• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Drops for the new encounter.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone figured out how to get the mini bosses in the arc to spawn again once you have completed the quest? Trying to see if the Djinn drops a paragon chest like the Master Instructor did...

Bosses only appear for those who still on the part of the quest.

As long you did not turn the item in you need to collect (Or someone else near you) They will appear. But as soon you turn the item in and you want to keep killing the bosses, someone else will have to trigger the boss. You can still get the items with killing the bosses after finishing the quest but Only if someone else triggers the bosses.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember this is only the first part of this arc and we are feverishly working on the next which I think will bring smiles to a great many faces....until then there are plenty of easter eggs to find :devil:

You little devils! :D

Mmmm should i go mining in Ice or Destard near the crystals.......*wonders*

Last edited:

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember this is only the first part of this arc and we are feverishly working on the next which I think will bring smiles to a great many faces....until then there are plenty of easter eggs to find :devil:
Give us a hint on how to get those marble chests!!!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
until then there are plenty of easter eggs to find :devil:
I am not saying this is an area where these Easter eggs can be found... BUT.... the salvage hooks do work in the water close to the wreckage in Gravewater lake *shrugs*. Nothing yet, but figured I would try :)

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be honest, I got the pole on my first hook on my first character on the first say... and thought nothing of it. I didn't even insure it. Now it is locked down in my house :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure if it´s been mentioned already but is this new boss/area a permanent one?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not sure if it´s been mentioned already but is this new boss/area a permanent one?
Yes, Devs confirmed it as being permanent a while back. They said a lot of the content they are adding in this whole arc will be permanent.

Avenrose

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have two questions on these new drops
1: is it a typo on the garland staff, on stratics it says brittle but I've seen 3 of the (2 human 1 garg) and none have brittle on then them .

2: can anyone confirm if their is a Gargoyle version of the bow, and a human version of Craven ? Wondering since if not I can finally stop farming them since I have them all now lol

Avenrose

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes I went back threw to first page and saw the screen shot of it, showing brittle, maybe I just got lucky the 3 I got don't have brittle, kinda sucks though mine are spider slayer,dragon slayer and third I believe is therathan, but don't have a macer, that and no bane sucks too noticed equivocation and craven only two without bane

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Any chance of a hint or two?
where to look or something? Do the hidden chest count as an easter egg? Or should I keep opening them in hope?
I have been doing all kinds of goofy stuff looking for these things... from trying to steal stuff in other new areas, to stealing off of the bosses, throwing the salvage hooks in the middle of Gravewater Lake and have not ran across anything yet. Maybe today is the day.

Just for some who may want to try this... I do not have a detect hidden at all, someone that does may want to consider going to the new areas where the mini bosses are and use the detect hidden skill to see if it reveals some new stealables or something.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
hmmm.. Maybe it is picking up on the Ice Wyrm being hidden there waiting to pounce?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing in the ice wyrm area, and the river there isn't deep enough to throw the hooks in.
Nothing in the Orcish Engineer area, though I did arrive in time to throw a few heals on a character doing the quest :D

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm, I should have let ya know I tried the hooks there and they didn't work, I also tried them in the area Djinn is in as well. Oh well... we just keep blindly trying and we will stumble across something :D

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Spent quite some time killing Rock Mites, killed a few paragons while I was at it. Nothing special there so far and no chest on any paras yet...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Related to the new quest.
Can you at least tell us if they can be acquired after the quest has been completed, or do we need to be in the process of completing the quest in order to get them?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what about monster stealing on the obsidian wyrm, Djinn, ice wyrm or the brigand? Can anyone test I dont have stealing to 120 so I cant

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
what about monster stealing on the obsidian wyrm, Djinn, ice wyrm or the brigand? Can anyone test I dont have stealing to 120 so I cant
Tried and have only pulled gold so far. Once you steal from one you get the message saying it can only be stolen from once. Will try to make another round later this evening tho. May even get that stealing knife thing and try *shrugs*

Avenrose

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Wont give us any hints on the easter eggs but can you confirm or not if the items posted here and stratics are all that drop from the boss? Meaning : human/Garg captain johns,human /Garg pincer, human/Gary equivocation, abhorance, craven ? Or not gonna tell us and make us continue fighting in hops of something else's?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well I was killing the Paralithode things and figured I would carve them up and see if anything special was there... 20 Horned leather and 10 cut of ribs was all.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well... in the search for Easter Eggs I have done numerous things and came up blank....

