• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you ChaCha?

S

SaraFunnyweather

They seemed pretty ticked off before the forum crashed. Hey maybe if we stick around long enough the majority of the guides will quit and they will be forced to raise the pay to a dollar a question just trying to get them back.

S

SSniffleslam

Here's hoping, but honestly, this was just going to be something I did on the weekends for a few hours...I really don't see myself making the top guide mark, and .10 just doesn't seem worth it...I dunno, I gotta think about this one.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well they aren't taking kindly to the 130 page rant/complain thread on the forums and just removed it. Now the forum just went down again. IDK But whenever I have access to that money, I'm taking it before it disappears.
I agree Sally, $.10 is kinda crappy, especially if you only have time to do it for a few hours. We'll see what happens, I saw ChaCha employees on the forums, so they are watching everyone's reaction.

Edit: That thread is back, but it grows by several pages every minute, I gave up reading it. I'd hate to be a mod on that board..hehe

S

SSniffleslam

It was up to 160 pages or so when I finally quit reading...got a good laugh out of some of the posts though.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha Girl kind of thing! I think they do have a lot of stay at home moms, but I've seen a lot of college kids who do it for extra cash. :lick:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I got my ChaCha debit card in the mail today, so that makes me happy. I had to call to get them to resend my internet banking info, but I'm good to go. I just need the pin number which says will come a few days later and I can get my $108..:danceb:

S

SaraFunnyweather

Nice! This was the first day since I started ChaCha that I felt like the questions actually came in a reasonable amount of time without any lag. I've only been doing daytime so I was getting discouraged thinking I'd never be able to do 300 questions a week. But if this continues it just might be possible. We'll see about accuracy though, hehe.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I'm surprised, I just got on for about an hour and I must have gotten on the "fast" server. I got back to back questions with no wait. It was nice, I'm going to hopefully get back on later on that fast server.

Added: Annd No beans, I can't even get it to login. I was one of the chosen one's earlier I guess..!

S

SaraFunnyweather

Yeah I made it which I was relieved about. I was worried I'd have a problem making the quality goal considering me not having english as my first language. I've been afraid I'd be making all kinds of little grammar or spelling mistakes that would count against me. Now we just have to wait and see if we make it on this weeks list to and qualify for the 20 cents. Good luck all who are trying!

S

SaraFunnyweather

LOL that dog just loves the camera. Does she ever attack you like that when you're doing a bossfight?

W

Winky2008

I just signed up to be a guide. It sounds like fun and could use up my free time when my loving computer hog husband is using the good computer to play toontown. Thanks Ugly Wrinkleflip. While you are sitting there playing,,, I am making a few pennies.

W

Winky2008

Woo Hoo. I got my letter today to begin taking the tests. I have some errands to run now but when I get back I plan on sitting down and at least trying.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent, just make sure you read all the tuturials, handbook, and watch the videos. You'll be much better off before just diving into the tests.
..And Yeah Sara Lucy seems to never let me alone. During the day she sleeps, starting at 4pm till 8pm she is active, and then sleeps and repeats the cycle. During the boss run's I'm usually sitting in the chair on my notebook and she tends to sometimes think she is going to share the chair with me. She doesn't give up easy either..:twak:

S

SaraFunnyweather

Good luck Winky! As Elga already said make sure to read everything before doing the test. There are some links you definetly must know not to use and a lot of advice in that material to help you succeed with the test. And they don't let you take it twice if you fail.

W

Winky2008

Well, I didnt fail. I got 93 on first test, 96 on typing test, and 93 on the search test. Just hanging out waiting for the final accepted email. I got to go fill in the w-9 now.

S

SaraFunnyweather

Congratulations! However there is one more test left. The simulator test which is definetly the hardest (at least I thought so, hehe).

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can take the simulator test anytime then, after you've checked all of the information out. Just go to Universe.ChaCha.com and login and you will receive queries. You have to complete 15 I think and then you wait for the acceptance/denial email. Good luck! :D

W

Winky2008

OHHHH!!! I hope All turns out well. I just finished the SIM test. I answered more then 10 questions but, some were very hard to find and took me longer then the average 6 minutes. It was fun though. I guess we will see if I actually passed or not. How long does it take to get the final result email?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you took it during the week, you probably will get it tomorrow by the afternoon. It can take up to 3 weeks though, but you should get it soon. Good luck! :thumbsup:

S

SaraFunnyweather

Good luck! I don't know if the new paysystem going into action could delay the test result or not but hopefully you will hear back really soon!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
News from Esther's Blog:

Change to Top Guide Requirements

We're lowering the minimum requirement of weekly searches necessary to become a Top Guide down from 300 to 200 (reduced by a third!). After a lot of consideration we decided to lower the requirement to decrease the time commitment a Guide has to make to ChaCha. If you can complete your searches with an average time of 2 minutes that means a requirement of about 6 hours a week to meet that goal. What's more, this is retroactive so if you were able to answer more than 200 queries last week with a 95% or above Guide rating and met the session completion benchmark, look for your name on the Top Guide list this Thursday.
This makes me happy that they realized 300 queries in a week is a lot for some, including myself last week. I know I did over 200 though, so that's cool.

S

SaraFunnyweather

Congratulations Elga you're a Top Guide this week (just in case you can't check from work). I made it too, wohoo! :danceb:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just coming to post the linkie! Woot, now I can make $.20 a query this weekend, I'll be rolling in it..:p Congrats to you as well and anyone else who made it!

