need to imbue max resists, then you'll need boura pelts.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

First things first - do you plan on using boura pelts for max resists, or going 2 below max with no specials.

Secondly, do you plan on using faery dust or not for the LRC? All that will change is having LRC on 5 or 6. Since all you are doing is resists and LRC, 6 is no big deal, with the added bonus that you won't cap the weight too quickly.

84.5 is going to stress things, but it's not impossible - I made my first like this in the same skill range.

The first thing *I* look at is which is already the strongest piece, which is the weakest, and go with the resists from there. I start with LRC first - makes life easier, and, in general, as long as you always get Physical and Fire to 70, the rest isn't as important. But that's not what you're after

Code:
Step 1 - 

Kasa:   2|9|13|9|11    - LRC 18
Gorget: 6|8|10|9|14   - LRC 18
Tunic:  9|10|9|10|9    - LRC 10
Sleeves: 7|13|8|9|10  - LRC 18
Gloves: 9|7|7|15|9      - LRC 18
Legs: 6|11|9|10|11    - LRC 18

Total so far - 

P|F|C|P|E   LRC
       39|58|56|62|64  |100
*assuming NO special ingredients

This is actually not a bad starting point - your biggest worry is Physical Resist, which you need to spread 31 points across 6 items.

First imbue - take the Kasa to 13 physical - that leaves you 20 to spread across 5 items.
Next imbue - take the gorget to 13 physical, leaving you 13 to fill.
Next imbue - take the sleeves to 13 physical, leaving you 7 to fill.
Next imbue - take the legs to 13 physical, which takes total physical to 70.

Note, we have yet to touch resists on either the gloves or the tunic, still leaving you 4 imbues on each, and 3 more on the prior 4 imbued items.

Next, we do the same for fire resist. This is easier - only need to boost 12 points.

First imbue - Take the gloves to 13, leaving 6 points to fill.
Next imbue - take the gorget to 13, leaving 1 point to fill.
Take the Kasa to 10, finishing fire.

Next is cold. Only 14 points to fill.
First imbue - take the gloves to 13, leaving 7 points.
Next imbue - take the legs to 13, leaving 3 points.
Last imbue - take the tunic to 12, finishing poison.

2 more resists to finish out. Let's review where we are, now.

Kasa has been improved to 13|10|13|9|11 18 LRC, with room for 2 more imbues.
Gorget has been improved to 13|13|10|9|14 18 LRC, with room for 2 more imbues.
Tunic has been improved to 9|10|12|10|9 10 LRC, leaving room for 3 more imbues.
Sleeves have been improved to 13|13|8|9|10 18 LRC, leaving room for 3 more imbues.
Gloves have been improve to 9|13|13|15|9 18 LRC, leaving room for 2 more imbues.
Legs have been improved to 13|11|13|10|11 18 LRC, leaving room for 2 more imbues.

You need 8 to finish poison - I'd put 4 on the kasa, and 4 on the sleeves.
6 to finish energy - 4 on the tunic, 2 on the kasa (which finishes all imbue upgrades to the kasa).

Yes, you will burn a few more gems doing the final imbue on the kasa, but there is a method behind the madness. Notice with the way I have laid this out, you still have the ability to add 10 more modifications across the remaining 5 items - be it luck, MR, LMC, nightsight, whatever makes you happy. It also leaves both jewel slots, primary and secondary to play with.

This is *how* I would do it, at least at that skill level. You aren't maxing anything out, so you shouldn't be going out of your skill range. If you are finding you are having issues with the final imbue on the kasa, just move to a different slot. Also, if you have yet to get your 10k loyalty points, you'll still want to use the soulforge just beyond the moongate.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just one more thing to add for all 70's suit if you have room you can throw resists or LRC on imbued jewelry. Some artifact LRC jewelry comes with a resist added like the Alchemist's Bauble has 20 LRC and +10 poison resist. Otherwise, I think all the help offered will get you the suit.

