Diso Tamer suit

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
W

Wevie

Greetings.

I've forever been a Peace Tamer, but I feel like trying out Disco Taming.

I'm usually found fighting of Lvl 6 T-map spawns or fighting in Destard. I almost always fight with my fully trained GD. Occasionally with a rune/mare combo. So, I'm usually fighting mobs.

I'm comfortable with Peace but want to try Disco.

Current skill set:

Taming 114
Lore 117
Vet 100
Med 100
Mage 80
Music 115
Peace 120

(real. Jewels available for whatever my heart desires)

I have stoned 115 Disco but never used it past training. I can get more or less magery or many other skills off stones.

My questions are:

What skill set to run Disco? Drop med? Drop peace? Anything I'm missing?

Suiting up:

LRC would be real nice, but I can run without it.
Should probably run with Swords of Prosperity.

What other suit mods are nice to have? MR? LMC? Luck? How important will resists be?

Thanks for your input.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 13, 2005
Ambulance, Hospital, or at the scene of an acciden
This is the Disco Suit I built with the goal of being able use Discord Masteries. However, I can not use songs more than 4 or 5 times in a row.

MR 12, Resist 60`s, LMC 40, LRC 100, +68 Mana Increase, FC 2/FCR 6, +16 Int, +10 Tame, & 1078 Luck. & I use the Swords of Prosperty

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Harrisonburg, VA
www.uocraft.com
Regarding skills - if you use magery offensively, then I'd drop peace and replace with discord. (I'm guessing you're not using magery for offense since you don't have eval for the damage bonus?). If you're not using magery offensively, then I'd drop med and replace with discord. I have to imagine it would be pretty sweet to run both discord and peace.

I currently have to swap between the two in my template, and there are times when peace would come in really handy. Maybe that's just because I've been a peace tamer forever and am newer to running the discord tamer template.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

i am the same temp as you, but only peace.. no disco i decided to dropp medi, so i have 120 in taming lore vet music peace, 100 in magic.

20 points left real, maybe i choose medi or hidding.. not sure about.

my suit is medable leathersuit 70 all 75 energy, lrc 100, lmc 40, mr 6 hp increase 30.

the hp +5 on every armorpiece is your own suggestion, maybe you want MI 5.

as peacer i have the regensong, which i can keep up, without spending mana, because i regen the mana faster, as the upkeepcosts consume em.

i am able to cast spells and keep the song up..

as jewels i have the blue etiole set, which gives me 400 luck and MR 2, wearing also corguls book wich gives me MR too, so i have 11 base MR when the song is up, i have 19.

such a suit is nt that expensive if you already own the jewel set.

i like peace, because i can peace the monsters during the figth, can use areapeace if i get in trouble, or peace a 2bd, 3rd monster if i dont want em to join the figth.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Template wise I'd say drop med unless you are really churning out spells (my bard tends to just use it for the odd invis/heal and has 0 med :p) Then I'd bump up your magery to GM and music to 120. Then you might want to put the rest into taming skills depending what caps you're aiming for. I'd then swap out peace for disco because in honesty I can't think of a situation where I'd use both of those skills together. But you might want to use peace again for something so I'd stone it off.

Gear wise, I just use basic high resist suits on my chars, with a bit of tweaking depending what I'm hunting. If I want to cast a lot I'll use the resist suit bits with LRC/LMC/MR, other times I'll go for luck instead.

If you have a tailor, I find a handy option if you're short of LRC is arcane clothing. I go on the odd controller massacre, stash up gems and just keep a few suits on hand.

Wenchy

W

Wevie

Skill GOALS are:

120 taming - but I long ago gave up training it. Just the GGS.
120 Lore - just let it rise with vetting attempts
120 Music - just let it rise with use
120 peace - already there
120 Discord - stopped at 115 because... well, I can't remember
100 vet - already there

80 magery because I only ever use magery for recall, occasional heal or rarely invis.

(not all skills at once, of course)

Sounds like for a suit I'll want to focus on Mana. MI, MR, LMC... how viable are the bard masteries for discord?

Maleachi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 4, 2008
Europa
Skill GOALS are:

120 taming - but I long ago gave up training it. Just the GGS.
120 Lore - just let it rise with vetting attempts
120 Music - just let it rise with use
120 peace - already there
120 Discord - stopped at 115 because... well, I can't remember
100 vet - already there

80 magery because I only ever use magery for recall, occasional heal or rarely invis.

(not all skills at once, of course)

Sounds like for a suit I'll want to focus on Mana. MI, MR, LMC... how viable are the bard masteries for discord?
I would say 110 taming and 110 lore. Cause unless you are going to tame a lot of creatures, 110 on both is enough to control all beasts except Fire Steeds 99% of the time if I am right.
This could give you 20 points on magery, which you might need in those dire times.

W

Wevie

I would say 110 taming and 110 lore. Cause unless you are going to tame a lot of creatures, 110 on both is enough to control all beasts except Fire Steeds 99% of the time if I am right.
This could give you 20 points on magery, which you might need in those dire times.
Very good point. Never thought of that.

Hmm..... Do I REALLY want to turn down taming? Hmm... Boy, that's a BIG decision to make!!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Very good point. Never thought of that.

Hmm..... Do I REALLY want to turn down taming? Hmm... Boy, that's a BIG decision to make!!
I'm not sure if this helps you decide, but dread warhorses and bane draggies do need more than 110 to have 99% control. Either 112/112 tame and lore or 115 tame and 110 lore would do the trick for either.

115 does also speed up taming high end critters, so if you wanted to do a bit of pet trading or improve your stable then 115 would be useful.

I wouldn't turn taming down from 115 tbh, unless you felt your template still wasn't effective enough and you absolutely had to drop it. Work out the skill points you'll use with the template you want to run with and see what you have left. Then you can also look at boosting less important support skills with an item or two if you only need an extra 5.0 skill :)

Wenchy