• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussing Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansyears

Adventurer
That's because they're not comparable....nice try though. To also add I said there was some skill getting off the said combo earlier not only in casting exp Fs...

Do me a favor look up casting time, think through RNG and interruptions etc then come back and try to imply these are equivalent.

And stop with the straw man argument, no one said anything about dieing to two concusions and evil omen. I gave the damage output.

Maybe PVP isn't your thing. There's a nice thread about the BOD festival you may be interested in.
Just because a spell takes longer to cast does not mean it takes more skill to cast, it is kinda funny how you don't understand this. Oh right adding in the AI to your explo fs... woo wee that is some skill

Right you gave the damage output and people are telling you how to counter it and what was your response again?

"When i use my trap box i have to double click their bar again so annoying!"
LoL and you say PVP isn't my thing? what a joke

ansyears

Adventurer
I've managed to get FLAMESTRIKE off in mage 1v1's. Do you honestly think I'd have trouble casting both corpse & curse when playing a dexer?
You will have a lot of trouble trying to cast corpse and curse against me, accept the fight if you disagree.

No, it isn't. Because you can't control when the omen/conc dexer actually hits you, nor can they. But you CAN stop Explosion/Flamestrike (even in a group fight, although it's admittedly harder to do) with a simple weaken; if you fail to interrupt an Exp/FS combo 1v1, it's because you suck.
You do have some control over when the omen conc hits you just like you have some control over when explosion flame strike hits you. If you die to omen concussion 1v1, it's because you suck.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just because a spell takes longer to cast does not mean it takes more skill to cast, it is kinda funny how you don't understand this. Oh right adding in the AI to your explo fs... woo wee that is some skill

Right you gave the damage output and people are telling you how to counter it and what was your response again?

"When i use my trap box i have to double click their bar again so annoying!"
LoL and you say PVP isn't my thing? what a joke
I believe the combo I referred to was curse, recurse, exp, Fs and AI. This didn't include the nova.

I'm not sure how you can compare evil omen and a concussion macro to this...but okay.

They were not telling me how to counter evil omen, aside that I already knew...

However, If you want to keep thinking a .5 second spell is just as easy to cast one at 1.5 that's fine. Just don't expect me to board that sinking ship.

ansyears

Adventurer
I believe the combo I referred to was curse, recurse, exp, Fs and AI. This didn't include the nova.

I'm not sure how you can compare evil omen and a concussion macro to this...but okay.

They were not telling me how to counter evil omen, aside that I already knew...

However, If you want to keep thinking a .5 second spell is just as easy to cast one at 1.5 that's fine. Just don't expect me to board that sinking ship.
that combo is very impressive.

Look at this one- corpse, re corpse, evil omen , re evil omen, re evil omen, re evil omen, concussion, re evil omen concussion.

If i cast weaken or flame strike, they are both just as easy to cast, it depends on how good the opponent you are fighting is to let you get either of those spells off. do you understand or no?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
that combo is very impressive.

Look at this one- corpse, re corpse, evil omen , re evil omen, re evil omen, re evil omen, concussion, re evil omen concussion.

If i cast weaken or flame strike, they are both just as easy to cast, it depends on how good the opponent you are fighting is to let you get either of those spells off. do you understand or no?
Did you really just make up a combo to serve as your point?

If you cast weaken or flamestrike, casting delay determines how likely they will interrupt you, let alone any following spells.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stopping the speeders, scripts, and illegal 3rd party programs that require ZERO skill to win
would balance this game FAR more then any suggestions I've read so far. - FACT.

* I think this thread was @Bleak 's attempt to break the all-time record for thread views *
I'm with you 100% on this. Call it fair, Ump!!! Put your glasses on cuz you're missing a helluva game!!!

ansyears

Adventurer
Did you really just make up a combo to serve as your point?

If you cast weaken or flamestrike, casting delay determines how likely they will interrupt you, let alone any following spells.
I brought up a random combo that serves no purpose like you did.

