• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you ChaCha?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol someone posted this in the guide forums..

Q. Write me a full page report on the book the great gatsby and send it 2 my email adress [email protected]
Homeworking cheating is a problem, but wow this guy didn't hold back! Kids we don't write full page reports, sorry..:coco:

S

SaraFunnyweather

LOL yeah some don't even try to hide that it is a homework question. Some "kids" seem to think we can answer just about anything. Sometimes I get math problems where I don't have a clue what to even call that type of problem let alone how to solve it.

I know a lot of guides feel like they are helping kids cheat but I try to think of it like perhaps we are also helping some kids that don't get a lot of help from their parents with the homework. Who knows perhaps its even a parent who is completely stuck on a question when the kid comes and ask for help, lol.

In any case hopefully some kids look at the links we send them too and end up finding some good help from all those pages we dig up for them. At least it won't be from the wiki, hehe.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mo Guaranteed Cash:

Guaranteed Cash!
Starting tonight at 5:00 PM Eastern any Guide that completes 130 Searches between 5:00 PM and 3:00 AM Eastern will automatically receive a $13 bonus! That's an extra ten-cents per search!
That's an extra dollah and you can start at 5pm..whee...

L

lloydanthony111

Hello Elga.

I just passed the first part step in being a ChaCha guide. I now have to pass the simulator test.

I've been very nervous because I really need to pass this test and begin earning some additional income.

My hours have been reduced at work and the additional income from ChaCha would help a lot.

Can anyone give me any tips regarding the simulator test. I plan on taking it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Lloyd

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Lloyd!
My best suggestion is to watch all of the videos and read all of the info in the university training section. Some of the biggies to watch out for:

-Never use a blacklisted site (Wiki, Yahoo Answers, any site where users can modify the information.

-Always use proper grammar, including punctuation.

-An ending message of "Thanks for using ChaCha" or just "ChaCha" is encouraged.

-It's ChaCha, not cHACHa or CHAcha or even Cha for that matter. They are very touchy with mispelling ChaCha.

If you read everything and remember the above, you should be good. I feel ya with needing to earn extra income. I started ChaCha when I took a 10% in pay at my job. ChaCha has supplemented that 10% and then some in some weeks. This week my goal is $100, which is very much in reach at this point. It's a fun job and rewarding if you put the time and effort into it to keep your quality rate high to earn $.20 a query each week. I worked for about 2 hours last night and pulled in $16, $8 an hour to work in the LazyBoy and in bumwear. I didn't have a boss breathing down my neck or someone telling me I needed to stay later. When I felt like quitting, I quit. Good luck and let us know how ya make out! :D

S

SaraFunnyweather

I would recommend that you take the test during daytime. At nights there is a higher risk of lag and you don't want anything to slow you down while you take that simulator test.

Good luck!!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you think about the new "Quick Answers" change.

That being that expeditors can now answer the easy questions like "Thanks, What is your favorite color..etc" questions. Do they realize 50% of the questions are of that nature. BUT They say they are doing us a favor..

I agree with what this guy said in the guide forum:

We have a saying, don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

I understand automation.
I understand having expeditors doing things cheaper than guides.

But don't insult us saying we are glad to have even MORE quick ones removed so that we are left only with the much longer searches. At least have the spine to not pretend we are idiots and don't know this impacts our money by taking away those we depend on to help balance out the 3 to 5 min ones.
Amen to that! I have a feeling this change doesn't make things better. It will affect the overall earning potential. From a business stand point it makes sense. Why pay someone $.20 to do something when we can pay an expeditor $.03 to do the same thing. :sad4:

S

SaraFunnyweather

I understand the business motives behind it but I wonder what happens if too many answers get automated. Sometimes an infoseeker will ask the same question over and over again to see how different guides reply. If they always get the same answer they might be bored and quit asking.

I've also seen infoseekers that treat ChaCha as if it's a friend. They text in a goodmorning and tell you what they are going to have for breakfast.....they seem lonely and in need of having some human contact. I don't think those infoseekers would appreciate automated answers.

We'll see what happens. But I really do hope that this change won't mean that all my questions will take 10 minutes to answer. I like the simple questions. Not only are they quick money but I also like the good feeling I get sometimes when I get a question that is just conversational. It's nice getting questions that show that an infoseeker is happy with the responses. If all questions become hard it's going to take a lot of the fun out of doing the ChaCha for me.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another ChaCha week down, $115 :) If anything these new changes have made things better, at least so it seems. Tomorrow is the Head of Charles Regatta in Cambridge and ChaCha is a sponsor and host of the afterparty. I have a feeling it's going to be a big bonus like last week, so I've left most of the day open tomorrow. So I'll burn myself out probably tomorrow and then take Sunday off, to hopefully try to take another go at cog golfing..:lol: ChaCha for now!!

:gee: Well the contest was 170 Questions from 11am-7pm for a $12 bonus. I started right away at 11am and finished just now 6 hours later. ($34+$12 bonus= $46/6= $7.67 an hour). So now I'm off to Best Buy to spend some of my hard earned monies. ChaCha roxors!

And I'm pitching to ChaCha that they feature guides in the merchandise ads..here is my pitch..

I think I'm on my way haha

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So get this...
Now Infoseekers (people who has the questions) are limited to 20 Free Answers a month. After 20 you must wait 30 days to be able to get 20 more. It's going to turn all of the teenagers way from asking about how to do naughty things with people. It looks like to me they are just paying out too much money once again and not bringing in enough. So this time instead of punishing the guides, the customer gets to take the hit. I must not understand big business, but who said turning customers away will end up good in the end? rolleyes: I'm gonna keep on riding the ChaCha wave until they stop paying me!

S

SaraFunnyweather

I don't understand it either. Some of those teens are going to blow through their limit in less than a day and by next month they will have forgotten all about how fun ChaCha was.

As a guide I'm afraid it might mean it taking even longer to answer questions since most of the pointless conversations might end. I guess it would be to much to hope for that they take away the 200 questions a week limit to counter that effect. Oh, well we'll see what happens. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they have to take away the limit again when next week they discover the number of questions have fallen to drastically.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to share this if you didn't get to see it Sara, the one guy suggested they need to update the FAQ:

"The more patient you can be and the more BS you're willing to put up with and the less valuable you consider your time, the more you can make. Guide pay currently averages $0.10 to $0.50 per hour, though many top Guides can remember earning more than that."
So true, I was literally logged in today for 9 hours (still on vacation today) and had one question about 2pm. The kid from Bangladesh that makes soccer balls made more than me! :sad4:

S

SaraFunnyweather

Bleh, I stopped doing the ChaCha when it started feeling like a waste of time. I'm hoping they'll fix it but it is not looking good.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to brag, but I got my 1099 today for ChaCha. Made $1685. Not too shabby if I may say so myself..:hahaha: