• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussion about new ideas for economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<blockquote><hr>

Since when have we started complaining about graphics? Think the main problem with the sims online was lack of content and custom content missing.

Why is it I feel like there are some out there that would probably be happier playing Second Life because it sure seems as though they are trying to turn TSO into SL.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't complaining about the graphics, really. And I'm no developer. But there is a big difference between, say, TSO's 16 bit graphics and CoH. How many times did someone get a better computer, then try a new game and not look back after?

I

imported_Mavric

<blockquote><hr>

I liked it much better when tso-e.com was only about the new city and Stratics was about the current game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I feel the same way.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

I liked it much better when tso-e.com was only about the new city and Stratics was about the current game.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, that suggests that the two games will meld at some point, which I think would be phenomenal!

*warning...the preceding comment was rampant speculation*

G

I dont have a problem with them posting some issues in both places, just to make sure more see it. Especially the missing gifts issue. I saw some comments that why wasnt it posted there or why not here and in fact it was in both so clearly not everyone is looking in both places.

I am easily lost when it comes to the technical side of puters but I think they should do whats best for the game even it means that some of us have to upgrade our systems. I agree with what Trish said about some players getting better systems and never coming back. Maybe we could lure them back with better graphics and more in game goals.

As far as turning TSO into SL, I'm not nor will I ever be a fan of SL. SL to me has no visible goals or economy to speak of, I was bored silly in a matter of hours. All the talk on Luc's blog about jobs and economy tells me that they have no intention of letting it become like SL.

AJ...how the hell do you find time to play your game with all that other stuff going on??

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If this TSO-E thing is going to become TSO's successor, then it just seems to make sense that it be discussed here as well - particularly if the two are going to be sharing the same framework for a while.

Just my own §2 worth...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If this TSO-E thing is going to become TSO's successor, then it just seems to make sense that it be discussed here as well - particularly if the two are going to be sharing the same framework for a while.

Just my own §2 worth...

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be wrong but I suspect Milton meant that TSO-E was more interesting when it wasn't talking about failure to delivery anniversary gifts and whether the bugs boards work or not.

We all expect to see those kind of posts here, it was refreshing logging into TSO-E and see positive and shiney new ideas for the game.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

I might be wrong but I suspect Milton meant that TSO-E was more interesting when it wasn't talking about failure to delivery anniversary gifts and whether the bugs boards work or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh.

Well, that I can agree with!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops me too!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops me too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm glad that TSO-E encourages discussion both good and bad.

As a 'doubting Thomas', I'm happy that Luc is addressing the situation.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, I'm glad that TSO-E encourages discussion both good and bad.

As a 'doubting Thomas', I'm happy that Luc is addressing the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the new openess we're seeing from EA, I think its wonderful that we're getting so much information now, we've had more info in the past few months then we had in the past few years (with no disrespect meant to Parizad, I don't doubt that she has always given us as much info as she has been able)

I also think its wonderful that finally the bug boards are going to be fixed with hopefully a better way of reporting bugs. Its been frustrating having to direct people to post on the bugs boards when we're all well aware that they only work intermittantly.

I was worried that TSO-E was going to turn into a rant-fest of "I didn't get my gift yet, etc, etc" which would take the edge off some off the really great discussions that we're seeing there. After such a long time with not much to say about the game and so much negativity around, Luc's blog has been a complete breath of fresh air and something to look forward to on a daily basis.

Hopefully if they're sorting all those things out, then that isn't going to be happening

Polly

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I was worried that TSO-E was going to turn into a rant-fest of "I didn't get my gift yet, etc, etc" which would take the edge off some off the really great discussions that we're seeing there. After such a long time with not much to say about the game and so much negativity around, Luc's blog has been a complete breath of fresh air and something to look forward to on a daily basis.

Hopefully if they're sorting all those things out, then that isn't going to be happening
<blockquote><hr>

Well, the 'love fest' going on here concerning TSO-E and the intolerance of being able to speak any 'critism' about EA and TSO here at simstratics is intolerant. Most of us that are not happy with the situation are made to feel like we are not being 'logical'.

Two years, we've been waiting for 2 years for an update. I am tired of waiting around forever. I love TSO and yes...I've been here since the beginning.But really? There's nothing much left.