-Lorax

treunanen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. So now I have tried the method offered by Guido but here is where the wall comes:

I first applied LRC 18 to all the pieces in question. Then I walked through the stesps given here. So now I have reached to the following resists / stats per piece:

Kasa: 13/10/13/9/11 LRC18
Gorget: 13/13/10/9/14 LRC18
Sleeves: 13/13/8/9/10 LRC18
Gloves: 9/13/13/15/9 LRC18
Tunic: 9/10/13/10/9 LRC18
Legs: 13/11/13/10/11 LRC18

So total resists stand at 70/70/70/62/64

If I now try to apply more poison resist to for example Kasa, Gorget or sleeves since they are the lowest the success change is next to nothing:

Gorget: to imbu 13% of poison resist - success chance: 0,0%
Kasa: to imbu 13% of poison resist - success chance: 0,0%
Sleeves: to imbu 13% of poison resist - success chance: 14,6%

So after I imbu the Sleeves, Im still missing 4 points from the armours for poison resist and 4 of energy.

So I gave it a go and imbued energy resist on tunic to 13, leaving still 2 points to go for 70. This is the absolute maximum I can go with this skill. So I assume no matter how I look at it, the skill is not just enough to produce the suit :)

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. So now I have tried the method offered by Guido but here is where the wall comes:

I first applied LRC 18 to all the pieces in question. Then I walked through the stesps given here. So now I have reached to the following resists / stats per piece:

Kasa: 13/10/13/9/11 LRC18
Gorget: 13/13/10/9/14 LRC18
Sleeves: 13/13/8/9/10 LRC18
Gloves: 9/13/13/15/9 LRC18
Tunic: 9/10/13/10/9 LRC18
Legs: 13/11/13/10/11 LRC18

So total resists stand at 70/70/70/62/64

If I now try to apply more poison resist to for example Kasa, Gorget or sleeves since they are the lowest the success change is next to nothing:

Gorget: to imbu 13% of poison resist - success chance: 0,0%
Kasa: to imbu 13% of poison resist - success chance: 0,0%
Sleeves: to imbu 13% of poison resist - success chance: 14,6%

So after I imbu the Sleeves, Im still missing 4 points from the armours for poison resist and 4 of energy.

So I gave it a go and imbued energy resist on tunic to 13, leaving still 2 points to go for 70. This is the absolute maximum I can go with this skill. So I assume no matter how I look at it, the skill is not just enough to produce the suit :)
How much skill gain did you get? If it wasn't bad skill gain then let your casting character have that suit and make another.

Did you really add 18 LRC to all the pieces, because 10 was supposed to be on the Tunic? Lower the tunic to LRC 10 then try that.

Now the next time do LRC 17 on four pieces and 16 on two pieces. That will give you a slightly more percent chance on the resists because the overall weight is lower.

Don't forget the jewel slots.

-Lorax

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much has your imbuing skill gone up since your first post? At 84.5 skill you're still well below a decent success chance for fourth and fifth imbues that are approaching the 500% intensity maximum. You'll notice a huge difference in success chance over 110.0 imbuing skill. You should have no problem making this suit at Elder level.

G

grandpa otis

One problem you have is that you did not heed what Ezek said earlier in thread,,,, you should have no problem STARTING your suit with 2 of the resist ALREADY at 70 or more. I make almost all of my suits 85/70/70/70/70,,,, run with 85 phys so my toon can keep protection cast and still be all 70's,,,, arranging ur pcs so u START with 2 resist already 70 means of the 30 mods you have available on ur suit(5 mods X 6 pcs) it will take at most 9-10 imbues to get this suit,,,,and without using any special ingredients. Here's how I do it,,,,, since I need 85 in phys I gonna imbue nearly every pc with phys resist so I start by saving only those barbed pcs that have 5 or 6 resist in phys,,, this means more of the pts are spread thru the other 4,,,, for example,, i will stockpile pcs like,,,5/8/7/14/13,,,, and recycle a pc tht is 8/11/9/10/9... I espcially save one pc tht has 10 phys so I can imbue the other 5 pcs with 15 phys and have exactly 85 total with 5 imbues...I usually make 3 or 4 of each pc tht meets these requirements. Now you lay out ur suit and have 1 pc with the ten phys and the other 5 pcs with the 5/6 phys,,, and then total the resist,,, if you lucky you have sumpin like 37/48/53/70/72 (tht was my last suit) to start...if you don't have 2 resist already at 70 use ur extras pcs and play with the numbers and u will get it,,,i was able to get this suit maxed with only the 5 imbues in phys and 2 in fire and 2 in cold,, thts 9 imbues which left me 21 more imbues to throw on it,,, so I ended up with 85/70/70/70/72,,LRC 100,,mana increase +48,,,,LMC 40%,,,MR 4 or 5(can't remember which) ,,,

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the OP's problem is too low of skill to reliably iimbue the 4th and 5th properties on an item.

