Dryad Allure

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

Solus

So Dryad Allure is pretty cool. I'm at about 112 sw. I'm trying to find the best possible charmable monster. Arctic ogre lords are ok, orcish brutes are also cool I guess. They're nothing too great though. Is there something really cool to charm out there, or is it just a fun but ultimately not a fantastic skill? Also, are the charmed creatures trainable at all?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
Arctic ogre lords are incredible pets, and the best you'll get from spellweaving.

A fun "pet" to try out is the Meer Eternal. But only if you're suicidal.

But it is fun!

You could train your allures, but since you lose them every time you log out, there's no point to it really.

S

Solus

Arctic ogre lords are incredible pets, and the best you'll get from spellweaving.

But it is fun!

You could train your allures, but since you lose them every time you log out, there's no point to it really.
Right. I just didn't know if they followed the same rules under charm as everything else did training-wise. I'll go get me a meer eternal and walk round luna or something :p

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004

But it is fun!

Do allured "pets" loose stats/skills after the alluring like for the tamed ones as versus their wild status ?

S

Solus

Do allured "pets" loose stats/skills after the alluring like for the tamed ones as versus their wild status ?
Ya know, it seems like they do because my arctic ogre lord gets messed up.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Savage Ridgebacks (the riders) can heal you with bandages when charmed, theres also Meer Captains which use Chivalry and hit at range I think, neither of which are particularly strong just some stuff I found when messing with it once.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 12, 2005
Atlantic
Every time we pit an allured Arctic Ogre lord against an allured Ogre Lord, the Ogre Lord has more hp and usually beats the Arctic.
But the Arctic is better you say? Is it cause of more balanced resistances?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Isn't there a named rat man that has like 400 HP? It's found at sacrifice I believe...

I think it is a caster as well.
Not sure, theres one underground in Sanctury called 'something The Toothed', though I don't think it's charmable.

M

mastodon

yeah "the toothed one" hes decent fighter but not really worth going into anything heavy with, his resists arent as good as AOG's. its as well jaunt to get to him with all the lethal traps about. really depends on what your fighting.
an AOG would prolly be good against coil or miasma.ive used them in the tokuno thing against rune beetles, but they get burned from the mana dump more so then poison

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 28, 2009
Since when is Chiikaha the Toothed charmable again? Last time i tried some months ago i got the message that he cannot be charmed.
Meer Eternals are only good for the looks,they go poof when they do their special attack.
Plain Ogre Lords are probably the best allrounder with overall good resists and high hp,easy to keep alive.There is a niche for Arctic Ogre Lords because of 100% poison resist,but the non existent fire resists (they can be negative) and lower hp make them worse.