And TSO-E is all good and fine, but if they stray too far from the original TSO game, they may lose a lot of people. I think that a lot of the ideas for 'game content' from jobs to economy, custom content, etc are great.

I'm a bit confused because we went from talking about 'updating' TSO to now trying to get them to make it TSO2.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I'm a bit confused because we went from talking about 'updating' TSO to now trying to get them to make it TSO2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the confusion started when Luc inroduced, Uri, who specializes in 3D graphics. They are using some tools to create things that apparently are in 3D and are converting them back to TSO format for game. I guess some people saw the 3d graphic image and thought the game was moving towards the TS2 graphics.

G

*hitting reply*

True, we may lose a number of people who, for whatever reason, just like things the way they are; but I think we'd gain many, many times that amount from people who would welcome the change. Honestly, I don't think Luc and Co. should focus on trying to retain the few hundred people who are left; if they've got an idea that can potentially draw the few hundred thousand Maxis had originally hoped for, and it means sacrificing the few hundred that don't want the change, then so be it. It's a sound business decision.

Maybe I seeded some confusion when I brought up a potential TSO2. While I think re-engineering the game so that it's got TS2's graphics engine would be absolutely great, I realize that doing so right now would cause significant delays in getting TSO-E out for testing. Perhaps if the TSO-E concept really takes off, they can hire more graphics designers to accelerate a true-3D rollout of the game. In actuality, what I had meant by "TSO2" is, just that - The Sims Online, 2nd Generation.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Yes. I believe the next generation would be fine if they actually succeed in repairing all the problems with the "game play" itself. Graphics have little to do with the failures of the game economy. I believe most people left the game due to no updated content. Custom content would supply user created updates to content all the time. Others left the game due to problems with economy caused by bots and exploits.

Did any players actually leave TSO just because it was not 3D graphics?

C

Cishje

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so..
However, I do think 3D would make the game more attractive to new players. When you come to TSO after playing sims2 for a while, it's like stepping into a timewarp. In my opinion TSO could be more succesfull if the graphs entered 2007. Providing all the other probs get fixed of course.

Pheebs

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so..
However, I do think 3D would make the game more attractive to new players. When you come to TSO after playing sims2 for a while, it's like stepping into a timewarp. In my opinion TSO could be more succesfull if the graphs entered 2007. Providing all the other probs get fixed of course.

Pheebs

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be right....to some extent. TSO also attracts more players because of the graphics we have now. It goes back to the power of your computer as stated earlier, alot of people play now..simply because it's one of the only games they can play.

G

alot of people play now..simply because it's one of the only games they can play.

That was my excuse when I had my old computer and dial-up. Now, with a new computer and cable connection, I have to admit I play it because I love the game..

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, yes. Me, sorta kinda.

I was playing two games at the same time till the new game wouldn't load in 16 bit anymore.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, yes. Me, sorta kinda.

I was playing two games at the same time till the new game wouldn't load in 16 bit anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would leave TSO if it looked like Sims2.

I never really got into Sims2 because the 3D graphics were too different. I think it's a bit too much "Second Life" maybe.

But if the 'look' of the game changed too drastically, I would quit.

Let's get real!!! The reason why people have left is because there is lack of new content. The reason why new people leave is because there's not many players left in the game and those that are there are busy running multiples just to keep cities alive.

I figure if it weren't for a handful of dedicated, loyal players in some of the smaller cities, they would be extinct. AV's vast majority of population is staffed by a very few players too but not a lot of people that realize that I think.

There are probably quite a few that have paid accounts but never log in any longer.

And for the poster that wants a Sims2. Then EA should make it and call it TSO2 and let us decide if we wish to play it or not. But don't take TSO and turn it into TSO2 without telling us and giving us an oppurtunity to get the heck out and stop wasting our money.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

although Zavadaville is already taken. That is Dan's Grove's Map.

B

BrendanK

Hi, I heard about TSO-E and come to check it out, since I haven't played in 3 or so years due to them just not updating it and everybody leaving.

Will it focus more on JUST economy? I could care less about the economy, that's not going to bring me or other 'former' players back. We just want updates, and some love! We've been oppressed and ignored for 2 or so years!