In terms of mods and intensities -it is very easy to make leather 70's (75 in energy for elves) 100% LRC, 6 MR and +42 Mana Increase with a few mod spots left over.

I've used similar methods to above to create suits like this. The best pieces to start with are ones with one or two very low resist mods (anything less than 6). That means your EX bonus and arms lore got stuffed into other resists and not evenly distributed. So you leave the rest of the resists the way they are and imbue up the low ones and for basically 2 mods per piece - you have your all 70's taken care of. Then you slap on LRC 18 and MR 1 and maybe some mana increase with the rest of the mods.

I've just put up some suits like this for 300k on GL. Given the cost of the gems, the essance etc and my time - that is a fair price methinks.

J

[JD]

I would like to create suits like this on my shard as well, however my skill is so low - 78.x that I don't know if I'll be able to do all 70's resists and 100 LRC. Does it seem possible?

I've made a 100 LRC suit before just without good resists. I called it a newbie LRC suit and stuck it on my vendor in Luna. It took 2 days to sell and I got 30k for it.

When it comes to making versions of these suits for Gargoyls, I assume I'll need tinkering for the ring, bracelet, necklace, and earring? What skill level must I have to accomplish this with tinkering? I have GM arms lore but only 50 tinkering. I will make the human ring/bracelet because they can also be worn by human.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to create suits like this on my shard as well, however my skill is so low - 78.x that I don't know if I'll be able to do all 70's resists and 100 LRC. Does it seem possible?

I've made a 100 LRC suit before just without good resists. I called it a newbie LRC suit and stuck it on my vendor in Luna. It took 2 days to sell and I got 30k for it.

When it comes to making versions of these suits for Gargoyls, I assume I'll need tinkering for the ring, bracelet, necklace, and earring? What skill level must I have to accomplish this with tinkering? I have GM arms lore but only 50 tinkering. I will make the human ring/bracelet because they can also be worn by human.
It's possible, in theory, to make the suit at 78 or so - it's going to require a decent base to start with, and a lot of patience, and more than a bit of gold if you are willing to deal with a VERY high fail rate - 1-2% on the final imbues if you are lucky, and then the RNG roller coaster for enhancing.

In the long run, patience is probably the best advice - get into the 90's, and then start thinking better suits.

Jewelry? It's as easy to just buy blanks from a npc vendor.

It's not hard to GM tinkering - just tedious - although there are benefits, such as being able to make all your own tools, sewing kits, etc etc. The biggie (more or less) is potion kegs, which, after enough time, you can sell enough of to re-coup your expenses. With imbuing, the market for the high end tinkered jewels has dropped (not that it was ever that great to begin with).

J

[JD]

Stuff like the gargoyle necklace and earrings comes with base resists on it though, like a piece of armor. Wouldn't you want to tinker that with arms lore to get better resists, vs. buying from npc ?

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stuff like the gargoyle necklace and earrings comes with base resists on it though, like a piece of armor. Wouldn't you want to tinker that with arms lore to get better resists, vs. buying from npc ?
I craft for humans and elves :) The earring thing is nice - wish they had that for all 3 races. Would make the all 70's suits even easier than they already are. As far as the neck goes, I prefer leather and then taking my chances with enhancing. The necklace can't be enhanced, and it makes no difference which metal you use. Six to one, half dozen to the other, I guess.

And with the 50 tinkering you have now, making a necklace *might* be possible, but an exceptional definitely isn't - even at GM, the exceptional rate (without a tali) is 30%, and regular chance is 80%. Earrings, at GM, are 90 for normal, 45 for exceptional. Not great odds, when you can just craft what you actually need from blanks.