There is no skill in pressing your weaken macro or flame strike macro.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The skill isn't in pressing weaken or flamestrike macros. The skill is in using/timing them properly. Why do you think I said this earlier:

I've managed to get FLAMESTRIKE off in mage 1v1's. Do you honestly think I'd have trouble casting both corpse & curse when playing a dexer?
The guy was obviously not very good, which is why I was able to do that in the first place. And it's also why I would have absolutely no problems doing it to you with curse & corpse.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

That is the the combo used to have a high damage burst that was being equated to the two key damage burst in the gif.

But hey, when you start pvping you'll see the difference between the two.

Carry on with the made up reaponses though.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote oreogl, drcossack, and covenant all put action behind this and post the outcome. I will be happy with either being the winner and shutting the other one up. Might as well make this thread worthwhile somehow at this point.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I vote oreogl, drcossack, and covenant all put action behind this and post the outcome. I will be happy with either being the winner and shutting the other one up. Might as well make this thread worthwhile somehow at this point.
I have no issues facilitating this in a direction, but I do not have confidence in only three of us balancing pvp. And even the it'd have to be agreed upon by a majority.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no issues facilitating this in a direction, but I do not have confidence in only three of us balancing pvp. And even the it'd have to be agreed upon by a majority.
I am not suggesting it to balance pvp. I don't think the winner would even be right- he could just be a better pvper than the others. But going back and forth is going anywhere either, might as well watch a fight or two.

ansyears

Adventurer
The skill isn't in pressing weaken or flamestrike macros. The skill is in using/timing them properly. Why do you think I said this earlier:

The guy was obviously not very good, which is why I was able to do that in the first place. And it's also why I would have absolutely no problems doing it to you with curse & corpse.
I don't see anywhere in this post where you accept the fight to prove your point. This isn't very hard, do you accept yes or no? Post your icq if you say yes, stop posting if you say no.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am not suggesting it to balance pvp. I don't think the winner would even be right- he could just be a better pvper than the others. But going back and forth is going anywhere either, might as well watch a fight or two.
Don't give up yet, the banter back and forth is a given with these types of threads. Often why they become expansive with small nuggets of useful feedback in them.

But please, by all means, help facilitate a discussion rather than letting it tank into banter.

You have my support.

ansyears

Adventurer
That is the the combo used to have a high damage burst that was being equated to the two key damage burst in the gif.

But hey, when you start pvping you'll see the difference between the two.

Carry on with the made up reaponses though.
In the gif he was hit by two people...

Perhaps you would like to play this OP necro against me to prove your point? no ok carry on a subject you have no clue about.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't give up yet, the banter back and forth is a given with these types of threads. Often why they become expansive with small nuggets of useful feedback in them.

But please, by all means, help facilitate a discussion rather than letting it tank into banter.

You have my support.
I think the people who had an opinion have already spoken to it in this thread. Might as well be locked at this point and a new thread made by devs when they decide what to do with the information, IMO.

If I were a dev I would sift through the BS and come up with the biggest pvp balance issues. Make specific threads about each issue and then see pros and cons for each and suggested solutions then go from there. This is far to broad of a thread and people have come up with some off the wall ideas.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think the people who had an opinion have already spoken to it in this thread. Might as well be locked at this point and a new thread made by devs when they decide what to do with the information, IMO.

If I were a dev I would sift through the BS and come up with the biggest pvp balance issues. Make specific threads about each issue and then see pros and cons for each and suggested solutions then go from there. This is far to broad of a thread and people have come up with some off the wall ideas.
I agree with you here. I'm not sure how else to handle it.

I don't know if you hall would be appropriate though for the ensuing threads.

Maybe a different forum?

If I get time tonight perhaps I'll gather the general ideas from this thread and we will hash them out from there.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In the gif he was hit by two people...

Perhaps you would like to play this OP necro against me to prove your point? no ok carry on a subject you have no clue about.
At what point did you fail to comprehend me specifically pointing out the damage output and that the guy mashed two macros?

Please, just stop. You're trying too hard.

ansyears

Adventurer
At what point did you fail to comprehend me specifically pointing out the damage output and that the guy mashed two macros?

Please, just stop. You're trying too hard.
You keep failing to comprehend that it does not take more skill to press your explo fs macro over a evil omen concussion macro.

I'm giving you the chance to prove your point and you don't want to , hmm I wonder why.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You keep failing to comprehend that it does not take more skill to press your explo fs macro over a evil omen concussion macro.