If anybody could give me more info, that would be appreciated, thanks!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hi, I heard about TSO-E and come to check it out, since I haven't played in 3 or so years due to them just not updating it and everybody leaving.

Will it focus more on JUST economy? I could care less about the economy, that's not going to bring me or other 'former' players back. We just want updates, and some love! We've been oppressed and ignored for 2 or so years!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you that "everyone" did not leave. Some of us managed to stay and enjoy the game quite a bit.

B

BrendanK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you that "everyone" did not leave. Some of us managed to stay and enjoy the game quite a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some, and that some is a very few I hear.

We all know that TSO is 'still' dying and they need to bring it back. We need more then just Economy changes, we need alot more.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

read up at www.tso-e.com read all the blogs.

Basically EA has decided to continue its work on The Sims Online and revive the interest of the online community. TSO-E is an experimental city which will be coming out sometime within the next 2 years (assumption) to test out the fixes for those flaws that TSO has such as the economy and no Custom Content. Its basically a beta test for a new sims online just not.

We will have to download a new client to play TSO-E, but it has been hinted that if TSO-E goes well, it may be implemented into current cities.

B

BrendanK

I think we should abandon all hope for all the old cities and just have 2 new cities instead. Otherwise we have even more dead cities.

Flaws that TSO has on the Economy? Still, nobody is going to play if they don't release anything ground shattering.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Still, nobody is going to play if they don't release anything ground shattering.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like custom content?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

TSO-E is an experimental city which will be coming out sometime within the next 2 years (assumption) to test out the fixes for those flaws that TSO has such as the economy and no Custom Content. Its basically a beta test for a new sims online just not.

We will have to download a new client to play TSO-E, but it has been hinted that if TSO-E goes well, it may be implemented into current cities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time wise? I'm thinking probably another 6 months to a year?

We probably won't see it before the end of Summer. First they'll have to test it for a few weeks to make sure it works. I don't think they've even lined up testers yet.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote>Perhaps some have not read all of the ideas that are being tossed around to repair the economic system of the game.

With custom content there will be new user created content constantly being added to the game.

Upgradeable features for altering and changing content currently in the game will bring new life to all objects currently in the game.

User created wallpapers and floors will keep a constant flow of decor and diversity never before seen in TSO.

Dynamic pricing will create a whole new aspect of the game for those wanting to invest in the market, speculate and take risks on commodities. Profit margins for running a store will no longer be set in stone but constantly changing.

Paulmark Cards will open a creative outlet for artists and entrepeneurs.

More oversight and enforcement of rule violators using bots will help stabilize the economy.</blockquote>

The experimental city being proposed is just that! An experiment. A test city. Nothing will be set in stone when the city is opened. There will be bugs to work out and the whole process will take time and community involvement. If this test works along the same lines as the original beta test, everyone that participates will have the risk of having all accomplishments being wiped out to begin again and again until problems are worked out.

If you want to be a part of shaping the future of the game, then come back and be a part of the process. If you want to meet new people and form new friendships then come back. If you don't want to be a tester or really have no constructive opinions about the shape of the future, then sit on the sidelines and wait. Maybe the rest of us will help create something you are interested in trying later.

B

BrendanK

I just kind of think it's late for this. The ambulance has arrived, but 2 years late.

G

I kind of think its a little too early to be saying its too late ..... things have only just started to get interesting ...

Polly

G

I agree w/ Polly. At this point saying "Its too late" is moot. I can't count the amount of people who are considering coming back due to this. And the ones that have been hanging on seem to be excited as well.

People will like it or they won't. I doubt any of them seriously expect the changes to actually change their lives.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

If you want to be a part of shaping the future of the game, then come back and be a part of the process. If you want to meet new people and form new friendships then come back. If you don't want to be a tester or really have no constructive opinions about the shape of the future, then sit on the sidelines and wait. Maybe the rest of us will help create something you are interested in trying later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep! Could be a home run coming or could be another Betaville.

As for being a tester? After all the glitches and problems of the last few months, I already feel like I'm playing a test version of a game.

G

People say that being rich and that the economy isn't the issue, but it is. I'm not saying that we don't need new content, but that's pointless if the economy can't allow people to actually afford some of the new content.