W

Winky2008

I got my acceptance letter yesterday, late afternoon. I had a function to attend at work and today work and taking kids to orientation for school. I have not had time to go on to begin answering questions. I can't wait though. I am OFF this weekend so I am setting my official start date as Saturday.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats! Tonight, like right now, it's really slow and I'm getting proxy errors. Although I worked from 6:30-7:30 and made almost $6.50 @ $.20 a query, that was cool. Any questions feel free to ask. They have a great forum with a ton of information to help as well. Good luck! :D

S

Sheriff Tricky

I reapplied to be a guide and got in this time around. I am now waiting to hear the results of the simiulated test. Just finished it about 10 minutes ago.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh nice, did you reapply as you? (Same SSN..etc?) That's sweet though if they let you rettake it. I've done pretty good this week. I don't think I've made the 200 queries for this week, but I know I did last week. Good luck Eric!! :thumbsup:

S

Sheriff Tricky

I used a different email address but the same login name and such.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forget though, did you already fill out the W-9 with your social security number? I wouldn't see it as a problem, just as long as you didn't give your SSN yet.. I'm assuming you didn't though..hehe

S

SaraFunnyweather

I think he would have been automatically disqualified if he had. I read that if your ssn is already in the files you can't register again.

Good luck Eric!
They recently changed the payment system so if you make it you will only make 10 cent per question for your first week. To get 20 cents you have to answer 200 questions between Sunday-Saturday and 95% of the answers have to be correct. We talked about it earlier in the thread but its easy to miss that fact now that the thread has grown a bit.

Oh and if you don't make the simulation test there is still hope of testing for a new expeditor role that is going to be released soon!

S

Sheriff Tricky

Since I am now officially a guide and making money, plus the other thread is sooo long...how do they take taxes out so that we don't get screwed over come tax time next year?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I am now officially a guide and making money, plus the other thread is sooo long...how do they take taxes out so that we don't get screwed over come tax time next year?
Yeah they don't take taxes out. You just have to claim it as income on your tax return. If you make over $600 ChaCha will send you a 1099 to send to the IRS. They have the ChaCha EIN# and address on the knowledgebase.
Just prepare for it to be income.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are you ChaCha guides making out? I made Top Guide this week, so back up to $.20 a query. I started back up last Saturday and am back up to $38 in my account. Lots of contest this weekend for the 2 year anniversary, I plan on hitting it hard. It would rock if I could end on Sunday with $75, we’ll see. It’s supposed to be rainy from Hanna tomorrow, so probably going to be an indoor bum day. How much are you guys up to?

S

Sheriff Tricky

With everything going on in my life, I have only made under $10. UGH! I am even thinking about stopping since I can't commit any time to it whatsoever.

W

Winky2008

I have not had time in the last week to log in but I do enjoy ChaCha. I have a question. Maybe you can answer. I posted in the chacha blog but got no answer. I went in and signed up to get paid through the debit card thing. I was supposed to print the signature card and fax or mail it to the bank. I didn't have the computer hooked to a printer at the time and told myself I can do this later and now I can't get back to the signature card or even the payment pages. I have tried several different ways to get there but always end up back on the "dashboard". They say that on the profile or dashboard there is a button that says pay me or something like that but on mine its not there. I find chacha a waste if I can not get this taken care of. Can you steer me in the right direction?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The payment is the most fun part of it all, it can take awhile. What you need to do is go back to your Dashboard. It should give you an option to "Establish Payment Method" or something along those lines. From there you should be able to selected Pay Me Now and should have the link to the signature card. At that point you will fax it into FIB and wait. They may request additional form of ID, so watch your mailbox and junkbox. Once processed they will send you an email with your login info. Your debit card should arrive 7-10 days later I believe. The pin number will follow a day or two after. You then should get a "Pay Me Now" button on your dashboard. That button will deposit your money onto your Debit Card account. BUT Some people have been waiting for awhile for the PMN button. If you get your card, you will want to send feedback to ChaCha about it. Good luck!

S

SaraFunnyweather

I've made top guide every week so far but it's been a struggle getting the 200 questions in each week to qualify. I've been answering questions mostly during daytime but I've discovered the questions are a lot harder and coming in more slowly during the day so I'm going to try and work more at nights this week and see if it makes a difference. My hope is I'll be able to do less hours and still get more money by switching to answering at night instead.

At night you seem to get a lot more conversational questions or adult questions while daytime brings me homework questions or brainteasers that take forever to find an answer to sometimes.

Its fun answering questions most of the time but every once in a while I get a question where I think OMG why are they asking ME this? Texting ChaCha is the last thing I would do if I needed to find out how many toothpicks it took to get to the moon or how to step by step remove an appendix.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's when I respond: "Well it depends on the size of toothpick and also the stability of the tooth picks not falling over...". You ask a hard question, I give you a hard answer! I also prefer nightime, as it's easier money and the questions are usually more frequent. The "Why is my hoohah smaller than the rest of the guys at my school" questions are great and easy money! :lick:

S

SaraFunnyweather

LOL I was not the one who got the toothpick question fortunately. I saw it on the guide forums and there is no way I'm going to figure it out for you now. But you could text ChaCha and force someone to answer it for you, hehe.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's another guaranteed cash bonus Saturday Night!

Guaranteed Cash!
Any SMS Guide that completes at least 120 searches between the hours of 6:00 PM and 3:00 AM will automatically receive $12 (barring quality issues) right into their Guide account - That's a $0.10 bonus per search!
So $.20 per query x 120=$24+$12 Bonus= $36. I like free money, so I'm ChaCha'ing until I get the 120 for sure..:love:

..AND It took 6 Hours, but I did it! OMG the server was so slow. BUT I did it!