I'm giving you the chance to prove your point and you don't want to , hmm I wonder why.
You were talking about two people doing damage and we are well past the 2 macro skill since you're misquoting me and made up a combo for your argument.

I've already made my point based on the information given.

You've been going in a loop making baseless straw man arguments and then jumping around when I point out how ridiculous your posts are.

You want to use my quote again about trap boxes in cc unflagging you to the target, be my guest.

By the way, they updated the Bod system on test center.

Perhaps you can be of some use there.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope to god that ansyears is trolling, because it's not possible to be this dumb...right? He wants my ICQ to set up a fight, but a simple 30 second search of my posted threads would have given it to him. If he's NOT trolling, I would guess he's discovered a template he can actually pvp with (curse/corpse stacking omen/conc dexer) and doesn't want stacking removed, because he won't be able to kill anyone without the extra resist debuff. At the very least, his statements indicate that he has no clue about what pvp'ing on a mage actually entails.

Sadly, that's not going to happen. The ONLY thing everyone in this thread has agreed on is balancing for 1v1. At this point, I think the devs might have enough info to go on, but the question is, will they be good or bad changes?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I hope to god that ansyears is trolling, because it's not possible to be this dumb...right? He wants my ICQ to set up a fight, but a simple 30 second search of my posted threads would have given it to him. If he's NOT trolling, I would guess he's discovered a template he can actually pvp with (curse/corpse stacking omen/conc dexer) and doesn't want stacking removed, because he won't be able to kill anyone without the extra resist debuff. At the very least, his statements indicate that he has no clue about what pvp'ing on a mage actually entails.

Sadly, that's not going to happen. The ONLY thing everyone in this thread has agreed on is balancing for 1v1. At this point, I think the devs might have enough info to go on, but the question is, will they be good or bad changes?
Yeah it'd have to be some sort of majority.

Sounds like we have some time to vet the changes.

ansyears

Adventurer
You were talking about two people doing damage and we are well past the 2 macro skill since you're misquoting me and made up a combo for your argument.

I've already made my point based on the information given.

You've been going in a loop making baseless straw man arguments and then jumping around when I point out how ridiculous your posts are.

You want to use my quote again about trap boxes in cc unflagging you to the target, be my guest.

By the way, they updated the Bod system on test center.

Perhaps you can be of some use there.
I'm not misquoting anything, you actually believe it's harder for you to press your two buttons explo and fs over someone pressing the two buttons evil omen and concussion.

I've been going in a loop only because you are.

Why wouldn't I use the quote about how you think using your trap box is annoying for you. It tells everyone that pvp isn't for you and you should stop pretending like you know what you are talking about.

ansyears

Adventurer

So I should go looking through your post history for your icq, when you can just post it here in your post ? If you did have the courage to post your icq and get this fight going which you don't, but if you did I wouldn't be playing the necro dexxer, you would and then you could explain to everyone on here how you lost using such an "over powered" template that takes "no skill".

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm not misquoting anything, you actually believe it's harder for you to press your two buttons explo and fs over someone pressing the two buttons evil omen and concussion.

I've been going in a loop only because you are.

Why wouldn't I use the quote about how you think using your trap box is annoying for you. It tells everyone that pvp isn't for you and you should stop pretending like you know what you are talking about.

Thanks for proving my point.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The devs completely screwed up what they did with the necro focus thing. They didn't ask anyone, they just did it.

They realized necro needed a buff which is good (and true). But, the way they did it is stupid. Corpse skin as a spell should just have been buffed for ALL necros.

What they created is a niche character that is really only effective in groups bigger than 2-3 and has a completely over powered interaction with curse and stupid archers.

Revert that change and have corpse skin as a spell lower to 55/55 like it's supposed to, for all necros.
They are really clueless most of the time. They, like most players, will just focus in on one detail and think "this makes sense," and completely disregard the big picture. Corpse skin should not stack with curse, but it should reduce maximum resists regardless of "focus spec" or not.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Right now we are seeing a few necros because corpse and curse stack. You people honestly believe if corpse skin was buffed for all necros we would start seeing some necro mages just so they could lower fire by an extra 5? No just stop.
Yes... if you include other buffs to the necro class; such as the one's I already suggested:

-SDI cap should be increased to 20 for non focus-spec classes
-Spiritspeak being un-interruptable would greatly increase the survivability of necros

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Actually yea lol 5 fire resist is a big deal.

I ran a shield bash necro mage with 60 necro and changed it because of the low DMG output. 5 less fire would have been sweet.
5% lower fire and poison resists means a 12.5% increase of damage from fire and poison sources. Yes, I agree, it absolutely is a big deal and 60-55, goes a long way to making the template viable for group pvp- as well as solo pvp, but 50 of each resist would make it far too OP.

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think SDI cap should be 20% across the board regardless of focus spec, that would fix all the problems with the alchy parry heal mages as well. Focus spec was good until the new loot table made them too powerful. Also the either HCI debuff on moving shot or damage reduction on moving shot. And yes corpse curse should never stack for any reason.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What the hell is that first sentence, why shouldn't necros be running around because of a focused spec? Yes it should stack with curse, necros will go back into the closet if you can't stack them, so like I said if he MUST nerf it drop it to 50 at max.
The solution to making necros viable again is not UBER buffing corpse skin... It's allowing them to reduce max resists regardless of focus spec, while reducing the ability of it to stack, while buffing OTHER aspects of Necros (spell damage inc and survive-ability skills like spiritspeak).

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Your reason against it stacking is that it would be too much damage. When i asked you to support this you refused, but now you want me to support my reason which is 50 fire/poison is balanced damage and would make necros viable.
Why shouldn't it stack? Because the damage is ridiculous...

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I play on europa, so you don't have a valid reason to do it on Test center where you can transfer for free... Interesting very interesting.
Holy crap, this guy doesn't even play Atl? Can we all vote him off the island please?

Well, that's your opinion (on it being useless) and alot of people still think it's useless. -"It's not the template you choose, it's how you use it!"

I'm curious as to who is "Good" in your opinion though.
"How you use it" most certainly matters to some extent, but some templates are simply better than others; and that said, Necros are garbage these days. Paith and I are both old fans of Necros and good at the template and both of us will tell you that necros are garbage- and the evidence is that neither of us play them anymore.

edit: I would GLADLY make a necro if it were competitively viable again- but as of now it's not even close.

Last edited:

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Alchemy is a crafting skill anyway, it shouldn't really buff pvp consumables.
Why?

So should we remove the sdi bonus from scribe? And the Mysticism SDI bonus from imbuing? And the dmg inc bonus from Lumberjacking? I mean, you aren't making very valid points. You just sound like someone who doesn't like alchemy and wants it changed because you don't utilize it yourself.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
In fairness geni, it does that like 3/4 people to be able to insta kill you.... Not just one. I personally think corpse shouldn't stack with curse thats just broken. I think we canall agree, but with good team play this damage should be allowed.
UO is supposed to be a great game because with enough skill you could overcome seemingly impossible odds. Nothing in the game should be a nearly un-avoidable insta-kill- regardless of how outnumbered you are.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You really think that archer has time to have a pre casted corpse, then omen and conq before you should of got on screen? It was your silly hide, that almost got you killed. It was a bad play.
If all an archer has to do is hold a corpse while you're off screen, and then cast an omen and toggle his special- to pretty much guarantee a kill, it is definitely a little broken. Avoiding it may be possible, but it does little to BEAT it.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Let's play yes or no questions....
Can you avoid being hit by a conq blow ?
Can you run away if you are corpsed?
Can you use an apple to remove a curse?
Can you Use a smoke bomb instead of using hiding?
Should you of just ran?
Can your team mate do anything to help you in this situation?

Please answer these questions in a yes or no fashion and try not to deviate from them too much, it will be difficult i understand, but give it your best go!
Okay, now answer this question- how are you supposed to kill your opponents when all you can do is run because they do that much damage that quickly?

It's like half the people on here don't even pvp...

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Essence of wind also affects archers, So he made his chiv template viable by adding 120 skill points of something... Chivalry to remove curse is only 60 skill points.. Not a huge sacrifice realistically.
My mistake, I dont keep up to date on your templates.