If you add something where people can sell their objects while they're offline, and maybe add a penalty fee to the seller so that it's not as efficient as it would be to keep the store open, then the economy would speed up. People wouldn't have to work for hours on money. And maybe while you're doing that you can add a way for people to sell their lots while they're offline. It's a pain to find the perfect lot and it be for sale, but the person never log on to sell it.

Just a few ideas. Yeah, new content is the big issue, but speeding up the economy like this would be new content too. It would add a new feel to the game.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I agree w/ Polly. At this point saying "Its too late" is moot. I can't count the amount of people who are considering coming back due to this. And the ones that have been hanging on seem to be excited as well.

People will like it or they won't. I doubt any of them seriously expect the changes to actually change their lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

I welcome the 'old players' back that quit previously.

But I more deeply morn the long time dedicated players who have been here year after year, hanging in there through good and bad and have finally just given up because they don't feel like EA or anyone else really cares.

Kinda like "so long" "Don't let the door hit you on the but on your way out"

(Speed up skilling and add locks more frequently!!! That would be nice!!!)

S

Sidhe

So as to not clog up Luc's blog with chitter chatter, I'll ask here. Why is everyone so concerned about account age, losing skill locks ect. I just don't get it... Everyone would be starting from square one. It sounds like some of you want a sort of advantage over other players right from the get go. Where's the fun in that? Try thinking of it as a whole new game, not sim move.

G

I would love to start even with everyone if they give us a slot like they gave for BV. I refuse to delete an established sim for a city that may fail as BV did.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

So as to not clog up Luc's blog with chitter chatter, I'll ask here. Why is everyone so concerned about account age, losing skill locks ect. I just don't get it... Everyone would be starting from square one. It sounds like some of you want a sort of advantage over other players right from the get go. Where's the fun in that? Try thinking of it as a whole new game, not sim move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, to me it sounds like there is some jealousy of people having old sims and locks.

Why is it so hard to imagine after spending a lot of money playing this game for so long, we'd like to be able to keep some of that investment?

I will admit that there are some people that like to wave their little flags in everyone's faces. I rarely if ever wave my flag because to me, it's not really about the little flag, it's about the long term commitment to a game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fine with "testing" this new city as long as I don't have to retire a sim to do it. I am already stuck in one test city, I will not delete a sim with skills and locks to get stuck in yet another one. I am sick of skilling, I like my locks, I like having interactions... I don't want to play without them. I've been there for the starting over a few times, back in beta days, and the two other cities that flopped. I am hoping that eventually the new version will come to the cities we now play.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fine with "testing" this new city as long as I don't have to retire a sim to do it. I am already stuck in one test city, I will not delete a sim with skills and locks to get stuck in yet another one. I am sick of skilling, I like my locks, I like having interactions... I don't want to play without them. I've been there for the starting over a few times, back in beta days, and the two other cities that flopped. I am hoping that eventually the new version will come to the cities we now play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is my question? Why are they creating another test city? You'd think they'd use the test city they already have?

All these folks have been sitting around in test all this time waiting...for what? um....to actually test something?

G

exactly, won't let us move out, but don't bother letting us test anything either, makes alot of sense doesn't it

B

BrendanK

Hi CntryGrl, how's it going... I was Brendan Lussier long time ago back in the day.

It would be nice, a Sims Online without skilling and a more meaningful way to earn money/skills.

G

I would agree on using TC, but if they want to make a temporary city for testing, so they dont need to risk TC, I dont blame them.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I would agree on using TC, but if they want to make a temporary city for testing, so they dont need to risk TC, I dont blame them.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA That sounds funny!

They don't want to risk the Test City by making it a real test city?

Muahahaha - Joke of the day.

G

Many people play in TC... and they dont want to risk a new exploit turning up perhaps?

Whats the big deal? We are getting new stuff!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

It probably has something to do with the code. Maybe they'll bring to test first anything they may think applying to the other cities.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Here is my question? Why are they creating another test city? You'd think they'd use the test city they already have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget, in addition to testing the rewritten code, they will also be testing economic changes. It would be difficult to test those in an old city that was exposed to the recent exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.