LONG spoiler... not really a spoiler so don't get your hopes up. Just did not want to blow up the thread :)

1 - Walked the entire ship on tc with gm detect hidden to see if anything is hidden.
2 - Walked the entire Gravewater Lake (area to the ship and shoreline) looking for something new
3 - Stolen from mini and main boss, seaweed, crabs and water elles
4 - Carved up corpses of anything I run across
5 - Read every journal & log I come across (more on that later)
6 - Tried salvage hook in every area imaginable
7 - Used legendary fisher to fish in every area
8 - Walked every area with Circle Of Trans on to look for hidden doors etc.
9 - Retraced the route of the Ararat to the best of my ability
10 - Went to Serpent Pillars (as mentioned in Captains Log) in hopes of finding out they added the ability to go from Tram to Fel in this arc (could not find a way tho)
11 - Tried every which way I could to get a Paralithode outta there (including using a pet bonding potion, pet balling it to stable and stalling it as soon as it arrives LOL... 25m down the toilet :D )
12 - Two or three other things that I forget at the moment (will post again if I ever remember them haha)

When it comes to reading the scrolls etc I ran across a couple of things that I found interesting:

1 - The mention of Serpents Pillars in the Captains logs and the fact they started in Trammel and wound up in Malas. Could just be one of those fiction deals but felt it was worth checking into any way.

2 - In one of the Captains logs he states:

"There appears to be some type of water feature just to the South of the Wreck site. I made a attempt to scale the seamount and get atop this feature, but my efforts proved fruitless. Interestingly enough, however, as I recovered from a short fall from the seamount my hand found a peculiar gem. I quickly pocketed the crystal, knowing full well how the men can get when there may be treasure at stake. When i returned to my quarters I examined this mysterious jewel. It appears to be a multifaceted crystal of unknown origin. It is completely transparent save for a small opacity within the center. Until I can learn more of its nature I shall keep this find to myself."

now, this could be something that sets up the next arc, or could just be meaningless... but then I got to thinking it could also be a hint towards an Easter Egg. I share just so you greater minds can mull it over as well.

3 - The Hydras drop that Thorvalds Medallion like the Hydras in Blighted. Made mental note to carry one of those in the next fight with the boss to see if it has any effect. Thought process there is maybe it effects the Boss like the blackrock pieces effect the Dark Wisps. Probably will have no effect at all, but wanted to test anyway.

4 - Finally... In yet another Captains Log the Captain mentions some Officers names:

"Officers aboard include, Boyd Kirkpatrick, Executive Officer Roger Cobb, Master At Arms Garrity Samuels, Morale & Supply Officers report eighty three able bodied souls on board."

I took the capital letters of... OBKEORCMAAGSMSO and started playing around with them...

Backroom Game Sos - Seems a waste of space to have all the area in the back go unused *shrugs*

Cargo Makes Booms - Maybe someway to explode stuff in the cargo hold *shrugs*

and lastly...

Mama Socks Goober - Maybe someone considers the boss as Mama and they are simply fortelling the kick to the gonads it delivers :p

Ok... so the anagramming was just outta boredom and found the Mama Socks Goobers funny :p as for the rest, maybe some of you can improve on it :D

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahhh.. nice link there. Thanks. I am not up on old Ultima lore. *runs off to dig up the Crown of Lord British* :lol:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
From the "you can carry Easter Egg hunting too far" files....

Levithan.png
Glad it was not a Scalis I fished up. Ummmm what ya think Kyronix? Maybe turn white nets off here? Would be a greifers paradise to fish up about 2 or 3 of them here.... Just sayin' ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmmm interesting..

Green thorns take you to Red Solen Hive as they usually do in sand...

Mining in underwater area has very nice results

[/Spolier]

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I guess one should try tossing salvage hooks at that area as well.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know if you're currently ON the quest, and you steal from the quest mini bosses (Obsidian wyvern etc) you will steal the item you need for the quest.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I know if you're currently ON the quest, and you steal from the quest mini bosses (Obsidian wyvern etc) you will steal the item you need for the quest.
Now that is cool. Wish I had tried to steal it instead of dual clienting my thief through the quest...