I did you the curiosity of answering your questions, may you do the same now..... look up
You were asking "loaded" questions, completely negating KEY factors. Virem, as well as any archer and/or shield bash/tank mage can do that amount of damage in that time if everything lines up right- but the chance of "everything lining up right" is nearly impossible against good players. In this case, Virem's combo is completely dependent on your opponent standing still/staying on screen for too long. In gen's gif he was taking all that damage WHILE RUNNING. If you can't see how that is broken, I think you need to try to stop zero'ing in on little facts and start trying to understand the big picture.

Last edited:

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If you can do something about explosion fs armor ignore you can do something about corpse evil omen concussion. Only someone that has no clue how to pvp would disagree with that.
Actually... no. Only someone who has no clue how to pvp would fail to see the difference between the two. Explosion FS + Armor requires cursing your target, THEN getting an explosion off, THEN getting a flame strike off, THEN CHASING your character and armor ignoring them from MELEE distance. The archer combo in comparison is much quicker and much easier.

Corpse skin casts at the same speed of curse- but does omen cast at the same speed as Explosion AND Flame Strike combined? And then is shooting someone with a RANGED concussion blow nearly as hard as chasing someone with a melee weapon to armor ignore them?

No, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why?

So should we remove the sdi bonus from scribe? And the Mysticism SDI bonus from imbuing? And the dmg inc bonus from Lumberjacking? I mean, you aren't making very valid points. You just sound like someone who doesn't like alchemy and wants it changed because you don't utilize it yourself.
The other skills involve your current skills in order to do damage, consumables are free and require no skill, just have to carry them. Inscribe works with magery, lumberjacking works with swords skill(only axes too I might add). Alchemy works with nothing, it just boosts damage pots which shouldn't do that kind of damage ever for any reason. The conflag potion is meant to be an interrupt or field blocker, not 40-50 damage trap for free. ITs more ridiculous then curse corpse being stacked. Novas should have never even been put in UO at all, dumbest thing ever.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I agree with you here. I'm not sure how else to handle it.

I don't know if you hall would be appropriate though for the ensuing threads.

Maybe a different forum?

If I get time tonight perhaps I'll gather the general ideas from this thread and we will hash them out from there.
No, that's a terrible idea. You can't make different threads, because that's what all the noobs do. They zero in on one detail and neglect the big picture and how it affects overall balance. Everything is inter-related.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The other skills involve your current skills in order to do damage, consumables are free and require no skill, just have to carry them. Inscribe works with magery, lumberjacking works with swords skill(only axes too I might add). Alchemy works with nothing, it just boosts damage pots which shouldn't do that kind of damage ever for any reason. The conflag potion is meant to be an interrupt or field blocker, not 40-50 damage trap for free. ITs more ridiculous then curse corpse being stacked. Novas should have never even been put in UO at all, dumbest thing ever.
You're still not making a valid point. Why does alchemy have to work with another skill?

And what makes you think conflag potions are MEANT to be an interrupt or field blocker?

Who decided these things? You?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The point is to bring more skill back to pvp, not to add dps from free consumables. You just don't want it nerfed cause you don't have the talent to win without it. The fact that you made that statement shows your lack of intelligence. If you don't think its OP then you shouldn't post again in this thread.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The solution to making necros viable again is not UBER buffing corpse skin... It's allowing them to reduce max resists regardless of focus spec, while reducing the ability of it to stack, while buffing OTHER aspects of Necros (spell damage inc and survive-ability skills like spiritspeak).
This is correct. Focus spec should have buffed spirit speak heals and corpse skin should lower the cap to 55 regardless of skill, and not be stackable. If you were trying to make archery OP, letting them hit 45 fire resist on an apple timer is the best way to do it.

Let's make corpse skin great again.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The point is to bring more skill back to pvp, not to add dps from free consumables. You just don't want it nerfed cause you don't have the talent to win without it. The fact that you made that statement shows your lack of intelligence. If you don't think its OP then you shouldn't post again in this thread.
Yeah, believe it or not, there is a skill to knowing when to conflag, where to conflag, or when to nova. I used to synchronize nova's with other good pvp'ers to disrupt cross heals over a period of time, which is probably something far more advanced than anything you've ever done.

