(Question) Discussion on insurance trolls on

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Not moot points at all queen, prodo style insurance would be the final nail in siege crafting. The more I think about adding the siege bless to 3 items but thos 3 items becoming cursed in the sence that they will go poof in 3 days and can't be repaired, the more I like it. Or just slap the faction timer on the blessed items but them be non faction. Higher end items get brought out used and lost and items to run with for anoher 30 days bought to replace the broken stuff. I am guessing people would bless their jewels and weapons but the point is it would get things out, used and broken and replaced. As it is now most run a crap LRC suit or Dex suit that is not even worth the time to unravel. Heck why not make it 6 blessed/cursed items so the whole suit has to be replaced everytime the poof timer expires. Lets face it a PK is not exacty striking it rich when thy pk me and a set of 100 lrc, 1 mr 70s suit. And a lot of people run suits pretty close to that if blessed cursed I suspect more peop would wear the Max MR, LMC, LRC 70s suits and when they go poof buy another suit or buy the ingreds to craft their own. As it is I only see a handfull of people wearing what I would call a good suit and even less than a hanful wearing the elite gear. As it is I keep 30-40 sets of that crap armor around bless my favorite weapon and am out nothing but a few relic frags and gems when I die and lose a suit. My basic LRC Suits are cheap enough at 35k, my junk lrc traing suits at 12500 and my upper end suits in the 450k-750k range depending on mods and ingreds. Really who worried about losing a 12k-35k Suit! Lets get more of the higher end stuff out there and breaking :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 24, 2003
On a side note I do use the cursed arties forone thing. My scribe all those 10 int 8MI 4-9 MR pieces are nice when making scrolls.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Thank you for the invaluable input TRU.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
Oh for pete's sake you guys, get over it. Insurance costs a few bucks - period. Hiding/Stealth requires a large commitment of skill points.... Comparing the two is like comparing apples to rocks. I fully expect you to be telling us that banking in a guard zone should be outlawed too. Not fair, you get guards! Geeesh
What playstyle exactly do you have to give up to be a stealther?

Mage?
Tamer?
Ninja bok?
Can you be an archer?

It's not exactly like resist matters. Players can make up for it just fine.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
Why is everyone seemingly glossing over the second option. It's not hard/impossible for them to adjust the loot tables on Siege. Do you guys not think everything would be better for everyone if people could hunt doom, peerless, medu, etc.

If you don't want insurance, what exactly do you want? The status quo? Look around and really pay attention to what that looks like.

Adios

Reactions: startle

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 29, 2004
North of Seattle, South of Hythloth, born Pacific
Why is everyone seemingly glossing over the second option. It's not hard/impossible for them to adjust the loot tables on Siege. Do you guys not think everything would be better for everyone if people could hunt doom, peerless, medu, etc.
If you don't want insurance, what exactly do you want? The status quo? Look around and really pay attention to what that looks like.

Adios

Excellent point. Give us better drops in most all places... That would help the great majority of players quite a bit, let players enjoy places they've not gone in years and let the new get more desirable items a bit easier...

Reactions: Tyrath

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
Yep, we do not need item insurance or more blessed items at all. Siege is about interact. As long the crafters can get the resources they need and there are more places to go for good loot, all will be fine, PK's can't be everywhere :)
Ilshenar was great, when we got the paragons and their chests, now the loot in the chests sucks and the rest of the loot on the monsters sucks too.
Ter Mur and Abyss are still fine but would be nice with a better magic stuff, so players would use it or unraw it. Would be nice with a few relic from the unraw and a few more gems, essences/imbuing resurce drop.
First levels of coventeus sucks now, not even newbies go there. Shame loot would be great.
The magic loot in the dungens should be like shame loot and overlands spawn should have lesser Shame loot, that at least would drop a few relic if using some luck.
Where did the old brigand and gypsy spawn go, can we have them back at old Britainnia and wisps, liches and other harder overland spawn sure need lesser Shame artifacts and greather magic items.

The problem is, we have very few useful hunting spots and it's far to easy for the PK's to control them. I would love to see players hunt everywhere on Siege, not just a few places.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 29, 2004
North of Seattle, South of Hythloth, born Pacific
Yep, we do not need item insurance or more blessed items at all. Siege is about interact. As long the crafters can get the resources they need and there are more places to go for good loot, all will be fine, PK's can't be everywhere :)
Ilshenar was great, when we got the paragons and their chests, now the loot in the chests sucks and the rest of the loot on the monsters sucks too.
Ter Mur and Abyss are still fine but would be nice with a better magic stuff, so players would use it or unraw it. Would be nice with a few relic from the unraw and a few more gems, essences/imbuing resurce drop.
First levels of coventeus sucks now, not even newbies go there. Shame loot would be great.
The magic loot in the dungens should be like shame loot and overlands spawn should have lesser Shame loot, that at least would drop a few relic if using some luck.
Where did the old brigand and gypsy spawn go, can we have them back at old Britainnia and wisps, liches and other harder overland spawn sure need lesser Shame artifacts and greather magic items.

The problem is, we have very few useful hunting spots and it's far to easy for the PK's to control them. I would love to see players hunt everywhere on Siege, not just a few places.

Amen sister - I can't find anything to disagree with there. It would be a great boost to the game (and most especially Siege) if they would simply add some of the shame class loot and resources to lower level mobs.... That wouldn't hurt anyone, but it would certainly help a great many... Especially the ones we really need the most - the new. ;)

Last edited:

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Wow, I stop back by after being gone for a while and what do I find?

The same discussions with the same people!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2004
No they don't work.
Agreed. Hiding at GM is nearly no fail. Using a smoke bomb at GM hide and 60 ninja is no fail. IMO someone using 200 skill for track and detect should never fail at tracking and detecting.