But your attack on my skill and my intelligence is humorous.

ansyears

Adventurer
Yes... if you include other buffs to the necro class; such as the one's I already suggested:

-SDI cap should be increased to 20 for non focus-spec classes
-Spiritspeak being un-interruptable would greatly increase the survivability of necros
so no if they don't add your suggestions, got it.

5% lower fire and poison resists means a 12.5% increase of damage from fire and poison sources. Yes, I agree, it absolutely is a big deal and 60-55, goes a long way to making the template viable for group pvp- as well as solo pvp, but 50 of each resist would make it far too OP.
So 12.5 from a necro is better than 15 from a pure mage and + 10 if you have inscribe to all resist types?????? Mate are you having trouble with basic math???

If they buff other things about necro I have no problem with corpse and curse not stacking until then corpse and curse should stack

Boxing an omen can take anywhere from around 10 to 25 hp. Not really a good solution...
Wrong because my box was doing 7-20 so yes it is a great solution

If all an archer has to do is hold a corpse while you're off screen, and then cast an omen and toggle his special- to pretty much guarantee a kill, it is definitely a little broken. Avoiding it may be possible, but it does little to BEAT it.
All a tank mage has to do is curse, run off screen pre cast an explosion and pray for rng casting focus so you can get off the flamestrike ai.

You were asking "loaded" questions, completely negating KEY factors. Virem, as well as any archer and/or shield bash/tank mage can do that amount of damage in that time if everything lines up right- but the chance of "everything lining up right" is nearly impossible against good players. In this case, Virem's combo is completely dependent on your opponent standing still/staying on screen for too long. In gen's gif he was taking all that damage WHILE RUNNING. If you can't see how that is broken, I think you need to try to stop zero'ing in on little facts and start trying to understand the big picture.
Are you having trouble following what happened? in the gif he didn't take all that damage WHILE RUNNING he stopped in an attempt to get a hide off.

Actually... no. Only someone who has no clue how to pvp would fail to see the difference between the two. Explosion FS + Armor requires cursing your target, THEN getting an explosion off, THEN getting a flame strike off, THEN CHASING your character and armor ignoring them from MELEE distance. The archer combo in comparison is much quicker and much easier.

Corpse skin casts at the same speed of curse- but does omen cast at the same speed as Explosion AND Flame Strike combined? And then is shooting someone with a RANGED concussion blow nearly as hard as chasing someone with a melee weapon to armor ignore them?

No, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Do you even pvp? There are different options you can precast the explosion or you can hope for your casting focus to go off. Why are you talking about melee distance only for the mage but not the dexxer? There are melee dexxers and archer mages too... The mage combo can be quicker and is just as easy as the archer combo.

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, believe it or not, there is a skill to knowing when to conflag, where to conflag, or when to nova. I used to synchronize nova's with other good pvp'ers to disrupt cross heals over a period of time, which is probably something far more advanced than anything you've ever done.

But your attack on my skill and my intelligence is humorous.

LOLOLOLOL. Thanks for proving my point. Only reason to throw damage pot is to either avoid losing the fight or in a choke to give yourself an advantage. Either way its to remove real skill from the fight. Thanks for showing everyone its more about yourself then about actually balancing pvp for the real players. I also want to add that without 3rd party programs bane you wouldn't last more then ten seconds in any real fight period. You lack any real vision of true pvp and are counted among the 3rd party users scrubs. Basically your just a number not a player.

ansyears

Adventurer
LOLOLOLOL. Thanks for proving my point. Only reason to throw damage pot is to either avoid losing the fight or in a choke to give yourself an advantage. Either way its to remove real skill from the fight. Thanks for showing everyone its more about yourself then about actually balancing pvp for the real players. I also want to add that without 3rd party programs bane you wouldn't last more then ten seconds in any real fight period. You lack any real vision of true pvp and are counted among the 3rd party users scrubs. Basically your just a number not a player.
Are you against inscribe and lumber jacking pvp bonus?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No, that's a terrible idea. You can't make different threads, because that's what all the noobs do. They zero in on one detail and neglect the big picture and how it affects overall balance. Everything is inter-related.

Sure, I could buy that. What do you propose?

Status
Not open for further replies.